Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lifehacking pics - Simples.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,643 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Also just generally always cover your hand when typing in your pin even if no one around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

Use tinfoil to make AAA batteries work where AA are required

main-qimg-8b1c4a2f4d1a534180fe1060f365570c.webp

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,491 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

442118.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Obviously not an Irish person. Any Irish person in their right mind runs away from wooden spoons!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,491 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Unless THEY are holding it! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,376 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Use tinfoil to make AAA batteries work where AA are required

main-qimg-8b1c4a2f4d1a534180fe1060f365570c.webp
    This works if you are competent and know the risks. But you risk short circuits, especially if you put in big balls of it like the photo above.

Not sure if the ones in the photo above are further apart than normal. If the device is moved they obviously risk shifting out of place.

Sanyo%20MGR59%20Battery%20Compartment.jpg

You know those plastic bags you get in Lidl and other supermarkets for putting your fruit and veg in? Specifically, those with handles like these:

779843212_338.jpg

They're so full of static it usually takes ages to open them, and they're very annoying. Well, I discovered that the easiest, fastest way to open them is to work on the handles and not on the centre of the bag. Two seconds at most and you're good to go, as opposed to be spending ages doing this.

(45 seconds in, approx.)

I still haven't found a solution for the other kind, unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,114 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

New Home wrote: »
    You know those plastic bags you get in Lidl and other supermarkets for putting your fruit and veg in? Specifically, those with handles like these:

779843212_338.jpg

They're so full of static it usually takes ages to open them, and they're very annoying. Well, I discovered that the easiest, fastest way to open them is to work on the handles and not on the centre of the bag. Two seconds at most and you're good to go, as opposed to be spending ages doing this.

(45 seconds in, approx.)

I still haven't found a solution for the other kind, unfortunately.

Blow on the end with the gap.
    Done.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,114 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Or lick your fingers

Except that sometimes neither will work first time, but the handle thing seems to.

• Advertisement

funny-finger-milk-fedding-puppies.jpg

funny-dog-anti-scratch-cone-cowboy-hat.jpg

funny-door-auto-closer-slippers.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,852 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

tumblr_inline_ov6toetVKT1sazta9_500.jpg

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

tumblr_inline_ov6toetVKT1sazta9_500.jpg

Or you could just use an actual backpack.

'cause that's the whole point of this thread. :rolleyes:

I'm kind of disappointed you don't have a cushion lifehack to share.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭dball

• Registered Users Posts: 5,845 ✭✭✭daheff

Dramatik wrote: »
    Ever bought a pair of shoes but they turned out to be slightly too big and you were unable to return them for whatever reason. Take an insole out of an old pair of shoes an put over the insole of your new pair to make them a smaller fit.

I know I'm responding to an older post, but there is a product out for this.

Shoesizers.com

can reduce shoe size by 1/4, 1/2 or 3/4 of a size.

poqqfezgwsam17.gif?imageId=21985348

I think this could be considered a lifehack ad honorem. :D

1059.-Danielle-Lei.jpg?w=500&ssl=1

• Advertisement

458669.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

Looks like a fantastic way to smoother a child.

461861.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 24,295 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

A personal favourate of mine. Any it nearly always works:
    elevator-buttons.jpg
    If you're in a lift and don't want to stop to let people on, hold the door close button and the floor you wan't to go to button at the same time.

must try that

Smart.

463001.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 24,295 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Kat1170 wrote: »
    Got soft hands ???

97m1sn818h9z.jpg

what on earth is in that frying pan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭masculinist

Be cool if there were more of these

runG9.jpg

more of these ? Do we have even one of those ? If so please let me know where it is . Id definitely use and support it. Id even also agitate for more of them especially in my local park.

k7twwvsezy.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,852 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

9Ygl0Uw.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,885 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

That specific mountain viewer one is genius.

Advertisement