Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lifehacking pics - Simples.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

8653_e835_500.jpeg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

6390_67b4.jpeg

:o

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

More Boy Scoutish/Survivalism than Lifehack, but close enough.

378663.jpg

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

When you have kids, or drunk people.
    494285.jpg
    It's a dad-lifehack.

• Advertisement

Well, there's an idea... :/

494368.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

New Home wrote: »
    Well, there's an idea... :/
    Sign of the times when some millennial thinks suspenders doing their actual job are a lifehack :pac:

Sure, 'cause that's how suspenders should be attached - to your t-shirt... and "strategically placed" on one single point at the back. Still, thanks for shaving a good, good few years off my age by calling me a millenial. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭dohouch

When you have kids, or drunk people.
    494285.jpg
    It's a dad-lifehack.

How elegant,

but then have used the hammer more than once for quick hack.:rolleyes:

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

Sure, 'cause that's how suspenders should be attached - to your t-shirt... and "strategically placed" on one single point at the back. Still, thanks for shaving a good, good few years off my age by calling me a millenial. ;)
    Well, I was calling the person who made the meme the millennial. But yeah, that's exactly how suspenders should be attached :confused:

They are clipped on to his jeans, not his t-shirt. And they aren't "strategically placed", thats where the back clip goes.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTgw9yqiUz1gk14Xj-B63VgbA2__WkLf_EY2mu_UiVSpJQ--fdarGQNfhN93A

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ_n26uaRQOcD6Qtt0fmkDr8WzG3ePv83kRkt97j4larZYNbIp9Og

• Advertisement

Then I need glasses. And I was thinking of these kinds of suspenders anyway. But I take your point.

DI5100_BK_FR.jpg?sw=1563&sh=2000&sm=fit

JJsuspenders-men-suspenders-1.jpg

Then I need glasses. And I was thinking of these kinds of suspenders anyway. But I take your point.
    ]
    Well the second one you posted has one strap at the back too - at messy of you need

• Registered Users Posts: 22,003 ✭✭✭✭Esel

^ Not getting it?

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

Esel wrote: »
    ^ Not getting it?

Need to click on the Imgur link below the photo as it's actually an MP4 video.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Esel wrote: »
    ^ Not getting it?

I thought maybe it was just me...

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users Posts: 22,003 ✭✭✭✭Esel

SuperS54 wrote: »
    Need to click on the Imgur link below the photo as it's actually an MP4 video.

That blows. :)

Not your ornery onager

498096.jpg

0964_ae2c_700.jpeg

But... where would you put the junk that usually goes in there, like blunt scissors, plug adaptors, sellotape, freezer bag ties, broken off crayons, fuses, etc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭Liamalone

But... where would you put the junk that usually goes in there, like blunt scissors, plug adaptors, sellotape, freezer bag ties, broken off crayons, fuses, etc?

I'd be more worried about it being a fire hazard!

Well, that too. :) Still cool, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Just get one of these https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B075Q5N624?psc=1&ref=yo_pop_mb_pd_title

I have one and it’s great. Keeps all the cables in one place and you can charge several devices from one plug. Very handy to bring on holiday as you only need one adapter. Plus it’s less of a fire hazard than that drawer idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,625 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

0964_ae2c_700.jpeg

I have a drawer like that, but just use really long USB cables which go to a standard USB plug in the wall behind the shelving. The USB plug can take 4 USB cables.

The wires are drawn in through the back of the drawer.

Probably illegal, but it's a good tactic, anyway.

500230.jpg

Liamalone wrote: »
    I'd be more worried about it being a fire hazard!

If it was above the counter, would you still worry?
    I don't think the hazard aspect is any different.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,037 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Mellor wrote: »
    If it was above the counter, would you still worry?
    I don't think the hazard aspect is any different.

I'd say arguably the hazard is increased having them all into a single device which has a single socket...

Anyway, it wouldnt really tidy up much unless you get yourself a bunch of nice short cables....

GreeBo wrote: »
    I'd say arguably the hazard is increased having them all into a single device which has a single socket...
    Separate sockets would be in the same circuit so still the same. Most people probably don't realise how many of their electrical are sharing power.
    That kettle and toaster combo :eek:
    Anyway, it wouldnt really tidy up much unless you get yourself a bunch of nice short cables....
    Agreed. Plus everything is doing wireless anyway.
    Tables, sofas, notebooks all have it integrated now.

Grow your own shade

500236.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

^ That's all well and good if you're in sunny Summer Bay or frying in Fla.
    But in 53oN un-sunny Ireland what you really want is either zero-cost GPS sun tracking garden reflectors...

/ Or this orb concept, which can even use magnified moonlight to charge the smart car during the nighthours.
    During the day it could probably boil a kettle in second, or heat the outdoor swamming pool in an hour.

XSAOtpw.png
    http://www.alternative-energy-news.info/spherical-sun-power-generator/

Advertisement