Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madden NFL 12

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

adrian522 wrote: »
    I don't know, if I'm 10-0 up I wouldn't be too happy about starting from scratch. Luckily I haven't had any disconnects on franchise games but I do think we should try to create the same score as before.
    Hits the nail on the head. I have found that guys get really chessed off if they are winning and then go on to actully lose a game.

Also if someone says "lets just restart" there is pressure on you to say yes if though you might actually want to.

Over a few seasons playing in other franchises and a having plenty of games where bad feelings arose from this exact situation here is the rule we decided on to be fair to all parties concerned.

DROPPED GAMES
    If during a game the players are kicked from the server the following must be done. The game should be restarted but and the points difference between the teams must be recreated by punting all out blitzing against 5 WR sets ( or however you want to do it). Also the balance of posession must be recreated so if one player received the kick off was down 14 points and the opponent had posession when the game was kicked off again then he must recieve the kickoff, punt twice, give up two scores and then punt again. These rules all to all games through to the end of Q3.

If game goes to Q4 the rules as above still apply with the following proviso. If a player is down by 25 points he must effectively concede the game, drop out and let his opponent play the CPU. This point total goes down by 1 point per minute in Q4, so if down by 24 with 9-10 mins, 23 with 8-9 mins and so on down to 17 points with 2-3 minutes left.

Raoul / Ben ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

Berty44 wrote: »
    Hits the nail on the head. I have found that guys get really chessed off if they are winning and then go on to actully lose a game.

Also if someone says "lets just restart" there is pressure on you to say yes if though you might actually want to.

Over a few seasons playing in other franchises and a having plenty of games where bad feelings arose from this exact situation here is the rule we decided on to be fair to all parties concerned.

DROPPED GAMES
    If during a game the players are kicked from the server the following must be done. The game should be restarted but and the points difference between the teams must be recreated by punting all out blitzing against 5 WR sets ( or however you want to do it). Also the balance of posession must be recreated so if one player received the kick off was down 14 points and the opponent had posession when the game was kicked off again then he must recieve the kickoff, punt twice, give up two scores and then punt again. These rules all to all games through to the end of Q3.

If game goes to Q4 the rules as above still apply with the following proviso. If a player is down by 25 points he must effectively concede the game, drop out and let his opponent play the CPU. This point total goes down by 1 point per minute in Q4, so if down by 24 with 9-10 mins, 23 with 8-9 mins and so on down to 17 points with 2-3 minutes left.

Raoul / Ben ??

As long as we're consistent about it that's fine by me.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Lads would anyone be interested in setting up a league with the actual teams?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

DROPPED GAMES

Raoul / Ben ??

i know im much less likely to be in the winning position, but tbh thats all much too much effort for me...

I probably couldn't commit the time...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭linebacker52

i would be is this for madden 12 or 13 would need to be starting it soon if its for 12

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

i know im much less likely to be in the winning position, but tbh thats all much too much effort for me...

Yeah i'm a little undecided on it myself.

Myself and McGs first game last season ended with me 14-0 at the start of the 4th and he was punting to me.
    He won the replay.
    I was disconnected in losing positions against McG twice in play offs, but was never going to come back so in those cases it made no sense to replay.

Another game I was winning I got disconnected in, the replay got disconnected when i was losing and then the 3rd attempt i won.
    So it balanced out.

But on the whole i think unless one user has a serious grievance that the the other person is disconnecting on purpose we should probably restart from scratch.

On a plus note I've had no issues myself since UPC got installed!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

i would be is this for madden 12 or 13 would need to be starting it soon if its for 12

Last year we did season 3 as a "Real Team" league with no CPU teams and whoever had the worst record in season 2 got first pick of teams,

We just played friendlies against one another, rather than doing a full franchise as we didn't have time for a full season, made it a lot more interesting as it was a human game every week,

adrian522 wrote: »
    Last year we did season 3 as a "Real Team" league with no CPU teams and whoever had the worst record in season 2 got first pick of teams,

We just played friendlies against one another, rather than doing a full franchise as we didn't have time for a full season, made it a lot more interesting as it was a human game every week,

CPU game much less of an issue this time, I think I only have 4 CPU games all season

• Registered Users Posts: 7,702 ✭✭✭Raoul

McG wrote: »
    CPU game much less of an issue this time, I think I only have 4 CPU games all season

Yeah but not everyone might have the time to do two leagues especially since we have already stepped it up to 3 games every 2 weeks. It could be an idea to do a short real league for teams that haven't made the playoffs.

• Advertisement

The thing about the restarts is its all very well to say simply restart except when you are say 14points up, in control of a game, then simply restart from scratch and then lose the restart. I have come accross guys being a tad bitter over those situations, especially when a playoff place is on the line. Better to remove any potentials of conflict before the arise.

As being too much effort if you are going to replay the game its no big deal to recreate the situation if you are replaying anyway.

I think its a very fair way. The guy leading has his lead back, the guy losing gets the benefit of all the additional time to make a comeback.

Raoul wrote: »
    Yeah but not everyone might have the time to do two leagues especially since we have already stepped it up to 3 games every 2 weeks. It could be an idea to do a short real league for teams that haven't made the playoffs.
    Great idea.

By the way in case of any of the new guys are trying to get friendlies and don't know as easy way to do it. Go to the first page of the Boards Franchise on Xbox. There you will be able to see a list of users online ( green ) and you can look at their gamercard to see if they are in a game and then message them to play a friendly.

Great idea.

By the way in case of any of the new guys are trying to get friendlies and don't know as easy way to do it. Go to the first page of the Boards Franchise on Xbox. There you will be able to see a list of users online ( green ) and you can look at their gamercard to see if they are in a game and then message them to play a friendly.

Can you play with franchise teams?

Can you play with franchise teams?

Think Berty just means it lets you see who is online that is in the franchise so that you can ask them for a regular head to head friendly.

Raoul wrote: »
    Tried to do this yesterday and it didnt work. Better success today though.

http://www.doodle.com/i93wtn5xxie2c84s#table

Think that those are our 6 options. Think we should do the poll until 5 today.

Just so this doesn't get lost in the thread and the people on tonight know about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Anyone up for a friendly?

If I'm not playing a franchise game at 7, I would love to then?

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Shane.C

I'll be on in 10 mins!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I'd definitely be up for a few friendly games at around 9:30pm if anyone wants?

Paully D wrote: »
    I'd definitely be up for a few friendly games at around 9:30pm if anyone wants?

Out for pints.. but may be home before then if i'm online i'm all for it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Online from 8:30 to 12 for a few games. Chicharito1014

Colts make it 3 in a row to go to 3-2 and stay atop the AFC South.

McFadden carries the team again with 210 yards and 2 TDs while Rivers makes 7/15 for 1 INT, 0 TDs and 142 yards.

Positives: Colts starting to move away from their over reliance on Vernon Davis with Mike Wallace making 4 receptions for 84 yards.
    Colts defence hold Browns to under 50 yards rushing and most of those came late in last quarter when Colts had a 2 score lead and were just trying to avoid the big plays. Colts defence also limit the Browns to a single score forcing a fumble, a turnover on downs and 2 interceptions.

Negatives: Safety Stevie Gregory out for rest of season. Rivers threw another INT and showed poor accuracy.

think I need a new hobby, took a bit of a beating there

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Just had a great friendly with berty, jets-chiefs, Jets won 27-24, Chiefs racing out to 17-3 lead off 2 big runs, then the jets scored 24 unanswered points, and with 3 minutes to go somehow left Bowe wide open for an 81 yard TD on a streak route. Nice talking to you berty.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Shane.C

think I need a new hobby, took a bit of a beating there

Were you the Dolphins in our friendly?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Saturday can be done possibly 9pm

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Jets (Berty) 24-6 Cowboys (Me)

The Cowboys took a 6-0 lead after the 1st Q and even only trailed by 1 at the half (7-6), but the Jets took control in the second half adding 17 points and holding Dallas scoreless.

On seeing the score it might seem like a poor defensive performance was to blame for the loss, but it was the opposite, as a whopping 5 INT's from Manning played a big part. In fairness even if it wasn't for them I probably still would have been beaten, it was a rude awakening playing someone as good as Berty after playing the CPU 3 weeks in a row :pac:

The Jets mixed the pass and run game well (105 rushing, 103 passing) with HB's Gore and Spiller scoring 1 TD each and Rodgers connecting with Hill for the other TD. Best on D for the Jets was ROLB Charone Sanders who contributed 4 tackles and 3 sacks, whilst Ray Maualaga and BJ Raji also came up big.

Cowboys offense was virtually non-existent with Manning's performance mentioned above, and Tolbert (who came up with 3 TD's and a couple of hundred rushing yards last week) was limited to 20 yards on 13 attempts. Larry Fitzgerald had one big breakaway run for 40 yards but that was about as good as it got. On defense, London Fletcher came up best with 3 tackles and the only sack of the day on Rodgers. Merriman also contributed.

Sione Pouha is out for 12 weeks with a broken collarbone and joins Bradshaw and Idonjie on the physio table.

Next up for Dallas is the CPU Saints, where they'll be hoping to get back to winning ways and stay in contention at the top of the division. Next up for New York is a visit to new member Copper_Pipe's Dolphins.

Thanks for the game Berty, you're a great player.

Shane.C wrote: »
    Were you the Dolphins in our friendly?

Ya man that was me

Yep Paully, good game. First half you kept my Offence in check until the very end of the half. In the end all the Ints were because you had to chase the game. You have some nice plays and the more games you play against humans you will really improve. Thaks for the great write up.

• Advertisement

Jags beat the panthers. going to be very tight in afc south this year i think

Advertisement