Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,922 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Barrow v Mansfield 13/10

Barrow will be missing some key players for this. Andy Nicholas, Andy Ferrell, Phill Boland, Mike Pearson and Darren Sheridan. With those key injuries Mansfield are a good price to come away with 3 points..

where are you getting this info?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,056 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Headshot wrote: »
    where are you getting this info?

Racing Post and also on Twitter few tweets about these players being injured.

Mansfield are in good form at present too

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Goteberg -1 @ 5/4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Geaser11

@sformz have a very very tempting treble for tonight

1. Hellas Verona V Padova : Padova +1 Goal @4/11 (Italy Serie B)
    2. Laval V Reims : Reims +1 Goal @1/2 (French ligue 2)
    3. FC Einhoven V Go Ahead Eagles : FC Eindhoven @5/4

The combined odds on the Treble is over 7/2.

All of these teams are top of their leagues against mid-table opposition and these boys have had given me Treble winners for the last 3 Friday nights running- seem to know the Euro Lowers leagues pretty well.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭torres9kop

careca11 wrote: »
    torres9kop wrote: »
    St pats. Bohs. Stuttgart. The treble is a certainty. Everybody get on. Lump on as much as u can. I am

thats far from a certainty ,
    first Dundalk V Bohs (this is dundalks last chance saloon for the season) , I can see us getting a result

Cork V Pats , hmmmm Pats record in the cup is dire , I'm favouring cork city at home ,
    as for stuttgart , not exactly a great team away from home .

as for me ,
    I'm taking a punt at Dundalk, Cork and sligo rovers .

and then Villa , wolves, man u , bilbao and lyon
    Dundalks form is brutal where bohs are flying. Also dundalk have a **** load of so called players missing. Bet with ur head not ur heart

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭gudede

St pats. Bohs. Stuttgart. The treble is a certainty. Everybody get on. Lump on as much as u can. I am

I'm sorry but Cork City have only lost ONE game at home this season. They even beat St Pats in the Q/F of the EA Sports cup and Pats play a strong side. So to say its a banker is a joke. We are missing a couple of players but I wouldn't be giving the game to Pats. It'll probably be a draw at Full time. But whats for certain Cork will give your bet a sweat.

Certainty my arse....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Yardie

Papiss Demba Cisse anytime goalscorer @ 2/1 tonight on boyles Last season he averaged over a goal a game at home so 2/1 a great price.

gudede wrote: »

I'm sorry but Cork City have only lost ONE game at home this season. They even beat St Pats in the Q/F of the EA Sports cup and Pats play a strong side. So to say its a banker is a joke. We are missing a couple of players but I wouldn't be giving the game to Pats. It'll probably be a draw at Full time. But whats for certain Cork will give your bet a sweat.

Certainty my arse....
    We'll see later. U will lose a lot of money with that attitude. The bookies must love you

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

Been looking for some bargains using the stats program thingy:

logic suggests overs in a few scottish games: (I know lower divisions in scotland is a minefield)

Arbroath/Airdrie
    Albion/Stenhousmuir
    Also Morton are top of the Scots 1st Div ...playing bottom club Queen of the South ..could also hit overs.

the stats/logic: arbroath have only had 1 game under 2.5 so far, their 3 home games ended in 6-2, 3-0 and 4-2 Airdrie lost their away games 2-0 and 3-2
    but have been scoring at home winning 3-0, 4-0 and losing 1-5.

For Stenhousemuir/Albion ...both teams last 3 games went overs ... doesn't mean it will happen again ..but safe option is both teams to score...I think it will go overs.

any thoughts ??? opinions ... might throw in Morton to beat Queen of the South 11/10 seems too good to be true, but like I said its a minefield in the scots lower divisions.

We'll see later. U will lose a lot of money with that attitude. The bookies must love you

No offence intended to you but you have to prove you can call them - your other "banker" failed miserably.

there are some people here who put time and effort into researching their selections and have the decency to suggest them so that others follow as there is a strong chance the bookie will loose out.

I have given reasons for my selection (above) basing my choice on stats, but also explaining that I dont guarantee my selection - its just a guess on my behalf with the stats I have in front of me.

I am a Cork City fan and would think a draw would be the safest option, Cork are 9/5 with PP which could be worth a small bet, Pats are not in bad form either and have a full squad, best bet for me would be both teams to score or under 2.5 (both teams playing it tight with 1 goal seperating them or a 1-1 draw)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭careca11

Dundalks form is brutal where bohs are flying. Also dundalk have a **** load of so called players missing. Bet with ur head not ur heart

I have faith in our team tonight .................so I'm sticking with Dundalk thanks

PCPhoto wrote: »

No offence intended to you but you have to prove you can call them - your other "banker" failed miserably.

there are some people here who put time and effort into researching their selections and have the decency to suggest them so that others follow as there is a strong chance the bookie will loose out.

I have given reasons for my selection (above) basing my choice on stats, but also explaining that I dont guarantee my selection - its just a guess on my behalf with the stats I have in front of me.

I am a Cork City fan and would think a draw would be the safest option, Cork are 9/5 with PP which could be worth a small bet, Pats are not in bad form either and have a full squad, best bet for me would be both teams to score or under 2.5 (both teams playing it tight with 1 goal seperating them or a 1-1 draw)
    Best of luck 2nite

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Yardie wrote: »
    Papiss Demba Cisse anytime goalscorer @ 2/1 tonight on boyles Last season he averaged over a goal a game at home so 2/1 a great price.

I did that bet last week and he lost so he's due!

PCPhoto wrote: »

11/5 with Bet365 if you or anyone is interested in that..

Seen Cork City 6 times this season(CC fan). From that I know Cork will go close...Only seen Pats twice on telly on both occasions looking decent.

Will stay away cause don't have enough confidence to place a bet, but cant see there been more then goal either way in this..

Pats deserve to be favorites though, it's question can City produce a good enough display to get the win..

I'm not backing in the match. I'm going out to it and I'm going to enjoy it.

What I'm saying to you torres9kop is that Pat's winning is not a CERTAINLY like you said. Yes Pat's could win but a CERTAINLY normally is a team winning well and by a couple of goals. That will not happen tonight.

Sure some people said Man City were CERTAINLY to beat Napoli and they DIDN'T.

If you fancy the bet then good luck with it but don't be calling them certainly's. There is only a couple of things certain in life.

Death, taxes and not all horses will finish the grand national :D

There is no such thing as a certainty in betting, anyone who thinks there is then is in wrong game.

Wexford Youths V Mervue over 2.5 goals. 5/6

Wexford have lost ALL 11 games at home this season while Mervue have only won 4/12 games away from home. Mervue have came on alot this year but at evens could be a bit short for the W.

7/11 home games for Wexford have finished with over 2.5 goals and 8/12 of Mervue games finished over 2.5. Those stats give a 65% chance of over 2.5 goals. Also looking back on this fixture, back in April the score line was 3-5 to Mervue.

gudede wrote: »

I'm not backing in the match. I'm going out to it and I'm going to enjoy it.

What I'm saying to you torres9kop is that Pat's winning is not a CERTAINLY like you said. Yes Pat's could win but a CERTAINLY normally is a team winning well and by a couple of goals. That will not happen tonight.

Sure some people said Man City were CERTAINLY to beat Napoli and they DIDN'T.

If you fancy the bet then good luck with it but don't be calling them certainly's. There is only a couple of things certain in life.

Death, taxes and not all horses will finish the grand national :D
    90% of my bets come up so i know theres a chance the odd 1 goes down. This is my bread and butter football betting so just want to share the love, and money of course :)))

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

If in 10 tips time that percentage holds up, we'll respect your tips. As is stands at the moment you've a 0% record yet you continue to talk about "bankers".

Where is the ignore option button again;)

• Advertisement

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    If in 10 tips time that percentage holds up, we'll respect your tips. As is stands at the moment you've a 0% record yet you continue to talk about "bankers".
    Got 2 large bets up last nite but never posted cause the negative comments i got last week. Have faith guys. We r all on the same team here to bash the bookies

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

Got 2 large bets up last nite but never posted cause the negative comments i got last week. Have faith guys. We r all on the same team here to bash the bookies

Post a screenshot in after-timing thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Treble for me on saturday

Bolton 5/6
    Fancy Bolton to get 3 points here Norwich are struggling to score goals.

Stranraer 8/11
    Stranraer have scored 10 goals in there last 2 games should be to stong for bottom of the table East Stirling.

Wrexham 21/20
    Wrexham are unbeaten at home and can keep up the good run with a
    victory over York.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Last week you posted a 15/1 banker, containing 4 matches.
    Only 1 had the outcome you predicted.
    The way you profiled yourself and the outcome of your banker left you open for ridicule.
    And that is what you got.

You win 90% of your bets?
    Post you last 10 bets (screenshots please) here and if 9 out of 10 indeed came in, people might actually take you a bit serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

Accumulator (5)

Over 2.5 Goals @ 4/9
    Over/Under 2.5 Goals
    FC Oss v Agovv Apeldoorn

NEC Nijmegen @ 4/7
    Win-Draw-Win
    NEC Nijmegen v NAC Breda

Over 2.5 Goals @ 1/2
    Over/Under 2.5 Goals
    MVV Maastricht v Fortuna Sittard

FC Zwolle @ 1/2
    Win-Draw-Win
    FC Zwolle v FC Volendam

Over 2.5 Goals @ 4/5
    Over/Under 2.5 Goals
    FC Eindhoven v Go Ahead Eagles

• Registered Users Posts: 53,922 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

inforfun wrote: »
    Last week you posted a 15/1 banker, containing 4 matches.
    Only 1 had the outcome you predicted.
    The way you profiled yourself and the outcome of your banker left you open for ridicule.
    And that is what you got.

You win 90% of your bets?
    Post you last 10 bets (screenshots please) here and if 9 out of 10 indeed came in, people might actually take you a bit serious.

what do you think of the dutch matches tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Man on Fire

i say your man torres is too young to bet cause hes talkin sh**e......

just to note east sterling have not gone over 2.5goals in any of their three home games so far this season.

Stranraer may have won 6-0 and 4-2 in their last 2 games - but doesn't mean they will continue - I think it'll be a tight game but stranraer should still win.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,243 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Coughlans back! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,841 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Coughlans back! :D

lol
    i was a minute away from posting the same and im
    sure a few others were thinking it :pac:

he'll never be forgotten round these parts

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement