Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ze Bulli

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Bubba9

Yeah, but if someone buys say a RDA he has to root through the whole thread for info and help, likewise with a Bulli. For me at least the search facility isn't great. Just my opinion.

not like there's 50 of us with repairables

not yet but we're growing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

Bubba9 wrote: »
    Derra, you were right about those drip tip adapters. They arrived today and now the A2 beats the RDA for just about everything apart from the amount of drops it will hold.

Yep, the Bulli rocks with the adapter.
    Few more drops be ideal but a 9/10 will do me.
    not yet but we're growing

That was the plan from the first post of this thread :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Sir DCC was right about Andrei's wick. It wicks very well alright. It's a much different texture to the group buy stuff but works great.

derra wrote: »
    Yep, the Bulli rocks with the adapter.

It does indeed. The one thing I've found is that every drip tip I have is loose on it, not that it makes any difference. Odd that no European seller has it.

• Advertisement

It does indeed. The one thing I've found is that every drip tip I have is loose on it, not that it makes any difference. Odd that no European seller has it.

Yeah i have tried a few and none is tight except the silica gel which i did'nt like.

Think i read before that these fit it..
    http://mawndriptips.com/Products.html

Someone that posts a lot on repairables in forums is something to do with it or is a friend of someone.

Don't like SS drip tips either so will stick with the transparent ones till i read about something else that does. It's not a big deal as you say.

Do us a favour Gryzor and have a look at the 510 connection on the old and new one.

Is there two holes above the thread on either side on the old one and none on the new one?
    Gryzor wrote: »

Correct, why'd you ask??
    Center post is solid aswell, no hole in the center...
    The older one i have seems to be a bit more airy and wondering if this is the difference.

Both work brilliantly, can just notice a slight difference between the two of them.
    That was a couple of months back and i just read a post on the Russian forum about the a2.

A lot of members from Croatian forum got A2 from Bulli in last few weeks. This are not beginners with A2 , but people that are
    using A2 and A2 clones for a long time. Not one of them can make a decent setup. I ordered one last week ,
    got it yesterday and after 20 setups i have no idea what is going on. I had A2 for a long time and i can not get anywhere near
    that vapor production that i was getting from it before. It is not just me , but 10 other members and some of them have "old"
    A2 that is working great. We tried everything , 0.12 , 0.15 , 0.18 and 0.20. Nothing , very low vapor production.
    If anyone have any idea what is going on , please help.

I can get a very decent setup but there is a noticeable difference between my old and new one.
    Something different is causing the setup, still convinced it's the atty connector.
    Glad i read that post, thought i was the only one noticing this difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

I need to order wick somewhere tomorrow for the RTA. Is Andrei's wick any good or am I better off to order wick from somewhere else and wait for it?

I tried doing a UMesh wick as well and found it extremely difficult to do. It was fine until I started rolling and bending it and then it just started to go wrong and splitting while I was trying to bend and roll it. The holes in the RTA are fairly small to get a mesh wick into as well unless they were made bigger but I wouldn't really like to tinker with it in case I made sh**e of it.

Might have another go later on and do another bit of research on it as I'm mad to get vaping on the RTA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

I'm using Andrei's wick and I'm happy enough with it anyway. It's quite strong and getting a coil around 2 strands of it takes a bit of practice alright. Not as fluffy as the stuff that came with the RDA.

I'm using Andrei's wick and I'm happy enough with it anyway. It's quite strong and getting a coil around 2 strands of it takes a bit of practice alright. Not as fluffy as the stuff that came with the RDA.

Great I'll get a mail off to him and give it a shot anyway. I just wandered what are the opinions on different wicks if you know what I mean because I would like to use the best type possible. From what I've read I think people think the wick that comes with the Bulli is the best one but wouldn't mind a few opinions before I take the plunge and order a large quantity as the shipping cost from Bulli is expensive even for just wick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭alec76

newmark wrote: »
    I need to order wick somewhere tomorrow for the RTA. Is Andrei's wick any good or am I better off to order wick from somewhere else and wait for it?

I tried doing a UMesh wick as well and found it extremely difficult to do. It was fine until I started rolling and bending it and then it just started to go wrong and splitting while I was trying to bend and roll it. The holes in the RTA are fairly small to get a mesh wick into as well unless they were made bigger but I wouldn't really like to tinker with it in case I made sh**e of it.

Might have another go later on and do another bit of research on it as I'm mad to get vaping on the RTA.
    - i had to make these holes slightly bigger, alright:)
    - u have to cut mesh across the cells ( easy to bend this way )
    - Are u using paper clip for bending?
    ps. made three U mesh wicks so far -- all of them were successful :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

according to derra the wick andrei has is similar to bulli wick, I think he prefers bulli wick overall but it might just be a personal preference.. I dont know if one is many times better than the other

alec76 wrote: »
    - i had to make these holes slightly bigger, alright:)
    - u have to cut mesh across the cells ( easy to bend this way )
    - Are u using paper clip for bending?
    ps. made three U mesh wicks so far -- all of them were successful :)

What kind/size bit did you use to make the holes bigger?

By cutting mesh across the cells do you mean cutting it diagonally? What length and width of mesh did you use Alec? I tried it with 65mm by 16mm.

I was just trying to bend it by rolling it and bending it and made a balls of it. I will try it with the paperclip later, sounds like a plan.

What kind/size bit did you use to make the holes bigger?
    about 2mm ( hold the bit with your fingers/ pliers -- do not use electric drill ( i didn't ) :)
    By cutting mesh across the cells do you mean cutting it diagonally? What length and width of mesh did you use Alec? I tried it with 65mm by 16mm.
    yep ,cut it diagonally
    65(or 60 , don't remember )x25
    I was just trying to bend it by rolling it and bending it and made a balls of it. I will try it with the paperclip later, sounds like a plan.
    read this topic
    http://ukvapers.com/topic/11361-ss-mesh-wick-in-rta-rda/

ps. whatever u do , make sure u oxidizing whole wick, not just a top of it

I'll have a good read of that thread, thanks.
    This may be stupid question but is it possible to oxidise the wick with the paperclip still inside it because if it was I could oxidise it with it bent already rather than trying to bend it later?
    about 2mm ( hold the bit with your fingers/ pliers -- do not use electric drill ( i didn't ) :)

yep ,cut it diagonally
    65(or 60 , don't remember )x25

read this topic
    http://ukvapers.com/topic/11361-ss-mesh-wick-in-rta-rda/

ps. whatever u do , make sure u oxidizing whole wick, not just a top of it

you can, just make sure the entire wick is glowing red hot before you quench it

I used a long line of kanthal to hold the mesh in place over the flame

it possible to oxidise the wick with the paperclip still inside it
    yes, that's the way i am doing it ( obviously u have to use steel paperclip , not the one with the plastic shell :) )

yes, that's the way i am doing it ( obviously u have to use steel paperclip , not the one with the plastic shell :) )

Just got a blowtorch today so I'm going to try again in a while as I need an excuse to use my new toy anyways. :)

I think I might have a chance fingers crossed by being able to use the paperclip and having the mesh bent to shape before oxidising it. I will stick to the 16mm as I dont think I'd have any chance of fitting it through the holes in the RTA if I went 25mm unless I made the holes bigger. When I get my new RTA I might then make the holes bigger in this one.

Been at the RTA for the last 2 1/2 hours and finally got a result!

I had to take the whole thing apart again after doing up the first U-mesh and coil as the posts started moving about. They were loose when I got it and I though I had fixed it but I didn't have continuity after I set it up. Its a bit of a pain in the arse trying to take it all apart and must be done fairly slowly or damage could easily occur to the soldered wires inside the tank. I managed to just about get it going, the terminals are still not very tight and if not careful I'd imagine they will loosen again fairly easily as the nuts in the bottom of the tank don't seem to tighten fully. I'm not sure exactly how tight they should be but when I get a look at another one in the flesh to compare them I'll get a better idea.

I then had trouble getting the mesh through the holes and down into the tank even though I had it rolled up as tight as I could do with an air-hole left in it. So I got an insane idea to heat a screwdriver with the blowtorch and make 2 of the holes bigger in order for the mesh to go through a little easier and I'll be damned it worked! I didn't make them too big just slightly bigger than they were and its made it that bit easier to feed the mesh down.

So I did up a coil with .20 Kanthal wire 5 turns and I have ended up with a resistance of 1.7 to 1.8ohms and it is vaping fairly well seems to be getting better the more I vape it. I was getting a rotten taste at first and I kept firing it up with juice over the coil to make sure I didn't snap the coil. I have put the rotten taste down to the Kanthal wire as it receded after a few minutes of firing it up intermittently while keeping the coil wet.

I am really impressed with it now and I can't get over how quite it is compared to the sizzling sound of cartomisers it almost seems silent. The draw on it is also a lot tighter than I'm used to but in a good way. I am very surprised at how hot the top section and even the driptip gets, it gets hotter than any carto or atty I've ever used. I'm hoping this is normal because if it is I'm on a winner and must be doing something right!

• Advertisement

there's another version out too with a black tank case instead of the clear one, I think it's a metal of some sort so no danger of it cracking with some of the trickier juices

there's another version out too with a black tank case instead of the clear one, I think it's a metal of some sort so no danger of it cracking with some of the trickier juices

I'm sorry now i did'nt put one in my last order from HC, been reading about them the last while.
    Cheap to replace the head as well, maybe the TBS or someone else might have them soon.

Nice start to the Euros for you Alec :)

208198.gif

208199.gif

105.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

That was a couple of months back and i just read a post on the Russian forum about the a2.

A lot of members from Croatian forum got A2 from Bulli in last few weeks. This are not beginners with A2 , but people that are
    using A2 and A2 clones for a long time. Not one of them can make a decent setup. I ordered one last week ,
    got it yesterday and after 20 setups i have no idea what is going on. I had A2 for a long time and i can not get anywhere near
    that vapor production that i was getting from it before. It is not just me , but 10 other members and some of them have "old"
    A2 that is working great. We tried everything , 0.12 , 0.15 , 0.18 and 0.20. Nothing , very low vapor production.
    If anyone have any idea what is going on , please help.

I can get a very decent setup but there is a noticeable difference between my old and new one.
    Something different is causing the setup, still convinced it's the atty connector.
    Glad i read that post, thought i was the only one noticing this difference.

You find out anything else on this issue derra, i ended up packing up my a2's about 2 months ago, wasn't happy with the performance. Thought it was me, but maybe not...

You find out anything else on this issue derra, i ended up packing up my a2's about 2 months ago, wasn't happy with the performance. Thought it was me, but maybe not...

Not really, another fella on the Russian forum posted this in response to the atty connector...

(Google translated)
    connector and does not
    the location of the duct (tx if it means increasing the duct below)
    may have changed the wall thickness
    pairs may be different, different temperature / delay (force), the result of different sizes of droplets in suspension (a result of this condensation is different, and from this a stronger and TX)

I'd buy another one off the site but don't wanna risk it in case it's different to my older one again which just works better.
    I'm keeping an eye out in classified sections for an older one.

Make sure ya regularly pry up the battery connector in the eGo batteries as they get sunk in from the charger which can affect it's performance too.

Other than that i don't know Gryzor.

Yeah, I'd seen that post alright. Read on the vaporwall forum, someone emailed cetin aswell. No response yet though, probably won't be either...

Yeah, I'd seen that post alright. Read on the vaporwall forum, someone emailed cetin aswell. No response yet though, probably won't be either...

Did'nt know it was on vaporwall as well, it was same fella anyway that posted on ecigtalk.ru that i replied to, dellboy who was part of the Line atty.

I emailed cetin recently asking would he make me an a2 the same as when i first bought one with engraving and same 510 connection but got no reply.

Mine does'nt seem to be as bad as what they wrote about it but there is a difference.

The original a2 as we know works perfectly, although mine has a slight tilt when on a eGo battery.

The second he drilled hole in the wrong position or he just sent one from a pile he had not caring if the hole was right or not with the base.
    That is not the cause of the harsher vape with less vapour though, whether it's the atty connector or not i don't know but something has changed.

Don't think it be the easiet job without decent tools to get the connection off and replace with an old CE2 connection or something to see if that makes any difference.

I would'nt be in a rush at the moment to buy another one off him until i hear he has sorted these issues out.

• Advertisement

Another thing I noticed about the newer SS one, I have to REALLY tighten the cartridges on the ss tube to make an airtight seal. With my older one, I just screwed it on lightly till I felt it catch, and job done.

Advertisement