Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paddypower and Crystal Palace Drama

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

I guess we will just have to wait until Friday (maybe?) to see if the funds are processed to my CC/Bank account. I will post Screenshot if they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

ft9 wrote: »
    Eh?
    They told me they put my account back to €0 as a gesture of good will but then said this when I asked if I could keep the money I withdrew:

[FONT=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial]Thank you for contacting Paddy Power Customer Support.
    [/FONT]

You were incorrectly credited winnings due to a blatant price error in the Crystal Palace v Crawley match yesterday.

As per our rules we voided these bets and settled them at the correct price, which however left you with a negative balance of €1067.56.

As a goodwill gesture we have brought balance back to zero.

I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

The conversation I had with live help told me im getting paid ,
    However i didnt save this conversation or session id number anyway to pull it back up ?

Anybody

• Registered Users Posts: 54,004 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I just want friday to come ffs :(

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJackAttack

Withdrawn money is ours..owever, if you did not withdraw money I sincerely doubt you will be receiving any gesture

• Advertisement

Anybody

no

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Anybody

No I dont think you can pull it back up, but I wouldn't worry, if they ssaid you will get it you will.

I can't imagine them going back on it, prob too late now anyway as the money should be well on its way to being processed.

I would expect funds in bank tomorrow evening or Fri morning

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

It seems that different CS staff are sayin different things to some people

Anybody think the money we withdrew that all we will get is the correct price . Could be sneaky way by Paddy Power

Iv enough of this thread tbh :D

Back friday lads :D

• Advertisement

Anybody think the money we withdrew that all we will get is the correct price . Could be sneaky way by Paddy Power

No you will be paid in full if they said so I would think

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Anybody

Your only hope is maybe your browser history.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,037 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Just for the record i emailed 'Off The Ball' on Newstalk twice today about the whole situation. Be interesting to see if it gets a mention on tonights show. Also waiting on a reply from customer support over my outstanding balance which they have effectively nicked off me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

you all went into a negative balance as you didn't have the money in your account to cover it, I did have the money in my account to cover it so they took it out of that. but seen as they rest your thing to zero then surely i should get the money back as it is practically the same thing???

They never say full amount though , they say bet was corrected to correct price and money withdrawn is ours

They never say full amount though , they say bet was corrected to correct price and money withdrawn is ours

Yes they did, theyve confirmed many times on live chats that amounts withdrawn are ours

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

Just received an email back from customer services, told to bugger off again. I'll upload it later when I get to a computer. They aren't denying giving the gestures out by the way.

baraca wrote: »
    you all went into a negative balance as you didn't have the money in your account to cover it, I did have the money in my account to cover it so they took it out of that. but seen as they rest your thing to zero then surely i should get the money back as it is practically the same thing???

The difference here is they were able to take yours back, not people who withdrew it.

Its not a goodwill gesture at all there just saying that as fcuk all they can do.

Ok ,
    Just a thought that Paddy Power could be sneaky on us

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJackAttack

Ok ,
    Just a thought that Paddy Power could be sneaky on us

Hardly? In the sense of 60c profit due to -2 bet or something?

• Advertisement

true , im just hoping for the best but expecting the worst

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Palpable error lads.

I'd expect the "goodwill gesture" to be that your accounts are limited to peanuts.

This is the email i got from them.

ncident ID: 671344
    Hi Martin,

Thank you for contacting Paddy Power Customer Support.
    Our rules state: 'We cannot allow for mistakes, nor accept responsibility for any errors or omissions in respect of the announcing, publishing, or marking of prices, runners, times or result, despite every effort to ensure their accuracy. Paddy Power reserves the right to correct any obvious errors'

With regards to goodwill gestures in the past these do not affect whether we will apply a goodwill gesture in the future. If Crawley had beaten Crystal Palace your bet would have been settled as a losing bet, however, as Crystal Palace did win your bet was settled at the correct price. The decision on this will stand. I apologise for any inconvenience caused.
    If you have any further queries please click here to avail of our Live Help
    Kind Regards,
    Daniel Chaplin
    Paddy Power Customer Service

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭panthera

people are being ridiculous here.ye are dealing with bookmakers.it was a glaring error and its covered in their terms and conditions.and people crying because they didnt get a free payday.grow up lads, ye all knew what a mistake it was but ye tried to take advantage.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭colly_06

If Crawley had beaten Crystal Palace your bet would have been settled as a losing bet.

:rolleyes:

So easy to spot those that are raging they weren't on!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭unitedrover

panthera wrote: »
    people are being ridiculous here.ye are dealing with bookmakers.it was a glaring error and its covered in their terms and conditions.and people crying because they didnt get a free payday.grow up lads, ye all knew what a mistake it was but ye tried to take advantage.

Agree. Doubt this game would have attracted the same level of betting interest without the odds error.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭unitedrover

ft9 wrote: »
    So easy to spot those that are raging they weren't on!

PP should have text us....our odds are wrong. Everyone get on

Its the fact that some got paid out and others didnt. Read the thread.

• Advertisement

Ok fair enough if they came out and say no but they said to us live help , we are getting the money as goodwill gesture ?

Advertisement