Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ze Bulli

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

i did wonder what you were doing trying to get that one on the ukvapers classies :)

if you put your name down now you'll have a few weeks (I ordered end of march, mine is still 3-4 weeks away although i dont think the list grew a huge amount after I ordered) to save for it anyway although if the mass produced delrin parts work out like he's hoping, it might only take one or two for him to work through the backlog

I think the RDA would be easier to learn on but if you dont want a dripping atty, then sure get an RTA

I dunno do i really fancy dripping all that much...i've a couple of 510's here for tasting juices, and they really annoy me...i'm sure the clockworks RDA is a beast, but i don't think dripping is for me really! :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

the RDA takes 15-20 drops, which is around 1ml I guess.. so somewhere in the region of one of the ego-t A type tanks?

i wasnt a fan of dripping either with regular 510's, pain in the sack having to redrip 3-4 drops every few seconds

with the RDA you can vape on for a good while before you have to redrip and with a bit of fluval in there you can (so everyone tells me, havent tried it yet) fit around 2ml of juice in there

plus the performance is out of this world

I'll have a think about it over the next while, I may just put my name in the hat for the RTA anyway, just to be in there.

To be fair to the RDA, it's not a bad price at all...even if I got it and didn't like it!

still no pm about my rda :(

looking like it might be the week after next at this rate before I get it

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

First impressions of the Genesis LV. Its big, its shiny, exceptionally well made and it fits nicely on top of the throathit twin variable, though I think it may look even better on a provari or some other SS mod.

I love the way its set-up in that you just have to twist out the glass bottle and put in another bottle when you want to change flavours, because I usually change flavours quite a bit throughout the day, so it will be very convenient for that.

Got to work on the mesh and coil and it hasn't worked out too bad at all so far, though I am going to do another mesh as not totally happy with it and besides I need the practice.

I did a dry burn on the coils and they are all lighting up together nicely so I don't think I have any shorts in it. The first blast I took at only 3.6V made me cough, nice flavour and good vapour production so happy enough there.

I slowly vaped my way up to about 4volts but there's no way it needs that. I suspect its set up at about 1.3ohms so I'm vaping away nicely now at 3.6volts to give it a chance to bed in properly. I did try it at 4.2 volts but it was burning the e-liquid.

I need to check what ohms setting it is set up at, does anyone know how I do that with the multimeter, I would appreciate a bit of instruction there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭alec76

simple guide ... One thing -- some of the multimeters are not very accurate , so if u wanna check persistence of atty -- follow the guide above -- let say multimeter show up 1.7 ohms ,
    after that join red and black probes together and check for internal resistance of thats probes -- 0.2 ohms for instance ,
    next thing ,substract internal resistance of the probes from 1.7 ohms
    1.7-0.2 = 1.5 ohms -- that's ur atty resistance

2.3 - .9 is giving me 1.4ohm, I think that sounds about right.

OMG , 0.9 ohms !!!! not great multimeter i would say :)

alec76 wrote: »
    OMG , 0.9 ohms !!!! not great multimeter i would say :)

No its a ****e cheap one I have to get something decent:D

well so long as you're able to subtract .9 from everything surely itll be ok :)

• Advertisement

No its a ****e cheap one
    rusty probes could be the cause of it as well

my RDA will be shipped on thursday hopefully

so another week to go.. I can do this
    I...can...do this

surely cartos not so bad , are they :p ?

i dont know :)

im not really enjoying them at all, just a month ago I would have killed a man if boge asked me to but ever since I got that RDA.. they'ren just not the same

No its a ****e cheap one
    rusty probes could be the cause of it as well

Nah its new its just a cheap one but it does the trick for now. I checked it again there and the lv is running at 1.3 ohms and i checked a boge 2ohm carto and that came in at 2ohms on meter so I think its working ok.

The LV at 1.3 is prob a bit harsh for me as Im couging even at lower voltages theres some whack off it. I think it would be better at closer to 2ohms for me. Would I be right in thinking if i put in 4 wraps instead of 3 that Ill increase the resistance? What resistance do you set up the LV at?

What resistance do you set up the LV at?
    i got 2 "genesis" atties , don't have a LV tho :)
    ~1.8-2.2 ohms seems to be right ( 5 wraps of kanthal .20 )

Alec, your mate got any of them bulli clones in stock?

i got 2 "genesis" atties , don't have a LV tho :)
    ~1.8-2.2 ohms seems to be right ( 5 wraps of kanthal .20 )

I'll have to get practising my coil making so because its tricky enough getting in more than 3 in the LV due to the height difference in the posts they have to be fairly close together I'd imagine. I wander do Fas do any courses in rebuildable atties lol :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

eeloe wrote: »
    Alec, your mate got any of them bulli clones in stock?

He told me he'd let me know when he had them in but that's nearly a month ago now. He said he'd have them in 2 weeks at that time. Interested to know as well.

just bought a genesis line v2 from gryzor

all excited now.

• Advertisement

all excited now.

Good stuff, nice bit of kit for the collection ;)

yeah :) looks the business. i can imagine it looking real nice on one of those ego twists as well as my throathit or LT

yeah :) looks the business. i can imagine it looking real nice on one of those ego twists as well as my throathit or LT

I'm thinking of selling my throathit and getting a chrome or silver LT or provari, because it would be handy to check the ohms rating on the rebuildable when I need to. Not sure yet if I will, just thinking about it.

the only time youll ever need to check a coils ohms is when you're just after making the coil and a bog standard multimeter will do that job. unless you're going to be reviewing **** on youtube the provaris ohm checking feature isn't much more than a flashy gimmick.

you dont even really need to know the ohms of the coil with the throathit and its 5amp limit, if you make a 1.6ohm coil you can vape at 3v if you want or go all the way to 5.8v.. just keep dialing that dial until you find the vape you're happy with

if you do sell the TH you're going to be back to recharging batteries every 5 hours and keeping an extra backpack full of chargers and spare batts whenever you go somewhere for the weekend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

all excited now.

You'll enjoy it sdcc, I just don't have the time for tinkering these days, so back to cartos for me for a while...

I did my second wick and coil today on the Genisis LV and it has turned out perfect, I am beaming with it at the moment.

I did 4 wraps of the coil and it worked out with an ohms rating of 1.8 The stainless steel mesh turned out very well for me as well and has a perfect centrehole in it much better than the first one I did.

The performance is phenomenal, I never imagined vaping could be this good and I'm not exaggerating a bit. I can taste all the flavours coming through in a home made RY4 I made last night, it just tastes 100 times better than anything I've ever vaped before. The vapour production is also excellent with a lovely strong but smooth throathit.

I did a 70VG 30PG mix on the RY4 I made. I cant see myself having to vape at more than 3.7 to 3.9 volts at this set-up so hopefully I get consistency with it now, but I feel that I will.

the only thing im concerned about with the line and evenn the RTA is getting the thickness/rolling of the mesh right.. but im sure it'll only take a few goes

the only time youll ever need to check a coils ohms is when you're just after making the coil and a bog standard multimeter will do that job. unless you're going to be reviewing **** on youtube the provaris ohm checking feature isn't much more than a flashy gimmick.

you dont even really need to know the ohms of the coil with the throathit and its 5amp limit, if you make a 1.6ohm coil you can vape at 3v if you want or go all the way to 5.8v.. just keep dialing that dial until you find the vape you're happy with

if you do sell the TH you're going to be back to recharging batteries every 5 hours and keeping an extra backpack full of chargers and spare batts whenever you go somewhere for the weekend :)

I know, I think its a case also that I may have caught the shiny bug though as since getting the GLV and seeing the quality of it I've been dawdling over other shiny devices like the ggts, provaris etc. lol

the only thing im concerned about with the line and evenn the RTA is getting the thickness/rolling of the mesh right.. but im sure it'll only take a few goes

If I can do it anyone can, I used a long blunt syringe today to roll it out with and it worked perfect.

• Advertisement

newmark wrote: »
    I know, I think its a case also that I may have caught the shiny bug though as since getting the GLV and seeing the quality of it I've been dawdling over other shiny devices like the ggts, provaris etc. lol

hehe i suppose we are coming at it from different angles. I already went through my shiny shiny phase with the lavatubes and ooh'ing and aaah'ing over getting a provari then you turned me on to the throathit and ever since then I think everything else is just **** :p
    ill probably get an ego-c twist in the near future but after that.. other than maybe a second throathit to have as a spare, I'm done with mods :)

Advertisement