Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ze Bulli

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭alec76

do I just dry burn it a couple of times, or do I take the top off and try to scrape some of the gunk off the coils too?
    - take the top of atty first
    - hit the power button for 6-10 seconds
    - repeat it several times , till every turn of a coil glows red
    no need to scrape anything , should clean up with out it , than again , if there is too much flavour added in to the juice ,coil getting dirty very quickly .. try to dry burn it sooner .... i dunno , do dry burn for every 2 ml of juice.... i am doing it after 4-6 ml ( although i am normally adding 1 drop of flavour for 1 ml of base )

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

im not using my diy's in the RDA, using liqua or alba vapours juices mainly so theyd be pretty standard in terms of flavour %

i dunno, I must just be winding the coils too tight as I keep singing the wick in every coil even without dry burns and it starts affecting the taste after a while. if I try dry burning, the wick just goes completely black.

if I try dry burning, the wick just goes completely black.
    dont stop , raise voltage ,keep dry burning till the coil glows kinda white ( at the some stage wick will catch the flame --be careful there , dont melt the base of RDA

i have to keep doing that?
    hrm

ill try that again later so..once I saw the big dirty black mark on the wick I just took it apart and made a new coil.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

Ha ha. Hope he gets them in soon. Sounds like I'll need to buy a multimeter as well.

On another note, I assume An eGo battery will be fine with it? I can always buy a vv afterwards anyway.

If your still looking for a mulitmeter Neil Sedaka is selling them and has one left I bought the other one off of him today.

http://www.adverts.ie/machinery-tools/brand-new-multimeters/1581485?notification=b9907c53d07ea0c0c5f7ee3a6fadd9ec-1335381418#comment_7663871

• Advertisement

the purpose of dry burning - to clean up gunk from a coil , i wouldn't care if wick not clean as a whistle ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Think I'll wait until your man has an attie first. Might be a couple of weeks. I'll probably be able to het one in work. Thanks for the link though.

sweet jesus

I just dry burned my coil, properly this time

I fired it up until the coils went red and kept them going

the wick went black all under the coil, real black

then it went on fire.. and now it's just about perfecly clean again

sweet jesus

I just dry burned my coil, properly this time

I fired it up until the coils went red and kept them going

LOL That sounds like a lot of fun...:D

I wouldn't recommend u set fire on to it though . Be careful if u doing so -- base of RDA could catch the fire aswell,
    as a result - melting derlin base or even worse, soldered parts under the high temperature could fail apart....

• Advertisement

oh, i blew it out as soon as it went on fire :)

vaping a 1.8ohm coil @ 5volts :)

pretty awesome

Got the Bulli A2 and the tank upgrade kit this morning and 4 practice wicks later its firing up ok plenty of throat-hit and flavour. The vapour I imagine could be better if I get the wicks perfect with practice.

I know I haven't given it a proper chance yet but I don' think this is for me as it drove me crazy trying to set it up and I cant see myself having the patience for it, my fingers are just too big and awkward. I'm already pondering putting it on the classifieds

don't. the first day I got my RDA I was pondering putting it up for sale. it was the most frustrating experience I've had since trying to unhook the first bra I got to unhook.

keep at it for a week at least, you'll get the hang of it.

don't. the first day I got my RDA I was pondering putting it up for sale. it was the most frustrating experience I've had since trying to unhook the first bra I got to unhook.

keep at it for a week at least, you'll get the hang of it.

I do have some taste in my mouth after it I'll give it that much I've been vaping Epic Orange from Britvapers with it and the difference in flavour to other devices I've used is very apparent. The orange taste I'm getting is even too strong if anything but I guess I'm so used to the carto tanks blocking most of the flavour .

heh, i've been pondering throwing some juice into a cartomiser to compare it to the RDA but i dont want to waste any of my juice
    i dont think i've used a cartomiser in the last 3 weeks actually... maybe once or twice when I had to go into town and didnt want to put the RDA in my pockcet.

Just put it up on UKV classified, its not for me I'd go insane trying to set it up...On the plus side that 5ml tank I got from Britvapes is unbelievably good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

newmark wrote: »
    Just put it up on UKV classified, its not for me I'd go insane trying to set it up...On the plus side that 5ml tank I got from Britvapes is unbelievably good.

That was quick :D

Would of gave it a week at least as there is a few users on here that could of helped you set it up properly, but it's not for everyone either.

I see you have a PM already so all is good.

derra wrote: »
    That was quick :D

Would of gave it a week at least as there is a few users on here that could of helped you set it up properly, but it's not for everyone either.

I see you have a PM already so all is good.

I'd go demented Derra I thought it was a lot bigger and I've hands like shovels so it just isn't for me. I was nearly on the way to the shop to buy fags I got so frustrated with it so just said ****it it not for me.

I'd go demented Derra I thought it was a lot bigger and I've hands like shovels so it just isn't for me. I was nearly on the way to the shop to buy fags I got so frustrated with it so just said ****it it not for me.

I was the same with the Line, would of drove me crazy eventually.

Probably would of bought the a2 off you but not the Tank upgrade as well, easier to sell both together i'd imagine.

• Advertisement

derra wrote: »
    I was the same with the Line, would of drove me crazy eventually.

Probably would of bought the a2 off you but not the Tank upgrade as well, easier to sell both together i'd imagine.

Bugger it. Its sold already, if I'd realised I'd have pm'd you, sorry...
    I kind of wanted to get rid of it fast once I realised to free up funds for cartos and a couple of other bits as had left myself run low on them over the bull coming if you know what I mean.

Bugger it. Its sold already, if I'd realised I'd have pm'd you, sorry...
    I kind of wanted to get rid of it fast once I realised to free up funds for cartos and a couple of other bits as had left myself run low on them over the bull coming if you know what I mean.

No your fine, they seem to be in stock a lot lately anyway.
    The Bulli stuff always sells in classifieds so ya had no problems there getting rid of it.

I think I broke my RDA...

you know the little metal bit behind the posts, with the wire soldered to it?
    unless I have that in exactle the right spot it won't fire
    ive managed to get it vaping again as I dont really want to go back to cartos but it's kinda.. fiddly. even taking the top off can unsettle the metal bit enough that it wont fire
    hopefully it keeps going for the next month until I get my RTA, then I can send it back to see if it can be repaired

Must be the same problem with mine as well.
    Alec had mentioned about not damaging the base before when dry burning but i never thought of the soldering till he wrote that up regarding the RDA.

Might stick a bit of wire to the posts and try a bit of fiddling too and see will it fire.

well even when it wasnt firing, if I stuck the multimeter to thye posts to check for the beep it beeped, which I found odd

if I hold it at a certain angle it vapes fine so hopefully it is just a simple enough fix

It buzzes for me when i stick the probes on top of the screws on the posts.

To do a continuity test, you must stick the red probe underneath the atty on the centre pin and the black probe on the thread of the atty connection.

You can do a resistance reading that way as well, obviously on the Ohm setting.

I had same problem, one day it would not fire then it did and then it stopped altogether.

Done a continuity test and no sound.

aaah, yeah when I tried it at the atomiser base I didnt get any sound

im scared to try it now in case the metal bar thing moves around and I lose the connection :)

As you say, hopefully you will get your RTA before you have to send it over for repair.

well it's properly broken now, no matter what I do it wont fire

ugh, back to cartomiser tanks

you reckon the bulli clone alecs mate has would be any good?

• Advertisement

He has made 3 versions of the RDA afaik, wonder if there was such problems with the others. Definitely a bit of a flaw with that tag.

The Bulli a2 original is available, i definitely recommend that instead ;)
    Unless you get a drip tip adapter from the states, you will be using a mouthpiece with a cart attached that has filler inside.
    You would get 1ml of juice in the cart, the wick touches off the cart and sucks the juice down to the coil.
    It's still better than any cart this way, i just prefer dripping.

I have a SS Bulli i'm thinking of selling as i prefer the older look with the engraving and will try and get one if i can.
    I bought the bits separate and had to drill a new hole in it, i blocked the other one with a cocktail stick and smoothed it out etc
    No vapour gets through it, only the new airhole does the vapour escape.

Have a few mouth pieces, carts, plenty of filler and a metre of Bulli wick as per site.

You could have that for €50 includes Paypal fees and delivery instead of the clone.

Advertisement