Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[MW3] Normal vs Hardened Edition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

was in game asking abount the hardened edition they said had none and they had the elite edition instead ???
    or did i pick up on it wrong

They don't have the hardened edition unfortunately, the prestige edition I believe it's called?

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Dothehustle

They don't have the hardened edition unfortunately, the prestige edition I believe it's called?

ah maybe that was it what do u get extra was in a rush so never got a chance to ask

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Theres no Prestige edition for MW3, Game might have their own special edition, they are offering double XP codes with the game in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

iMuse wrote: »
    Theres no Prestige edition for MW3, Game might have their own special edition, they are offering double XP codes with the game in the UK.

Saw a poster in Game on Dawson street saying double xp when pre ordered so its the same over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭tonsiltickler

Think I'm getting a new ps3 in the next few days, can you cancel an order for hardened edition in gamestop? I have it ordered for xbox.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

zavvi have the hardened edition for order if anyone is stuck, guess they're getting it as well:

http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/ps3/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-3-hardened-edition/10540462.html

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Think I'm getting a new ps3 in the next few days, can you cancel an order for hardened edition in gamestop? I have it ordered for xbox.

Go in and ask them to switch the Pre-order, it seems more have been released in the past few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Went into HMV on the way home from work to pre-order my hardened edition - £79.99

The only decision now is whether to pull a sickie or not on the day

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I think it's working out cheaper to buy the regular edition on the cheap from tesco/harvey norman then buy the elite things separately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭mark.leonard

x43r0 wrote: »
    Went into HMV on the way home from work to pre-order my hardened edition - £79.99

The only decision now is whether to pull a sickie or not on the day

I went and booked a day's vacation for it :) HR should add a COD day as a kind of Force Majeure!

Anyone know if Letterkenny Gamestop is still out of 360 hardened editions? Going to swing in tomorrow and try and pre-order.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭BlastedGlute

tried to pre-order hardened at gamestop galway today and their sold out :( probably try HMV but im told that the hardened edition pre-order is exclusive to gamestop in ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 KaLi_78

I was yesterday in Game Stop in Limerick (William St.) and I got pre-order of hardened edition :)
    First time I went they said sold out and they will be calling to all people who pre-ordered are they still wan't it so then if someone resign I can get it on the 8.11.2011 half an hour later I came back to the shop and said could you put me in on waiting list and lad behind counter said they got email as I was gone that they can sell 3 more copies of MW3 hardened edition so me and my friend got one each (xbox360) and there was one left and maybe still is if someone wants it give them a call

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

tried to pre-order hardened at gamestop galway today and their sold out :( probably try HMV but im told that the hardened edition pre-order is exclusive to gamestop in ireland?

HMV are infact getting the hardened edition.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

Thor wrote: »
    HMV are infact getting the hardened edition.

Were taking preorders, not anymore I believe. You may get lucky with GS but I think online is the only option if you really want it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Does Tesco/Harvey Norman etc take pre-orders?

Does Tesco/Harvey Norman etc take pre-orders?
    not for hardened edition

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

How about Amazon pre-ordering?

edit: sorry, it's unavailable, just the standard edition available!

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Ballymun Bohs

Noob question here but hoping someone can help me out. Seems as though I'm unlikely to pick up the hardened version of MW3 so I'd like to just get elite instead. Is this something you can pay for in any game shop or is it something you have to online or both maybe?

Thanks

Noob question here but hoping someone can help me out. Seems as though I'm unlikely to pick up the hardened version of MW3 so I'd like to just get elite instead. Is this something you can pay for in any game shop or is it something you have to online or both maybe?

Thanks

What console you on? If PS3 just buy a €50 psn card in a gamestop/ hmv etc. On xbox I think you can pay for it by microsoft points which you can buy instore aswell.

What console you on? If PS3 just buy a €50 psn card in a gamestop/ hmv etc. On xbox I think you can pay for it by microsoft points which you can buy instore aswell.

Sorry I forgot to mention I'm on PS3. So basically I buy the psn card and then buy elite through the PS Store?

• Advertisement

Sorry I forgot to mention I'm on PS3. So basically I buy the psn card and then buy elite through the PS Store?

Yeah, I think its already on the store now so you can check how much it is.

Yeah, I think its already on the store now so you can check how much it is.

Nice one. Cheers mate :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

You can only buy in €20 increments from what I remember, so you'll have to get €60 worth of vouchers, it's €49.99 on the store for the 1 year subscription.

Leeg17 wrote: »
    You can only buy in €20 increments from what I remember, so you'll have to get €60 worth of vouchers, it's €49.99 on the store for the 1 year subscription.

You used to be able to buy both €20 and €50 vouchers? Maybe they stopped the 50 but its years since I bought any lol

You used to be able to buy both €20 and €50 vouchers? Maybe they stopped the 50 but its years since I bought any lol

I tried to get a €50 for Magill's PVR a year ago and they didn't have any (that's not to say the girl at the checkout wasn't stupid or they were out of stock)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

Does anyone know how much Tesco will be selling it at ?

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Can't you just buy it with a credit card?
    Does anyone know how much Tesco will be selling it at ?
    I would say €45 for the first week then back to €54, thats just a guess since we won't know the price until its released

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

Battleflag wrote: »

I would say €45 for the first week then back to €54, thats just a guess since we won't know the price until its released

Thanks, getting through to my local Tesco seem to be the impossible at the moment.

Battleflag wrote: »

Yea but most people I know, myself included, use PSN cards, especially after the hack this past Spring.

• Advertisement

It looks like CoD Elite will be on Marketplace for 4000 MSP

http://majornelson.com/2011/11/01/coming-soon-to-the-xbox-live-marketplace-13/

Advertisement