Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ze Bulli

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

oh, i saw your name in the whos online ages ago andd thought you were sorted otherwise i'd have pm'd you :)

admin pm'd me back ages ago to say he'd sorted it

Thanks for getting me sorted. Yeah, I've been able to log in for a couple of days but couldn't actually do anything.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

when you get your RDA pm me your addy and I'll post you some of the wick I have. you'll burn through what he sends you figuring it all out very quickly

and like I said earlier, 2m each of that .15 and .2mm nichrome from terry0769 would be worth having too, You can faff about making coils until the cows come home then and not have to worry about running out any time too soon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

Cheers for the wick Sir DCC and the heads up Alec, it seems to be high quality wick.

It's easier to work with than Bulli wick as you feel your not gonna cut through the wick as you coil it.

By way of comparison, it's not as tough as HG wick which is crap anyway and does'nt seem to absorb the juice, and it's not as soft as Bulli wick, nice balance in the texture so to speak.
    A couple others not worth mentioning.

The 3 of them look very similar in thickness and there could be minimal differences there, with this wick i done everything as per Bulli wick and got a 1.5 Ohm coil out of it. Because of that i'm getting extra power and flavour on my eGo batteries which makes no difference if you have a VV mod.

Done a dry burn and everything is ok which i expected after heating it earlier with hot flame anyway prior to winding like Alec suggested.

Will see how long it lasts which is not a big deal for me as long as i get a week or so out of it.

Am tempted to try one of the clones, at the same time i be probably stuck with it if i don't like it.

Heard back from the guy on Donedeal and he's sold out of the repairable's but expects to have more in stock in a couple of weeks. Think he's not going to supply them any more after that.

I sent him an email as well asking a couple of questions about them.
    Thing is, the Bulli shop seems to have more in stock these days.
    Think it be harder to sell the clone if ya did'nt like it.

• Advertisement

ordered 10metres each of .2/.16 kanthal A and .13 nichrome yesterday

that oughta do me a lifetimes experimentation

That amount of wire should do ya for a while alright !

Covers suitability for LR,SR and HR.

aye, that was the plan. plus the kanthal is meant to be better for mesh, so figured it'd be good to have around

although i'd be lying if I said a large part of the reason I got it was so I'd have wire on a useable spool, instead of tied around itself in a circle. that wire I got from the lad in poland was breaking my heart trying to unravel it

ill get another 10-20metres of wick in a few weeks and then I oughta be sorted :)

derra wrote: »
    I sent him an email as well asking a couple of questions about them.
    Thing is, the Bulli shop seems to have more in stock these days.
    Think it be harder to sell the clone if ya did'nt like it.

Hmmmm, I'd emailed him telling him I'd be interested in tking one of his next batch but I notice the Bulli site has some A2-TM stock alright:

http://bulli-smoker.de/index.php?a=71&lang=eng

69 Euro. Might be better to go for that. By the way, do you have to build from scratch out of the box or does he send the thing assembled?

Edit: I see it comes without the coil prepared........

afaik the bulli only has two sections..
    unless you mean the coil, in which case it's best that it comes unassembled
    youll learn quicker if you just jump in and start making coils straight away instead of vaping on a premade coil

• Advertisement

I never got the tank version, i just have the classic a2.

Bit more work involved in setting up the tank versions.

Gryzor said recently that the a2 is better for flavour, was him and alec that said to me months ago to go for the a2 instead of the tank.

Much easier to setup etc.

Like any repairable, you will find a setup that works but the curiosity gets the better of ya and ya try loads of different setups eventually going back to the tried and tested.

What i like about it is that everytime i do a repair it's gonna be very similar to the last one = consistency.

whatever im doing today, im doing something wrong

havent made a coil I was happy with all day, either no flavour/burnt flavour/bad flavour

Try a coil back in the middle of the wick again maybe having the wick meeting on the other side with a small bit of slack so that it's on the base of the chamber.

aye, that was the plan. plus the kanthal is meant to be better for mesh, so figured it'd be good to have around

although i'd be lying if I said a large part of the reason I got it was so I'd have wire on a useable spool, instead of tied around itself in a circle. that wire I got from the lad in poland was breaking my heart trying to unravel it

ill get another 10-20metres of wick in a few weeks and then I oughta be sorted :)

Told ya about the polish wire, can get messy if your not careful.

Which seller off eBay did you buy the Kanthal?
    Won't be in a spool if it's the links i gave you.

Then again, i don't think he has Kanthal A which you bought.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251029505443?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

ill try coil in the middle later, at this stage im gona run out of that wick by the end of the week :)

Yeah got wire from him before for the Line.

You should be able to use the wick again if you only used it briefly and find the atty is not vaping right.

Do a dry burn and it will eventually go on fire drying it up.
    But as alec said, be careful not to melt the delrin base of the RDA.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

I just realised I made a F**k up on my order. I ordered the A2 classic and the upgrade kit to mega tank system thinking I could use either of them that way.

I was watching a youtube video there about using the upgrade kit with the A2 classic and it involves drilling a bloody hole in the A2 classic. I didn't realise that was involved and am thinking if I drill that hole in it, will I no longer be able to use it as just the A2 classic then?

My thinking on ordering it that way was that I would have a choice of using it either as the classic or with the mega tank system. With the hole drilled for upgrade can I still use it both ways?

If I cant I will just get onto them and hopefully be able to just order the mega tank system instead.

Yeah got wire from him before for the Line.

You should be able to use the wick again if you only used it briefly and find the atty is not vaping right.

Do a dry burn and it will eventually go on fire drying it up.
    But as alec said, be careful not to melt the delrin base of the RDA.

i dunno about dry burning this stuff, i've had a few wicks go black under my coils... left singed with little black rings around them that I can't rub or burn off

No, the a2 classic tube will stay as it is.

Another tube is provided for the upgrade kit, you will have to drill a hole in this to suit the base.

You should fire off an email asking him would he drill a hole for you in the update kit to suit the base that your buying from the a2.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

No, the a2 classic tube will stay as it is.

Another tube is provided for the upgrade kit, you will have to drill a hole in this to suit the base.

You should fire off an email asking him would he drill a hole for you in the update kit to suit the base that your buying from the a2.

Thats a relief thought I really f'd up there. I had a wedding last night so ordered half blind because I was worried they might be sold out. Thanks for fast reply I'm going to get that email off to him now. ;)

• Advertisement

After a certain amount of use and constant burning, it's not gonna clean the wick spotless.

Dry burning cleans the wire from juice gunk that accumulates on it.

Once a day would do me mostly.

newmark wrote: »
    Thats a relief thought I really f'd up there. I had a wedding last night so ordered half blind because I was worried they might be sold out. Thanks for fast reply I'm going to get that email off to him now. ;)

Worth a try anyway asking him to drill it, he may or may not do it.

I think it's a 1mm hole, some do it at .8/.9 maybe to test the draw on it as the a2 can be airy.

Am sure it's the same for the tank version, don't have that though.

Find out what wire he sends you as you get 1metre of wire and wick with the a2.

I'd get this for the a2 anyway...
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/10-Mtrs-Nichrome-80-20-Resistance-Wire-0-20mm-0-0079in-/180606903099?pt=UK_BOI_Electrical_Components_Supplies_ET&hash=item2a0d02a33b#ht_500wt_1156

at this stage im gona run out of that wick by the end of the week :)

I'll send ya back the amount you gave me when i get mine on Monday or Tuesday.

Ya sent way too much, that would of done me a few months! Just wanted a sample to try it.

hehe, thanks :)

I clearly overestimated how long I'd be able to go without changing the coils

i'm changing them 4-5 times a day, even if they're still working ok i'm just.. "maybe I can make this better"

I can understand that, was always repairing and wasted loads of wick doing it.

But if you do get one vaping ok, i would leave it and let it settle as the performance can improve over a few hours.

im noticing the opposite

if I get a coil im happy with, I vape away and around 4-5 hours in the flavour just drops off
    it must be something to do with how i'm making the coil
    i have enough wire now that I dont really care, i'll figure it out eventually

although once my kanthal arrives I'll have to start all over again witha thicker sort of wire :)

The Kanthal would require one less turn compared to the Nichrome due to the different resistance properties and the Kanthal takes a bit longer to break in.

If the flavour drops off, check the coil is'nt gunked up and pretty much just making sure there is enough juice in it.

What exactly is your setup now..wire type, turns, resistance , voltage on mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭alec76

I vape away and around 4-5 hours in the flavour just drops off
    If the flavour drops off, check the coil is'nt gunked up and pretty much just making sure there is enough juice in it.
    another thing, if u chain vaping for 4-5 hours , there is a chance u just get used to flavour and your taste sensors can't feel it anymore :) Do a break , may be u vaping too much :)
    One wick ,with the daily dry burns could last a week if not more , than again if it is 10% flavoring u using , coil gunked up faster

• Advertisement

hehe, nah I was having trouble getting any flavour from my diy juices so I'm using all store bought juices for now :)

derra. have a 2.3ohm coil using .15 nichrome, about 5-6 turns. i'm running between 4 and 5v depending on the juice and whether or not im happy with the performance

im mainly experimenting with the turns atm, spacing them out or winding them really close together... I guess i'm doing it so much that I haven't noticed any huge difference in performance :)

Advertisement