Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ze Bulli

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

aerosol wrote: »
    After just buying one of Gryzors bullis I'm glad I've been reading this thread the last few months :-) looking forward to playing

Is it the tank or classic?

Bubba9 wrote: »

Block the filling hole with a tissue and fill slowly thru the coil

I'm petrified to go near the coil in case I feck it up to hot spot central though. Or does it 'hold' when it's been used for a while?

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Bubba9

I'm petrified to go near the coil in case I feck it up to hot spot central though. Or does it 'hold' when it's been used for a while?

The coil is, or should be, hollow and is secured to the post so you just need a needle cap bottle (you don't like syringes) and fill from the top. If you've a steady hand the you can avoid the needle touching the coil.

Bubba9 wrote: »
    The coil is, or should be, hollow and is secured to the post so you just need a needle cap bottle (you don't like syringes) and fill from the top. If you've a steady hand the you can avoid the needle touching the coil.

Yeah, it's hollow but I think the very tip in the tank may be rolled a bit tighter. I must try to open that up a little bit by putting a paper clip down to the bottom. I must try filling through the coil.

I must say though, I filled mine 2/3 full this morning and it still has a lot of juice left. I wouldn't use much more than half a tank in a day so filling once a day is pretty low maintenance anyway.

Anybody trying to go straight from a consumable clearo or atty to the genesis is in for a rude awakening. I've had an RDA and Bulli's for a few months so I've built tons of wicks and coils (both Si and mesh) but these are difficult to get right.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭aerosol

Is it the tank or classic?
    Classic I believe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Bubba9

Yeah, it's hollow but I think the very tip in the tank may be rolled a bit tighter. I must try to open that up a little bit by putting a paper clip down to the bottom. I must try filling through the coil.

I must say though, I filled mine 2/3 full this morning and it still has a lot of juice left. I wouldn't use much more than half a tank in a day so filling once a day is pretty low maintenance anyway.

Anybody trying to go straight from a consumable clearo or atty to the genesis is in for a rude awakening. I've had an RDA and Bulli's for a few months so I've built tons of wicks and coils (both Si and mesh) but these are difficult to get right.

I read somewhere that it's a good idea to keep the bottom of the wick a tiny bit above the bottom of the tank and you should trim the bottom part of the wick at a 45 degree angle to aid wicking. This is what I do and it seems to work fine.

Remember that you're learning on what is probably one of the hardest genesis atomisers out there. Small nuts and screws mass produced and not very good quality. If you got a normal DiD it probably would be a piece of cake. I picked up one of those magnifying glass things with a light that stand on their own in Lidl a few weeks ago and it's great for wrapping coils in confined spaces like on this thing.

I've pretty much got the hang of the coils on the VH Genesis now but the filling is still a pain and I don't like having to carry around the blunt needle/bottle either.

Was filling it earlier and the bottle and needle separated gushing juice everywhere including my eyes. Even with the blunt needle it's slow and messy anyway. That said, its a lovely vape now that I've got it going right. The big volume is fantastic as I just fill it and I think a full will do me for a couple of days.

I used some of the 0.2 kanthal to make a mesh coil for the Bulli tank and I have to say its in a different league than 0.16. It's so, so much easier to make a nice coil cos the wire is thicker. I'll have to get some more cos I can't see myself using 0.16 any time soon.

Thinking of getting the SS A2-tm. I adore my A2-t and I'm settled with it using mesh all round but the 1ml tank is a bit of a nuisance and the air hole on the Al has moved - doesn't seem to make much difference in fairness though. I suppose the air is still passing over the coil because its atop the screws.

Anybody got the SS tm? Just want to be sure that they work at least equivalent to the Al before I buy it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

afaik they M is only for the mega-cart, like the ego type A or B carts

wouldn't be 100% on that but im pretty sure that's the only difference

yeah think the only different is the cart it takes

Think I'll invest then cos I'll have twice as big a tank and the air hole will stay lined up. Solve both problems at once and be done.

I prefer the Bulli to the genesis actually. If you want I can send you the VH genesis to try it out? I remember reading somewhere that you wanted to try one out.

• Advertisement

thanks for the offer but yer grand

i actually still have eeloes cyclon, have to send it back to him next week... was actually meant to ages ago but kept forgetting to ask for his address :eek:

i've had a line v2 before and used mesh in the rda so i've a fair idea what to expect from genesis atties, i mainly just want one of my own to tinker with :) being on the dole doesn't allow for much in the way of expensive atomisers though

No problem but if you do want to try it out for a while just let me know.

You're right though. I find that mesh is mesh no matter what it's used in. It performs great. If anything, it's harder to get it right in the genesis for not much extra benefit. The one advantage of the genesis though is that it hones the mesh wick making skills cos it won't work if not done right.

That said, some people love them.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

thanks for the offer but yer grand

i actually still have eeloes cyclon, have to send it back to him next week... was actually meant to ages ago but kept forgetting to ask for his address :eek:

i've had a line v2 before and used mesh in the rda so i've a fair idea what to expect from genesis atties, i mainly just want one of my own to tinker with :) being on the dole doesn't allow for much in the way of expensive atomisers though

Eeloe's House
    Waterford

They'll know where to drop it off! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭republic of goon

Just got myself a bulli from Gryzor,

its an a2-t and i got the top for the classic as well (with cartridges) seeing as this thread is really long and i'm getting confused reading back can any one give me a list of a few tips for setting up the bulli in tank mode and classic mode? i take it i cant use the same coli set up for both (as i'm guseeing the ends of the classic modde set up need to be long)? Are poeple just using mesh by itself now instead of mesh and two strands and if so is there a need to oxidize the mesh? How many strands ? how many loops works the best? air hole etc?

Okay. I'll pass on what I've found best.

I use tank mode and it works very well for me. I use mesh only in the spike and coil as well.

If you want to use fg I've used 4 strands wrapped in 5 turns of 0.2 kanthal. Wind the coil and attach to the inside of both screws i.e the centre of the base. Lift the coil above the screws but make sure the legs are not too long and that it sits just above the screws. Cut the wick level with the outside of the screws so that you can screw the spike plate on without disturbing it too much.

For the spike, roll some oxidised mesh around a paper clip and make sure it fits snugly but not too tight inside the spike. Gently push it down until it contacts the coil. Cut level with top of spike and open up the centre hole again.

Good to go!

It's really important to have the hole down the centre of the spike wick I've found. Some people wrap 2 strands of fg in the mesh but I found it doesn't wick as well that way.

For mesh wick in the coil I use 5 turns of kanthal too.

I've actually just bought the tm version in SS. I love the Bulli.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭republic of goon

thank you that's really helpful. I'll give its another go tonight. used so much wick and wire up but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it. Cheers again

You'll get it. I was almost throwing mine in the bin when I got it first.

Make the wick and coil with longish legs first. Hold the coil with your thumb close to the screws but not too close. Use the long legs to wrap around the screws first and its pretty solid adter that. If not the coil will move when tightening the screws. If you have the coil too close to the screws it won't lift above the screws. You want it barely above the screws. I position both legs inside the screws if you know what I mean.

The spike wick is key. Roll mesh without FG and make sure you have the paper clip sized hole down the centre. That way gravity alone will wick it if the mesh isn't right.

Holy cow....just got my A2-tm and it's one big mamma! It's huge.

Apart from that, I just made up a quick wick and coil and the difference in flavour over the A2-t is absolutely incredible!

Edit: Can't figure out why the bigger tank performs so much better than the standard tank. The innards are exactly the same. Must be something to do with larger air passages in the tank itself I suppose. Far, far superior in terms of flavour anyway.

What's the difference in the Bulli wick and Andrei's wick? They both work great anyway but kind of feel different to work with. The Bulli wick seems 'soft' or something while Andrei's seems 'harder'.

Can't tell any difference in flavour so they are both high quality but just wondering....

That group buy stuff they send with the RDA should be banned in comparison. Shards hanging off it everywhere!

just made by different people I guess. I think bulli is slightly better quality although people on UKV were saying it doesnt work as well with thinner wire as the wire tends to slice it when you roll it tight-ish
    cant say i've noticed that but the thinnest i've used is .15

• Advertisement

I think I noticed that alright, even with 0.15 I cut some. It's definitiely "softer" than Andrei's.

I struggled to get a good wick with it as I was trying to avoid winding too tight to avoid cutting the strands and then ended up with the wire not touching the wick when I removed the needle.

Instead of the needle I doubled back some 0.15 Kanthal and used that as a splint and wound pretty tight. Made a huge difference, the wire is more embedded into the wick and the flavour is much better. I think a needle or a standard paperclip are too wide.

http://bulli-smoker.de/index.php?a=170&lang=eng

bulli smoker now selling drip tip adapters for the a2 classic

I spent a bit of time putting together a wick/coil using FG for the TM. Used 7 turns of 0.2 kanthal close together. Some flavour off of it!

I assume that 7 turns is giving higher surface area and therefore an increase in flavour. Pushed the coil slightly off centre away from the airhole and its eased the flavour off a bit.

Great performance altogether from it and delighted with the 2ml tank.

I'm moving away from mesh because the amount of preparation and fine tuning the coil afterwards is just not worth it for me. If I knew that I could leave it alone for weeks or something I'd keep the mesh but I just can't stop myself fiddling at it, even with a good set up.

Anyone refilled their carts with new filler? Remember reading about aqurium stuff a while back but cant find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

I use this stuff, got it from that pet shop up in Carrickmines.

Juwel Aquarium Filter
    • 5 x Polypad
    • Standard
    • BioFlow 6.0

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

derra wrote: »
    Brilliant ta, just picked the very same up at my local pet store. There's certainly a good few refills worth!

decided to finally try the carts in my a2 classic... not too bad

****ing hate the mouthpiece but the vape itself is fine, no dry hits and the flavour is ok. tried it with a dekang juice so quite thin but it seemed to hold loads

nice to know it all works anyway in case I ever need the option, if I hadn't tried it I never would have considered it should the need actually arise as I'd have just thought it was too much faff for no certainty of being any good

Yeah, it works pretty well alright. Holds a lot of juice and vapes well but I absolutely hate that mouthpiece too. There's a guy over on UKV who supplies drip tips that act as a drip tip and can hold the cart as well if you want to use the cart.

• Advertisement

might have a look for that alright. I do need some sort of non-dripping vaping option which is why I tried these out but so far nothing i've tried has worked apart from carto tanks and I'm never going back to carto tanks.

Advertisement