Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Ireland Final Tickets? *** Mod Note Post #1 ***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

will be the biggest ever crowd from kerry at a final i think.
    What's the biggest ever crowd from Kerry at a final?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Bluetonic wrote: »
    What's the biggest ever crowd from Kerry at a final?

im talking more about the amount of people that will travel up more than inside the grounds, ,we will probably have about 18,000-20,000 inside the stadium i reckon and then the dubs will have about 50,000 with the rest being neutral. ive been to 11 all ireland finals and i dont think any of them would touch this one in terms of demand, going off the sheer interest ive seen so far since the semis.

sure the semi in 2007 was apparently the highest demand for a kerry game ever, i think we brought 17,000 to that game. i saw lads that day at the game, that ive never even seen at the local football pitch and thats saying something in kerry.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭blackbelt

indeed, always the case. dublin will be looking for 100,000 tickets, yet where was those fans back in march and april.

i hope the 5,000 to 10,000 genuine dubs fans get sorted first anyway.

Thank you very much.I did get sorted and I didn't even have to think about it since the final whistle last Sunday.:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭bm1993

Looking for 1 football final ticket please.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

im talking more about the amount of people that will travel up more than inside the grounds, ,we will probably have about 18,000-20,000 inside the stadium i reckon and then the dubs will have about 50,000 with the rest being neutral. ive been to 11 all ireland finals and i dont think any of them would touch this one in terms of demand, going off the sheer interest ive seen so far since the semis.

sure the semi in 2007 was apparently the highest demand for a kerry game ever, i think we brought 17,000 to that game. i saw lads that day at the game, that ive never even seen at the local football pitch and thats saying something in kerry.
    Ah grand, just was wondering what you were comparing it to. Seems it's just instinct over recent experiences and there is actually no way of measuring it which might have be interesting.

I honestly can't see a large number of people travelling up from Kerry without a ticket.

• Advertisement

Bluetonic wrote: »
    Ah grand, just was wondering what you were comparing it to. Seems it's just instinct over recent experiences and there is actually no way of measuring it which might have be interesting.

I honestly can't see a large number of people travelling up from Kerry without a ticket.

well i expect about 30,000 + to come up from kerry, put things into perspective, as i said already, in the region of 40 tickets in my club and 160 looking to go. we will get a second allocation but i would expect most to come up with or without a ticket. alot of people form kerry dont get many days out ;).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭mcgarry098

any genuine gaa fan would never charge more than face value for a ticket.. Back in 2006 me and my dad went to all the matches but ended up with no tickets for the final so i ended up walkin around dublin 3 hours before the game with a sign. about less than an hour before the game a kerry man(and i was from mayo) came over and gave us two tickets at face value for the hogan stand.

Will never forget that, fair play to him. It is easy to see how you'd be left without tickets for the final though as both times i was at one it was unbelievably hard to get, same for the famous match against the dubs :P

mcgarry098 wrote: »
    any genuine gaa fan would never charge more than face value for a ticket.. Back in 2006 me and my dad went to all the matches but ended up with no tickets for the final so i ended up walkin around dublin 3 hours before the game with a sign. about less than an hour before the game a kerry man(and i was from mayo) came over and gave us two tickets at face value for the hogan stand.

Will never forget that, fair play to him. It is easy to see how you'd be left without tickets for the final though as both times i was at one it was unbelievably hard to get, same for the famous match against the dubs :P

theres really some amazing people in ireland and that will never change. 100,000's of really genuine people. unfortunately, theres also a huge amount of w*nkers in this country, who have no affiliation to sport, only that they can make a quick buck from it. i have a feeling that alot of people, will look to get their hands on tickets and try to sell at inflated prices.

i deal in alot of tickets especially in soccer and not once have sold a ticket at inflated prices. what goes around comes around and ive never had to pay a cent more than face value either. i had a spare for a game a few years ago and lads were offering £600 for tickets and i seen on lad hand over that much. a young lad who id never met before was asking around the pub for tickets and it was his first time, but he couldnt afford to pay the prices being asked. about 15 minutes before the game, i gave him my ticket at face value and he was in tears with joy..you cant beat that!

f8ck the touts, i hope everybody who needs one, gets sorted....2 weeks to go, cant wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭barney4001

Listening to the hurling final yesterday the commentator mentioned that the gate was just over 81,000 ,i got to thinking what receipts would add up to,taking an average of 50 euro a head comes to over 40 million euro ,i do not know the price the tickets actually were though it could add up to a big lot more

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

barney4001 wrote: »
    Listening to the hurling final yesterday the commentator mentioned that the gate was just over 81,000 ,i got to thinking what receipts would add up to,taking an average of 50 euro a head comes to over 40 million euro ,i do not know the price the tickets actually were though it could add up to a big lot more

You have to take into account, premium level and corprate and also childrens tickets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭hanleyc2

ANXIOUS wrote: »
    You have to take into account, premium level and corprate and also childrens tickets.

It actually comes to just over 4 million, not 40. The GAA wish!!! :D

barney4001 wrote: »

somebody wasnt very good at maths in school me thinks...the gaa could stuff an ounce of cocaine along with every ticket and they still wouldnt make €40million.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Qwerty27

Attendance yesterday was 81,214 while crowd at Dublin v Donegal was 81,436 so should have been handy enough to pick up a ticket yesterday if you were looking hard enough and in the right palces around the city

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭King Cantona

One ticket needed for Senior Final. Please PM me if available.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭Tiocfaidh Armani

hanleyc2 wrote: »
    It actually comes to just over 4 million, not 40. The GAA wish!!! :D

They would make more than that. Stand tickets were €80 and there are 8,000 premium/corporate to offset the fact that 13,000 terrace tickets were priced €40. They would easily make €6 million and to add to that programmes, food/drink and booze, they make a fecking fortune on All Ireland day.

BTW, still looking for a straight swap for Hogan Stand (lower) ticket for Hill 16 ticket. Long shot and all but don't care about extra €40 it cost me, really wanna be on the Hill.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭hanleyc2

They would make more than that. Stand tickets were €80 and there are 8,000 premium/corporate to offset the fact that 13,000 terrace tickets were priced €40. They would easily make €6 million and to add to that programmes, food/drink and booze, they make a fecking fortune on All Ireland day.

BTW, still looking for a straight swap for Hogan Stand (lower) ticket for Hill 16 ticket. Long shot and all but don't care about extra €40 it cost me, really wanna be on the Hill.

I meant the maths comes to just over 4 mill, not the actual income on the day! I'm sure they make a pretty penny

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭useeme

Qwerty27 wrote: »
    Attendance yesterday was 81,214 while crowd at Dublin v Donegal was 81,436 so should have been handy enough to pick up a ticket yesterday if you were looking hard enough and in the right palces around the city

Tickets were available at face value from the touts yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Qwerty27 wrote: »

Yeah there seemed to be plenty of spare tickets for sale by genuine supporters yesterday.
    I walked up to croker from near fagans pub and counted 5 people waving tickets in the air for sale at face value.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Looking for one (or two :p) AI final tickets, drop me a PM if you're getting rid :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭granturismo

The Examiner reported today that there were plenty of tickets for the Hurling All Ireland at 'pre-final GAA events in kilmacud and Sillorgan on Saturday'.

Does anyone know what these events are? Are they held every year?

thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

The Examiner reported today that there were plenty of tickets for the Hurling All Ireland at 'pre-final GAA events in kilmacud and Sillorgan on Saturday'.

Does anyone know what these events are? Are they held every year?

thanks

Yeah its the kilmacud hurling sevens comp. Handy place to pick up tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

Ye held every year, The all Ireland sevens? Never hear of it?
    Club teams from all over Ireland play seven a side in a Feile like tournament.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭granturismo

Rochey18 wrote: »
    Ye held every year, The all Ireland sevens? Never hear of it?

Yep, I heard of it but not as a 'Prefinal event'.

Any idea of what the Stillogran 'event' was? Is it just one of the venues for the All Ireland 7s?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

this is dublin vs kerry its manchester city vs manchester united its rangers celtic. yesterdays match was tipp vs killkenny its manchester united vs everton you would pick up a ticket. you wont come across a ticket for face value you will have to pay 300 quid to go watch it unless you know someboyd

everybody wants a ticket to dublin kerry. so stop using yesterdays match as an example its a terrible one/

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Qwerty27

Lads dont know what the 7s are or where they are held are really showing their lack of GAA knowledge yet still expect some stranger on here to offer them a ticket for the final...highly unlikely Id say.

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Sorted , see you next week .;)

sharkman wrote: »
    Sorted , see you next week .;)

You are indeed a legend my friend:) Have the mother sending me meteor credit so will bell you before the weekend.

To anyone reading this I live in Scotland so can't buy meteor credit over here incase people think that sad case getting his auld ma to buy his credit for him:D

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

No Problem , Thanks for the exchange . As much as he would love to I couldn't see my old man standing on the hill @ 79 .

sharkman wrote: »
    No Problem , Thanks for the exchange . As much as he would love to I couldn't see my old man standing on the hill @ 79 .

With the amount of scumbags in the Hill I wouldn't recommend it:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭MANUTD99

Lads

Does anybody have any links for competitions that are running tickets prizes for the final. Most of my options are dwindling at this stage!!

Advertisement