Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Ireland Final Tickets? *** Mod Note Post #1 ***

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭Tiocfaidh Armani

I'll buy one. Involved in Juvenile hurling myself and know how hard it is to fund raise for a trip. Incidently wouldn't mind winning the tickets also. pm me details.

Some rich whore has already bought them saving me the bother of doing the draw which suited me fine:)

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭RJunior

LFC5Times wrote: »
    Received mine this morning (Wednesday), I sent the Parnell Pass form with a cheque over last week to the DCB.

So I take it we go to pick up our ticket for the Final on Tuesday?

Yeah got mine yesterday Wednesday as well. Fiona said it'll be mad on the Tuesday morning with queues. Said they're open til 7pm. Presumably there's no risk by leaving it later in the day. My understanding is that there's a ticket guaranteed (regardless of what time on Tuesday you pick it up).

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭duchalla

Hi,

I've a Hill 16 ticket that I'm looking to swap (plus €40) for a stand ticket,
    PM me if interested.

Cheers,

Duchalla.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭LFC5Times

RJunior wrote: »
    Yeah got mine yesterday Wednesday as well. Fiona said it'll be mad on the Tuesday morning with queues. Said they're open til 7pm. Presumably there's no risk by leaving it later in the day. My understanding is that there's a ticket guaranteed (regardless of what time on Tuesday you pick it up).

Can you pick the ticket up from the GAA Ticket Office on Dorset St or just Parnell Park?

The cards are certainly a bit flimsy aren't they?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Liver06

duchalla wrote: »
    Hi,

I've a Hill 16 ticket that I'm looking to swap (plus €40) for a stand ticket,
    PM me if interested.

Cheers,

Duchalla.
    I would be interesred.i have a canal end ticket in exchange for a hill 16.thanks in advance.

• Advertisement

Liver06 wrote: »
    I would be interesred.i have a canal end ticket in exchange for a hill 16.thanks in advance.

I cant send pm as im new to the site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Daz_07

Liver06 wrote: »
    I cant send pm as im new to the site.

Click on the username and a list of options will come up. PM is 2nd or 3rd down...

Cheers but will they recieve that as i dont have the required 25 posts?

LFC5Times wrote: »
    Can you pick the ticket up from the GAA Ticket Office on Dorset St or just Parnell Park?

The cards are certainly a bit flimsy aren't they?

Pretty sure it's GAA Ticket Office on Dorset Street.

Yeah cards aren't great. Not bothered mind you, just delighted to be getting a ticket. Roll on the 18th!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 bohsmug

I have 2 tickets for the Cusak stand. Looking to swap for 3 hill tickets (or anywhere) so the aul lad can go with his two sons....

EDIT: pm me if you can be of any help :)

• Advertisement

bohsmug wrote: »
    I have 2 tickets for the Cusak stand. Looking to swap for 3 hill tickets (or anywhere) so the aul lad can go with his two sons....

Folk looking to swap for more the amount of tickets they have are taking the pee regardless of where the seats, or not in this case, are.

Folk looking to swap for more the amount of tickets they have are taking the pee regardless of where the seats, or not in this case, are.

Or else just trying their hardest to go to a game with the same people they always go with. No harm in trying every avenue possible. If I had that attitude I'd have never got any tickets lad. Three hours ago I had no tickets. Was I taking the p*ss trying to get the two I got this morning???

Ridiculous!:cool:

Or else just trying their hardest to go to a game with the same people they always go with. No harm in trying every avenue possible. If I had that attitude I'd have never got any tickets lad. Three hours ago I had no tickets. Was I taking the p*ss trying to get the two I got this morning???

Ridiculous!:cool:

If ya can get them good on you just you obviously prefer being on the Hill or a straight swap is fair, anyone who hands over another ticket when they're doing you the favour is a mug!

I'd take the straight swap and then continue the search for a third ticket alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭howiya

RJunior wrote: »

Took Tuesday off work to queue for the ticket. I'd have the same understanding as yourself but just want to get the ticket in the hand and have that box ticked off

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

It is good to see a lot of people have gone for the Parnell Pass. For those of us that have one, we can tell you it is good value. Be sure to use it for the club matches and the league to get the real value, not just for a guaranteed final ticket. It runs until next May, so right up to the end of the league.

The pass is flimsy, but you'll have it in one of those credit card slots of your wallet most of the time, so that doesn't matter. When you go in, they'll ask you for the number, and they'll have it with your name on a list, which they'll tick off. There are Stand and Terrace passes, which are different colours, and are changed each year. So there is no chance of getting a seat if you only have a terrace pass, or using an out of date pass. There are still a limited amount of people who have a Parnell Pass, so there won't be huge queues at the ticket office. As there are no general sale tickets, there won't be as many people queueing as there would be during earlier stages of the championship. Even then, they have separate windows of Parnell Pass holders and people getting the general sale tickets. "Most" people who have one are good fans, not the bandwagon/sunshine supporters that create huge queues. You are guaranteed a ticket, so just pop along at some stage during the day. You can even collect tickets for friends, or get them to collect yours, to save on the queues or having to go. A little co-operation goes a long way.

The pass is strictly one ticket per pass for the final, but although the one ticket per pass applies all year, you can ask for several tickets earlier in the year, so you can get tickets for friends, relations, visitors etc. so they can sit with you if it were stand tickets you are getting. They are a little more flexible on that than they used to be. They realise now that they will sell more tickets. Otherwise you would end up buying your Pass ticket at one window and then have to go to another window to get a general sale ticket, which was farcical. The two tickets would not be together. Gladly they've seen sense and allow pass and general sale tickets together now. Also, if someone is away for a match, you could borrow their pass and get a ticket for a friend. Be careful about touting tickets though. You do not want to lose your pass. This year, it has for the first time shown its true value. See you in the queues next Tuesday lads. :D

Got this email today:

[FONT=georgia,serif]Dear Parnell Pass Holder,[/FONT]

[FONT=georgia,serif][/FONT]
    [FONT=georgia,serif]You can purchase your All Ireland Football Final ticket from The GAA Ticket Office, 53A Lower Dorset Street next Tuesday 13th September from 10am to 7pm and from 10am to 5pm on Wednesday 14th September.[/FONT]

[FONT=georgia,serif]Please ensure to bring your pass and I.D with you - if you are not collecting your own ticket please ensure that the person collecting has your Parnell Pass with them.[/FONT]

[FONT=georgia,serif]One Pass = One Ticket, unfortunately there will be no extra tickets available.[/FONT]

[FONT=georgia,serif]Holders of a Stand Pass are entitled to a Stand ticket only and Terrace Ticket Holders are entitled to purchase a Hill 16 ticket only.[/FONT]

[FONT=georgia,serif]Stand tickets - €80[/FONT]
    [FONT=georgia,serif]Hill 16 - €40[/FONT]

[FONT=georgia,serif]Thank you for your support throughout The Dublin Spring Series and the Hurling and Football Championships in 2011.[/FONT]

[FONT=georgia,serif]Kind Regards[/FONT]
    [FONT=georgia,serif]Dublin GAA Ticket Team[/FONT]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭roosh

not as long as the overall price is the same

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Truck

Wexford GAA are running a draw to win tickets
    http://www.allirelandticketsdraw.com

20 Tickets up for grabs and €10 to enter? Might be worth giving it a go! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭longpuck

hi im looking for two stand tickets to all ireland hurling final. i go to all local and inter county games. if u can help me please contact me Pat

Mod Note:

This is to the be the only thread looking for All Ireland Tickets, any other threads will be deleted. I don't condone the selling of tickets on boards and would recommend either adverts.ie or toutless.com for tickets, but if you feel you must post on here for a ticket, do it here.

Also, anyone looking for above face value for a ticket will be banned for 1 day for each euro over the asking price they are looking.

I just want to make a point that adverts.ie is not a great place to get tickets just my view on it

• Advertisement

Truck wrote: »
    Wexford GAA are running a draw to win tickets
    http://www.allirelandticketsdraw.com

20 Tickets up for grabs and €10 to enter? Might be worth giving it a go! :rolleyes:

any idea when the draw is?

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Truck

roosh wrote: »
    any idea when the draw is?

Hi Roosh,
    The Draw is on the Friday evening before the match and winners can collect tickets from then on.

Truck wrote: »
    Hi Roosh,
    The Draw is on the Friday evening before the match and winners can collect tickets from then on.
    cheers truck!

I nearly have the price of a ticket spent entering draws, but sure I entered anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 clubmayo

We are holding a draw on Thursday evening for two tickets - you can enter online at www.eventelephant.com/clubmayo

It is only €10 to get your name in the hat.

No need to attend the draw - we will e-mail the result to everybody taking part on the night.

It's worth a shot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 KlausMause

2 face value tickets required for all ireland football final.

Along with paying for the tickets I'm willing to offer free video production services at any time within the next 12 months - ideal for all type of events including weddings/communions etc and worth up to 1000 euro in value. Includes 1 full day of high definition video filming (up to 10 hours), along with free editing and delivery of a DVD. Show reel available.

I want to bring my father to the match who has been following the Dub footballers since the 1950's.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 romunn

I have 1 stand ticket (Cusack Stand Lower) looking to swap it for Hill 16 ticket for the All Ireland Final. Just a straight swap not worried about the €40 difference. Thanks.

I have my own tickets sorted now. But I'm still trying to pick up some for a few others. Does anybody have any tips/tricks to make sure you don't pick up fakes? Can you trace tickets with the GAA? (Doubtful)

I'm guessing there were no e-tickets printed for this. I've already had one person offer me a printout. :rolleyes:

romunn wrote: »
    I have 1 stand ticket (Cusack Stand Lower) looking to swap it for Hill 16 ticket for the All Ireland Final. Just a straight swap not worried about the €40 difference. Thanks.

I should hopefully have a ticket for the hill, will be finding out for defo tomorrow. I'm being charged €80 for it though, so if you fancy doing a swap I will.

I might be able to get a few tickets for the hill if you are still looking.

I've been onto a lad who says he has a couple, but he's looking for €80 for each one. He said he might have one or two more, and that he'd know tomorrow.

I said I'd take the two off him - obviously not keen on paying twice the price - but we can try and arrange something if you're still looking.

• Advertisement

If that's karl_flech on toutless I'm pretty sure he's conning you. He's giving out someone else's mobile number.

Advertisement