Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madden NFL 12

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

I need to learn how to fair catch

In all my time playing Madden I've never done a fair catch.
    I use the punt formation with the two players either side and that gives me time.
    If I don't select that then my returner gets hammered and I fumble.

I don't know how to spike the ball, I just throw the ball out of bounds.
    I think they did this on the film Varsity Blues :D

And I'm fond of using Sam Bradford to roll out to extend the play but I got nailed by the niners outside linebacker Anthony Spencer a few times as I don't know how to throw it away

I'm not asking for tips or replies I'll practice today.
    My lack of knowledge is shocking :pac:

I'm good with the audibles though and my patented fake blitz :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Jags beat the panthers. going to be very tight in afc south this year i think

I gave away two of the stupidest TDs ever to lose that game, very frustrating. Jags got the ball back with 20 seconds to go before half time, ran it and broke off a 60 yard run to get into the redzone and they scored in the next play :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,702 ✭✭✭Raoul

mikemac1 wrote: »
    I need to learn how to fair catch

In all my time playing Madden I've never done a fair catch.
    I use the punt formation with the two players either side and that gives me time.
    If I don't select that then my returner gets hammered and I fumble.

I don't know how to spike the ball, I just throw the ball out of bounds.
    I think they did this on the film Varsity Blues :D

And I'm fond of using Sam Bradford to roll out to extend the play but I got nailed by the niners outside linebacker Anthony Spencer a few times as I don't know how to throw it away

I'm not asking for tips or replies I'll practice today.
    My lack of knowledge is shocking :pac:

I'm good with the audibles though and my patented fake blitz :cool:

Fair catch: hold y button with the player that is going to receive the ball.

Spike ball: Like going no huddle keep pressing B to spike the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Mike when receiving the kick/punt what you need to do immediately is switch to the return man ( don't use 2 returners btw only 1 ). That way you get the time you need to press Y to fair catch. I cannot stress how important this is. If you don't do it straight away before the kick even starts quite often the switch to the returner comes too late to fair catch and you get the dreaded fumbles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Tomorrow is no good. Ive got work, game of rugby under lights Boom! ( i get to feel like im in friday night lights :) ) then boozing.

Hows Saturday or Monday for you ?

i'll be on and off madden a good bit today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Alse click the right stick to throw away

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Adding everyone on xbl thats in franchise now. My GT is Chicharito1014 so you know its me

Getting the dolphins off 0-5 will be more difficult than I thought it was. Played two friendly games and got severly punished in both. :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

i wouldnt worry too much everyone has bad streaks

i wouldnt worry too much everyone has bad streaks

Lost 78-7 yesterday and another big loss today. Any advice

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Lost 78-7 yesterday and another big loss today. Any advice

Who are you playing with?

You should set up your own franchise and draft your boards team to it.
    Will allow you to practice off-line.

Are you generally airing it out?

Played two members of the franchise in friendly games.

Played two members of the franchise in friendly games.

Sorry i meant what team?
    Generally if you're picking the Chiefs lets say and they are picking the Packers you will always struggle.

I used the dolphins in both games, played patriots today. Forget who I played Yesterday

If your up for a game tonight I could play you

I used the dolphins in both games, played patriots today. Forget who I played Yesterday

Some of the lads are very very good and honestly sometimes you just get freak results.
    You probably arent going to get to the play offs, so you should find out what works for the next season and get practicing!

If your up for a game tonight I could play you

I am around but currently looking after my niece so not sure what time i'd be free

No prob If you manage to get on send an Invite. im on until 12

No prob If you manage to get on send an Invite. im on until 12

add me if you havent already gt is kaiche

Lads we may have a slight issue..
    The Bengals have missed their flight home.
    Rob is hoping to get home tomorrow and we can play at 3 or 4.

However if he doesnt make back for that time it I'm heading away for work for a couple of days and wont be free to play until Wednesday evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

story with our game dave?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Lads we may have a slight issue..
    The Bengals have missed their flight home.
    Rob is hoping to get home tomorrow and we can play at 3 or 4.

However if he doesnt make back for that time it I'm heading away for work for a couple of days and wont be free to play until Wednesday evening.

It'll have to be simmed unless Rob allows you to play the CPU Heli?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Rams lose!! Actually lose is not the right word, Thrashed would be more like it. Beaten by a superb Bears side. Unstoppable running game. One restart due to greaving or something, was only 3 plays in so not a problem cept I had more running yards in the two plays than I got the whole restarted game. I'm making the wrong throw calls constantly and play like i've my eyes closed sometimes. Ah well. Thanks Paddy for not making it the score it could have been, 45 was going easy on me.

SantryRed wrote: »
    It'll have to be simmed unless Rob allows you to play the CPU Heli?

he'll have more chance of a win if he lets me play the cpu with my performances lately!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,702 ✭✭✭Raoul

he'll have more chance of a win if he lets me play the cpu with my performances lately!

I think the fairest thing to do is for you to play the CPU. I can kick rob from the league in the next hour.

Btw santry let me know whenever you can take back the commish on the xbox role.

Edit: Scrap that, it aint robs fault the flight was cancelled. If he isnt back before i head off we'll sim it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I'm back home now Raoul so whenever :D

Rob is back, so we should have our game about 4 o clock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Come on Titans, Ravens want to hang onto the division lead

• Advertisement

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Come on Titans, Ravens want to hang onto the division lead

Well hopefully a few things i've been trying help me out... Bush will be called upon..

Advertisement