Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madden NFL 12

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

The Cowboys put another W on the board to move to 3-1 (3-0 under the new HC). The final score was Dallas 24-14 Minnesota.

Mike Tolbert stepped up to the plate big time here, as he contributed 250 yards of a total 347 yards on offense for 3 TD's. On this form there's certainly no guarantees that Bradshaw will walk back into the side when he's fit. Manning threw 2 INT's but completed 80 yards of passing on 6 completions, Brandon Gibson was his favoured target with all 80 yards being completed through him. He tried to hit Larry Fitz and Johnson twice and was intercepted both times so was reluctant after that, leaving Tolbert to take over with the run game.

On defense, Rocky McIntosh came up best with 5 tackles, whilst London Fletcher had 2 tackles and 1 INT, and Merriman, Franklin and Lawson all contributed too.

For the Vikings, Tom Brady hit 15 completions on 21 attempts, 1 TD and 1 INT for a total of 213 yards. Brain Robskie was his favoured target as he came up 126 receiving yards for 1 TD.

On defense, the run D was almost non-existent as they were constantly destroyed by the Cowboys O-line, although the pass D came up with 2 INT's and held the Cowboys to 80 yards through the air.

Dallas now stay at the top of the NFC East, whilst Minnesota suffered their 1st defeat of the season they stay atop of the NFC North for now at 3-1.

Up next for Dallas is their first human V human game against the Jets, the bookies currently have the Jets 964 point favourites for this game :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Well done Paully, certainly off to a good start.
    Hopefully you have the same success against the human players

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Some fairly accurate predictions there

Betting

Cardinals + 1/2

Home Field Advantage is usually +3 so the 49ers have shaved points off.
    There is value in betting against the spead in this one. The 49ers have the capacity to take an away win here, Whoever wins will be in the driving seat in the NFC West.

Narrow Cardinals win -- good call on the spread
    7/2 for 3 interception in this game is risky but has value. If both teams struggle to run the ball this will be an easy win. But if both teams ground and pound then say goodbye to your money

Nope - both ran the ball effectively and only 1 turnover, there were some fumbles recovered by the offense so pretty close here.
    10/4 - Both DeAngelo Williams and Jamal Charles to rush for over 100 yards. Both teams run the ball, but the defenses both stop the run. Worth a punt !

Yep, easy money, 154 and 185 yards respectively .
    7/1 Devin Hester to return a Punt or Kick off . Need i say more

No, never really close though he had 1 ok return.
    evens Adrian to cry if he's beaten :pac:

Again, easy money on this one !!!
    evens The Cardinals to go for it on 4th down at least once :pac:
    No going for it on 4th down for either team. Too risky the way the offenses were going.
    Until next time sports fans :cool:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

online now falcons

• Registered Users Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭Raoul

Stev_o, I am on now ready to play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Rams win!! Shut down the poor Steelers, really they were rubbish to be fair and I wasn't much better(picked the rams playbook which i don't normally use). Won it with a 49yrd field goal with 25 seconds left. I'm thinking I could easily be 3-1 rather than 1-3, if i'd kicked that field goal vs the ravens and the comp gave me the win over the giants i'd be in a tough battle with the 49ers and Cards. Instead i'm playing for 3rd at the moment. Still i'm over the moon win a win vs. CPU! 10-7

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

Colts go 2-2 in a rainy EverBank field and can go from worst to first in the AFC South if the Titans fail to win this week.

Rivers has a very poor game in the wet conditions (3/11 for 120 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT) but the Colts running game and defense steps up. The Colts rushed for 278 yards (4 TDs) behind another great performance from McFadden (179 yards and 3 TDs) and the defense came up with 4 interceptions and limited the Jags ground game to a total of 59 yards.

All 3 of McFadden's TDs came in the last 6 mins of the game when the Colts were just trying to run down the clock. It was a tight game till the first interception thrown by the Jags at the end of the first half; Rivers connected with Davis for an 88 yard TD on the very next play.

Falcons @ Titans and the Titans kick first.

Falcons are forced into a 3 and out and punt it away.

The Titans get some good progress and then a pass meant for Finley is picked off.

On the first play the Jackson takes it 50 yards on a run play.

On the second play of the the Titans possession, Leshoure takes it 74 yards for a TD

The Falcons get the ball and are forced to punt it away and the Titans fair catch it at the 29 yard line.

The Titans make good progress up the field mixing it up in the air and on the ground.. but try a quick pass on a blitz and the D line comes up with an int.

The Falcons then go deep and it gets picked off but it doesnt benefit the Titans who are forced to punt it away with 3:08 in the half.

The Falcons bash it in with 17 seconds in the half.

7-14 Falcons at the half.

Titans receive in the 2nd half and end up punting.
    The Falcons get towards the Titans redzone.. and throw an int. The defender cant do much with it though.

The Titans cant make it out of their red zone and have to punt it away with 51 seconds in the 3rd left.

The Falcons throw through the centre but dont have the receivers to catch and end up punting.

The Titans move up the field and after a false start penalty of the defense end up having to go for it and 4th and get it.
    The Titans have to settle for a FG though so its 14-10 falcons with 3 left.

The Titans kick off, the Falcons throw a backward pass and end up on 2nd and 17 and they dont connect on the 2nd attempt..
    On their 3rd pass.. its sent low over the middle and its picked off.
    The Titans get called for a delay of game penalty but hit Best who brings them up to the 6 yard line.
    Best takes the toss and runs it in.

14-17 Titans with 2:18 left.
    the Falcons get a FG with 0:04 left.
    17-17
    OVERTIME!!!!!

Titans recieve and throw an int and thats game

20-17 Falcons

The Stats

Titans offense was 316 with 155 on the ground.
    Falcons was 298 with 178 on the ground

3rd down conversion was poor for both teams 20% Falcons to 33% Titans
    Mcnabb with a QB rating of 21 (again) Romo not better on 31. Both with 3 ints each. The rain really not helping either team.

Jackson had 138 caries on 18 attempts with 2 TDs
    Leshoure had 128 yards on 13 attempts with 1TD

Finley comes up with 94 yards on 6 receptions
    Austin leafs the Falcons with 65 yards from 3 receptions.

Good chatting Falcons and good win.

Titans ground game is really struggling...

Stevo, I am kicking you from the franchise for unnecessary roughness. Desean is out for ten weeks. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭notyalc666

Thanks Heli. great report. You were unlucky in OT, good chatting to you to.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Ravens and Niners meet for the first time in this Madden game
    They were 1-1 in the last Madden game

Niners send a stern warning to the Cardinals that the division is not settled and it will be a long and bitter race with a blowout win tonight

Despite the score the Ravens D wasn't that bad, forced three FG's in a row.
    And they only gave up one TD all night

Sam Bradford with an early pick on a screen pass and fumbled the ball after making a nine yd run. I'm not entirly sure what happened on the fumble but the challenge failed, ruled a fumble

Devon Hester, you are ridiculous :eek::cool:
    Ravens coach can't remember the last time they gave up a return but got blown away by Devin Hester tonight with a kickoff and a punt return.

Not a lot to say after that, Niners just taking it conservative, controlled the clock and battered up the field, Jamaal Charles with a fourth quarter TD

That's it realy, just got outclassed

Ravens special team coach has been sacked and attempts are being made to tempt the Broncos ST coach ;)

Ravens and Niners are now both 3-1 and sitting well in their divisions

Ravens have finished their fourth straight human game, two CPU games now next,

Nice talking to you Adrian, good luck for the playoffs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Second week in a row with three TD's for Darren McFadden, he'll be league MVP the way he's going

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Second week in a row with three TD's for Darren McFadden, he'll be league MVP the way he's going

Forte says GTFO with 8 TDS in 3 games.

played 2 offline games with the same team.. just cannot buy a win these days :(

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

Giants 23 - 13 Dolphins

Welcome to the NFL Adrian Clayborn - 7 tackles, 5 sacks, 4 forced fumbles, 1 Touchdown.

The second year end has people in New York saying who is Robert Mathis? The star end was traded to the Titans in the off-season for Terrance Knighton and a 1st round pick that turned into OJ Morgan (Haloti Ngata Jr. we like to call him). Put alongside them Mario Willaims and that is a fairly formidable defensive front.

We forced 7 fumbles but they recovered 5 of them. Only 1 INT though (too many sacks). Campbell fumbles 3 times on their opening 2 drives, one was for a safety, to quote Danger Dave...."BOOM!!!!"

I know it was a cpu game but still 7 fumbles!!!

Revis got beaten by Dieon Branch in man coverage....with safety help!!! WTF!! He is human after all, which set up one of thier tds

Brees threw 3 INT, 2 were my fault (bad passes, 1 magic linebacker - Landshark Ray Lewis) 1 was Greg Littles inability to stay upright. Brees also fumbled on a playaction on the Dolphins 10 which was returned.

Mendenhall had 150 yards on the ground. Meecham was knocked out of the game, forgot to check how long he is out for. If anyone is on Xbox could you check for me, I won't get a chance to check myself until Saturday.

Need to play in some nice weather to get Brees goin. all this rain in New York is getting to him. I call the Saints in Madden 13, get me some dome action

You can check on the madden website how long he is injured

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

damn bye weeks!! :(

Raoul wrote: »
    You can check on the madden website how long he is injured

Thanks, just checked. He has Dehydration and is out for 4 weeks....What?

Lash a drink into him and man up, what bull, still it's better than a broken collarbone

Dehydration? :confused:

Eh...what is the story with Madden loving broken collarbones? It seems to be the most popular injury to get.

I know I lost Tomlinson during the run in last year and couldn't run the ball. Dave (Bills) lost Arian Foster in week 1 to one. It's mental.

Thats what I thought happended last night, he got hit pretty hard by the safety, I guess he knocked all the fluid out if him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,367 ✭✭✭davetherave

Bengals @ Browns:

Cam Newton returns to his old stomping ground in this AFC North Matchup.
    1st Quarter:

Cincy receive the kickoff and fumble it on the return but recover the ball.

Pierre Garcon breaks 6 tackles and gets a 1st down.
    And Newton makes 24 yards on the ground on a 3rd down play.
    They then get a man open in the corner of the endzone who makes a dubious catch which the officals rules a TD, but I can't challenge it.
    7-0 Bengals.

Browns are driving well after a good kick return but it's picked off. Browns defence holds them to 3 though.
    10-0 Bengals.

2nd Quarter.
    Browns go three and out and punt it away to the Cincinnati 23 yard line.
    Then the Bengals have to punt it away.

James Starks with a huge 40 yard run sets the tone for the Browns possession. Good runs, good passes and then it's picked off in the end zone. :( 6 yards out, Shockey was wide open after a curl and Bartell just dives a good 6 yards to snatch it out of mid air getting himself injured in the process.

Bengals get cheeky and try to throw it deep against this Browns secondary....b!tch please....that ball is getting user picked all day long.
    James Starks tackle breaking ability comes in handy again shaking off three defenders on a 35 yard gain.
    22 seconds left in the half.
    Shockey picks up a first down, then we flase start.
    Browns go for a 57 yard FG against a 14mph headwind but it is just under the crossbar.

10-0 Bengals @ HalfTime.

Starks breaks the century mark with 104 yards on 10 carries.
    Then instead of running it, which is working, the browns pass it and it's picked. One of those passes that you know is going to be picked as soon is it is thrown.

Bengals drive well up the field but three consectutive sacks mean they try a FG.
    End of 3rd Quarter.
    The Field goal is up...and no good, off the left upright.
    Browns get it at their own 40 yard line.
    Another outstanding run by starks and a good catch by Shockey gets the browns into the redzone.
    Play-action.....and it's in the endzone TD Jeremy Shockey!
    Feely trots out to kick the xp.....and it's good.
    10-7 Bengals with 6:18 left to play in the 4th.
    Cincy return the kick to the 29 yard line, and the return man gets injured. Over to our sideline reporter Ollie Williams; "Ollie how is Bartell holding up after getting injured from his interception earlier in the game." "HE GOT BROKEN RIBS!" "Thanks Ollie".

Back to our game. Browns make a critical 3rd down stop and the bengals have to punt it away.
    Browns return it to the 26 yard line.
    Madden Commentator: "And as they come back out onto the field what do you expect them to do to repeat the success of their last drive."
    Me: *Somewhat like that cereal-eating rage comic guy.....ummm run the ball maybe?

This time it doesn't work....and I'm facing a 4th and 4 with 3 time outs and the 2 minute warning wondering if I should go for it or not.
    Go for it..and doesn't make the down marker. BALLS BALLS BALLS!!!
    It's all good though....they miss a field goal after going 3 and out.
    Cleveland ball at the 49 yard line.

No need to go deep, plenty of time, have my time outs. See an open man pass it his way and it's picked off and brought back for six.
    Sean Smith is the culprit this time.

17-7 Cincy.

This time we do need to panic so we go 5 reciever set deep ball and it's picked off. I really did think that it was going over the top and to my man but alas apparently not.
    Cleveland do the nice thing and kneel the ball.

Browns go 1-3, not the start that they were hoping for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

etloveslsd wrote: »
    I know I lost Tomlinson during the run in last year and couldn't run the ball. Dave (Bills) lost Arian Foster in week 1 to one. It's mental.

Thats what I thought happended last night, he got hit pretty hard by the safety, I guess he knocked all the fluid out if him

Thats funny! Ever have anyone out with turf toe? I did in my off line game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Playing in another franchise the guy I'm up against has the following O-Line

LT LG C RG RT
    89 91 97 94 81

His HB is rated 88.

I think it may be difficult to stop the run :)

Could be worse, could be playing Raul who goes a 2 back set with CJ2K and McGhee which completely messes up any sort of defensive alignment you have.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056536024&page=4

Hi lads.. some good news.. our forum request is heading upstairs for further review.

Doesnt mean its definite but a good sign I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

Browns go 1-3, not the start that they were hoping for.

You've got me and my super streaky Colts (2-2) up next! From memory this is how I've done since week 14 last season LLLWWWWLLLWW

adrian522 wrote: »
    Playing in another franchise the guy I'm up against has the following O-Line

LT LG C RG RT
    89 91 97 94 81

His HB is rated 88.

I think it may be difficult to stop the run :)

He's just been involved in a trade, part of that was trading away his 91 rated LG for Carl Nicks -- rated 96.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,367 ✭✭✭davetherave

McG wrote: »
    You've got me and my super streaky Colts (2-2) up next! From memory this is how I've done since week 14 last season LLLWWWWLLLWW

Just so you know, I'll be away from friday until monday morning so whenever the week advances keep in mind that you won't catch me before then :o

Stev_o wrote: »
    Could be worse, could be playing Raul who goes a 2 back set with CJ2K and McGhee which completely messes up any sort of defensive alignment you have.
    It was working great until I thought that you had lined up wrong and that I could get that pass off to my TE Mills (you also injuring gronk!!).

Word of advise to anyone playing Stevo, RUN!!! He has a phenomenal amount of receptions already this season. I threw two against him. Both of them were plays I am extremely confident with and having my timing down right. First one was to Desean Jackson so it wasn't his fault, great pick!! Second was to my TE mills, I do believe that if Gronk was there that it wouldn't have been a pick and I would have went on to win the game.

You found your running game in the last quarter and it really turned the game even more in your favour after the pick. GG.

Disgusting note - I had to change my tee after that game it was so dramatic, frustrating and heartbreaking.

• Advertisement

Lead the league in interceptions over a 3 game period with 11 with Patrick Peterson grabbing 5 so far.

Advertisement