Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madden NFL 12

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,745 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

pudsy how about 10 tonight?

Should be good, see you then.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Raoul wrote: »
    Have a look at this thread: 27euro?
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=74149988

I can't vouch for that. I usually use cheapxboxlivecodes.com

Email it to you in minutes
    Yep normally use them.. used them but so far no code!!
    Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Should be good, see you then.

Cool pudsy will chat to you then

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

(asmosis7)RAIDERS-CHIEFS (cpu): The big rivalry
    First play of the game was a fumble by the Raiders on the kickoff return that no one was around to recover, eventually recovered by the Raiders.
    The Raiders punted, but Joseph Addai lost a fumble for the Chiefs.
    The Raiders stalled in the redzone and kicked a field goal. 3-0 Raiders.
    The Chiefs then worked it down the field for a score. 7-3 Chiefs.
    The Raiders went 3 and out and the Chiefs got the ball again, this time infuriating the Raiders coach.
    On 3rd and 15 around midfield Vince Young was able to run for a first down. Soon after he ran it all the way in for a 38 yard score, the Raiders missing 2 tackles on the play. 14-3 Chiefs.
    Schaub threw his trademark interception before halftime, the Chiefs got into FG range but had no time so kicked a field goal. 17-3 Chiefs.
    At this point the Raiders coach was absolutely livid with his teams performance. After 2 3 and outs the Raiders got the ball around their own forty, and Jones-Drew took it all the way after escaping many would be tacklers. 17-10 Chiefs.
    The Chiefs then gifted the Raiders reasonable field position when a fake punt pass was intercepted on 4th and 3 at the 40 (of course an incompletion would have been better as the receiver was there for the tackle). Here's where the insult to football starts. The Raiders didn't throw downfield or even run it. The vast majority of yards were collected on screen passes. Needless to say this shameful tactic worked, and in the end Schaub ran it in from 3 yards out. There was a scare when Jones-Drew appeared to fumble on the 3 but the Raiders challenged (that challenge prompt is great, no way I would've challenged). 17-17. 7:38 left in regulation.
    The Raiders got the Chiefs on 3rd and long around their own 40. Vince Young unleashed a bomb to the Raiders 5 yard line. Double covered, the cornerback and safety both tipped the ball into Burleson's hands. Hightower took it in a play later. 24-17 Chiefs. 3 minutes left.
    The Raiders continued their shameful tactic of screen passes, eventually scoring on a 2 yard MJD run. 24-24. 1 minute left.
    The Chiefs took over around the 20. A holding penalty on a 5 yard run pinned them back, and were forced to punt with 40 seconds left on 4th and inches. MJD could do nothing on the return. The Raiders again used screen passes to go down the field again and scored a field goal to put themselves ahead with one second left. The squib kick needless to say went nowhere. The Raiders won 27-24, but performances like that will not be acceptable against better teams.

EDIT: Stats:
    Schaub 15-19-185-0-1 1 3 yard TD run
    MJD 17-95-2, 185 yards receiving (only guy who caught a pass, Chiefs coverage was outstanding all day long)
    Ryan Pickett got 2.5 sacks and Peters got 1.5 sacks.

Seeing as we're talking about trading QBs, anyone interested in Ryan Fitzpatrick 82? I could use a RG/return man/ILB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭linebacker52

Bears 28 Vikings 14

The bears move to 4-2 with win on the road over the Vikings a close frist quater saw no score from either team the second was alot different with both Bowe and miller going in for td's

The only score in the third was also from Bowe from a short throw from Eli manning inside the five yard line to make it 21-0 bears Tom Brady hit back for the Vikings finding robiske wide open for a 48 yard score

The bears got the ball back and started to drive deep into the Vikings half when second round pick cornel walker broke free for a 42 yard td the Vikings added another robiske td this time from 61 yards to end the scoring

Key performers

Eli manning 215 yards 3 td 19 comp 20 AT&T
    Cornel walker 138 yards 1 td
    Dwanye Bowe 99 yards 2 td
    Richard Seymour 4 tack 2 sack

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭daflood

How is wednesday night? 7 or 8 o clock?
    daflood wrote: »
    Hey ET,

You can have alex smith Ovr 79 for a backup lineman (not fussy: guard or tackle). He is the best QB around that won't cost you anything!!

When you about for our game?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Just flicking though my messages on the dashboard and noticed a certain gamertag rizzo promised me advice in a PM that has yet to be received :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Just flicking though my messages on the dashboard and noticed a certain gamertag rizzo promised me advice in a PM that has yet to be received :/
    Chicaruto ! It's Jets Dolphins. Best for me is tonight @10 or Tuesday after 9:00

Berty44 wrote: »
    Chicaruto ! It's Jets Dolphins. Best for me is tonight @10 or Tuesday after 9:00

I shud be on at 10 tonight

im online now to play berty

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Ready to go Pudsy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Cowboys fall to a second defeat in a row after losing to the Saints 23-10.

Have to say that it felt from the very first drive that I was going to lose this one. 4 times on 3rd down Sanchez threw a long bomb to Houshmandzadeh and he managed to rocket catch even when double teamed, I don't want to sound like a sore loser, but that is ridiculous. I wonder if some of these CPU games are scripted? :)

Injuries have hurt my team badly, Tolbert is a shadow of the man who destroyed the Vikings a few weeks ago meaning I badly need Bradshaw back, and Pouha (DT) and Idonjie (LE) are also big losses in the D line.

Very frustrating night for Dallas :mad:

Paully D wrote: »
    Cowboys fall to a second defeat in a row after losing to the Saints 23-10.

Have to say that it felt from the very first drive that I was going to lose this one. 4 times on 3rd down Sanchez threw a long bomb to Houshmandzadeh and he managed to rocket catch even when double teamed, I don't want to sound like a sore loser, but that is ridiculous. I wonder if some of these CPU games are scripted? :)

Injuries have hurt my team badly, Tolbert is a shadow of the man who destroyed the Vikings a few weeks ago meaning I badly need Bradshaw back, and Pouha (DT) and Idonjie (LE) are also big losses in the D line.

Very frustrating night for Dallas :mad:

I hate when that happens too. I was playing the Saints in a random match and the guy was terrible but Colston kept on going up unchallenged and got huge yardage (luckily for me the other guy looked like he wanted to lose). Do you play secondary at all? If not and the receiver and defender(s) are waiting for is press b and then press y and your DB should make a good attempt at it.

Texans @ Titans
    Texans win the toss and elect to receive.
    The Texans make good progress in the air but then Cutler takes a big sack to leave a long 3rd but the Texans get to 4th and inches and just send it over the bar.

3-0 Texans with 3:30 in the first quarter.

Best.. on the the first play takes it 74 yard to the house going right up the middle

3-7 Titans

Texans make it to midfield but are forced to punt and they down it at the 7.
    The Titans try a pitch.. and almost give up a safety.
    The Titans on their 1 yard line hit Bush who gets to midfield before getting caught.

Titans are too ambitious and air it out and throw an easy pick.
    Then Cutler throws one of his own on the first play of the drive but the Texans D stands up and forces a FG
    3-10 Titans with just over 2:30 in the half.

Texans go to the air on a couple of drives but dont connect and then throw it deep and Lito Sheppard comes up with a pick and the end result is Best pounds it in with 10 seconds in the half.

3-17 Titans at the half

Titans receive... and Westbrook takes it all the way to the house for a 98 yard TD

3-24 Titans

The Texans eager to get back in the game.. throw a pick straightaway to Mathis.
    On the next play Best breaks a tackle to get over the line.

3-31 Titans

Cutler marches the Texans up the field very well and then hands off to Peterson who gets into the end zone far too easily.

Texans D does well an doesnt allow the Titans to move it on the ground.

Cutler is going very well and gets the Texans up to midfield and then throws a pick to Willis

The Titans looking to get a new set of downs hit Bush on a over middle pass and he runs it into the endzone.

10-38 Titans with 6:50 on the clock.

Cutler starts the machine again and throws a pass straight to Willis who drops it and then Cutler gets sacked and the Texans punt.

The Titans will look to run out the 5:38 on the clock..
    But cant and go to the air for a new set of downs and hit Bush again and then Leshoure goes over on a third down to keep the ball with the Titans

Titans run and then kneel out the game

10-38 Titans

Some Stats

Titans offense was 279 with 145 rushing
    Texans was 194 with 49 rushing.

McNabb with a QB rating of 101 4 from 7 attempts with 134 yards 1 TD and 1 Int.
    Cutler with a rating of 39 with 17 from 27 for 160 yards and 4 ints.

Best has another good game and gets 137 yards from 19 carries with 3 TDs (2 games this season getting a hat trick)
    Peterson comes in with 37 yards from 10 carries with 1 TD

Sam Smith leads the receiving corps with 61 yards from 1 catches follow by TE Scaife.
    For the Titans Reggie Bush comes in with 116 yards from 3 catches and a TD

Mathis again dominates defensively with 2 sacks and 1 Int.

Unlucky Pudsy, there wasnt a whole lot that went right for you out there today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Bengals look to get back on track at home and keep pace with their AFC North rivals, the Baltimore Ravens who lead the division at 4-2.

Kick-off to Jags, first play is a sack, second i s blown coverage by mindless DB and goes for a 88yd TD. Bengals go straight back and march the field with a running game that disappeared last week and finish with a 3yd TD run.
    7-7

Jags go three-and-out, then Bengals look like they have something going when Cam Newton throws one of his patented on-the-run picks. Jags drive a short 30yd field for a short TD pass. Bengals come back straight away and eventually score on clock-eating drive.
    14-14

Bengals get ball back with a INT by LOLB Peterson, and a short field with 2 minutes left. Managing the clock well, eventually scoring with 0:05 left on a short TD run.
    Half-Time: CIN 21-14 JAC

Start of the second half, the game changes as the Bengals try to run the ball and face a 4th & Inches on their own 35. The aggressive HC decides to go for it, Jags predict a run and stack the line.... Bengals run it up the gut with FB, he sees a small gap and breaks through for the first down.... and still no-one can grab him somehow.... the FB (speed 73) keeps going, going, and he is gone for a 65yd TD!
    CIN 28-14

Bengals go three-and-out, and Jags look like they might get back in it, but Bengals D eventually forces a punt. Drive back up the field, including some Cam Newton scrambles for first downs and one off-balance completion to Maclin. Newton eventually finds TE Hernandez for 4yd TD pass.
    CIN 35-14

Jacksonville is desperate now, a wild throw by Palmer finds the waiting hands of CB Buchanon who gladly takes it back for a 29yd pick-6.
    CIN 42-14

Bengals get the ball with little over a minute left, and the second stringers are on to run out the clock. Another 4th & Inches situation, ball handed off to HB Javon Ringer, who breaks outside for a 68yd TD run.
    Kick-off to Jags. Game ends on Jacksonville taking a sack looking for one last desperate play.

Final Score: Bengals 49 - 14 Jacksonville

Stats
    -Bengals generate 407 yards of offense; 327 rushing, 80 passing
    -Cam Newton improves (from a low base) to go 7/19, 100 yards, 1 TD/1 INT and also adds 48 yards rushing on 5 attempts

Weeks 12 & 14 loom for the Bengals-Ravens showdowns. A tough road between here and there though as the teams face:

(Wk) Bengals Opp Ravens Opp
    (7) Broncos 3-2 Cardinals 4-0
    (8) Bye Browns 1-4
    (9) Rams 1-4 Bye
    (10) Jets 5-0 Bills 0-4
    (1) 49ers 4-1 Texans 1-3

Jets beat dolphins.
    62-22
    Better all round player won
    My defense was a constant blitz
    Kinda embarrassed myself when questioned “Why did u go backwards" To which I replied “I got Scared"

Thanks berty for the advice

Have two friends interested in joining the league that are not on boards yet, will joon soon

• Registered Users Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭Raoul

Have two friends interested in joining the league that are not on boards yet, will joon soon

Great stuff! Get them over asap!!!! :)

Great stuff! Get them over asap!!!! :)

What convinced them was Berty was in the same party as them and Bertys knowledge and tips just lured them in

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Someone had said week advances on Monday, I'll be out the door of the house 1400ish tomorrow (today even..)and I'll be back on Irish Soil at about 2230 on Monday.

Dave, are you around for our game at some stage this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,367 ✭✭✭davetherave

adrian522 wrote: »
    Someone had said week advances on Monday, I'll be out the door of the house 1400ish tomorrow (today even..)and I'll be back on Irish Soil at about 2230 on Monday.

Dave, are you around for our game at some stage this week?
    Any time except Wednesday evening between 5 and 11ish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

McG wrote: »
    Just had a quick look at your team. You could do with a few moves before trade window closes (even before the Brees injury).

Downgrade your backups at C, HB and TE and get rid of one or 2 MLBs
    Upgrade at QB, DT and LOLB (although maybe you MLBs can slot in here ok).

You need to use what you've got to spare to try sort out QB and DT. There's definitely plenty of better QBs out there available so don't give up too much for one. You're strong at CB too so maybe there's something you can do there too to help fill in the gaps elsewhere.

EDIT: personally I have Ponder (QB 76) and/or Cody (DT 73) available for a CB or maybe your #2 TE or your #2 C

Thanks, but I'm ok at DT, picked up a monster rookie RE in the draft who plays at DT, and my MLBs play accross the LB positions. I've been happy with my defence this season. CBs aren't goin anywhere either.

Lads... i was going to post this last night but fell asleep.. but how are your new guys doing? both trades and draft?

Mathis has been awesome for me and Timmons is doing pretty well to.

I've deployed rookie CBs and they are doing pretty well in tandem with the more experienced ones.

Finley hasnt been what I expected so far but I put that down to my passing and the fact most of my games have been very wet and windy.

Reggie Bush is awesome and Best is a beast once he's able to get past the first tackle. He already has the same amount of TDs this season that he got in the entire last season.

My new WRs have been steady if not exceptional.

So all in all I'm pretty happy with my dealing in the off season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

Lads... i was going to post this last night but fell asleep.. but how are your new guys doing? both trades and draft?

Mathis has been awesome for me and Timmons is doing pretty well to.

I've deployed rookie CBs and they are doing pretty well in tandem with the more experienced ones.

Finley hasnt been what I expected so far but I put that down to my passing and the fact most of my games have been very wet and windy.

Reggie Bush is awesome and Best is a beast once he's able to get past the first tackle. He already has the same amount of TDs this season that he got in the entire last season.

My new WRs have been steady if not exceptional.

So all in all I'm pretty happy with my dealing in the off season.

My trading was mainly based around balancing my backups so no noticeable improvements anywhere. The stars are still Davis, McFadden, Urlacher, Wallace, Hall, Rodgers-Cromartie and (on his day) Rivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

etloveslsd wrote: »
    Thanks, but I'm ok at DT, picked up a monster rookie RE in the draft who plays at DT, and my MLBs play accross the LB positions. I've been happy with my defence this season. CBs aren't goin anywhere either.

didn't notice this before I replied to your PM. Let me know if you're interested in my counter offer but probably don't have much use for Philips at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Michael Bush is the new Thomas Jones, powerful runner. Though Jones is still missed :(
    However last year my entire offence went through Thomas Jones and this year my new QB Sam Bradford is doing a lot more

Fifth highest passing yardage, I was near the bottom of the league with McNabb last year.
    Sam Bradford also rushes and ran for a TD this week.
    It's a bit more balanced, last year was run, run and run some more

My Oline got upgraded, I didn't make any other high profile trades
    The young receiving corp got big ratings boosts, tall and strong Demaryius Thomas for my curl routes to the outside, Eddie Royal to burn down the field and Julian Edelman is a beast in the slot.
    They all compliment each other :)

In the draft I got my starting DT and a good MLB who would not be a starter on other teams but I'm weak at that position as James Farrior retired on me.

Got some good backup CB's later in the draft who don't start but have made a few special teams tackles.
    Also got a backup RG who won't be seeing any action and a third string TE

My best FA pickup was Jerrad Tarrant, backup FS who plays in nickel packages, he's decent.

My best player imo is SS Eric Berry who leads the team in tackles and is constantly blowing up plays for loss
    The CPU teams tend to dominate the tackle stats but Eric Berry is just outside the top ten in the league, not bad for a defensive back :cool:

My most serious issues are:
    I was second in the league for run D last year but it's been poor so far and teams are running over the Ravens
    Lots of stupid and needless picks, need to be a lot more disciplined and stop forcing it when it's not there. Redzone picks cost me the Seahawks game

• Registered Users Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭Raoul

No go wednesday at 7 or 8. I could do around 11.30? Are you about during the day at all?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Any time except Wednesday evening between 5 and 11ish.

could we go for tonight at 8?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

how are your new guys doing? both trades and draft?

Too early to tell if my team is shaping up the way I wanted, but the power-running game does seem to have improved a bit so have been pretty happy with my 4 new OL guys.

New WR Alexander seems pretty good, and rookie TE Hoppes has shown flashes in the 2 TE set, just need to get him more playing time or trade him or Hernandez and stick with one guy.

Very happy with my move to the 4-3 (despite game against the Titans) with new DT's Starks and Jones.

The big change; Cam Newton at QB is still a work-in-progress. Still have to work out his strengths and weaknesses on throws.
    10 picks in 6 games so far, most have been my own bad decisions but a couple were just awful throws by Newton and have had him miss a few wide-open throws. Just not very accurate (50% completion).
    Because of this am finding myself running with him more than I'd like, which hopefully will improve as the season goes on.

Very happy with trading activity overall, and optimistic.

Rookie RT has played very well for me, while WR Santez Beasley is a third round steal (2nd round center was used for trading). If I went deep more he'd put up great stats, very talented. As for trades, Pouncey and Allen have both played well, but I miss Timmons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭daflood

No I'm im not around during the day. I could do tonight instead, but still the earlier the better.

I could get home for 6.30 this evening if that helps?

No go wednesday at 7 or 8. I could do around 11.30? Are you about during the day at all?

Advertisement