Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N' Roses Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Gonna make one guess regarding Guns set for tomorrow, they'll do a cover of
    Black Hole Sun

Great shout on that. But that still wouldn't mean a full rehearsal if that's what's happened tonight.

Gonna make one guess regarding Guns set for tomorrow, they'll do a cover of
    Black Hole Sun

Great shout on that. But that still wouldn't mean a full rehearsal if that's what's happened tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Itssoeasy wrote: »

Well it's what goin around on Twitter that they did a full rehearsal, and there's a short clip of Axl doing
    There Was A Time

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

https://twitter.com/johnjgreene/status/868191317955883009
    If the soundcheck is anything to go by then tomorrow night should be something else! #slane2017

https://twitter.com/johnjgreene/status/868191317955883009
    If the soundcheck is anything to go by then tomorrow night should be something else! #slane2017
    I saw that and I got giddy. And the weather seems to be changing for slane tomorrow and the rain seems to be failing more tonight and early morning. Hopefully lads.

• Advertisement

https://instagram.com/p/BUkelqDlKzb/

Melissa is taller then I'd have thought she'd be.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,579 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Met Slash after the last Olympia gig (possibly the best gig I was ever at).

He's waaaay smaller that I thought he'd be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

The big castle is far away

Right lads I'm off to the Leaba. All going well we will all be in slane tomorrow evening listening to something NONE OF US expected to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Lougarden

^^^^ there was not a sound check done by any GnR member tonight in Slane........or was there,??????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Lougarden

Sleep tight

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Was never a big GNR fan back in the day, everyone flocked to them. Stroll down the town and all the cool kids donned a t-shirt. In saying that, I fecking love "it's so easy". Sleaze driven. Perfectly sums up that era.

Hope ya'll have a great day, and the weather plays ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭darrenw5O94

Weather not looking so good atm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

I don't envy anyone having to stand out in that weather!

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭darrenw5O94

PucaMama wrote: »

Only the die hards then today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

PucaMama wrote: »

Only the die hards then today :)
    Sure 😂 I'll see them in the uk

• Registered Users Posts: 7 snap2012

It was pouring from the heavens all morning in Slane but..... It seems to be getting lighter and the rain is easing off. Have a look at the rainfall radar on met.ie. It looks like it'll clear just in time. It'll still be a mud bath though. Can't wait, really excited after listening rehearsals yesterday. I have been a massive fan since the beginning and got to hear them for 4+ hours yesterday while gardening in my garden. NEVER thought that would ever happen. I'm bringing my kids too, eldest is 11 and he loves them. He's is a budding guitar superstar (watch out Slash). He's been learning paradise city for the school concert since before gnr was announced. Already knows sweet child of mine). I'm so excited for him too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,392 ✭✭✭XsApollo

Go back on time....
    Looze my virginity or guns n roses
    Guns n roses
    This is the best thing I have ever seen.
    Didn'

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Dargull

Gig was ok. The band especially Slash was on top form. Unless Zeppelin reform I'll never set foot in Slane again.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Hombre Lobo

Thought the band sounded amazing. The played almost non stop for shy of 3 hours.
    One or two solo's dragged a bit but overall they belted out so many hits, and I thought Axl sounded great. Slash was a machine on the guitar.
    I made my way close to the exit during the encore of TWAT/ Paradise City as some of the people in the crowd started to get messy. When you have 80k in a field that's been drinking all day there's going to be some. Getting home was a nightmare but so glad I went to see them live again.

And then they covered this too.

• Advertisement

Just in the door. What a show. I thought the band were unreal and if the bus driver hadn't got lost going up it wouldn't have been that bad. Thankfully the rain held off eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Was Izzy there last night? I really think it was him. Am I right? Thought concert was absolutely brilliant but hate Slane as a concert venue, the queues for the toilets was torture.

fin12 wrote: »
    Was Izzy there last night? I really think it was him. Am I right? Thought concert was absolutely brilliant but hate Slane as a concert venue, the queues for the toilets was torture.

No Izzy that was Richard Fortus did you not hear Axl introduce him

They do look alike from far far away but you are messing aren't you. Your hear long enough to know the score with Izzy.

No Izzy that was Richard Fortus did you not hear Axl introduce him

They do look alike from far far away but you are messing aren't you. Your hear long enough to know the score with Izzy.

I'm not messing, I genuinely thought it was him. What is the score with him?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 161 ✭✭Allah snackbar

I thought it was a great gig , axl was on top form , slash was brilliant and they played for nearly 3 hours , there's not many big acts doing that now , I thought the sound quality wasn't great but they seemed to sort it after song 4 or 5 , does anyone know did slash do a solo of" how I wish you were hear " by pink Floyd , it sounded very like it and I thought they were going to sing it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

I thought it was a great gig , axl was on top form , slash was brilliant and they played for nearly 3 hours , there's not many big acts doing that now , I thought the sound quality wasn't great but they seemed to sort it after song 4 or 5 , does anyone know did slash do a solo of" how I wish you were hear " by pink Floyd , it sounded very like it and I thought they were going to sing it

He did a medley of Wish you were here/ Layla/

fin12 wrote: »
    I'm not messing, I genuinely thought it was him. What is the score with him?

Sorry if I sounded rude.
    The score with Izzy is .....well....no one actually knows except Izzy himself.
    The general consensus from reading any article's I can find is that he was not offered an equal or similar cut as slash and duff probarbly justified as he wrote/ arranged most of their big songs.
    But Izzy doesn't subcribe to the circus of a massive tour
    And wanted to pick his own dates and conditions to play
    The only hope we have at the moment of Izzy joining again is for a 30th anniversary AFD show in July or he just rocks up to a show somewhere and says plug me in for the usual fee
    As Axl said when asked about Izzy (Izzy's....well Izzy's Izzy. what you decide on one day Izzy will see it different the following day ".
    Hope that helps

Great gig had a blast just like going back 25 years

• Registered Users Posts: 5,968 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Great gig, band were on form big time. Circle tickets worth the extra price, only gripe would be the lines at the beer tents.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭garrettod

I will never go to Slane again !
    • Over 4 hours from the M50 to Slane. Everyone accepts delays, but this was down to poor traffic management (only one route in, seriously ?) and lack of decent logistical planning to get cars and buses off the road when they got to the event.
    • Paid for VIP and didn't get preferential parking and some other perks. VIP seating was quite far away from the stage, so hardly a great view. Majority of staff at the gig didn't even know where an MCD rep could be found etc. Obviously, the conversation will be had with MCD on Monday (only small positive was one guy from MCD when I finally did find him, was willing to try and help on the night, agree follow up call on Monday etc.).
    • Was held in a field along with several hundred other motorists after the show for approx. 3 hours. While (sadly) there seems to have been an incident on the road, they Gardai and Security only opened the alternative route 3 hours later (inexcusable, given it was a decent road linking to the N2, then M1). We even got to see the porto-loo's being transported down the road while we were being kept in the field, so very clear where the priorities were for the Gardai and event organisers !
    • Finally got home to Dublin at 3am (and was driving, not stumbling along dark roads with too much beer on board etc)

The band certainly played their part in terms of putting on a very good show, but the grief either side of the gig ruined part of the experience for me.

Slane - absolutely never again and I would urge a boycott until there's some joined up thinking on how to work the logistics. Rocket science it is not, but the use of a bit of common sense is a basic and essential requirement !

Thanks,

G.

• Advertisement

garrettod wrote: »
    I will never go to Slane again !
    • Over 4 hours from the M50 to Slane. Everyone accepts delays, but this was down to poor traffic management (only one route in, seriously ?) and lack of decent logistical planning to get cars and buses off the road when they got to the event.
    • Paid for VIP and didn't get preferential parking and some other perks. VIP seating was quite far away from the stage, so hardly a great view. Majority of staff at the gig didn't even know where an MCD rep could be found etc. Obviously, the conversation will be had with MCD on Monday (only small positive was one guy from MCD when I finally did find him, was willing to try and help on the night, agree follow up call on Monday etc.).
    • Was held in a field along with several hundred other motorists after the show for approx. 3 hours. While (sadly) there seems to have been an incident on the road, they Gardai and Security only opened the alternative route 3 hours later (inexcusable, given it was a decent road linking to the N2, then M1). We even got to see the porto-loo's being transported down the road while we were being kept in the field, so very clear where the priorities were for the Gardai and event organisers !
    • Finally got home to Dublin at 3am (and was driving, not stumbling along dark roads with too much beer on board etc)

The band certainly played their part in terms of putting on a very good show, but the grief either side of the gig ruined part of the experience for me.

Slane - absolutely never again and I would urge a boycott until there's some joined up thinking on how to work the logistics. Rocket science it is not, but the use of a bit of common sense is a basic and essential requirement !

I agree it's a horrible concert venue. I'd never want to go back there either

Advertisement