Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Apart from knowing who will not be playing this weekend i havent see any confirmed line ups yet but here we go:

za 17/9 VVV-Venlo SC Heerenveen 19.45
    Heerenveen seems to have changed their fortunes after a miserable start of the season. Have to add to that that playing Ajax and Twente and losing is not a real surprise.
    VVV got 2 draws against PSV and Ajax. Both teams strenght is their attack so i expect this one to go over 2,5.
    Goal scorers if that is your thing: Musa for VVV, Dost for Heerenveen

za 17/9 Feyenoord De Graafschap 20.45
    Should be a home win. Keep in mind i am a Feyenoord fan.. Last 2 seasons De Graafschap won this one though.
    Ah Feyenoord -1 looks good too. Careful with overs allthough both Feyenoords home matches went over 2,5
    I hope John Guidetti will play tonight as he impressed me last week in the 30 minutes he played. If he starts i will back him to score 1, maybe 2.

za 17/9 Vitesse Roda JC Kerkrade 19.45
    Would back this one for a home win and/or over 2,5 but Vitesse is missing their top scorer Bony because of his red card last week. Rather unsure about this one.

za 17/9 FC Groningen Excelsior 18.45
    Nothing but a home win here. Overs looks ok too. Would nt go too big on AH Take away the 6 goals they got hit with vs PSV, Excelsior conceded 8 in 4 matches. Their lack of scoring goals themselves is the reason they dont get points.

zo 18/9 FC Utrecht Heracles Almelo 16.30
    Last 5x they met 2 wins or Utrecht, 3 draws. Only once it went over 2,5
    BTS maybe but i am not betting on this one.
    If there are goals, they should come from Mulanga for Utrecht and Plet for Heracles.

zo 18/9 FC Twente ADO Den Haag 14.30
    ADo lost their 22 goals topscorer of last season and they are feeling it. Nothing but a home win AH Twente -1 looks good too.
    Janko to score. Twente to win to 0. Not sure about over 2,5 as i cant see ADO scoring.

zo 18/9 PSV Ajax 12.30
    The big one for this weekend.
    Last season this match up recorded 2x 0-0 but that is not likely to happen this year. Last 5 seasons saw 2x a 0-0 and the other 3 matches came up with 6,7 and 8 goals. Make of that what you want.
    Overs are no doubt for me. If i had money to piss away i would go for a 2-2 correct score bet.
    PSV goal scorer(s) Mertens and Toivonen. Ajax Sighurtson looks ok.
    Ajax will be without Sulejmani due to injury. He ll also miss next weeks game against Twente. I think they ll be missing him.

zo 18/9 RKC Waalwijk AZ 14.30
    RKC the surprise party of the start of the season but AZ is in great shape. If the result of PSV - Ajax is a PSV win or draw, AZ will be top of the league with a win in this match. And i cant see anything else than an AZ win.
    Not much history to look at for the last 5 years as RKC was in the 1st divison for most of those years.
    Goals for AZ: Altidore (yes, Jozy). Bit hard to predict who is going to score for AZ as there goals have been coming from many players.
    AZ also looking good for over 1,5 in the 1st half. Certainly if they know they go on top with a win in this match. They will know the result of PSV - Ajax before kick off.

And sorry for last nights debacle with NEC - NAC. At least the overs cam in but i didnt see an away win coming there.
    Then again, just like ADO did, NEC lost their top scorer (20+ goals) and suffer from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Qarabag - Khazar Lankaran (Azerbaijan) : draw

I can't see Qarabag losing this game, but the problem is they can't score even if their lives depended on it... Khazar are top of the table so it will probably be a tight game.

EDIT: also done a double of West Ham and Middlesborough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭stingerro

What do you think about heavy cards (maybe red?) game between Millwall and West Ham? Hatred between fans can be a factor, as both teams will be more willing than usual to play hard. Last season they were playing in Carling Cup and there was seven yellow cards in that match

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭clearodara

Lads need advice from any die-hard Arsenal fans. Placed this bet but didnt realise my 2 key was broken and accidently put 2 tonne on instead of 20, so I'm in a spot of bother. Need to know what are Arsenal's chances of pulling off the win, because i'm thinking I must lay off the draw or perhaps even double chance with blackburn and the draw. I didn't see the champions league game during the week so would appreciate any quick replies as the game kicks off in just over 2 hours so need any opinions on whether you think Arsenal can win or should I lay it off. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

clearodara wrote: »
    Lads need advice from any die-hard Arsenal fans. Placed this bet but didnt realise my 2 key was broken and accidently put 2 tonne on instead of 20, so I'm in a spot of bother. Need to know what are Arsenal's chances of pulling off the win, because i'm thinking I must lay off the draw or perhaps even double chance with blackburn and the draw. I didn't see the champions league game during the week so would appreciate any quick replies as the game kicks off in just over 2 hours so need any opinions on whether you think Arsenal can win or should I lay it off. Cheers
    Blackburn are poor. Arsenal were good in Dortmund, should have held on to win. I think you are safe enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Taken from punters lounge if anybody is interested.

A more speculative bet that could be worth a shot is Craig Dawson in one of the goalscorer markets versus Swansea. With Gabby Tamas being handed a 3 match ban today and with McAuley not 100% fit for Albion, Dawson will probably be handed his Premier League debut alongside Olsson in central defence. The lad's extremely highly rated and looks a great prospect but one of the most eye-catching and surprising areas of his game is his goalscoring. Despite being a centre half, he scored 9 goals for Rochdale last season and 10 the year before, most coming from set pieces, finishing as Dale's 2nd highest goalscorer both seasons. He also got a couple in pre-season for us and recently got his first call-up for the England U21's and helped himself to 2 goals, both headers from corners.

The kid is absolutely lethal from set pieces and with Paddy Power offering 25/1 for first goalscorer and 9/1 for anytime goalscorer, he's got to be worth a punt at those odds.

Blackburn are poor. Arsenal were good in Dortmund, should have held on to win. I think you are safe enough.
    Disagree - Arsenal was outplayed totally by Dortmund in the middle (Borussia was very wasteful, especially with final pass), they were also not looking very fit, which can be a bonus for a physical Blackburn team. They are not even close to a team which you can bet this kind of money on in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Yardie wrote: »
    Wouldn't go too heavy on cards with Marriner in charge. What price is Salgado to be booked? Gervinho could give him problems

13/8 Betfair

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Nuts102 wrote: »

A more speculative bet that could be worth a shot is Craig Dawson in one of the goalscorer markets versus Swansea. With Gabby Tamas being handed a 3 match ban today and with McAuley not 100% fit for Albion, Dawson will probably be handed his Premier League debut alongside Olsson in central defence. The lad's extremely highly rated and looks a great prospect but one of the most eye-catching and surprising areas of his game is his goalscoring. Despite being a centre half, he scored 9 goals for Rochdale last season and 10 the year before, most coming from set pieces, finishing as Dale's 2nd highest goalscorer both seasons. He also got a couple in pre-season for us and recently got his first call-up for the England U21's and helped himself to 2 goals, both headers from corners.

The kid is absolutely lethal from set pieces and with Paddy Power offering 25/1 for first goalscorer and 9/1 for anytime goalscorer, he's got to be worth a punt at those odds.

Im on Boylesports where he is only 22/1 for the first goal. Im looking on Betfair and cant find him in the betting, do they have live support i cant find it and try get a price on him. Betfair usually give bigger odds and hopefully get a big price today berfore people realise he is a goal machine.

stingerro wrote: »
    Disagree - Arsenal was outplayed totally by Dortmund in the middle (Borussia was very wasteful, especially with final pass), they were also not looking very fit, which can be a bonus for a physical Blackburn team. They are not even close to a team which you can bet this kind of money on in my opinion.

No way would I put 200 on Arsenal it was a mistake and party poker wont cancel the bet. Im in sticky situation so just asking for advice. I noticed Blackburn have been poor this season, do Arsenal have enough in the tank to nick the win do you think:? Haven't seen either team play 90 minutes this season so need someone else's better judgement.
    Cheers guys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

really like that arsenal team today.
    #Arsenal team to play Blackburn: Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Santos, Song, Arshavin, Arteta, Ramsey, Gervinho, Van Persie
    can see them winning easy gonna have some on the -1 too @11/5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Can anyone spot the Finland markets on PP?

mike65 wrote: »
    Can anyone spot the Finland markets on PP?

http://www.paddypower.com/football/football-matches/finland-ykkonen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

My bets for today Molde, Leeds, Bolton, Valencia, West Brom dnb all singles fingers crossed. C'mon the Ireland :p:D

No way would I put 200 on Arsenal it was a mistake and party poker wont cancel the bet. Im in sticky situation so just asking for advice. I noticed Blackburn have been poor this season, do Arsenal have enough in the tank to nick the win do you think:? Haven't seen either team play 90 minutes this season so need someone else's better judgement.
    Cheers guys
    I know you did it by accident, just even with the way it happened current Arsenal team doesn't have anything to back this money, if there are already there. I know that Blackburn is poor, but Arsenal barely beat Swansea last week at home (Graham had a great chance in additional time to make it 1:1). I watched last two Arsenal games and IMO you should protect your money.

Wolves v ORR game could be called off no power at Molineux

• Registered Users Posts: 34,069 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Does not look like any value today in any of the leagues in UK for over 2.5 goals today..:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

I know they've played Thursday but anyone else fancy Stoke 2/1 away to Sunderland tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

Cheers guys

Forgetting Arsenal for a moment, if you're going to bet against anyone losing so far this season, Blackburn are one of the top 3.

You might hear whispers of "Blackburn could/should have done this and that", but I personally think they've been awful so far.

So as bad as people are saying Arsenal are, Blackburn have been vastly worse.

I'll make a point of not betting on Arsenal today, so you've got a chance! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Nothing significant standing out this weekend so sticking to small/medium stakes

Van Persie anytime @ 6/5
    Bolton @ 10/11
    Tottenham vs Liverpool - Both teams to score - yes @ 4/6

€10 treble @ 6/1

Van Persie has scored 8 goals in 10 games against Blackburn.
    Bolton have won their last 5 home games against Norwich, who themselves have not won in 32 away premier league games.
    Since Redknapp has taken over Spurs, they have only failed to score against Liverpool once (7 games). Liverpool have kept only one clean sheet in 7 PL games. Tottenham have conceded as many goals (14) in their past six home matches as they did in the previous 25 at White Hart Lane

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

Massive power cut in Wolverhampton. Wolves currently have no power. Potential postponement?

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

If Wolves does go ahead, I think the home win and total goals scored is well worth looking at. Wolves to win and one or two goals in entire match was like 3/1 last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

If Wolves does go ahead, I think the home win and total goals scored is well worth looking at. Wolves to win and one or two goals in entire match was like 3/1 last night.

Read on twitter that electric is back up and running

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Nuts102 wrote: »

Might be a good fpl punt too:pac:

Treble
    Annan Evs
    Arbroath Evs
    Motherwell 10/11

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Read on twitter that electric is back up and running

Yup.
    sportbbcwm BBC WM Sport 95.6FM by JanuszESPN
    Wolves game is ON!!

Qarabag - Khazar Lankaran (Azerbaijan) : draw

I can't see Qarabag losing this game, but the problem is they can't score even if their lives depended on it... Khazar are top of the table so it will probably be a tight game.

Qarabag on the black list for me now, it's the third time theyve let me down :mad: At least I was right about them not being able to score.

Qarabag on the black list for me now, it's the third time theyve let me down :mad: At least I was right about them not being able to score.
    I want to thank you for mentioning Krasnodar other week, backed them today in DNB and they again won on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

The more i look at it the more i like it - Hamburger SV (Last in league with -10 gd - lost 3 of last 4) v Borussia M G'back (4th in league +4 gd), Borussia are 9/5 most places and look a good gamble
    Also 2nd place Werder Bremen play Nurnberg (lost last 3 and only victories so far have been against 2 promoted clubs, Werder are 13/8
    A double here is 6/1, or singles could work too :pac:

Also no market for Dawson on PP website

• Advertisement

stingerro wrote: »
    I want to thank you for mentioning Krasnodar other week, backed them today in DNB and they again won on the road.

That was a different team :p There are 2 teams from Krasnodar in Russia, Kuban Krasnodar and FK Krasnodar, the one I bet on last week was Kuban, nice one though ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement