Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ze Bulli

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

newmark wrote: »
    If I can do it anyone can, I used a long blunt syringe today to roll it out with and it worked perfect.

what dimensions did you cut the mesh? or did you just go by eye

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

the only thing im concerned about with the line and evenn the RTA is getting the thickness/rolling of the mesh right.. but im sure it'll only take a few goes

Check outs igetcha69's video on the line v2, very good detailed video on making and coiling the wick... Rawveg has a couple aswell...

ah yeah... watched that this morning after I pm'd you but I skipped over the actual making the mesh/coil bit as I wanted to get to the action :)

ah yeah... watched that this morning after I pm'd you but I skipped over the actual making the mesh/coil bit as I wanted to get to the action :)

Lol

Oxidizing the wick properly is the key with the mesh wicks. Do that right, and you're laughing. If it's not right, you'll get hotspots etc, and it'll drive you ****ing mad :-)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I'm thinking of selling my throathit and getting a chrome or silver LT or provari, because it would be handy to check the ohms rating on the rebuildable when I need to. Not sure yet if I will, just thinking about it.
    If you do make sure you pop it up here :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭alec76

eeloe wrote: »
    Alec, your mate got any of them bulli clones in stock?
    He told me he'd let me know when he had them in but that's nearly a month ago now. He said he'd have them in 2 weeks at that time. Interested to know as well.
    I dunno , probably not yet
    ps. I think derra was going to sell one of his Bullis.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭alec76

the only time youll ever need to check a coils ohms is when you're just after making the coil and a bog standard multimeter will do that job. unless you're going to be reviewing **** on youtube the provaris ohm checking feature isn't much more than a flashy gimmick.

you dont even really need to know the ohms of the coil with the throathit and its 5amp limit, if you make a 1.6ohm coil you can vape at 3v if you want or go all the way to 5.8v.. just keep dialing that dial until you find the vape you're happy with

if you do sell the TH you're going to be back to recharging batteries every 5 hours and keeping an extra backpack full of chargers and spare batts whenever you go somewhere for the weekend :)
    Once u get urs Line v2 , i might reconsider about variable wattage mods :D
    mesh wick not so predictable as regular is.... It might change resistance pretty often ( especially with the Line V2 -- There is no screws there )
    not an issue if u got Variable Wattage mod - it will adjust voltage on the fly

yeah but I can adjust voltage on the fly :P

maybe im just not a regular wattage guy.. in this boge carto using the same juice I've vaped at 4.4,4.6, 4.8,4.9,5,5.4 just today depending on what vape I felt like at the time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

yeah :) looks the business. i can imagine it looking real nice on one of those ego twists as well as my throathit or LT

It's too big and heavy for eGo type battery, just does'nt feel or look right on them.
    Gryzor wrote: »
    You'll enjoy it sdcc, I just don't have all day every day to tinker with it, so back to cartos for me for a while...
    FYP :D
    I did my second wick and coil today on the Genisis LV and it has turned out perfect, I am beaming with it at the moment.

Good man Newmark, what's it like on the juice?
    the only thing im concerned about with the line and evenn the RTA is getting the thickness/rolling of the mesh right.. but im sure it'll only take a few goes

:D

Hope ya have gallons of juice for that at 5v!
    Your patience will be rewarded with a very nice vape.
    alec76 wrote: »
    I dunno , probably not yet
    ps. I think derra was going to sell one of his Bullis.....

Gonna hang on to it for now, keeping an eye out for the older type with engraving and if i get that i will sell one then.
    Probably sell the RDA though if i go ahead with the repair, waiting to hear back from him when he receives it.

This thread is starting to warm up a bit, should be plenty of tears and tantrums ahead as well as the joy in achieving the ultimate vape !

well im getting 100ml 50mg in the post tomorrow and 200ml each pg/vg as well in a seperate order as well as loads of flavourings so I should be ok for juice for a while :D

• Advertisement

well im getting 100ml 50mg in the post tomorrow and 200ml each pg/vg as well in a seperate order as well as loads of flavourings so I should be ok for juice for a while :D

Probably best to put an order in now anyway :D

Can't wait too read your reaction to the way it takes the juice, it's just the way it is with it, plenty of other atties would be similar i'd imagine.

A tip i read for mesh users was to get a piece of tissue, split it in two to get a real thin piece.
    Wrap it around the mesh and not overlap.
    Put your coil on, then soak it with juice and burn off.

Depending on how ya find wrapping a coil on mesh even with heating the wire beforehand to give it that extra grip it can still move too easily on it.

Probably not worth your while either going to the bother.

yeah im not sure im looking forward to making that first coil on the line :)
    i dont see how im going to manage wrapping it around the mesh without getting it tangled up in the longer of the silver posts.. that is going to break my heart

once I get the hang of it though.. I can kinda see it being less hassle than a silica wick in a weird way
    at least with the SS mesh that part is done and will last you an age, just wrap some wire about it and you're away again instead of having to measure out a bit of wick, cut it, run it over a lighter, etc etc etc every time you gotta make a new coil

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

good ole Steeljan is back on the Tube! :)

\o/

yeah saw that
    was kinda half curious until about 8 minutes in when I realised the amount of work involved, said **** it and closed the video :)

Rather interesting vid tho to be fair! :)
    Just at the 8 minutes mark myself now, i think i'd rather just buy a repairable and if i didn't like it, sell it on, than go to all that effort!

haha

did ya get to the end of the video?

Such a contradiction...This is a good way to do a repairable atty if you can't afford the real deal(that's what it says in the description)

Then she goes ahead of gives it a blast on her Darwin...hahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Bubba9

He told me he'd let me know when he had them in but that's nearly a month ago now. He said he'd have them in 2 weeks at that time. Interested to know as well.

PM'd him and he replied that he's not doing them anymore.

well the line arrived today

is this the thing derra ended up selling after one week because it was too fiddly?

I can certainly see that

i destroyed the coil it came premade with. it wasnt working right after a little while so I decided to uncoil it and do up my own, when i was taking the wire off the mesh it just.. fell apart. i wasnt pulling it hard or anything it just fell away from itself. it was around 1.8ohms so I guess 5v was too much for it...

i have a 2.8 ohm coil on there now with some 34awg kanthal, 5 wraps.. im vaping swedish fish so it's a complicated juice with a lot of flavours to come through.. and it's almost there but not good enough. I get better flavour from a cartomiser. where the wire leaves the mesh and wraps around the posts goes red very very fast which seems to negatively affect the flavour. The mesh seems to be wicking well enough so I dont think thats the problem, maybe its how im winding it.. its not easy to make a coil. getting the wire to stay still while you're lifting it around the posts or mesh is a PITA.

i'll keep at it anyway but unless I figure this out in the next week.. once I get my RDA I dont know if I'll end up using it much

--edit

1 minute after I make this post.. I get kind of a bubble of air through the drip tip and now it wont fire any more :/

where the wire leaves the mesh and wraps around the posts goes red very very fast which seems to negatively affect the flavour.

That'll destroy you're flavour, it'll burn the juice....make sure the wick is oxidized properly, it'll create a short otherwise and cause the hotspots....other than that make sure the wire is hugging the wick all the way round fairly tightly.
    Maybe the voltage is just too high, when the wick is bedding in, the resistance can jump around a bit, have a check and make sure it's still at 2.8, might have dropped back a bit...

Fair play on burning out a mesh wick in a couple of hours :)

--edit

1 minute after I make this post.. I get kind of a bubble of air through the drip tip and now it wont fire any more :/

sounds like a short alright, and your protection circuitry is kicking in...

• Advertisement

thats the thing.. Im finding it impossible to wrap the wire around the wick tightly
    the wick is jumping all over the place :/

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

thats the thing.. Im finding it impossible to wrap the wire around the wick tightly
    the wick is jumping all over the place :/

Try burning the kanthal wire with a lighter before wrapping it around the coil, it makes it easier to use.

i was doing that :)

i scrapped the lot, wick and wire and started again

4cmx3cm bit of mesh, rolled it up oxidised etc etc

have a coil on atm with some 32awg kanthal but its metering out at 1.4ohm! forgot just how low ohms/metre this **** was, gona have to recoil it with different wire cos thats way too low

but the actual vape itself has improved a bit. flavour still isnt great but loads of vapour (draw is a bit too tight for me but nothing I can do about that). ill give this a while anyway, fill it up once more with a different juice and try that for a bit.. then I'll recoil it with a hhigher ohm coil, 1.4ohm is too low for me

swedish fish is kind of a tricky juice to start with I guess as there's so many notes to the flavour.

its cracking an awful lot while I have it fired.. is this normal? I assume it's the juice vapourising but does it mean it's wicking too little/too much?

its cracking an awful lot while I have it fired.. is this normal? I assume it's the juice vapourising but does it mean it's wicking too little/too much?

I only used to get crackling towards the end of the draw, always assumed it was cause the wick was drying out a bit...

Did you get rid of the hotspots??

no hotspots on the current coil unless I fire it for ages with the cap off, or at a really high voltage.. which for a 1.4ohm coil is anything over 3.5v I guess

this is the coil im using atm anyway, looks decent enough

I had a quick fiddle with the wick.. just grabbed it in my fingers and twisted it around a bit and it seems to have improved the flavour
    maybe the wire was pinching it a bit?

is this the thing derra ended up selling after one week because it was too fiddly?
    /

Yep, that's the one.

I see it's work in progress at the moment, best of luck with it.

Moving the posts a little bit can stop the hotspots as well, don't go mad at them or you will snap them.

the hole in the middle of the mesh wick..

does it have to be quite large, or quite small?

i dont know if im gona get the hang of this tbh..

at first I thought it wasnt wicking at all, now i think it's wicking too well..

--edit

made up a new coil, doing nothing differently.. and now it's performing very well#

screw this, im going back to fags

--edit

made up a new coil, doing nothing differently.. and now it's performing very well#

screw this, im going back to fags

:D

Memories of frustration are flooding back to me here.

It's very hard to get it performing consistently the way ya want it, hopefully you will have more luck than i had.

i dont think I will :) I can see a classified spot on ukvapers in its future, soon as I get my RDA next week

im vaping e-smokerirelands strawberrymilkshake.. and.. it's always on the way there but I never get the flavour I should. I'm not crazy about the draw on it either, and there's 0 throathit. I think even if I got perfect flavour I wouldn't exactly love it. Still, worth a purchase just to try it out. although now I need more strawberry milkshake.. line ****ing drinks juice.

• Advertisement

i dont think I will :) I can see a classified spot on ukvapers in its future, soon as I get my RDA next week

im vaping e-smokerirelands strawberrymilkshake.. and.. it's always on the way there but I never get the flavour I should. I'm not crazy about the draw on it either, and there's 0 throathit. I think even if I got perfect flavour I wouldn't exactly love it. Still, worth a purchase just to try it out. although now I need more strawberry milkshake.. line ****ing drinks juice.

It's hard work getting it right and when you get the RDA back you will be constantly using that with minimal effort and better results each time.

Lashes the juice out of it does'nt it :D

Advertisement