Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[MW3] Normal vs Hardened Edition

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

Noob question here but hoping someone can help me out. Seems as though I'm unlikely to pick up the hardened version of MW3 so I'd like to just get elite instead. Is this something you can pay for in any game shop or is it something you have to online or both maybe?

Thanks
    I'd presume you could buy it through the play station network or Xbox live

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Yea but most people I know, myself included, use PSN cards, especially after the hack this past Spring.

Or use your credit card to buy from a external cheaper website.Too lazy to get a link now.ill get one tomorrow.live codes or something its called

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭claiva

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Would need to have euro codes though.the uk £ ones prob wouldnt work

• Registered Users Posts: 16 KaLi_78

Soby wrote: »
    Would need to have euro codes though.the uk £ ones prob wouldnt work

Any codes from europe works fine UK is in the europe so don't worry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

KaLi_78 wrote: »
    Any codes from europe works fine UK is in the europe so don't worry

I think hes talking about PSN vouchers and not xbox live codes. Irish PSN codes only work on Irish registered accounts.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I have a preorder of the MW3 console and the Hardened Edition, and was planning on selling on the copy that came with the console.

However, I'm really thinking of just cancelling my preorder for the Hardened Edition and just buying some cheap ms points online to buy it.

All I want from the hardened edition was the 1-year elite membeship. So buying a code card online and using it the copy of MW3 I get with the console, it's the same thing right?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I have a preorder of the MW3 console and the Hardened Edition, and was planning on selling on the copy that came with the console.

However, I'm really thinking of just cancelling my preorder for the Hardened Edition and just buying some cheap ms points online to buy it.

All I want from the hardened edition was the 1-year elite membeship. So buying a code card online and using it the copy of MW3 I get with the console, it's the same thing right?

It would seem to be , i think i saw the package costs 4k ms points.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Shammy wrote: »
    It would seem to be , i think i saw the package costs 4k ms points.

Which is about 36 euro online and I have vouchers for Amazon to buy 4200 ms points. Would save me shelling out another 99 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

claiva wrote: »

I used these lads last time I bought points/XBL membership, slightly cheaper but we're talking less than £1 in the difference.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

FutureGuy wrote: »

You'll miss out on the steel case, fan-art booklet and some other things. If you can get the MS points cheap then I'd say get them seperate as you are now, would work out cheaper (as a retailer I'd say Tesco will be the cheapest place to buy Mw3 by itself, was around €40-€45 there for Black Ops in the midnight release).

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭DanTheMan91

I have the Hardened Edition pre-ordered the last few months but I am thinking about changing to the regular edition. The previous dlc packs from Infinity Ward were poor and none of my friends are getting elite so even if I had the maps early I wouldn't play them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Still waiting on my Hardened Edition to be delivered by Amazon :(

No tracking on it seems a bit silly

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

So you have to renew your membership every year!? Farce!

What if they don't get all the DLC out in the first year? You'd have to renew for another year!

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

So you have to renew your membership every year!? Farce!

What if they don't get all the DLC out in the first year? You'd have to renew for another year!

new call of duty has already been announced for next year so presume it will be for that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

I have a pre-order for gamestop in st stephens green for the Hardened edition of mw3 for xbox 360.

I have already paid 15 euro deposit, Another 85 is owned for the game.

The game is still there waiting for me, So anyone who wants this please reply here.

Mods, If this is against the rules, I apologise, I have already gotten my hardened edition and don't need another.

Advertisement