Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madden NFL 12

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Bengals @ Titans is scheduled for a show down at high noon! on sunday..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Raiders and Broncos having connection issues. One game (broncos received kickoff) stopped 10-0 Broncos, them punting from 25 around a minute left in first half, the other stopped 3-0 Raiders with the Broncos on the Raiders 33 with 3rd and 4 (broncos received kick).

Raiders-Broncos:
    Broncos receive and drive it down the field, settle for a field goal. 3-0.
    Raiders take only 2 plays to score, Jones-Drew on a 65-yard run.
    Broncos punt to Raiders, who take it to redzone and Jones-Drew fumbles. 3-7. Broncos drive down field and settle for a field goal. 6-7
    Raiders punt, Broncos take it down field for a field goal. 9-7.
    Raiders throw interception just before half-time, Broncos take it down the field for a field goal. 12-7. Half time. Jones-Drew scores on first drive of the second half. 12-14. Broncos punt and Raiders go on long drive that stalls around midfield. Raiders punt to the 11. In a mix of running and passing plays, the Broncos take it down the field (I tried to let him score on one passing play). Broncos score a 37 yard field goal and the game ends on the squib kick. 15-14 Broncos win. Raiders coach is furious at defense for dropping around 10 interceptions.

1-3 now compared to the 3-2 Broncos. I think my schedule gets a fair bit easier for a fair few weeks. The Broncos can only get easier after playing the jets and packers. See you at mile high you ******'s.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Anyone up for a friendly game around 9:30pm? I won't be able to mic up though but can play a few games if anyone's interested?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

matthew8 wrote: »
    I think my schedule gets a fair bit easier for a fair few weeks.

Wouldn't be too sure about that, you've got Colts (AFC Champs, 14-6 last season) and Bills (perennial playoff team, 14-4 last season) in your next 3.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Paully D wrote: »
    Anyone up for a friendly game around 9:30pm? I won't be able to mic up though but can play a few games if anyone's interested?

I maybe paully, add me helimachoptor

I maybe paully, add me helimachoptor

have you changed username from Kaiche?

McG wrote: »
    have you changed username from Kaiche?

jesus... no!
    Sorry still kaiche.... :D

I will change it soon i think, my XBL sub is nearly up

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

jesus... no!
    Sorry still kaiche.... :D

I will change it soon i think, my XBL sub is nearly up

Just added you now mate!

• Advertisement

Just added you now mate!

may not mic up either.. i need to do wedding lists while myself and the OH are both at home :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Anyone on XBox that I can add for a few friendly games? My GT is Chicharito1014

Anyone on XBox that I can add for a few friendly games? My GT is Chicharito1014

Join the league.. you'll get lots of games :D

Who do I ask to join?

Who do I ask to join?

Santry.. we have another recruit...

I think the following teams are free

Jags
    Chargers
    Chiefs
    Redskins
    Vikings
    Dolphins
    Patriots
    Saints

Wouldn't be too sure about that, you've got Colts (AFC Champs, 14-6 last season) and Bills (perennial playoff team, 14-4 last season) in your next 3.

Ok, but I have the CPU chiefs and a lot of other CPU teams also coming up. By the time I play the Broncos in week 14 we should both have a lot of wins. I have a big advantage in my schedule over other potential wildcard teams, playing the CPU around 7 times. But I suppose it's balanced out by playing the jets, packers and colts.

Who do I ask to join?

Santry.. we have another recruit...

I think the following teams are free

Jags
    Chargers
    Chiefs
    Redskins
    Vikings
    Dolphins
    Patriots
    Saints

Id be happy with the Dolphins if they were free

• Registered Users Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭davetherave

This is a fantasy draft league though, so you won't get the real-life Dolphins.

If you look at the file that Rob upload in post #2637 you will see the rosters and gradings

Bear in mind we did a fantasy draft so Miami's best players are:

Jahri Evans RG 98
    Ray Lewis MLB 94
    Mat McBriar P 93
    Michael Griffin FS 91
    Jonathan Stewart HB 87
    Matt Light LT 86
    Justin Smith RE 86
    Josh Scobee K 85
    Morgan Burnett SS 85
    Robert Gallery LG 84
    Brody Harris RG 84
    Shaun O'Hara C 83
    Daniel Thomas HB 83
    Matt Bryant K 83
    Charles Godfrey SS 83
    Anthony Armstrong WR 83
    Jason Campbell QB 82
    Charles Tillman CB 81

One of the lads can sort you out with access to the league on http://myleaguemanager.net so you can look at teams before deciding

EDIT: even better, look at Dave's link above. You might also want to consider who's in the divisions.

Im not fussy about the players so the dolphins will be grand for me

• Advertisement

Going on xbox now so how do I sign up

welcome aboard and good luck, Dolphins are 0-4 at the moment and in a very tough division with two very good teams in the Jets and Bills

Going on xbox now so how do I sign up

PM sent with details.

welcome aboard and good luck, Dolphins are 0-4 at the moment and in a very tough division with two very good teams in the Jets and Bills

Im gonna turn the season around

Welcome to the league. Don't forget to beat the Broncos.

matthew8 wrote: »
    Welcome to the league. Don't forget to beat the Broncos.
    Just joined and it says My next game is Patriots VS Cpu. Can I play it now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Welcome and yes you can play it now :)

(friendly)
    Ravens (Paully D) @ Titans (kaiche)

Titans receive first.

I take a toss and CJ gets tackled for a 9 yard loss!
    He makes up for it on the next play with a big catch

The Titans make it just past midfield before they get stopped after a couple of sacks and have to punt.

The Ravens ground it out and make a good gain after a couple of plays and end at the 27 yard line.
    The Ravens go to the air to make a key 3rd down

The Ravens QB gets smashed just as he lets go and its almost caught. The titans D stops the run and the Ravens settle for a FG with 4:21 in the half.

Titans make good progress in the air and Britt converts an important 3rd down.

The Titans go for it on 4th around midfield and dont get it and we are inside the 2 minute mark

The Titans stop the ground game and force the Ravens to punt with 1:05 on the clock and the Titans take over on the 20 yard line.

Paully with 10 seconds left in the half I didnt realise i was going for it on 4th I thought it was 3rd down.. apologies i got distracted with wedding talk:o

Why did you take a knee?? Tactical :cool:

Ravens receive in the 2nd

On another day we'd have had a few ints..
    Titans D stop the ravens and they punt just on the edge on FG range

Shouldnt have said anything.. throw an int on my next possesion
    ...........and then so do the Ravens

The Titans punt and the force a QB fumble but the Ravens manage to recover and leave them on 3d and 13. Ravens are forced to punt.
    (not a game for the attacking teams anyway!)

The Titan offense is as poor in real life as it is in the fantasy franchise or its just me :o the Titans are forced to punt again but on the plus side the D is really stepping it up in the second half and force the Ravens to punt.

CJ makes a lot in the air despite being 11 carries for 15 yards!
    I get in FG range and lag fcuking kills me and i hit it short i only get to 50% power and it drops just under the bar.

The Titans stop the ravens run game and they have to punt.
    The Titans have 78 seconds to get 80 yards!
    Titans cant get anything going and make it a total of 1 yard in 4 plays and give the Ravens the ball on the 21...
    Ravens kneel it out and another very poor Titans performance..

Ravens 3- Titan 0
    Well done Paully, you were worth the win on your first half performance anyway i couldnt deal with your run game.

Some stats..
    Ravens 137 yards offense with 100 rushing
    Titans with 142 yards but 16 rushing

We'll mic up next time

Ravens and Titans replaying.. to give the fans value for money!!

• Advertisement

Ravens and Titans replaying.. to give the fans value for money!!

I'm surprised the fans didn't invade the pitch with the quality of offense on display. What's up with the Ravens defense this year? The Colts score 3, the Titans score 0, but I don't remember anything particularly awesome about them.

Advertisement