Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ze Bulli

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

ooooooooooooh

so the only bit that has the 4 strands thickness is the bit under the coil?

i have 4 strands of wick lounging around in the base of my RDAs atm.. its quite crowded in there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

ooooooooooooh

so the only bit that has the 4 strands thickness is the bit under the coil?

i have 4 strands of wick lounging around in the base of my RDAs atm.. its quite crowded in there

Yep.

Now whether you think it is better that way is up to yourself, i thought it was too much having 4 strands lounging around the base.

Could be a different story tomorrow :rolleyes: :D

well I'll vape away on these arrangements for a while longer
    tomorrow I might do two new ones.. one with 2 strands in the base, one with 4.. and compare them

I wonder would 2 strands feed the juice up to the coil quickly enough for 5v vaping.. i suppose all it would mean was I'd have to lay off the chain vaping.. although this **** hits so hard anyway I doubt I'll be doing much of that

Will try a couple more ways as well tbh, will have a bit more patience with this rather than just selling it.

5v on 1.8 Ohm coil (if ya do get that measurement next time) is far too high imo.

Just about 14 watts that is.

Even 11 watts on the 2.3 Ohm coil is a bit much no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

It does hit harder doesn't it!

• Advertisement

yeah if I get the 1.8ohm coil I'll drop it down to 4-4.5 maybe

5v on a 2.4ohm coil is 10.4 watts or something.. grand, might go a little higher

I think id be happier with the 2.4ohm coil too. if I understand it right the 1.8ohm coil at 4.4v will drain the battery faster than a 2.4ohm coil at 5v even though they both give just about the same watts... the 1.8@4.4 is .5 amps higher.. which means it drains the battery a little faster, right?

I guess with the throathit mod it's not that big a deal but it's the principle of the thing :)

yeah if I get the 1.8ohm coil I'll drop it down to 4-4.5 maybe

5v on a 2.4ohm coil is 10.4 watts or something.. grand, might go a little higher

I think id be happier with the 2.4ohm coil too. if I understand it right the 1.8ohm coil at 4.4v will drain the battery faster than a 2.4ohm coil at 5v even though they both give just about the same watts... the 1.8@4.4 is .5 amps higher.. which means it drains the battery a little faster, right?

I guess with the throathit mod it's not that big a deal but it's the principle of the thing :)

Will let Alec answer that one :D

HV vaping is best with .12/13 wire as far as i'm aware.
    LR is best with .18/.20
    SR is best with .15/16

And that's all i need to know as i have plenty of regulated eGo batteries to keep me going plus the fact i only use .20 wire to get the vape i want.

Surely yas must be dropping nic level on the RDA or yas just prefer to be on same same level but vape less?

It's very effective delivering nic imo.

I'm at 1.8 ohms on an eGo and using 9mg. I'm vaping less I think but never really measured juice consumption yet.

I think it definitely delivers nic better too. For me, the first couple of toots in the morning are very similar to smoking a fag. I never got that with anything else even on much higher nic.

Suppose I should try knock it down to 4.5 or so just to see how I'd get on really. It would be great to be down at that level.

derra wrote: »
    Will let Alec answer that one :D

HV vaping is best with .12/13 wire as far as i'm aware.
    LR is best with .18/.20
    SR is best with .15/16

And that's all i need to know as i have plenty of regulated eGo batteries to keep me going plus the fact i only use .20 wire to get the vape i want.

Surely yas must be dropping nic level on the RDA or yas just prefer to be on same same level but vape less?

It's very effective delivering nic imo.

well more turns on the coil means more vapour/flavour so I like lr wire at a high amount of turns.

im pondering dropping the nic down now, i was for a while but now that I seem to have higher volt vaping sussed on the RDA I'll do up some 9mg mixes next time I get around to it and see how they do.. I like vaping too much to vape less, so I guess its the only way :)

I'm at 1.8 ohms on an eGo and using 9mg. I'm vaping less I think but never really measured juice consumption yet.

I think it definitely delivers nic better too. For me, the first couple of toots in the morning are very similar to smoking a fag. I never got that with anything else even on much higher nic.

Suppose I should try knock it down to 4.5 or so just to see how I'd get on really. It would be great to be down at that level.

Depends what way you look at it i suppose.

Knock it down to 4.5mg and ya might vape more for a while till you adjust.
    Or do you stay on same level and just vape less and work your way down gradually.

Always good to have different couple different nic level juices, 9 during the day and cut down to 5 at night.

Some prefer to have the atty in their mouth all day or just a few times per day, it's just personal preference that makes ya confused thinking about it, just vape away :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Bubba9

All my juices are either 24 or 18mg and anything over about 4.5 volts would blow my head off. If you're dropping nic strength but upping the voltage aren't you defeating the purpose and getting the same nic intake?

Last coil I made was 8 turns @ .20 and it gave me 2.2 ohms. It's grand but I think I prefer the lower resistance. One thing I do notice is that the coil lasts longer. The .15 coil would only last about three dry burns.

How's the fluval supposed to work. I've tried tiny strips, both soaked and dry. in through the top cap, over the coil, on the base and either get feck all hit or flood the atty.

I might try the mesh coil sometime but I'm happy with it the way it is right now.

honestly I have no idea how the fluval is supposedd to work, always intended to make a thread on ukvapers asking whenever I got some fluval :)

everyone just says behind the posts, as if thats supposed to help any

It just seems to be a very small piece of it sitting on the base, pour liquid in as usual but a bit more.
    The wick will suck the juice from it and feed it to the coil.

The Bulli can/works like that with the carto attached, the wick is touching off the filler and sucks the juice down to the coil.

Will look forward to the mini kayfun in SS unless i go for a Genesis type again to try out in the meantime.

The kayfun looks the business alright. Think I'll wait for a bit until there's a bit of feedback, updates and kinks ironed out.

It just seems to be a very small piece of it sitting on the base, pour liquid in as usual but a bit more.
    The wick will suck the juice from it and feed it to the coil.

The Bulli can/works like that with the carto attached, the wick is touching off the filler and sucks the juice down to the coil.

will have to order some and try it out so.. think there was a link posted a few pages back

Bubba9 wrote: »
    The kayfun looks the business alright. Think I'll wait for a bit until there's a bit of feedback, updates and kinks ironed out.

They are on sale now.
    http://shop.svoemesto.ru/index.php?productID=766

But Alec our resident repairable expert mentioned that they are not food safe materials so will hang on for the SS which is supposed to be happening later in the year.

- The bottom of tank (chrom plated brass)
    - Folding pocket of tank (nickel plated brass)

will have to order some and try it out so.. think there was a link posted a few pages back

For a dripping atty, the RDA takes a lot juice.

Provides a great taste as it is, don't see the need for it tbh, might alter the flavour?

Then again it's dirt cheap to buy so why not try it but i just don't see the need for it.

Yeah, I hated the carto taste so I don't think I'd stick any filler in there. The volume that it holds is huge. Might be a better idea to throw a bit of wick in there.

Before I got it I regarded it as a dripping atty but in reality it's a half way house between a dripper and a tank.

I'd personally just leave it as it is, it was in this thread that it was first mentioned in the last couple of pages i think..
    http://ukvapers.com/topic/9253-clockworks-rta-and-rda-fitting-a-wick/page__st__20

Clockworks thought it was a great idea but he also thought the group buy wick was good too as well as heavens gift wick at one stage for the RDA.

Your lucky Andrei came along with some good wick to use i tell ya :D

They are on sale now.
    http://shop.svoemesto.ru/index.php?productID=766

But Alec our resident repairable expert mentioned that they are not food safe materials so will hang on for the SS which is supposed to be happening later in the year.

- The bottom of tank (chrom plated brass)
    - Folding pocket of tank (nickel plated brass)

in that zenesis video i linked a while back zen said a lot of the cheaper variants of stainless steel have lead in them... worth freaking out about, maybe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

My RTA might arrive today or tomorrow as it was posted from UK on Monday. The chap I bought it off of forgot to include the thumbscrew though and that was only posted yesterday, so I'm hoping I will still be able to use it when it arrives with the thumbscrew off of the mini-sub tank or something!

I decided to do a new wick/coil using Andrei's materials. The wick came in single strands while the wick from Clockworks was pre-wound strands. The wick material seems to be different too.

Anyway, I found it more difficult to get it tight using this wick than the other pre-wound wick. I notice that the needle is not as tight in there when the coil is made as well. First coil @ 6 turns was 2.6 ohms. Tried another at 5 turns and it seems to be 2.1 ohms so it's better.

Hard to get it wound as tightly though because the wick is not pre-wound and I couldn't get it to stay wound tightly when I wind it myself. Happy enough with the 2.1 ohms but I'd like it a little more towards 1.8 ohms on the eGo.

keep at it with andreis wick, much prefer that to the group buy stuff and it wicks really well

It's....harder or something though isn't it? How do you manage to get the 2 strands to knit together before coiling? Mine ended up being kind of 2 strands beside each other ratherthan wound around each other. Maybe it doesn't matter but I'd imagine I could get the coil a bit tighter if it was wound?

i just loop it over, then cut the loop with a scissors so I have two equal length strands on top of each other

just fiddle with them until they're sitting on top of the splint and as close to each other as they can get, then start winding.. I dont wind the wick strands around each other, no need.. so long as the coil is keeping the strands under the wire close together they'll feed juice to and from each other fine

That's pretty much what I did too so I should be okay then. My resistance is 2.1ohms and it's vaping well so that's great.

I forgot to cut the loop but it seems to be working well anyway so I'll leave it. So Andrei's stuff wicks better than the Clockorks stuff? That's good to know.

you dont have to cut the loop, i dont think it makes a difference anyway.. just find it a bit easier to work with whie making the coil if the loop isnt there

its so long since I used clockworks stuff but im pretty sure the wick andrei sells wicks better.. take the top off your RDA and fire it for a bit, then look at the juice flowing up the wick.. it's pretty damn quick
    --edit

most importantly I guess, the group buy stuff isn't available any more :) and andrei is only an email away

I made up another one. Just laid the 2 cut strands on top of each other and used a paper clip to get a good hold on the wick and the wire. Much tighter and I knew by looking at it that it was pretty good.

5 turns and 1.8 ohms. Perfect! Really happy with this one as the coil looks nicely and evenly wound as well. The last one was a bit loose and not really evenly wound.

So 5 turns with the Kanthal 0.15 and Andrei's wick gave me 1.8 ohms while 5 turns using the 0.13 Nichrome and Clockworks wick also gave me 1.8 ohms.

Edit: Should have started an RDA thread when I got my RDA cos I'm after clogging up the Bulli thread :o

Derra, you were right about those drip tip adapters. They arrived today and now the A2 beats the RDA for just about everything apart from the amount of drops it will hold.
    Edit: Should have started an RDA thread when I got my RDA cos I'm after clogging up the Bulli thread :o

Good idea. This thread seems to have morphed into one for every type of repairable atomiser. I'll start one off and we'll see how it goes.

• Advertisement

meh, best to keep it all in the one thread id say
    a lot of the principles are the same,and its not like there's 50 of us with repairables

Advertisement