Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[MW3] Normal vs Hardened Edition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

On my screen its still available from gamestop.ie :confused:
    Are you sure?? Did u attempt to buy it??

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

Hardened edition for 360 is available on the gamestop website

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Just tried Gamestop Letterkenny :mad: All gone but as above, he said try the website, also said ya may get it the day before... dunno why

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

IPAM wrote: »
    Just tried Gamestop Letterkenny :mad: All gone but as above, he said try the website, also said ya may get it the day before... dunno why
    Yeah I asked and got the same so bought it off the website instead. People got GOW3 early so theres always a chance that it will arrive on the monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭dre_jspeed

I tried gamestop in th square tallaght no joy so went home and pre-ordered it on they're website.
    Checked with Game be for I left and they are doing the 'Intel edition'. Asked the lads in the shop if elite came with it, they couldn't give me a answer so I left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

since i cant get hardened for ps3 from gamestop.ie i guess ill have to go to a shop and pre-order....anywhere in dublin still got them :( ?

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭derm0j073

Just got a call from HMV saying they wont be selling MW3 Hardened Ed and to collect my 5 quid deposit . Gamestop.ie still have copies for 360 in stock if like myself you've been let down by HMV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭CptMackey

derm0j073 wrote: »
    Just got a call from HMV saying they wont be selling MW3 Hardened Ed and to collect my 5 quid deposit . Gamestop.ie still have copies for 360 in stock if like myself you've been let down by HMV.
    Is that the case for all hmv's ?

CptMackey wrote: »
    Is that the case for all hmv's ?
    The gent from HMV who called me this morning said that the Hardened edition would only be sold through Gamestop . I can't believe its only a month from launch and a lot of retailers still don't have a clue what version they'll have for sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Got the call from Henry St in Dublin sad panda is sad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Pre ordered my Hardened Edition 2 weeks ago with BF3 Special Edition and the normal Skyrim one.

So HMV are not getting it in lads? That is bad form taking pre orders for it as I'd say the majority of Gamestops have sold out by now.

Got a buddy to call into HMV there. They havent a clue what the story is with the HE whether its exclusive to Gamestop or not and they are continuing to accept pre-orders.
    How can they still be accepting preorders if they don't know

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Not received a call from HMV myself.

I'v no idea. can anyone confirm they have recieved calls from HMV requesting they cancel their preorders. Im talking to an Activision support guy trying to figure out whats goin on.
    I got the call about noon today from HMV Henry Street and was told that the HE would only be on sale from Gamestation and to collect my deposit.

got the call today :(..gamestop has no PS3 hardened editions according to the website, am i out of a hardened edition now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 CAPSLOCK2

HMV rang me today and told me only Gamestop are selling the Hardened Edt in Ireland. Went into Gamestop earlier and pre-ordered it, it was a lucky job because they said today was the last day they were taking pre-orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

Surely they can't take pre-orders for an edition that they will not end up not selling? Really pissed about this. Hope I can still get it now in GS but for 10 euro more:mad:

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Got the call.

Superb -_-

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Well that sucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Cancelled my hardened edition. Just going to wait til the release day and pick it up. Somewhere usually does a special for under 50. Looked at the dlc for the WaW, MW2 and BO and its all pretty boring. Nothing else really worth €100 for one game.

• Advertisement

That sucks for anyone who ordered with HMV, I would have aswell only theres none near me. Gamestop have the exclusive in Ireland so you could still buy from amazon.co.uk etc but won't get it on release. You will be able to buy an elite membership day 1 from xbox live or PSN so its no big loss anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Thomasheen

I've actually caved in and decided to go all out and get elite and everything. I literally booked mine on gamestop yesterday so I must have got one of the last few

Oneofswords tweeted me about the matter saying there is no exclusive retail partner.

but hmv rang me and loads of other people?..what a joke this is i was looking forward to hardened edition

You and me both. Im still awaiting this phonecall from HMV. Wanna tear them a new one.

they were like "im sorry but i have a bit of bad news" my heart just sank :pac: does anybody know if i can get it in gamestop on ps3?..website orders are gone :S if your doing exclusives then make shure you have EXTRA copys you shower of eejits!!

MarkY91 wrote: »
    they were like "im sorry but i have a bit of bad news" my heart just sank :pac: does anybody know if i can get it in gamestop on ps3?..website orders are gone :S if your doing exclusives then make shure you have EXTRA copys you shower of eejits!!

They did have extra copies though, it was available to order again on ps3 a week or two ago. They might make it available again so just keep an eye on their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭claiva

I got the dreaded call from HMV yesterday, Rang my local Gamestop and enquired about availability of HE. I was told that they would estimate that they would be sold out in 48 hours. Went into town and picked up my deposit off HMV.
    2 hours later I arrived at Gamestop's counter only to be told - guess what ????
    Anyone ..anyone.....bueller....bueller ???

Yep, they've stopped taking Pre-Orders !!!!!

Soooooooo Angry right now....WTF ??????

The guy said that they hoped to be able to take orders again soon, but didnt know when..........
    :mad::(:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Enigma IE

claiva wrote: »
    I got the dreaded call from HMV yesterday, Rang my local Gamestop and enquired about availability of HE. I was told that they would estimate that they would be sold out in 48 hours. Went into town and picked up my deposit off HMV.
    2 hours later I arrived at Gamestop's counter only to be told - guess what ????
    Anyone ..anyone.....bueller....bueller ???

Yep, they've stopped taking Pre-Orders !!!!!

Soooooooo Angry right now....WTF ??????

The guy said that they hoped to be able to take orders again soon, but didnt know when..........
    :mad::(:confused:

Cooooonts. I've not pre-ordered any edition yet......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Enigma IE wrote: »
    Cooooonts. I've not pre-ordered any edition yet......

Me neither. Not decided yet if I even will pre-order. Chances of not getting one in London would be pretty slim (I hope :eek:)

if anyone finds out if gamestop are taking ps3 pre-orders again please post here

• Advertisement

Just got out of HMV there. Tryin to get them to clarify the situation. They just got an email lastnight sayin they are no longer taking preorders but said if you preordered early your order is secure (Kilkenny store). They are still saying its gamestop exclusive which isnt true according to Dan Amrich (oneofswords).

If it helps Gamestop Kilkenny are still taking preorders on the Xbox version. Be quick.

Buddy of mine just out of hmv. They are not taking preorders for the hardened edition anymore but they said similar to above. Gamestop Patrick street are still taking preorders for xbox. Sold out on ps3

Advertisement