Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[MW3] Normal vs Hardened Edition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭claiva

CptMackey wrote: »
    Buddy of mine just out of hmv. They are not taking preorders for the hardened edition anymore but they said similar to above. Gamestop Patrick street are still taking preorders for xbox. Sold out on ps3

Good News Lads,

HMV Just rang me and said that even though I collected my fiver from them yesterday, they will STILL hold me a copy of the Hardened Edition !!!!!
    I will just have to pay the full whack on release day !!!

I'm well impressed, bravo HMV !!!!
    :D:D:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭CptMackey

claiva wrote: »
    CptMackey wrote: »
    Buddy of mine just out of hmv. They are not taking preorders for the hardened edition anymore but they said similar to above. Gamestop Patrick street are still taking preorders for xbox. Sold out on ps3

Good News Lads,

HMV Just rang me and said that even though I collected my fiver from them yesterday, they will STILL hold me a copy of the Hardened Edition !!!!!
    I will just have to pay the full whack on release day !!!

I'm well impressed, bravo HMV !!!!
    :D:D:p

That's great news :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

Just got out of HMV there. Tryin to get them to clarify the situation. They just got an email lastnight sayin they are no longer taking preorders but said if you preordered early your order is secure (Kilkenny store). They are still saying its gamestop exclusive which isnt true according to Dan Amrich (oneofswords).

If it helps Gamestop Kilkenny are still taking preorders on the Xbox version. Be quick.

How early do you know? I just preordered mine on the 16th of last month. I have an order number and a ref from one of the staff. Also, is it still 90? I'll try prebook in GS tomorrow if I can otherwise. Hope they will still have a few copies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Is there any difference between the elite you could with the hardened and the elite you just buy in the ps store?? Are you just paying for the hardened case and all the gimmicks??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

So is HMV getting it in or what?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 CAPSLOCK2

Why did they ring me and say it was Gamestop exclusive? This is retarded

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Why not just order the HE off Amazon? Free delivery as well and I doubt there'll be a shortage of stock..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Enigma IE

e_e wrote: »
    Why not just order the HE off Amazon? Free delivery as well and I doubt there'll be a shortage of stock..

Hi, do they guarantee release day delivery? Personally, my preference would be to pick the game up at midnight release or following morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Enigma IE wrote: »
    Hi, do they guarantee release day delivery? Personally, my preference would be to pick the game up at midnight release or following morning.
    You will be lucky to get it that week never mind release day off amazon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

F-it, not gonna bother with HE, if MW3 is like MW2 I won't b playin it much anyway

Is GS open for midnight release Muse?

• Advertisement

I've got no phonecall yet so do you think I'd be good to go?Forgot to ring today but will try tomorrow and does anyone know if it is still 90euro?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

IPAM wrote: »
    F-it, not gonna bother with HE, if MW3 is like MW2 I won't b playin it much anyway

Is GS open for midnight release Muse?

Gamestop, Xtravision and Tesco opened at 12 for B:Ops so Id say they will again. Got mine in Xtravision and the crowd was massive.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Gonna go into HMV later and see what's the craic. Booked my copy around 3 weeks ago.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

CAPSLOCK2 wrote: »
    Why did they ring me and say it was Gamestop exclusive? This is retarded

I thought I read or heard it was an exclusive for Gamestop in the US..

iMuse wrote: »
    You will be lucky to get it that week never mind release day off amazon
    I often order from Amazon and it NEVER takes that long to arrive. 2 or 3 days tops and if you order express it'll likely be next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BeanFlicker

I had it pre-ordered with HMV and got the call that Gamestop had exclusivity.

Fine, went to Gamestop to pre-order the game, then the next day HMV rang again said they could proceed with my order....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,312 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Remembered a 20e voucher I had for Gamestop.. wandered up on Friday night, placed deposit down on hardened edition... result x2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 walshy012

xtra vision had taken a pre order from me for what was supposed to be he ages ago so i taught all was well and good!and they decide to inform me today that there not getting it.now i cant pre order it anywhere.what a disaster

There'll still be many hardened editions available after release. After all you can still get the HEs for Black Ops and MW2 brand new in some places.

yes but i was kinda hoping to get it at midnight or at least day of release

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

Went into Gamestop a few weeks ago to prebook and got laughed out of the shop. Went back in this sat and they had more available so try them.

BTW its on Xbox 360

the closest gamestop to me is nearly 40 miles away so its not like i can just keep calling in to see if its available!bin tryin website and its unavailable.ill keep trying up until release date otherwise it will be regular edition(at least i can get that at midnight)

Any chance of a HMV near you? All ya have to do is give gamestop a ring too.

Just rang HMV, what she told me was that anyone who has preordered is on the system and should be getting a copy but she will check with the manager tomorrow to make sure since the store was closed. However, as we know,they can't take any more orders now.

She was saying that there was probably limited supplies to Ireland but if GS have exclusivity I think that is the reason.Really strange.No price either for me, hopefully a phonecall tomorrow will have more info!

no hmv is the same distance :( ill just give gamestop a ring tommorow and see what they say.i dont mind getting the re if i have to(ill get over it)its xtra vision that has pi**ed me off taking my order when they hadnt a clue if they wer getting it or not and not telling me they wernt until it was too late

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭CptMackey

walshy012 wrote: »
    no hmv is the same distance :( ill just give gamestop a ring tommorow and see what they say.i dont mind getting the re if i have to(ill get over it)its xtra vision that has pi**ed me off taking my order when they hadnt a clue if they wer getting it or not and not telling me they wernt until it was too late

Elite is 50 quid on psn for preorder if you can't get the hardened. You might get cod cheaper in hmv too . Gears was 40.99 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Dothehustle

lads
    what is the diffrence between the hardened edition and the Elite ????

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

lads
    what is the diffrence between the hardened edition and the Elite ????
    You get elite with the hardened edition, hardened edition and regular edition are the two available in the shops

Basically Hardened edition=the game+elite service+founder status/clan xp boost and earlier release of DLC.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Basically Hardened edition=the game+elite service+founder status/clan xp boost and earlier release of DLC.

And some sort of book with pretty pictures or some such.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Dothehustle

was in game asking abount the hardened edition they said had none and they had the elite edition instead ???
    or did i pick up on it wrong

Advertisement