Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ze Bulli

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭alec76

коннектор вообще не причем
    расположение воздуховода(если tx растет то значит воздуховод ниже)
    возможно изменилась толщина стенок
    пар может отличаться, разная температура/затяжка(сила), итог разные размеры капель во взвеси(а итог этого разная конденсация, а от этого и более сильный TX)
    *it is nothing to do with atty connector
    - location of the airhole could be the issue ( airhole at lower position- better Throat Hit )
    - or thickness of the tube itself
    As a result - different kind of vapor , different temperature\draw ,better Troat Hit*

ps . I won't be surprised if Cetin getting different grade of Stainless Steal for the new Atties - that would make the difference as well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

alec76 wrote: »
    *it is nothing to do with atty connector
    - location of the airhole could be the issue ( airhole at lower position- better Throat Hit )
    - or thickness of the tube itself
    As a result - different kind of vapor , different temperature\draw ,better Troat Hit*

ps . I won't be surprised if Cetin getting different grade of Stainless Steal for the new Atties - that would make the difference as well

In that case it might be best he to revert to original specifications.

Have my other a2 out on loan but am sure i have it drilled in same location as the other one after comparing.

The tube because i bought it separate was highly polished steel, must be a difference as you mention in the thickness.

The highly polished tube has not been available for a while in the downgrade option...
    http://bulli-smoker.de/index.php?a=65

A lot of people bought the a2 this way for a while.

Be interesting to see how this develops.

Doubt about the quality of the a2 will spread around forums quick enough.

It may be solved already but anyone who knows about this recent change in performance will be reluctant to chance buying another one.

Be getting some wick soon for meself and a friend, probably get another tube and see.

Forgot to update about this atty, it's available in stainless steel now and available from the link below and other places as well.
    http://shop.svoemesto.ru/index.php?categoryID=570

Turn on the Captions on the YouTube player.

Looks a nice bit of kit, look up on reviews about it first though.
    Not sure how it's gone down as i haven't looked up about it in a while.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

been having unbelievable trouble with the bulli all day long

no matter what I tried, 32 awg kanthal, .15 nichrome, 4, winds, 6 winds, 3 winds.. it was all coming out ****

had a read through this thread and I think it was gryzor who mentioned they were having similar problems.. so they pulled the posts on their ego battery.. and the vape improved drastically

its still not 100%, but once I get some .20 nichrome I'll be back in my comfort zone and can get to learning

thank christ I know now to always check the posts of my egos after taking them off the charger. explains so damn much about the last 20-30 (yes, not joking.. that many.. i'm almost out of wick now) coils I made and why none of them was working.

in general im having a little bit of trouble getting my coils wrapped around the posts. whatever I try when i'm tightening the screws the coil always jumps off center and I try to pull it back to center as much as I can but that screws with the winds of the coil on either side.. putting them too close or too far away from the others.

i've tried winding them both from the inside of the screws, one inside, one outside, both outside.. so i'm thinking it's some just technique I have to pick up on to get it done properly.. but even with the coils slightly ****ed up like that the vape is still pretty great so i'm not panicking over it

No need to go crazy tightening the screws, easy does it.
    Give yourself plenty of wire to work with, it's not necessary to wrap it around the post and tighten, you can just place the wire underneath each post and tighten the screw.
    Make sure ya cut off the excess at the back as close as possible to the terminals with a nail clippers or something.
    Once it's in place you can fiddle around with the coil etc, whether your moving it up or down or spacing the turns.
    Like the RDA have a small gap between the coil and the posts.
    Make sure the coil is on opposite side to the airhole which should be dead centre between the posts for best performance. If it's aluminiuim then you will have major problems with the air hole , SS version is best to avoid that problem.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Rather than clogging up the RDA thread, I thought I'd resurrect this baby.

Got a Bulli A2 T yesterday. Nearly choked myself between burnt taste and nic over the course of the day but I think I've actually got it going pretty well now.

2 x strands of 1mm wick rolled in mesh as the spike wick - about 2-3mm of free wick touching the coils.

I'm using Andrei's wick now and I'm not sure if thats the difference or what but I could not get the blasted thing to wick properly yesterday. The legs of the coil are a bit of a pain too. I dont think I've got the hang of that really yet. When I try to put the legs on the outside, one of them always turns agaist the screw so I've got one on the inside and one on the outside - probably not great for centreing.

took me a while to get the hang of getting both legs of the coil screwed on the inside of the posts too

put the coil on the base of the rda and hold it with your thumb while you tighten the legs around the posts, keeps it from jumping all over the place as you tighten the screws and keeps it relatively centred

Seem to have this baby working well enough now. I've managed to get both legs on the inside. I'd still like to get the legs smaller but with the tank they need to be kind of long to allow the coil to sit above the posts.

There's so little room I cut the wick either side of the coil and it gets kind of hairy looking then. Probably couldn't fit the uncut wick into the chamber I'd say?

Wicking well even with IV Cliodna which is pretty thick. Drinks juice!

yeah the a2 drinks juice too but it gives such an amazxing vape it's worth it :)

I think it's just meant to get hairy lookin down there.. probably doesn't happen as much with the bulli wick.. it looks less.. "fluffy" than xandreys stuff

and with the a2 classic anyway the legs have to be long enough too, the coil needs a bit of space between it and the posts for optimal performance.. I was fiddling about with one of mine earlier and even the smallest little moves up/down or towards/away from the posts made a noticeable difference in the vape

The vapour is good but not outstanding on mine. Not sure why but I expected more vapour. Not much I can do about it either. The coil is centred above the posts and in line with the air hole.

Glad I stuck with it now. Felt like throwing it in the bin last night. I really did. 2 strands of wick rolled in some mesh seems to be wicking well in the spike now though. That mesh stuff is some stuff to wick. Drops scuttle down into it like a flash.

• Advertisement

aye, when I had mesh in the rda it was ridiculous how fast it wicked the juice up to the coil

when I had the wick out to make a new coil, i'd give it a burn to dry it out and then drip some juice on the bottom and it just sped along the mesh

yeah there might not be much you can do with the a2-t vapour wise.. I guess you're kinda limited by how much hoopla the juice has to do just to get to the coil

I guess more turns on the coil or something, but it's a tight enough space on the bulli.

Really happy with this now. I've chain vaped it for a bit and it's wicking beautifully. So easy to just open up the base as well.

Great vapour with another battery now. Must pull up the post in the other one.

Finally got a chance to have a go at the A2 tank using mesh. Rolled some oxidised mesh and put 4 winds of coil around it - not sure what resistance cos multimeter in work. Made it narrow enough so the sides wouldn't mess it up when screwing on the mid section. Put some juice on and nowhere glowing even when it dries out a bit. Made a hybrid feeder wick and snipped off at the top of the spike.

Man, what a nice perfect draw and lovely 'soft' vapour. Heaps of vapour.

Flavour is nice but not that strong - no hint of burnt taste though either so I can live with that.

Right. That's it. I've got some lovely vapes from the tank but not up to the flavour of the RDA. Because of that I keep ripping it apart to try improve it but I've had enough of the fiddling with it. In particular the carry on trying to get the coil above the posts while both legs are screwed onto the one side of the posts. Just had enough but I love the draw and vapour so..........thinking of getting the downgrade to the classic.

Do I have to bore a hole in the body to create the airhole or does it come with the airhole?

Even if I do I'm going to buy it.

you'll love the classic, be warned you'll have to order a drip tip adapter http://www.vapor-age.com/701-mouth-piece-to-510901-drip-tip-adapter-_p_51.html to use it as a dripper

and yeah I think you have to drill the hole yourself, derra will probably know about where..how...to do it

or someone on ukvapers

Just checked and I do have to drill the hole alright......

Edit: info I was looking for available on Bulli site.

the drip tip adapter is just for dripping, the carts come with their own mouthpieces attached

i would havce thought it came with filler material...but the page does say empty cartridges.... guess not

thats kinda sucky

--edit

if you're going to get the drip tip adapter from that site giz a pm, we can share the postage

So I presume I just roll up some cotton and put it into the cartridge then?

I'll probably hold on until I get the damn thing before I order the drip tip but I'll probably buy it then alright if you want to hold on for a week?

Just bought it and two cartridges. 20 euro well spent!

yeah I just need it so I can drip on both bullis at the same time :) no rush at all

when I get back to my apartment (thursday/friday week) I'll send you some of the filler material i got with my bullis.. im never going to use it.

derra migiht pop in and tell you what material to get.. cotton might work I guess.. dunno

--edit

I think its like.. aquarim filter stuff you use for the filler. had a google and some guy on ECF said cotton didnt work too well in it, to use polyfil stuff instead

just checked the a2 classic page.. it says empty cartridges too but I definitely got filler with mine, so maybe you will get some with the update kit

• Advertisement

Hopefully so.

The cartrides used in the a2 are the same as the ones from the dse 701 cigar...
    You can get them here, but there be cheaper places if ya searched about for them.
    http://www.ok-smokey.com/dse701-cigar-cartridges-5-pack-dry.html

I assume the Bulli tank version you have is the a2-T and not the a2-TM otherwise the downgrade won't work. (don't think so anyway)

Also, what you have and what you are getting works best with the SS versions otherwise you will have problems with the airhole moving out of position.

Just put the tube onto the base, mark a line on the base and tube on the opposite side of the terminals and drill your hole so that it is centred and probably about 3 rings up on the tube. It's very important though that you mark it correctly on the opposite side of the terminals, it's a 1mm drill bit, try .9mm first maybe and see what the draw is like.

You can get the filler from pet shops, should be links in the thread.

Unfortunately mine is Al but not much I can do about that. I'd already bought it before I knew that I should get the SS.

Mine is the A2T. Promises much but ultimately flatters to deceive, for me anyway. Just never got the same flavour as the Clockworks RDA but that's the same with all of the tanks I think anyway. Loved the draw and vapour though.

I ordered 2 cartridges with it from the site. How much do they hold anyway?

I'll have to be careful marking to hole though.

Unfortunately mine is Al but not much I can do about that. I'd already bought it before I knew that I should get the SS.

Mine is the A2T. Promises much but ultimately flatters to deceive, for me anyway. Just never got the same flavour as the Clockworks RDA but that's the same with all of the tanks I think anyway. Loved the draw and vapour though.

I ordered 2 cartridges with it from the site. How much do they hold anyway?

I'll have to be careful marking to hole though.

The air hole will work fine for a while, then the threads wear down and it will rotate around and lose it's position which as above should always be opposite side of the terminals centred. Harsh vape otherwise.
    You can use a O-Ring to help it temporarily.

Can't see the downgrade classic fitting the a2-tm.

Cartridges hold 1ml of juice.

Hole is simple to mark and easy to drill if aluminum, but tough if SS.

Yeah, apparently the downgrade only suits the T not the TM so I'm fine.

Using an o-ring is not the end of the world anyway. I can always just buy a SS classic if this works out anyway.

Yeah, apparently the downgrade only suits the T not the TM so I'm fine.

Using an o-ring is not the end of the world anyway. I can always just buy a SS classic if this works out anyway.

My bad, mis-read you had the a2-t.

Yeah, far superior with the SS version.

Don't judge the atty with the air hole out of position anyway as it won't happen with SS.

Shipped today. Funny thing though - I cobbled together a standard wick/coil and threw in some hybrid mesh as feeder wick and its vaping like a champ. Threw it together in about 3 mins.

How the hell is that!! I've spent ages putting it together before and usually it was crap! The mind boggles.

Hopefully have delivery of the downgrade by mid next week anyway.

Rather than just give up on the tank version while waiting for the downgrade, I spent a bit of time on it yesterday. I used 3 x strands of Bulli wick wrapped in mesh for the coil. Kept the legs short so it's sitting barely above the screws but it is clear of them. The 5 x winds of 0.15 kanthal are as close as I could get them without touching. All glowing red evenly when I checked.

I used a mesh feeder wick which was loosely wrapped with a hole down the centre - no silica at all.

I have to say that it's vaping beautifully. I think some of my issues were due to bad wicking through the spike. The mesh with the centre hole is probably feeding by gravity as much as anything else.

Got the classic today. Set the coil up at the side beside the air hole. I tied up the loops of the wick but I think they're too long.

Lovely flavour and vapour - after a few attempts.

It's not set up dead right yet and I'd say its tricky to set it up right too. Is it a case of having wick above the coil coming into contact with the sponge?

• Advertisement

Actually, I was setting up the hole opposite the coil but on the same side as the coil..........seems a bit better if I move the coil to the opposite side of the posts as the hole?

Advertisement