Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ze Bulli

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

clockworks said the first repair is free, so that's all good :)

he's also making more RDA's next week and there's spaces open on the list if anyone wants one. im getting a second one in case I end up breaking one again, having to use cartomisers again is breaking my heart.

on a sadder note my RTA wont be ready for another 4 weeks, but at least it will be a nice exams-finished present for myself

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

Good stuff, he seems to look after his customers from what i have read.

Might be trading mine for a Bulli off one of them on UKVapers, waiting to hear back.
    Be easier to send it over to CW and let him forward it onto the UK address when repaired if he goes for the trade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

clockworks said the first repair is free, so that's all good :)

he's also making more RDA's next week and there's spaces open on the list if anyone wants one. im getting a second one in case I end up breaking one again, having to use cartomisers again is breaking my heart.

on a sadder note my RTA wont be ready for another 4 weeks, but at least it will be a nice exams-finished present for myself

What's the cost of the RTA? Does the thing come ready to go or do you have to build it to use it even when new?

RTA:

Natural Aluminium: £50
    Anodised Aluminium: £54

+2.50 shipping to Ireland
    http://clockworks-cornwall.co.uk/ has a few details, only a new site so not a huge amount there

afaik it doesn't come pre-set up, and the waiting list for the RTA is very long.. it'll be 2 months on the list before mine is ready.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Cheers. Think I'll chance getting an RDA. £30 not bad. Probably a better option to start messing with anyway than the tank.

• Advertisement

yeah ive heard people say the RDA is easier to learn on than the RTA, and tbh it holds so much juice that it's almost a little tank in itself, plus you'll have it by the week after next instead of august :)

you can put some fluval in there so it holds about 2ml, and there's another "tankerizer" mod for it so it'll hold a similar amount too but I haven't been bothered trying yet. once I have two of them I'll start experimenting.

Do you know if the modder will continue with this Alec.
    http://www.ecigtalk.ru/forum/f73/t12430.html
    I saw a few bases he got made were a bad standard and it has come to a standstill.
    What's your opinion on it?
    11.JPG
    serie2.jpg

Although i would prefer the prototype 1 which he says is not suitable.
    serie1.jpg

clockworks just said he may have found someone to mass produce the delrin parts for his RDA/RTAs. getting the first batch in a week or two but if they are to spec, he'll be able to fly through the batches in no time in sets of 120.

potential good news for anyone here who wanted an RTA but didnt want to wait 2-3 months for the privelege

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Excellent, I think the next batch of RDAs is due soon anyway, but the RTAs are still way off in the future.

next batch of RDAs is this week, he might even have space on the list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

I'm after getting a Genesis LV as new on UKVapers from a chap in Derry so I should have it Monday as he popped into the Republic to post it through Anpost so I'll get it faster.

This time I'm going to make sure to stick with it until I get it working properly and not make the mistake I made with the Bulli A2. To be honest I was struggling a lot with vaping the last day when I received the Bulli, nothing was working for me even for a couple of days before I got it and unfortunately I just hadn't the patience, it was the only time since I started vaping where I was tempted to go back on evil fags. I'm well back on track now so hopefully some happy vaping days ahead.

I just need to figure out where to order some mesh and wire now as I don't think there's any coming with it as the chap that sold it to me has another genesis and was keeping his bits for that.

I think alec76's mate andrei sells mesh and wire

i think you're better off getting kanthal for coils on mesh

I think alec76's mate andrei sells mesh

Great I must throw him an email. Can you pm me his number if you have it I might get him faster?

only have his email addy, but he's always replied pretty fast whenever I emailed him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭alec76

newmark wrote: »
    I'm after getting a Genesis LV as new on UKVapers from a chap in Derry so I should have it Monday as he popped into the Republic to post it through Anpost so I'll get it faster.

This time I'm going to make sure to stick with it until I get it working properly and not make the mistake I made with the Bulli A2. To be honest I was struggling a lot with vaping the last day when I received the Bulli, nothing was working for me even for a couple of days before I got it and unfortunately I just hadn't the patience, it was the only time since I started vaping where I was tempted to go back on evil fags. I'm well back on track now so hopefully some happy vaping days ahead.

I just need to figure out where to order some mesh and wire now as I don't think there's any coming with it as the chap that sold it to me has another genesis and was keeping his bits for that.

Congratulations , that is the one great atty u've got :)
    The only retail Genesis approved by Raidy (lad who created it ) AFAIK
    Probably not the best choice to start with repairable atty tho:)
    Bulli A2 , RDA -- way more easy to set up ,
    Mesh wick so difficult to get it right , Hopefully u won't loose patience this time :)

ps. U'll better get multimeter if still don't have one ....

Fun times ahead Newmark, best of luck with it.

Will hang on for the SS version of this.
    Press cc on the video for subtitles.

alec76 wrote: »
    Congratulations , that is the one great atty u've got :)
    The only retail Genesis approved by Raidy (lad who created it ) AFAIK
    Probably not the best choice to start with repairable atty tho:)
    Bulli A2 , RDA -- way more easy to set up ,
    Mesh wick so difficult to get it right , Hopefully u won't loose patience this time :)

ps. U'll better get multimeter if still don't have one ....

Your probably right its not the best to start with especially after giving up on the bulli so easy but I've no doubt I'll stick with it this time until I get it right and I'll pester ye all for advice when I get stuck. :)

I managed to organise some Kanthal and mesh from Andrei today and I still have the multimeter so all systems go once it arrives hopefully!

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Bubba9

newmark wrote: »
    Great I must throw him an email. Can you pm me his number if you have it I might get him faster?

He's Xandrey on UK Vapers. I got wick from him and it works very well and way cheaper than from Bulli. He has base and mesh, too. I got wire from wires.co.uk. They also sell sheets of mesh.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Think I might give this whole repairable lark a shot at the end of the summer.

Should i put my name down on the list now for a clockworks RTA?

i did wonder what you were doing trying to get that one on the ukvapers classies :)

if you put your name down now you'll have a few weeks (I ordered end of march, mine is still 3-4 weeks away although i dont think the list grew a huge amount after I ordered) to save for it anyway although if the mass produced delrin parts work out like he's hoping, it might only take one or two for him to work through the backlog

I think the RDA would be easier to learn on but if you dont want a dripping atty, then sure get an RTA

• Advertisement

Bubba9 wrote: »
    He's Xandrey on UK Vapers. I got wick from him and it works very well and way cheaper than from Bulli. He has base and mesh, too. I got wire from wires.co.uk. They also sell sheets of mesh.

Thanks, I got onto him yesterday and ordered some 300 mesh and .20 kanthal wire and its in the post. I've read the 400 mesh is better so I'll see how the 300 stuff works and maybe try organise some 400 mesh from the uk.

ive read the 300 is better for thicker juices
    but ive also read that 300 works fine for 100% pg, so.. le shrug

eeloe wrote: »
    Think I might give this whole repairable lark a shot at the end of the summer.

Should i put my name down on the list now for a clockworks RTA?

I put my name down for an RTA with him yesterday and he told me that currently its about a 12 week wait but he is trying to lessen the wait by getting the basic parts made by CNC so it may be shorter like Digby said if that works out.

12 week wait? jesus

you'd be as well off getting an RDA in the mean time and practicing on that. afaik there's not even a list for that anymore, I got on the last batch the week before it was being made and there were still spaces left on it when I pm'd, 46 euro incl shipping. not a bad price for what is an incredible atty

12 week wait? jesus

you'd be as well off getting an RDA in the mean time and practicing on that. afaik there's not even a list for that anymore, I got on the last batch the week before it was being made and there were still spaces left on it when I pm'd, 46 euro incl shipping. not a bad price for what is an incredible atty

I'm in no panic as I'll have the Genesis LV in the meantime to keep me going, thats just a toy for down the road a bit :)

ive read the 300 is better for thicker juices
    but ive also read that 300 works fine for 100% pg, so.. le shrug

Well might be better for me so as I'm going to start mixing a 75vg/25/pg or maybe 70/30 as my daily vape fairly soon as I think the PG isn't totally agreeing with me.

Genesis LV Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=OPpblJ2n0cA

lol. Sir Digby, I think I need your help again I tried to put up a video by following online instructions but didn't work out.

just put "OPpblJ2n0cA"

in between

just put "OPpblJ2n0cA"

in between

So I copy the full embed code and put between tags like this

• Advertisement

just the bit after the v=

and yeah

Advertisement