Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ze Bulli

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭alec76

Got my RTA up and running with the mesh wick on !!!!!
    i dont know how i did it , but it is just great .
    Took me ages to set it up , way more complicated with the curve wick , nearly lost all my patience, it was so crooked and ugly , thought it will never work well . I was wrong - plenty of flavour and great throat hit from the start .
    Eating up juice twice quicker though :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

im kinda not looking forward to trying that in my RTA :)

my one attempt at trying to use a mesh wick in the RDA was such a disaster.. i just dont know how im going to do it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

alec76 wrote: »
    another thing, if u chain vaping for 4-5 hours , there is a chance u just get used to flavour and your taste sensors can't feel it anymore :) /QUOTE]

Very true that and even more so when doing loads of repairs and lashing the juice in.
    hehe, nah I was having trouble getting any flavour from my diy juices so I'm using all store bought juices for now :)

derra. have a 2.3ohm coil using .15 nichrome, about 5-6 turns. i'm running between 4 and 5v depending on the juice and whether or not im happy with the performance

im mainly experimenting with the turns atm, spacing them out or winding them really close together... I guess i'm doing it so much that I haven't noticed any huge difference in performance :)

Sounds ok anyway, maybe 5v would dry it quickly, maybe not.
    I remember Clockworks said before he used two strands of Bulli wick which is similar to what you have now.
    I tried it, but felt it required too many turns and was very thin to work with.
    But he made it after all so i'd probably listen to him.
    If you feel it is too thin, you could put a couple extra pieces of wick where the coil goes and just have two tails of wick going around the back of the posts.
    Got my RTA up and running with the mesh wick on !!!!!
    i dont know how i did it , but it is just great .
    Took me ages to set it up , way more complicated with the curve wick , nearly lost all my patience, it was so crooked and ugly , thought it will never work well . I was wrong - plenty of flavour and great throat hit from the start .
    Eating up juice twice quicker though :)

Good man Alec,
    Some patience required for that i would imagine, don't think mesh setups are for me at all.
    Did you use a wire to bend the mesh?
    I have read it's excellent this way with mesh, that should last you a while!

im kinda not looking forward to trying that in my RTA :)

my one attempt at trying to use a mesh wick in the RDA was such a disaster.. i just dont know how im going to do it
    I wouldn't try it for RDA -mesh wick eats juice too fast , u need tank atty IMO

derra wrote: »
    Did you use a wire to bend the mesh?
    I have read it's excellent this way with mesh, that should last you a while!
    paper clip , had to cut mesh differently , across the cells , bending better that way, had to redrill base holes aswell , they were 1.8 mm , made them 2 mm
    That is the first mesh wick ever i happy with :)

• Advertisement

well I had a closer look at the coil I had in the RDA, the wire was black as hell and looked like it was covered in gunk and the wick underneath it was black looking too

so I did a dry burn and singed the absolute **** out of the wick, it is completely burnt/black where the coil was. have you tried dry burning this stuff?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Kinda half afraid to take on one of these repairable's from reading through all of the issues you are getting. Looks like it's not easy!

i'm famously useless, don't let me scare you off them

when its working well it's the best vape I've had, easily. I just haven't figured out what I'm doing wrong yet. I think I'm using too low resistance a wire to make too high resistance a coil, but I'm all out of the proper wire

all my complaining aside, I just did up a new coil in under a minute and am now vaping perfectly again. it's figuring out what i'm doing to kill them so quickly that's my problem, the actual useage of them isn't :)

ok, I tried it clockworks way
    2 strands of the bulli thickness wick
    so far it's great

better than any of the other coils i've made with this wick, it's not singing(singeing?... burning) the wick, it's wicking perfectly, flavour is great, vapour is good, throathit too

I guess using too much of the wick, it was soaking up all the juice.. but around the coil it just wasn't feeding it to the coil efficiently enough and i was running into problems

the next time I make a coil I'll try not doing it rawvegs way, I'll put the coil in the middle of the wick and wrap the 2 strands around the posts on either side

so, greenhornet.. dont worry :)

Ha ha. Hope he gets them in soon. Sounds like I'll need to buy a multimeter as well.

On another note, I assume An eGo battery will be fine with it? I can always buy a vv afterwards anyway.

• Advertisement

you're getting the bulli clone yeah?

itll be fine for an ego battery if you make a low enough resistance coil, .20mm or .15 nichrome will be fine

and yeah you'll need a multimeter :) im enjoying playing with mine more than using it for any real purpose
    every now and again I take the top off my RDA and measure the voltage under load, just for the hell of it

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

My Bulli atomizer gear shipped from Germany today :-) How long were ye guys waiting once it was shipped? Now need to get a multimeter, any idea where to get a cheap one online in Ireland?

best bet for a cheap multimeter online is probably amazon or ebay

Worth a try anyway asking him to drill it, he may or may not do it.

I think it's a 1mm hole, some do it at .8/.9 maybe to test the draw on it as the a2 can be airy.

Am sure it's the same for the tank version, don't have that though.

He did the hole for me and mailed me this morning to say so after he gave me shipping details. Not bad service, Im very happy with that...:D

best bet for a cheap multimeter online is probably amazon or ebay

I'll have a browse around, cheers..

newmark wrote: »
    My Bulli atomizer gear shipped from Germany today :-) How long were ye guys waiting once it was shipped? Now need to get a multimeter, any idea where to get a cheap one online in Ireland?

Feck, maybe I should have bought from Bulli as well. I suppose I'll only have to wait a week or so for Andrei though. By the way, I know Sir Digby mentioned that he sells other stuff too. Does he have a website?

dont think so
    andreivanov86@gmail.com is his email, he sells wick/wire/nic base .. mebbe other stuff too but I dunno, could always ask
    if you're curious

U' ll get it
    in couple days
    lmo

well I had a closer look at the coil I had in the RDA, the wire was black as hell and looked like it was covered in gunk and the wick underneath it was black looking too

so I did a dry burn and singed the absolute **** out of the wick, it is completely burnt/black where the coil was. have you tried dry burning this stuff?

Had no bother yet dry burning, have one Bulli with Bulli wick and the other has the andreis wick. As mentioned before, you use a lot of flavouring on yours so a dry burn has to be done more frequently. The wick comes up fine on both.
    Takes a week everytime i buy something he has in stock, just expect it next Monday and if you get it earlier it's a nice surprise for ya.
    Should pick one up there unless ya find cheaper on eBay etc
    http://www.adverts.ie/for-sale/q_multimeter/
    He did the hole for me and mailed me this morning to say so after he gave me shipping details. Not bad service, Im very happy with that...:D

Good stuff, the coil goes on opposite side of the air hole for a2 (very important) On top of screws for tank version.
    Start reading from page 1 :D

paper clip , had to cut mesh differently , across the cells , bending better that way, had to redrill base holes aswell , they were 1.8 mm , made them 2 mm
    That is the first mesh wick ever i happy with :)

Sounds like it was well worth the effort anyway Alec :)
    RTA performing better than the Line still?

• Advertisement

Takes a week everytime i buy something he has in stock, just expect it next Monday and if you get it earlier it's a nice surprise for ya.
    Should pick one up there unless ya find cheaper on eBay etc
    http://www.adverts.ie/for-sale/q_multimeter/

Thanks for the info I forgot all about checking www.adverts.ie I'll probably get one there.

Good stuff, the coil goes on opposite side of the air hole for a2 (very important) On top of screws for tank version.
    Start reading from page 1 :D[/QUOTE]

Yep a lot of reading in the next few days!

Sounds like it was well worth the effort anyway Alec :)
    RTA performing better than the Line still?
    miles ahead of a Line :) ( throat hit and flavour wise )
    I am not blaming the Line , probably i have to prepare/make wick differently , not sure if i can repeat it twice in a row :)

Takes a week everytime i buy something he has in stock, just expect it next Monday and if you get it earlier it's a nice surprise for ya
    i have good feeling , he'll get it Thursday- Friday:pac:

i have good feeling , he'll get it Thursday- Friday:pac:

With the way Cetin writes on his packages he be lucky to get it at all :D

Yep a lot of reading in the next few days!

Pity he had no wick online to buy, probably best to get some off Alecs mate before he runs out. You will need it, a metre that he provides will not be enough, maybe two metres as your buying two items but still need more.

so after making 4-5 coils this morning I decided that I was clearly doing something very wrong and needed to completely reset

using 1 loop of andres bulli size wick and .15 nichrome, I wound 4 coils giving me a 1.5-1.6ohm coil
    way too low for me to be really happy with it but good for a starting point. Getting good vapour and decent flavour (better than I did when I first got the RDA using a similar wire/coil setup so I've clearly learned something :) ) so I dont think it was my winding method that was causing the problem. at the moment im thinking that my issues were with how many turns I was using and how close they were to each other.
    thinking back to my previous coils it was always the ones that were really close together that were causing the wick to burn and while I was getting great flavour initially, it just wouldn't last as I was destroying the wick (and possibly the wire?)
    so obviously tighter packed coils gives better flavour as you're fitting more wire onto the wick, which is vapourising more juice and giving more flavour but was apparently running too hot for the wick?
    so for now I just have to forget all the bad habits I learned over the past week or two and start from the beginning again, slowly experimenting with 1 or 2 more turns on the wick and the spacing between the coils.

on the plus side even with all the troubles I was having vaping with the RDA it's still given me the best vaping experience I've had in a year and a half of vaping so I know once I figure it all out it will be worth every second. And to anybody reading this who might be scared away from rebuildables because of the problems i've been having, you're reading the post of a man who once spent half an hour wondering why his computer wouldn't turn on before realising he hadn't plugged it in, whatever's wrong with me is no small thing :)

Pity he had no wick online to buy, probably best to get some off Alecs mate before he runs out. You will need it, a metre that he provides will not be enough, maybe two metres as your buying two items but still need more.

When you say wick do you mean what bulli call glassfibre or is there another kind of wick that bulli sells?

When you say wick do you mean what bulli call glassfibre or is there another kind of wick that bulli sells?

yeah the glassfibre, it's back on sale now online. It was off the site there for a couple of weeks.

Instead of paying another 6.99 delivery for some, get some off alecs mate, it's very good wick too.

@ sir dcc

Have not forgotten your wick, you will have it Friday at the latest.

yeah the glassfibre, it's back on sale now online. It was off the site there for a couple of weeks.

Instead of paying another 6.99 delivery for some, get some off alecs mate, it's very good wick too.

@ sir dcc

Have not forgotten your wick, you will have it Friday at the latest.

Yep will try get in touch with that chap today about getting some thanks for that. :)

• Advertisement

when dry burning a coil to clean it
    do I just dry burn it a couple of times, or do I take the top off and try to scrape some of the gunk off the coils too?

--edit

again about dry burning.. I just dont get it, I keep burning the wick

I chopped off a bit of wick from the spool and burned it under a lighter, it glows red and when i take the lighter away it's fine except for being a little discoloured black which I can just wipe most of off
    but whenever I try to dry burn with a coil.. I singe the wick, am I coiling it too tight?

Advertisement