Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Yoshie.

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Columbus v Houston Dynamo

Columbus last 4 games have been over 2.5, the last two being 4-2 and 6-2. 3 out of the last 5 Houston games have been overs the last one a 3-0 defeat.

Doing over and a smaller stake on either over 3.5 or 4.5

Red card.
    Can't imagine a lot of goals in this now.
    Put on for the over 2.5 just before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Yardie

Yardie wrote: »
    Arg playing Brasil @ 01.45 in International friendly, Domestic based players only.

Brasil team is strong

Seleção escalada contra Argentina: Jefferson, Danilo, Dedé, Rever e Kleber, Ralf, Paulinho, Renato Abreu, Neymar, Leandro Damião, Ronaldinho

ARG: 1 Orión -4 Pillud-5 Cellay-6 Domínguez-2 Desábato-3 Papa-8 A.Fernández-10 Canteros-11 Zapata-7 Martínez-y 9 Boselli

Bra 21/20 for the win..looking for card index..these two LOVE a card!Anything but a friendly this one..

Can't find Card index so taking a sending off in the match @ 7/2 on betfair
    and Brasil over 1.5 goals @ evens on 365

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭AH92

Arg playing Brasil @ 01.45 in International friendly, Domestic based players only.

Brasil team is strong

Seleção escalada contra Argentina: Jefferson, Danilo, Dedé, Rever e Kleber, Ralf, Paulinho, Renato Abreu, Neymar, Leandro Damião, Ronaldinho

ARG: 1 Orión -4 Pillud-5 Cellay-6 Domínguez-2 Desábato-3 Papa-8 A.Fernández-10 Canteros-11 Zapata-7 Martínez-y 9 Boselli

Bra 21/20 for the win..looking for card index..these two LOVE a card!Anything but a friendly this one..
    Can't find any :(

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

PSV vs Legia Warsaw over 2.5 could be a big one, AZ too. Inforfun the man to ask on these.

PSV - Legia should be going over 2,5. PSV finding the net rather easy lately but a leaky defence to go with that.
    Looking how Legia is doing in Poland so far you ll see they played away from home 2x and won both those games 3-1. Havent seen those Legia games but i suppose they know how to counter attack based on those away wins.
    Wouldnt put money on a home win. Odds are not worth it and i am not convinced PSV will win easy enough
    Over 2,5 and/or BTS.
    If you are looking for a PSV goalscorer, take Mertens. He has been banging them in for fun so far this season. 7 goals in 5 in the Dutch league so far.

AZ's home record in Europe is pretty impressive. Only 1 or 2 matches lost in their European history.
    Also their start of the season has been very good. 1 loss, away to Twente and 4 wins. Might even be the new league leaders after the weekend when PSV - Ajax is on the menu.
    Cant see anything else than a home win. Asian/Alternative Handicap AZ -1 is something i am looking at. Depends on how adventurous i feel which one i pick.
    AZ's defence is solid enough with only 3 goals conceded in the league. 2 against Twente and 1 against PSV. So whether overs come in, not too sure about that. At 1.61 for over 2,5 it is not great odds imo.

Fulham - Twente. Hard one to call. Twente has lost their 2 most important players of last season (Theo Janssen and Brian Ruiz) and they are feeling it.
    Martin Jol apparently said he wont put on his strongest team. Twente will i suppose. If that happens and whether Twente will have enough to get something at Fulham, i cant say. I stay away from this one.

Yellow cards so far this season (5 matches)
    PSV 10 (Their right back Manolev collecting 3 of those but he is **** anyway)
    AZ 7
    Twente 5

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭stingerro

inforfun wrote: »
    PSV - Legia should be going over 2,5. PSV finding the net rather easy lately but a leaky defence to go with that.
    Looking how Legia is doing in Poland so far you ll see they played away from home 2x and won both those games 3-1. Havent seen those Legia games but i suppose they know how to counter attack based on those away wins.
    Wouldnt put money on a home win. Odds are not worth it and i am not convinced PSV will win easy enough
    Over 2,5 and/or BTS.
    If you are looking for a PSV goalscorer, take Mertens. He has been banging them in for fun so far this season. 7 goals in 5 in the Dutch league so far.
    I can confirm Legia part. They are good in counter attacking, don't forget that they score three goals in Moscow against Spartak. They had a horrible game last weekend losing at home to the weakest team in the league (1:2 vs Podbeskidzie), but in Europe League their concentration will be much better, as for majority of players (combination of foreigners and young Polish) will want to have some exposure abroad. They will play their strongest squad as well.

After an early look I think there is a chance to do something positive with corners in Atletico - Celtic match. With Falcao upfront flanked by Reyes and Turan I can imagine hosts becoming a high corners team.

• Advertisement

inforfun wrote: »

Great post man, I am going to risk the dbl of over 2.5 in both dutch games. PSV looks a certainty, AZ a bit riskier but Malmo have scored in their away CL games so will hopefully contribute in this one.

Also a dbl of Kiev and PAOK both DNB €25 returns €61

stingerro wrote: »
    After an early look I think there is a chance to do something positive with corners in Atletico - Celtic match. With Falcao upfront flanked by Reyes and Turan I can imagine hosts becoming a high corners team.

Good spot..looking at the stats it would suggest Atletico at home -3 corner handicap @ evens is a good bet.

Good spot..looking at the stats it would suggest Atletico at home -3 corner handicap @ evens is a good bet.
    Celtic also have Rangers on weekend (At.M play Racing at home), so I can see this game being one way traffic. And since odds on straight hosts win are terrible corners hopefully will save us.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,056 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

BET365 are doing a free in play bet on the United-Chelsea game at weekend for anyone interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Tonight for me;

PAOK DNB
    Udinese
    PSV

€10 @ 4/1

Also going with;

Di Natale Score and Win @ 11/5

€20

Good luck everyone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

BET365 are doing a free in play bet on the United-Chelsea game at weekend for anyone interested.

Ya have to make two bets on the match though to redeem it:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Great post man, I am going to risk the dbl of over 2.5 in both dutch games. PSV looks a certainty, AZ a bit riskier but Malmo have scored in their away CL games so will hopefully contribute in this one.

Also a dbl of Kiev and PAOK both DNB €25 returns €61

Going for this myself:
    1 AZ -1.0 AZ v Malmo FF
    (Alternative Handicap Result) 15/09/2011 None 1.83 To Run
    2 Both Teams PSV v Legia Warsaw
    (Teams to Score) 15/09/2011 None 1.90 To Run

Just looking to the weekend. I think United are a good bet to beat Chelsea on Sunday at 10/11..

Brighton at 5/2 to be Leicester away looks decent too

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Altetico Madrid v Celtic
    Big step up in class for Celtic here, there away record in europe is shocking plus there missing Scott Brown, Anthony Stokes,Daniel Majstorovic.

Altetico Madrid -1 6/5

• Registered Users Posts: 53,922 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

magherakid wrote: »
    Altetico Madrid v Celtic
    Big step up in class for Celtic here, there away record in europe is shocking plus there missing Scott Brown, Anthony Stokes,Daniel Majstorovic.

Altetico Madrid -1 6/5
    My worry is are A Madrid taking the competition seriously

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭AH92

Sturm Graz are playing Lokomotiv and they have several key players missing (goalkeeper,striker and 2 midfielders). Lokomotiv at 13/10 looks value for money and they will be high in confidence after beating zenit 4-2 this week. Dynamo Kiev -2 corner handicap looks solid as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 53,922 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I think i may just wait for live betting tonight

Just to dodgy in terms of teams taking the competition seriously. Last season the Italian teams didnt care about it, so will they change it this season? I just dont know tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 23,841 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Just looking to the weekend. I think United are a good bet to beat Chelsea on Sunday at 10/11..

gonna lump on that and a smaller bet on -1 (2/1)
    can't see anything but a comfortable victory

mailburner wrote: »
    gonna lump on that and a smaller bet on -1 (2/1)
    can't see anything but a comfortable victory

Chelsea do have a good record in OT, but I do think if they play anywhere near their best they will win.

This is United real big test, but on what I have seen from previous 6 weeks a game in which they are just under evens to win is still great price imo.

Imo United should be around 8/11 or 4/6

Came across another couple of decent corners/ cards bets for tonight lads.

Dynamo Kiev Asian corner handicap -2 @ 17/20 on bet 365 (evens for hc)

So If Kiev have just two more corners than Stoke you get your stake back. Considering Stoke conceded 12 corners to 2 for against Liverpool and 75% possession to Liverpool at the weekend, it is likely to be a similar story away in Kiev. Stoke lost the corner match bet 8-3 in Thun.

Large bet on this for me.

Also worth looking at is under 3.5 cards in the Fulham game @ 11/10..both sides have very good discipline records.

thinking of a lucky 15 of 0-0 in Brum/Spurs/Stoke/Fulham games too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Chelsea do have a good record in OT, but I do think if they play anywhere near their best they will win.

This is United real big test, but on what I have seen from previous 6 weeks a game in which they are just under evens to win is still great price imo.

Imo United should be around 8/11 or 4/6

They wont steam roll Chelsea but Id say 2-1 or 3-1 United win is likely

Fowler87 wrote: »
    They wont steam roll Chelsea but Id say 2-1 or 3-1 United win is likely

O ya agree I dont think it be a 6-0 or anything, but the way they are playing I think there bit of value for United.

I give United a 55-60% chance in this one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭fabregas4cesc

az, atletico -1, 3 yellows or less (no reds) in fulham twente match
    5er at 5/1

Mark! wrote: »

Also going with;

Di Natale Score and Win @ 11/5

€20
    He will be probably rested tonight before weekend's game against Fiorentina. I will back Falcao to be FGS, but I am looking for one more name - any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

Singles of Falcao FGS and Huntelaar FGS for me @ 7/2 and 9/2

Also a small double @ 23.75/1 :p

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Avoid Italian teams in Europa League lads. They couldn't give a damn about it.

I'll be surprised if Atleti don't win comfortably... though they can be a bit of a cluster**** at times

Anyone considering the Falcao hattrick? 25/1 on william hill

• Registered Users Posts: 8,729 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Small bets keeping money for weekend.

€5 acc pays €236.

PSV/Legia over 2.5 goals 8/13.
    FC Copenhagen 4/7.
    Both to score FC Zurich/Sporting Lisbon 3/4.
    Atletico Madrid -1 11/10.
    Metalist 13/10.
    Hapoel Tel Aviv 6/5.

€2.50 pays €90.

Draw FC Zurich/Lisbon.
    Draw Bratislava/Bilbao.
    Draw Beaucharest/Schalke.

I think we discussed this team in the past, but (it was posted before last match, which ended 0:7):
    AJAX Lasnamae in Estonia are fixing all their matches as they already relegated and they SUCK. conceded around 110 goals in 20 games.
    They are playing Levadia who are a top side and my advice to you guys is to take Levadia to win by at least 5 clear goals. If this doesnt appeal, consider a bet for a late goal (or two!) icon_biggrin.gif
    one of the few games where you will see the "over" odds dropping as time passes..
    Serious money going on this game in play which suggests it could be fixed. If it is fixed, goals will come late to maximise profits through getting the best odds.
    They are playing next game on Saturday.

• Advertisement

Spurs team confirmed

Cudicini; Walker, Bassong, Corluka, Townsend; Falque, Carroll, Livermore, Giovani; Kane, Pavlyuchenko.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement