Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slutty debs dresses

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

evry1sm8 wrote: »
    Sorry. Some things just should not be joked about IMO.
    "Sexy children"? If you find that funny then I reckon youre not very mature.

You sound drier than a Nun's vagina

• Registered Users Posts: 8,134 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Sorry. Some things just should not be joked about IMO.
    "Sexy children"? If you find that funny then I reckon youre not very mature.

what's the best thing about shagging twentyone year olds?
    There's twenty of them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

batistuta9 wrote: »
    what's the best thing about shagging twentyone year olds?
    There's twenty of them
    Why is it called a baby finger?
    Nah, I'm not even gonna go there :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

As far as the word slutty, sexed-up would probably have been a better choice.
    In short, revealing.
    Wearing a "sexy" dress is a lot more acceptable when you are older than your teens. Im 30 now, and id only go as far as wearing something figure hugging.
    No slits or revealing areas on parts of my body that should really be covered up in public.
    Its just not classy otherwise. And plain wrong if youre still only a teenager.

You sound like you are 60 and not 30. 18/19 is hardly a child.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭evry1sm8

You sound drier than a Nun's vagina

Nah, Im just not an idiot that finds the idea of people seeing children as sexy "funny" :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

hondasam wrote: »

Not a child no, but they're still in their teens ffs!
    And I doubt many people in their 60's wear tight figure hugging mini dresses?

If youre going to a debs ball for school, why the need to wear a dress that flashes your stomach or other parts of your body that would only usually be seen if you were wearing a bikini?

Its not classy, or attractive.
    And 18/19 is still too young for "sexy" clothes. Thats just my opinion on the matter.

PS: If you read my post again, I did say TEENAGER and not child.

And 18/19 is still too young for "sexy" clothes. Thats just my opinion on the matter.

your getting jealous now as you've hit the big three O & these 18/19 probably have great bodies and best years ahead of them

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭SwarfegaHead

As far as the word slutty, sexed-up would probably have been a better choice.
    In short, revealing.
    Wearing a "sexy" dress is a lot more acceptable when you are older than your teens. Im 30 now, and id only go as far as wearing something figure hugging.
    No slits or revealing areas on parts of my body that should really be covered up in public.
    Its just not classy otherwise. And plain wrong if youre still only a teenager.

You must have a **** haemorrhage every time you leave the house with that attitude. Or every time you turn on the TV for that matter. Young ones have been wearing tight and/or revealing clothes since the 60s-70s. I wouldn't be the most fashion conscious person on the planet but it's not exactly a recent phenomenon.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭The Internet Explorer

Somebody beginning to feel old perhaps ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Why did this guy get so many thanks? Seriously. Cop on.
    I believe its known as a joke. It was most likely 'thanked' by people who enjoyed the joke.

Either that or they're all paedophiles, hard to know these days.

your getting jealous now as you've hit the big three O & these 18/19 probably have great bodies and best years ahead of them

Lol :)
    I have a great body myself, I look a lot younger than my age too,
    but thats not the point in the least.
    I just dont think its appropriate that teens go to their debs wearing overly sexy / revealing dresses.
    I actually think girls look more attractive in classy dresses, whatever their age.
    It just looks worse when they are too young.
    A debs dress doesnt have to be boring, or cover you neck to toes- there are nice dresses out there that flatter your figure and look great, AND still dont show off your tummy / waist etc.
    When I went to mine I got a gorgeous one in Debenhams with a low enough back and kind of cocktail style at the bottom, so there are other options!

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭The Internet Explorer

I just dont think its appropriate that teens go to their debs wearing overly sexy / revealing dresses.
    I actually think girls look more attractive in classy dresses, whatever their age.
    A debs dress doesnt have to be boring, or cover you neck to toes- there are nice dresses out there that flatter your figure and look great, AND still dont show off your tummy / waist etc.
    When I went to mine I got a gorgeous one in Debenhams with a low enough back and kind of cocktail style at the bottom, so there are other options!

Pics or GTFO.

You must have a **** haemorrhage every time you leave the house with that attitude. Or every time you turn on the TV for that matter. Young ones have been wearing tight and/or revealing clothes since the 60s-70s. I wouldn't be the most fashion conscious person on the planet but it's not exactly a recent phenomenon.

A lot of the time I do in fact see young girls about the place and think god, thats a bit short, or a bit too revealing, yeah.
    And it has been this way for a while, I agree.
    But I do feel its perhaps worse now then in the 90's say...

BTW, im not saying short skirts are bad, or halter-neck tops... Im talking about dresses that show the tummy, or have huge slits up the sides.
    There is a difference.

And everyone has their own opinions and tastes in fashion. I have seen some dresses which reveal sides/stomachs that I thought looked great on the people, I've seen others that didn't. Everyone has their own tastes, and if some people can pull that off then leave em at it.

AgileMyth wrote: »
    I believe its known as a joke. It was most likely 'thanked' by people who enjoyed the joke.

Either that or they're all paedophiles, hard to know these days.

Yeah I get that.
    I dont see whats funny about it though.
    I think its a bit thick, and immature if Im honest, but thats just my opinion.

Yeah I get that.
    Meh, I'd rather be immature and have a laugh than uptight and not, tbh.

Aoifey! wrote: »
    And everyone has their own opinions and tastes in fashion. I have seen some dresses which reveal sides/stomachs that I thought looked great on the people, I've seen others that didn't. Everyone has their own tastes, and if some people can pull that off then leave em at it.

I actually do agree, but not when youre a teenager- sorry.
    When youre into your twenties maybe.
    Thats just how I feel on the matter.

Aoifey! wrote: »
    Meh, I'd rather be immature and have a laugh than uptight and not, tbh.

I laugh. At things that are actually funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

I laugh. At things that are actually funny.

I found it very funny, as, clearly, many others did. Maybe you don't know what's funny.

• Advertisement

Yeah I get that.

I would 100% agree with you if these girls were 12/13 but they are 17/18.
    I would not joke about kids ever.

I actually do agree, but not when youre a teenager- sorry.
    When youre into your twenties maybe.
    Thats just how I feel on the matter.
    Once you're 18 you're an adult. Underneath that, fair enough, technically you're still a child, but once you're 18 the same should go as if you're 20, 21, 21, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭SwarfegaHead

How do you decide which parts of the body are okay for young girls to display and which aren't? I think it's a bit silly to assume revealed bellies/sides imply sexuality more than revealed legs/backs/cleavage/whatever. Sexuality is in the eye of the beholder when it comes down to it.

And that's not even getting down the fact that "girls" of 18/19 are actually for the most part women, speaking from the point of decent maturity rather than age. I'd still consider myself a young lad more than and adult but I know a fair few girls of 18 or so with a head on their shoulders, it's up to them what way they want to represent themselves, sexualised or not.

I found it very funny, as, clearly, many others did. Maybe you don't know what's funny.

I know what *I* find funny.

It was basically 3 words, and 2 of them were "sexy children"
    Yeah... hilarious... :confused:

I would 100% agree with you if these girls were 12/13 but they are 17/18.
    I would not joke about kids ever.

Ok well thats fair enough, for me once they are 20+ I wouldnt see so much of a problem with it.
    I know 18 is technically "adulthood", but really most girls are not mature enough by then to fully embrace their sexuality, in an adult way.

This is all I really have to offer as far as my opinion goes.

I know what *I* find funny.

It was basically 3 words, and 2 of them were "sexy children"
    Yeah... hilarious... :confused:

The poster said ''stupid sexy kids''

would stupid sexy girls/teenagers be acceptable to you?

I don't think for a minute he meant children and no one read it as that.

I know a fair few girls of 18 or so with a head on their shoulders

Some do, but most of them dont...
    They really have not fully matured by that age.
    A lot of girls that age make silly mistakes, with regards sex and having intimate relationships.
    Some are not ready by this age, to handle their sexuality.
    Ive seen it with friends when I was that age.

This debate could go on all night,
    all I can give is my opinion, and that is that its just not classy, or attractive, for a girl that young to wear a very revealing dress to a debs ball.

The poster said ''stupid sexy kids''

would stupid sexy girls/teenagers be acceptable to you?

Irrelevant. Thats not what he said.

"Sexy kids" to me is simply not funny. And I think anyone who finds it so, is either a tad immature or not very bright.
    Just my opinion.
    I've explained this a few times now.

maybe people just have different senses of humour than yours, that doesn't make them "a tad immature or not very bright" does it?

we're still waiting on these pics on this point "I have a great body myself, I look a lot younger than my age too" :D

• Advertisement

we're still waiting on these pics on this point "I have a great body myself, I look a lot younger than my age too" :D

Yeah!! :D and then everyone on here knows who I am...
    Good idea.
    I prefer to stay somewhat anonymous so youre just going to have to trust me on that one I suppose :)

Advertisement