Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ze Bulli

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

... yeah that's how you're meant to do it :)

it's rough as a badgers arse with the airhole on the same side as the coil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

All makes more sense now. I was getting crappy enough vapour and just a non flavour, but kind of "wrong/strong" taste.

Fecking air hole is slightly off as well now of course (not centred)and I'm trying to find a washer/o-ring. Have to file down the inside of the tube where I drilled the airhole cos it's making bits of my wick - after opening it about 126,512 times.

Had to order another 10m of wick from Andrei for 5.99 as well - if these damn things weren't so cheap.............

did you get any of the mouthpieces with your a2 classic update kit?

some of those have little o-rings in them, that's what I used to center the airhole on my aluminium one

did you get any of the mouthpieces with your a2 classic update kit?

some of those have little o-rings in them, that's what I used to center the airhole on my aluminium one

No o-rings in mine anyway.

Edit: Oh - found it now. ust give it a go.

it can be a bit of a pain in the arse to get it on properly, and getting the threads to line up with it on is a bit tricky too but it's worth doing to get the airhole properly aligned

• Advertisement

Nope......still bad. Tried having the coil up, down - still bad.

To be honest I'm very disappointed with the Classic. The vapour is bad no matter what I do and the flavour isnt great either. The draw is way too airy.

The tank blows the classic away actually.

As usual, I couldn't just give up on this thing and after a night sleeping on it I took at it again this morning..............

I used 4 wraps instead of my usual 5 and wrapped the wire around the screws so that the coil is good and tight and secure. Its working wonderfully! I've only got 0% juice in there cos I nearly killed myself yesterday with nic I'd say but I'll whack in some 8mg and see if the TH is any good.

Maybe 5 turns was too much? Maybe I needed to wrap the legs around the posts? Who the hell knows but it's giving a lovely vape now!

what were you doing before that you werent wrapping the legs around the posts? or am I not understanding you properly...

and about 5 turns being too much, I always use 6... I keep meaning to try out 4 wraps of .15 to see what its like but I just never bother

Aaaaarrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhh.....................its gone **** again............I think the bit of metal inside the tube where it was bored out is catching on the loops and pulling the whole thing out of position on me. Even when I have it right again, the hole is through the threads so I cant actually file it down..............

Yeah, I mean wrapping the wire around the posts before tightening - I used tojust place it under the screws and it just wasn't stable enough. Going to cut the loops so the strands of wick are free.

Burning through wick like it's going out of fashion!!!!!

Got it!! I did up another coil using 4 strands and 5 turns. I cut the loops cos if not they'll get caught in the 'hole' shards.

Working lovely. I hate the whistletip mouthpiece though. Do you pull the filler down a few mm's?

• Advertisement

dunno, never used the carts that came with it.. mine came with a 510 drip tip adapter so i've just always used it as a dripper

could you sand the hole down gently? or would that still **** with the threads

Its right between two threads so it will be hard. Fecking around with it all morning and the TH is very strong off of it. Too strong actually. I've played with the hole but it's still too strong. Should the coil be level with the screws or slightly up or down?

it's down to personal preference. I keep it pretty level, but I've also fudged about with it a bit raising or lowering to see which I prefer.. ended up just keeping it pretty level with the screws. im happy with the vape so I dont want to go messing with it too muchg in case I end up back like I was in the dark dark days of the RDA, recoiling every half hour and flying through 10m of wick a week

I got Andre's wick this morning.....only for that I had basically enough to make 1 or 2 coils left. Need to buy wire soon now.........

i found a guy on ebay selling loads of .20 nichrome pretty cheap
    I'll have a look through my bookmarks later today.. i have enough to last me a month or so left but I do need to get more, just to be safe

I've only used 0.15 so I'd be interested in the 0.20 alright. Seems to be easier to handle?

I got a fella here to get the shards from the hole off using a lathe and the threads are still good!

I'm off to try another coil now..........leaving the loops on.

.15 would probably be a bit easier with the bulli tbh, the wire's so much thinner so you've more space to work with when making the coil fit between the posts

look on ebay anyway, should have no trouble finding .15 nichrome or kanthal cheap enough. you could get a lifetimes supply for 20-30 quid probably

http://electra-pipes.com/en/16-mesh-kanthal-glass-fiber

someone posted this on the facebook page, seems a decent price for 20m. dunno what shipping would be like though

shiping is 5.80

did up a basket with 40m of .20 nichrome, 20m of .16 nichrome and 20m of .20 kanthal , comes to 21.40 alltogether

ntb

will have to look up the ohms ratings for .20 kanthal and .16 nichrome, see if I actually want them.. I do want something a little higher than .20 nichrome for some of my fruity juices.. they can taste a little burnt on my 1.4 ohm coils

What a complete idiot I am.........went through three coil set ups and could not understand why the hell I was getting no vapour and a bit of flavour. Airy as hell. Tried everything. Finally copped on that I had picked up the mouthpiece that I took the o-ring off of yesterday.....

It's working nicely now. No catching of the wick anymore so here's hoping.

ah, so the o-rings are there for a reason

i'd been wondering if I ever decided to use those cart things, would I have to throw away the one without the o-ring

guess now I know

• Advertisement

Fecking thing is way too strong in flavour now! Almost impossible to vape it. Actually it is impossible and I've double checked the airhole position.

I wonder is 4 strands too much? Might try 3 later. I have big loops of wick as well. Does that matter?

no idea really about the loops

4 strands of wick? that's what I use and derra uses and I think most people earlier in the thread use 4 strands as well.. doubt that'd be an issue

Hope my airhole is in the right place. It's opposite the screws, between the second and third ring.

http://i.imgur.com/BCtWk.jpg

that's where my airhole is

it's on the opposite side of the interior to the coil and pretty much right in the middle between the screws

Hmmmm......mine is a notch higher......feck, wonder is that it?

i dunno.. if it's only a little higher would it really make a huge difference?

Don't know but can't see what else it could be. The same coil set up works fantastic on the tank and RDA.

post over in the ukvapers thread, someone there might know

maybe derra will grace us with his wisdom soon :)

Yeah, I've posted in a Bulli thread earlier.

• Advertisement

It must definitely be the airhole. I made a coil with three strands and it was like inhaling boiling juice and almost cut the throat off me. The only way I'll ever know is to solder it up and drill a hole one line lower. At the end of the day, the same base and coils are working a treat on the tank. Ironically enough, if I was recomending a Bulli to anybody I'd recommend the tank cos when you get to grips with it , it vapes like a champ.

Just fired up the tank again and what a difference! The mesh wick with the hole down the centre wicks juice like theres no tomorrow so no fear of dry hits. The draw is much nicer too which leads me to believe there's something wrong with my hole.......so to speak!

The problem is that I'll wake up tomorrow and think of another way to go at it and rip my lovely tank set up apart to try again, and back to the vicious circle..............the other option is to buy an A2 straight but dont want to waste more fecking money. This bloody vaping is costing me a fortune!!!

Advertisement