Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madden NFL 12

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

Shane.C wrote: »
    If the league gets advanced tonight are the Giants(est) able to play tonight?

Sorry I didn't get ur message til now. I've the Falcons next. you must have a bye.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

adrian522 wrote: »
    I'm starting to worry now as I have the skins up next and I really despise Jacobs in this game.

Jacobs put up stupid yards on me last year too. on outside runs, he isn't fast enough to do that, but one on one with a CB, I fancy his chances

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Week 4 Jets beat out the Broncos (Daflood) 31-21 in a very well contested game.

Some things arising from this game:

We were well into Q3 with the Jets leading 13-10 when Daflood was kicked from the game for "excessive grieving" giving me the option of couting the game. It was a cracking game and still anybody's so only right that we restart. The "excessive grieving" does not mean anything wrong actually happened, it is a fault which has cropped up before, another EA screw up.

So what we decided to do ( don't think its actually in the rules but may be worth considering ). We restarted the game, we recreated the score difference ( Jets kicked a FG - up by 3 ), we recreated the balance of posession ( Broncos were punting to Jets ). So in reality we got back to where we actually were in the first game, but when only a few minutes gone in the game. ( If you do it this way the person who was winning can never have any complaints if they eventually lose the restart )

Second game turned really on one play. A kick off return for a TD by Sean Anthony. This brings up a point I made about individual attributes being important more than overall. This was a WR I picked up in Free Agency, just for returns. He is overall only rated 61 and but his attributes - Speed 95, Acc 95, Spin Move 96, Juke Move 94, Carrying 65 and Return 95 !

Daflood great addition to the league. Excellent player, really knows his stuff, especially on Defence and good to chat to. The AFC has another strong contender who will definitely be there come the business end of the season. Great game, I was fortunate to get the win.

Paully D wrote: »
    Berty,

When do you want to play our game? Just to give a few choices if they're any good:

I can do any time after 3pm tomorrow (probably the best day for me), any time before 6pm and after 10pm on Friday, more than likely can't do Saturday at all, any time Sunday after 6pm and Monday after 8pm.

Only thing is, if we play at 9pm or after on a weekday there's a chance I may not be able to mic up.

Cheers :)

Monday @ 8:30?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

AFC 24 - NFC 38 when it comes to wins so far this season. Not much shape yet to AFC apart from Berty sitting atop AFC East.... makes it exciting but I don't think I'm going to have the cushion to allow me make the playoffs if I have an end of season slump like last year.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Berty, I had the same issue playing Matthew8 in a friendly earlier in the week

Edit: Actually Berty that could be an idea on the restarts...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,703 ✭✭✭Raoul

What do you guys think about moving to the Games section?

I think that it would be better than our current home but still disappointed. Any of you friendly with the AF mods, I have pm'd them trying to get their support but not one of them got back to me.

EDIT - If we do move, I would like to encourage all member to have a link to the Madden 12 franchise in their sigs so that when we do post on the AF forum it will be a good advertisement.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

To be honest we'd be better off moving to League manager and leaving this thread for info but have all scheduling, trade talks, rules, discussion there.

Either that or create a load of threads on AF as there is feck all posting going on here especially at this time of year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Right so we've been told in forum requests we can reapply for a forum under the gamers catergory. Not the outcome we wanted sadly.

So we need to look at are options.

1. Status Quo , do nothing until we grow a little bit more and say before season 3 have another look.

2. Request a forum in the games forum for organization . However keep the Madden NFL 12 thread in AF. Use it as are general banter thread for the league. Maybe rename it Madden NFL General Banter ? (We need to get permission from Moderators of forum to allow this) This could be a compromise for boards strictness of it having to be in the games forum but allowing us to keep activity in the AF forum.

3. Create are own website or join a different website (We have options here)

Thoughts?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Raoul wrote: »
    What do you guys think about moving to the Games section?

I think that it would be better than our current home but still disappointed. Any of you friendly with the AF mods, I have pm'd them trying to get their support but not one of them got back to me.

EDIT - If we do move, I would like to encourage all member to have a link to the Madden 12 franchise in their sigs so that when we do post on the AF forum it will be a good advertisement.

I'll PM frisbee, I've played football with him a few times on the boards team and get his thoughts.

• Advertisement

Right so we've been told in forum requests we can reapply for a forum under the gamers catergory. Not the outcome we wanted sadly.

1. Status Quo , do nothing until we grow a little bit more and say before season 3 have another look.

2. Request a forum in the games forum for organization . However keep the Madden NFL 12 thread in AF. Use it as are general banter thread for the league. Maybe rename it Madden NFL General Banter ? (We need to get permission from Moderators of forum to allow this) This could be a compromise for boards strictness of it having to be in the games forum but allowing us to keep activity in the AF forum.

Thoughts?

I think I am against having a thread here and then having organisation over on the LM site. As that is what was meant to happen last year but not many people used the threads. You can't modify posts to change rules.

As for idea 3, I think we would be moving away from the idea of a boards franchise so I am slightly against that. We would just be another Immature Gamers really and we would find it hard to get new people on boards aswell.

Idea 1, I really think this thread is too cluttered.

Idea 2. I think this is the best idea and definitely something we should consider. Again I could envisage having some of the same problems of the LM site, as in people will just starting posting here to organise games instead of using the designated threads. But then again, it would be easier to point someone in the direction of the rules, hints, tips, restarts thread and so on. So I am all for this. I don't really see this as a comprimisation of strictness. We are all posters on the AF forum and I think it is easy to see we need a presence on the AF forum.

Idea 2 is the best solution for me. Anybody else got any thoughts?

Cheers Dave!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Idea 3 for me, just need to be more strict on what gets posted on boards. Not interested in posting in games as its the wrong place for this,

adrian522 wrote: »
    Idea 3 for me, just need to be more strict on what gets posted on boards. Not interested in posting in games as its the wrong place for this,

If it's Idea 3 i wouldn't recommend league manager, we can't grow there. I'd recommend IG Website. We'd have support from the Admins down to grassroots players. Not sure what are growth would be like there though.

I personally would go for Idea 2 though . I'd prefer it stay as a Boards league. This league after all is the BFL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I'm very very disappointed in that decision.

Thoughts?

Not sure of the benefit of point of #3 over #2 as either way we're gone from the boards.ie AF board. #1 is too messy, we really need to be able to create multiple threads.

As imperfect as it is, #2 would give us a board of our own and we'd just have to keep the old thread alive to make sure we don't miss out on potential new players. We could post standings after every game week or something just to keep it bumped.

I don't get the resistance from some of the posters in our request thread at all. We're a sub section of the AF board (I only come to boards.ie for the AF/Madden) and I don't see why we're effectively being pushed out.

Well another option would be to go with option 1 and create a few more threads, e.g, 1 for scheduling, 1 for trades and one for general discussion. If we did I reckon we can keep growing and it wont be quite as messy to arrange.

Though we will probably get resistance from the same people who were arguing against our request for a sub forum.

I really don't want to move to the games forum, we'd lose out on players and I think people would check in less often and we would have 3 places to check LM, AFD forum and games forum.

I'd be inclined to join one of the other IG franchises if there was room instead.

It is only 2 posters that had any objection to us going into the AF forum. We had over 35 people that were happy for us to be part of the AF forum and a lot of them some of the most regular posters in the AF forum.

The admin just don't understand it really and were never going to be convinced. They just think its a game, games section end of.:(

Edit - What if we could get the mods here to have a sticky thread pointing simply to the games section? That way, anybody that is on the AF forum and is interested in Madden would see it.

Think if we move to Games forum that would be end of any growth of league.

While I like Adrian's idea fo different threads I definitely see that as unfortunately getting us into trouble.

Another website is not really a goer. IG struggle to attract new players at near the rate Boards do. Better possibly to have a Boards Franchise sub-forum on IG but that is not ideal.

I think best solution is to do following:

Game Fixtures / Trades / Rules all on LM site -strictly enforced so anyone who tries to arrange a fixture / trade in the thread gets pointed in the right direction

Game previews / Game reports / General banter - stay in the thread
    NFL is over, Potential for more new members from now on not great.

If / when we get 32 members look at situation again.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Shane.C

yea you're right, sorry bout that.

Berty44 wrote: »
    Think if we move to Games forum that would be end of any growth of league.

While I like Adrian's idea fo different threads I definitely see that as unfortunately getting us into trouble.

Another website is not really a goer. IG struggle to attract new players at near the rate Boards do. Better possibly to have a Boards Franchise sub-forum on IG but that is not ideal.

I think best solution is to do following:

Game Fixtures / Trades / Rules all on LM site -strictly enforced so anyone who tries to arrange a fixture / trade in the thread gets pointed in the right direction

Game previews / Game reports / General banter - stay in the thread
    NFL is over, Potential for more new members from now on not great.

If / when we get 32 members look at situation again.

I'd rather not have to use LM, it's not a great board system (either that or I'm doing it wrong).

• Advertisement

Yeah, the actual discussion section on LM is awful. If it was good, I would have zero problems with moving over there and just keeping this thread full of chat.

Lads, I think it's very important not to go off on one on g'em she's a fairly new admin so we shouldn't be treating this as solely her decision, it is very much a boards decision and pi$$ing her off is not going to do us any favours.

I've Pm'd the AF mods, I think with their support (if they want us as a sub forum) we may have a bit of success getting a sub forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

How come the Fantasy forum got approval to be a sub forum then when that's only a tenth of the amount of activity we generate here? All seems very dubious. Id want any new forum to be a sub forum of AF here, it's a small community as it is wouldn't want to see it divided.

Lads, I think it's very important not to go off on one on g'em she's a fairly new admin so we shouldn't be treating this as solely her decision, it is very much a boards decision and pi$$ing her off is not going to do us any favours.

I've Pm'd the AF mods, I think with their support (if they want us as a sub forum) we may have a bit of success getting a sub forum.

Ye your right. Look at the "Mod" coming out in ya :pac:

Plus guys I dont really see a problem of having a forum in games for Fixtures/Trades/Trade Blocks.

Keeping the madden nfl 12 thread going in AF and just having banter/previews/reports here. Its an option.

The sub forum on AF is not a dead bird. Let's see what side the forum Mod's fall on as helimachoptor suggested.

Well she is not helping herself with some of her comments and her most recent comment seems to me a little patronising, given that is has been shown that there is zero interest in AF over there.

There is certainly a lack of understanding on the behalf of the admins but it doesn't seem like there is anything we can do about it.

I also think if they move the fantasy football forum that will also suffer for exactly the same reasons so I hop that doesn't happen.

Actually if you take out Madden and FF there will be feck all activity on AF at all, especially at this time of year.

Ye your right. Look at the "Mod" coming out in ya :pac:

Plus guys I dont really see a problem of having a forum in games for Fixtures/Trades/Trade Blocks.

Keeping the madden nfl 12 thread going in AF and just having banter/previews/reports here. Its an option.

The sub forum on AF is not a dead bird. Let's see what side the forum Mod's fall on as helimachoptor suggested.

If i got any special treatment for being a mod we'd be in our own forum by now!
    Ok guys, i think its pretty clear that we are going to the games forum and any more arguing is just going to antagonise the admins and we still need them to set up the forum!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

We could just set up one or two more threads here... Trading thread, fixtures thread(including unavailability) and match reports thread along with the general one we already have.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Berty44 wrote: »
    Monday @ 8:30?

Perfect, speak to you then :)

Yes we can, but honestly I think that'd pi$$ off the mods here and what would happen is they'd end up locking our threads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭davetherave

At the end of the day it is their decision.

If it comes down to a sub-forum in games which is likely, then I would nearly be more inclined to go ahead with a social group.

Advertisement