Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Ireland Final Tickets? *** Mod Note Post #1 ***

Options
  • 25-08-2011 1:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

hi im looking for two stand tickets to all ireland hurling final. i go to all local and inter county games. if u can help me please contact me Pat

Mod Note:

This is to the be the only thread looking for All Ireland Tickets, any other threads will be deleted. I don't condone the selling of tickets on boards and would recommend either adverts.ie or toutless.com for tickets, but if you feel you must post on here for a ticket, do it here.

Also, anyone looking for above face value for a ticket will be banned for 1 day for each euro over the asking price they are looking.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

Good luck with that.

On a serious note, where have you been getting tickets for all the intercounty matches you go to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭hisholinessnb

Said it on another thread, if you really do go to all the games you must be crazy not to get a season ticket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 liveforhurling

get involved with your local club pay your subs and you should get your allcoation of tickets...no problem
    i am involved in my local club but when there is only 180 tickets to cover 350 members its impossable and my two kids want to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭hisholinessnb

I wouldn't be so sure about the club getting you tickets for a final. They get small fractions of the number of tickets they get for other games so even people who get all tickets through the club get left out come the final. That's why I, and most other club members I know prefer the season ticket option.

Good luck with that.

On a serious note, where have you been getting tickets for all the intercounty matches you go to?
    crowds are down so much this year there is no problem getting tickets on match day but all ireland final is different.

• Advertisement

crowds are down so much this year there is no problem getting tickets on match day but all ireland final is different.

Well you have your lesson learned now. Always get your tickets off the club when possible. Therefore when AI final day comes around youll be one of the first in line to get a ticket. Have you contacted your club yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Not true. There is rarely enough tickets to go around, even if you have been getting tickets from the club all year.

If you go to Dublin on the day you'll get them. However this may not be practical depending on how old the kids are - especially as many of the tickets going on the day will be for the Hill.

Well you have your lesson learned now. Always get your tickets off the club when possible. Therefore when AI final day comes around youll be one of the first in line to get a ticket. Have you contacted your club yet?
    as i said in an earlier thread we only got 180 tickets for 350 members. need extra tickets for my two kids. too young for hill 16. 14 and 13 yr old

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Royal Seahawk

as i said in an earlier thread we only got 180 tickets for 350 members. need extra tickets for my two kids. too young for hill 16. 14 and 13 yr old

How are they too young for the Hill?

Well no offence, but you have 4 posts and all of them are relating to you wanting tickets for your kids. I dont think anyone here with a spare ticket will be rushing to give it to you.
    My only advice is to ask around people in your club who might end up not being able to make it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭The Maverick

i am involved in my local club but when there is only 180 tickets to cover 350 members its impossable and my two kids want to go.

180 tickets for 350 people seems like a really good allocation. As has been said, your only option is to ask as much people as you can or try in pubs on the day. The chances of getting 3 tickets together is very slim though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,846 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

The season ticket is designed EXACTLY for people like yourself who travel lots but loose out when it comes to a final due to lack of pull or whatever. Its only 75 euro for all league games plus the first championship game. And a tenner for kids. Great value, fantasic even.

Bit late now, but you are guaranteed tickets for all games up to and including the all ireland final. And your kids also have guaranteed tickets for the Final too.

So all in all, far better than relying on a club who doesnt have anough tickets for all its members.

And for the championship games up to the semi you even get a fiver off each game. Its a bonkers deal, and made EXACTLY for dedicated fans like yourself. Even if theres "no problem" getting a ticket for games, youre saving money by being a season ticket fan

http://www.gaa.ie/tickets-and-merchandise/tickets/gaa-season-ticket/price-and-payment/

Anyhow, live and learn.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭william

How are they too young for the Hill?

Any advice re bringing a kid (12 year old) to Hill 16 - presume he would be ok there?

william wrote: »
    Any advice re bringing a kid (12 year old) to Hill 16 - presume he would be ok there?
    Ya youll be grand, just stand away from the eejits, theyre usually at the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,967 ✭✭✭Big Ears

The season ticket is designed EXACTLY for people like yourself who travel lots but loose out when it comes to a final due to lack of pull or whatever. Its only 75 euro for all league games plus the first championship game. And a tenner for kids. Great value, fantasic even.

Bit late now, but you are guaranteed tickets for all games up to and including the all ireland final. And your kids also have guaranteed tickets for the Final too.

So all in all, far better than relying on a club who doesnt have anough tickets for all its members.

And for the championship games up to the semi you even get a fiver off each game. Its a bonkers deal, and made EXACTLY for dedicated fans like yourself. Even if theres "no problem" getting a ticket for games, youre saving money by being a season ticket fan

http://www.gaa.ie/tickets-and-merchandise/tickets/gaa-season-ticket/price-and-payment/

Anyhow, live and learn.

That's all well and good for people who are in Ireland for the league games, but for those of us who go to college in Britain, it doesn't do much good. I've been to all Tipperary's U21 and Championship games this year, and also a couple of Intercounty games that didn't involve my county. Yet at this moment in time I see people declaring on Facebook that they have a ticket for the All-Ireland, when not only have they not gone to an Inter-County game all year, they have also not watched some of the games on tv just due to pure lack of interest :eek:

If people want to talk about getting them through my club, the club I used to play for is a 30 min drive from me, and I'm not really associated with them anymore, and the club in the town I'm in........well I never played for them having no positive or negative feelings towards them, so it wouldn't feel right to become a member of it. My 'involvement' with GAA is through the University Gaelic Football team, which I refounded and am chairman of, as well as putting hard work training the men and women's team throughout the year.

A friend of mine came up trumps last year, getting more tickets than necessitated from his club, but there's no guarantee of that again this year (infact probably not as he hasn't paid his club membership). Anyway I'll travel to Dublin, I'll even pay over the odds if really necessary, so I'll probably (hopefully) get a ticket........I suppose this is more of a rant really at there being no system in place for someone like myself to be assured of a ticket, I mean I would go to league games and all if I was at home. But then again my situation probably isn't that common, a lot of people studying in Britain are still affiliated to clubs at home. It is what it is :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Season ticket has to be scanned at games and once you have over a certain percentage of attendance you qualify for championship tickets. I have seen "absentee" scanning, ie you get someone who doesn't have a season ticket use yours to get the percentage up.Not saying it's right..of course or that you should...

As to this year, if you start asking soon enough you'll be ok, Don't know how someone can say they have an All Ireland ticket already.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

I was the chairman of a college gaa team and every club in the world got 2 tickets to the final. So i took them for my hard work during the year. Do the same..
    Big Ears wrote: »
    That's all well and good for people who are in Ireland for the league games, but for those of us who go to college in Britain, it doesn't do much good. I've been to all Tipperary's U21 and Championship games this year, and also a couple of Intercounty games that didn't involve my county. Yet at this moment in time I see people declaring on Facebook that they have a ticket for the All-Ireland, when not only have they not gone to an Inter-County game all year, they have also not watched some of the games on tv just due to pure lack of interest :eek:

If people want to talk about getting them through my club, the club I used to play for is a 30 min drive from me, and I'm not really associated with them anymore, and the club in the town I'm in........well I never played for them having no positive or negative feelings towards them, so it wouldn't feel right to become a member of it. My 'involvement' with GAA is through the University Gaelic Football team, which I refounded and am chairman of, as well as putting hard work training the men and women's team throughout the year.

A friend of mine came up trumps last year, getting more tickets than necessitated from his club, but there's no guarantee of that again this year (infact probably not as he hasn't paid his club membership). Anyway I'll travel to Dublin, I'll even pay over the odds if really necessary, so I'll probably (hopefully) get a ticket........I suppose this is more of a rant really at there being no system in place for someone like myself to be assured of a ticket, I mean I would go to league games and all if I was at home. But then again my situation probably isn't that common, a lot of people studying in Britain are still affiliated to clubs at home. It is what it is :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,226 ✭✭✭howiya

General ticket query, i've heard that rugby clubs charge an administration fee on international tickets. Do any GAA clubs do the same for intercounty games?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,846 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

Nope.

The tickets are 80 euros and that goes via club and county board with no admin fee at any stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,967 ✭✭✭Big Ears

ANXIOUS wrote: »
    I was the chairman of a college gaa team and every club in the world got 2 tickets to the final. So i took them for my hard work during the year. Do the same..

Any chance you could pm me the process for doing so ?, if so I'd greatly appreciate it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 dave107

Hi could anyone tell me when Ticketmaster or Gaa,ie are putting the tickets on sale for the Final this year. Thanks ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭wicklowwonder

tickets only on sale via clubs or county boards for All Ireland Finals

• Registered Users Posts: 46 dave107

Better book my seat in the PUB so ha ha.. not in a club the kids are a bit to young to start playing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

160 euro through ticketmaster this year nto missed one game

but will miss the final due to the county bored disgrace of a country

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

Join a club and support the GAA...shut up moaning.
    And at Dave107 why not join your club maybe as a social member? Not sure all clubs have this but they are really cheap and lets you get tickets from that club.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Royal Seahawk

Rochey18 wrote: »
    Join a club and support the GAA...shut up moaning.
    And at Dave107 why not join your club maybe as a social member? Not sure all clubs have this but they are really cheap and lets you get tickets from that club.

Not every member of a club is going to get tickets for an All Ireland Final.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Temp Barry

Not every member of a club is going to get tickets for an All Ireland Final.

Not even half the members of every club will get a ticket (probably a helluva lot less than half)

I guess there'll be a draw in our club, so need to make sure I'm at least in it!

I've a much better chance of getting two for the hurling, but if I do I might try and find someone to swap for the football.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Temp Barry

howiya wrote: »
    General ticket query, i've heard that rugby clubs charge an administration fee on international tickets. Do any GAA clubs do the same for intercounty games?

There are plenty of clubs around the country that charge an admin fee for tickets they distribute. Usually around €2 per ticket I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,029 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

I am not a member of a club nor so I have a season ticket for my county (I live too far away from it to make it worth it) but I have never failed to get a ticket to the 4 finals they have been in in the last 15 years.

If you are a follower of your county they you will be able to get a ticket, but you have to work for it.
    E-mail everyone you know and ask them, tell all your friends, family, work colleagues, teachers, fellow students that you are looking for one.
    Trawl the pubs and hotels of Dublin on the night before looking for one.
    Be in and around Croke Park at 9am the morning of the final and ask everyone you see if they have a spare.
    If you really want to get to the final you will, but only if you really want to.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

but1er wrote: »
    160 euro through ticketmaster this year nto missed one game

but will miss the final due to the county bored disgrace of a country

I know it's a bit late now but for next year you should invest in a season ticket.

Advertisement