Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paddypower and Crystal Palace Drama

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

ft9 wrote: »
    Derek you were not told 2 different things.

Your getting confused over the negative balance being removed.

What happened is,

-You withdrew your winnings.

-PP couldnt stop this so lets say you won €500, the only way they could gain a payback is by making your acc -€500

-They then realised you were never realistically going to deposit this back, so as a ''goodwill gesture'' brought it back up to €0, so they won't loose a customer.

Thanks for that, it just confused me cause when I asked if the withdrawal money would be goin into my bank, they didn't give me a straight yes or no answer like they gave others.

I appreciate you clearin that up, fair play.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Keano!

Anyone gonna keep their eyes peeled on the handicap betting for Bristol City v Swindon tonight? :D

Anyone who withdrew ANY amount...then saw their balance got to a - (minus) figure, and then go to 0 (zero) can expect to receive their money. Simple

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

Keano! wrote: »
    i used a visa debit card... and cash is coming to me

So how do they differentiate between me and you? Apart from the amount?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

You started it all! Prob their way of saying fcuk you!

Ah seriously though I dunno, maybe they just managed to catch your payment in time?

Its sh!t that everyone else is gettin it, Im sure a few of us will send you a small token through Paypal when our money comes through.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

Ah seriously though I dunno, maybe they just managed to catch your payment in time?

Its sh!t that everyone else is gettin it, Im sure a few of us will send you a small token through Paypal when our money comes through.
    +1 (or +2 :p)
    I think this is a great idea and it would be only fair!

• Advertisement

Only thing I can think of is I took out separate amounts to try and look less suspicious....

Sorry man, I can't give more of an answer. :( Really... because the more people who get money from this the happier I am because it means more are taking from Paddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

I withdrew no more than 10 seconds after half time and full time so this is not the case. Why me and everyone else is ok?
    How did you withdraw? Maybe there was a delay in the withdrawal process process for you that others didn't experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Derek! wrote: »
    Do you think theres any hope for me?
    I was told different things by 2 different CS staff
    What ft9 said. If you got the negative balance followed by the €0.00 resetting it looks like your home and hosed.

Derek! wrote: »

+1 (or +2 :p)
    I think this is a great idea and it would be only fair!

Lads I really appreciate the thought, but there are other causes out there more important so by all means, send somethin to charity. At this stage all I want is to see Paddy Power crash and burn, by whatever means it takes.

Lads I really appreciate the thought, but there are other causes out there more important so by all means, send somethin to charity. At this stage all I want is to see Paddy Power crash and burn, by whatever means it takes.

I think we've all been wanting that for years and our attempts to do it have failed :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

Did you have money in your account after you withdrew from the Palace match

Did you have money in your account after you withdrew from the Palace match

Me? No, zero balance. The acc was fine and then was suspended till I got onto live help this afternoon.

Havent a clue mate , thats pretty ****ty so
    Only thing is that yours was the 1st one they found and stopped it ??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Has anyone that didnt withdraw there money last night been in touch on live chat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 JackCrack

Me? No, zero balance. The acc was fine and then was suspended till I got onto live help this afternoon.

Have been following this thread with interest. From what you've said and from what others have said it seems the difference so far in your case is that your account was suspended and others weren't.

So my question would be did anyone have their account suspended by PP and are still getting paid?

As so far the people that are getting paid seem to follow the pattern of getting a negative amount and then getting reset to zero with no suspended account. Its just a small detail that may lead to an answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Their Moneybookers withdrawals take under an hour normally. Anybody get paid via that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Dear oh dear, feel sorry for the guy responsible, he's probably signing on as we speak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Lads what the latest, are we gona get our money, I see my account has gone back to 0.00 from 55 euro which i hadnt withdrawn!!

Why oh why didn't you withdraw?

Until I see that money in my hand im still very sceptical that we will receive funds ...

• Advertisement

Why oh why didn't you withdraw?

Well i did withdraw 400e just after half time in the match but left some in as i was planning a late night gambling session which never materialised!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

I'm catching up from last night. I'm missing from about 9am to now, so have a lot to read.

I'm on page 26 now, and it looks like those who withdrew keep the money, and those who didn't are told "tough sh1t". Am I getting the right idea here?

I'm delighted for those who withdrew, but seriously pissed that I've had 900 euro taken from me when others have 1000's in their accounts now.

Until I see that money in my hand im still very sceptical that we will receive funds ...

I'l bet you €100 you will

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Check your account.
    I had this in a message from PP:

As you've no doubt already noticed, we screwed up royally during last night's Crystal Palace v Crawley Town Carling Cup game. We made a huge error with one of our prices and although it's within our rules to claim palpable error and take the money back, we're doing the decent thing and letting you hang on to the cash.

We've written it off, given the staff member involved the obligatory flogging and the upshot of it is the money is all yours to keep. Paddy Power won't be calling around to your house with Dog The Bounty Hunter to reclaim his cash. And just to reassure the more paranoid punters out there, your name hasn't been added to Paddy's list of enemies and you categorically WILL NOT be pursued further should you bet with Paddy Power in future.

Enjoy your winnings and all the best,

The team at Paddy Power

At least the guy responsible has a good story to tell in the pub.

inforfun wrote: »
    Check your account.
    I had this in a message from PP:

As you've no doubt already noticed, we screwed up royally during last night's Crystal Palace v Crawley Town Carling Cup game. We made a huge error with one of our prices and although it's within our rules to claim palpable error and take the money back, we're doing the decent thing and letting you hang on to the cash.

We've written it off, given the staff member involved the obligatory flogging and the upshot of it is the money is all yours to keep. Paddy Power won't be calling around to your house with Dog The Bounty Hunter to reclaim his cash. And just to reassure the more paranoid punters out there, your name hasn't been added to Paddy's list of enemies and you categorically WILL NOT be pursued further should you bet with Paddy Power in future.

Enjoy your winnings and all the best,

The team at Paddy Power

At least the guy responsible has a good story to tell in the pub.

Haha, so there letting us hold on to the money, woohooo there is a god :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

If you withdrew before a certain time, I'd be 100% confident of getting paid.

I'l bet you €10000000000000 you will

Fixed

I just got same message.

2k, thanks paddy!

Can we have a run down of who has won what? be honest. and be able to provide proof.

I've got 1550 to look forward to.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJackAttack

YYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEOOOOOWWWW

1100 for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Surely they have to pay out till those that didnt withdraw too

Advertisement