Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Everything HPAT and Medicine 2012*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Paralysis

hollingr wrote: »
    not me.. just last years results up on my cao. where did you hear that? wouldn't mind gettin the results 2 weeks early!

Hi! Sorry, but I was just wondering where on the CAO page it comes up? i'm a 1st time applicant, and also pretty clueless!

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭hollingr

Only comes up on mine because I sat the hpat last year, you won't see anything on cao until results are out (unless they let them slip early like last year! :p)

For me it appears under the "qualifications and assessment" section on the main page when you open "my application" on cao as follows:

ACER Selection Test Scores (where available):
    CAO was provided with the following ACER Selection Test Scores. If you have received
    better valid scores then you should forward them to CAO immediately. Prior to the
    release of the 2012 scores, CAO shows previous years' scores where provided.

The CAO have no information explaining these scores. Any further information
    should be sought from ACER.

Exam Score 1 Score 2 Score 3 Overall
    HPAT 053 058 064 174

Only comes up on mine because I sat the hpat last year, you won't see anything on cao until results are out (unless they let them slip early like last year! :p)

For me it appears under the "qualifications and assessment" section on the main page when you open "my application" on cao as follows:

ACER Selection Test Scores (where available):
    CAO was provided with the following ACER Selection Test Scores. If you have received
    better valid scores then you should forward them to CAO immediately. Prior to the
    release of the 2012 scores, CAO shows previous years' scores where provided.

The CAO have no information explaining these scores. Any further information
    should be sought from ACER.

Exam Score 1 Score 2 Score 3 Overall
    HPAT 053 058 064 174

Thanks so much! I was worried/hopeful that mine had been released early but i just couldn't find it haha, guess not! Good luck for this year :)

cheers. hope its first time lucky for everyone here too.. not long now, I swear i'm not counting the days!!!

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭spasmaster

does any one know what happens if you get accepted to medicine for the same college that you fail a course in eg trinity.

• Advertisement

I think you have to get a letter from them saying you're allowed back in if you've failed/been kicked out.. is that you cill?

I was just wondering how they tell you that you score's in, do you get an email with a link, or do you just have to check your CAO on the day at a specific time?

Last year I got an email from ACER (at 12:50 am on the day they were due to come out) with a link to a results page on their website where you type in your candidate number and get your results in a pdf.

This year might be different though.. might be up on CAO this time round have they given any specific information on this yet?

Last year I got an email from ACER (at 12:50 am on the day they were due to come out) with a link to a results page on their website where you type in your candidate number and get your results in a pdf.

This year might be different though.. might be up on CAO this time round have they given any specific information on this yet?

Not that i've seen, and i've been having a good look around the CAO site this morning, hopefully it will be the same as last year - that sounds pretty efficient. I'm so nervous already!

seems it will be same as last year:

Due to the fact that Leaving Certificate oral examinations will not be completed until 27th April, 2012 HPAT-Ireland results will be published on 30th April, 2012. An online HPAT-Ireland Statement of Results will be issued to every candidate on that date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 nomnomnomnom

out of interest, do the people who score the highest get told that they've got the highest? or how does one find out what the highest in ireland was?:cool:

you'll know you're there or thereabouts because you'll get 100th percentile..

You can see the highest scores on the graphs of results they release. Certain prep courses also give cash prizes to the top 3 candidates each year that took their course..

yeah but cant you get 103rd or 110th percentile?

thats what i was told... and i had no idea about the cash prizes cool...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

103rd percentile? :pac:

Technically speaking, 100th percentile shouldn't even exist anyway. If you were at the 100th percentile you'd be better than 100% of the cohort (Including yourself) which simply isn't possible.

99th percentile means you did better than 99% of people who took the test.

110th percentile means you did better than 110% of people who took the test..
    :eek:

yeah but cant you get 103rd or 110th percentile?

thats what i was told... and i had no idea about the cash prizes cool...

No, you can't get over 100 percentile, but you can get over 100 in the 3 sections, i've seen a 105 in section 1, which could be what confused you?

didn't know that, quite interesting! I guess if the scores are all really close in one section, they'll give the better distributed sections more weight.

Pretty unfair though.. No wonder they keep the weighting system under raps!

yeaaaaaaah thats it !! 103rd in one of the sections, sorry for the confusion !!!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭Medicine333

Partyatmygaff, a few days ago you made quite an accusation when you said that you heard the results were released early again, like last year.

Why didn't you respond to my question: do you have any evidence?

I think you should be careful about throwing around accusations like that because it can cause people a lot of unnecessary anxiety and worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭NoHarm1994

Partyatmygaff, a few days ago you made quite an accusation when you said that you heard the results were released early again, like last year.

I think you should be careful about throwing around accusations like that because it can cause people a lot of unnecessary anxiety and worry.

Lets get ready to rumbllllllllllllllllle!!!

• Advertisement

An accusation? I didn't accuse anyone of anything.

A friend of mine relayed me a rumour that some people saw their HPAT results on the CAO website. Seeing that I saw the very same thing happen last year, I had good reason to believe it could have been more than a rumour. I came here to ask if anyone noticed anything on their CAOs and haven't had time to look at the thread since due to the fact I've got exams to be studying for.

I'm sorry I didn't immediately reply to your post. I've been swimming in notes and books for the past few days.

An accusation? I didn't accuse anyone of anything.

A friend of mine relayed me a rumour that some people saw their HPAT results on the CAO website. Seeing that I saw the very same thing happen last year, I had good reason to believe it could have been more than a rumour. I came here to ask if anyone noticed anything on their CAOs and haven't had time to look at the thread since due to the fact I've got exams to be studying for.

I'm sorry I didn't immediately reply to your post. I've been swimming in notes and books for the past few days.

No problem, just giving you helpful advice to be slightly more prudent when posting, and to back it up with evidence! You had me worried, and I'm sure a lot of others who are in the middle of their orals and don't need the distraction.

Whether it was an accusation or not(which it seemed to me to be an accusation that the CAO had 'done it again' per se), I think it is important to follow up on it.

Good luck in your exams:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Paralysis wrote: »
    No, you can't get over 100 percentile, but you can get over 100 in the 3 sections, i've seen a 105 in section 1, which could be what confused you?
    You cannot get over 100 in a section. I don't know where people are getting this.

http://hpat-ireland.acer.edu.au/files/2011performance.pdf
    Last sentence of first paragraph.

jumpguy wrote: »
    You cannot get over 100 in a section. I don't know where people are getting this.

http://hpat-ireland.acer.edu.au/files/2011performance.pdf
    Last sentence of first paragraph.

I'm pretty sure you can, when I did the ******** course they showed a results slip on the projector screen that had 105 in section 1.

I'm with Jumpguy on this one. Acer have stated that 100 is the limit on their website. It doesn't make sense to have over 100.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Nazata

Technically speaking, 100th percentile shouldn't even exist anyway. If you were at the 100th percentile you'd be better than 100% of the cohort (Including yourself) which simply isn't possible.

Ah, it feels good to know that I wasn't the only one annoyed by this :)

I've seen slips with over 100 in certain sections. They can't all have been faked. What ACER say and what ACER actually do and mean aren't always the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭deathbythelc

Think I'm gonna need some sort of a support group this time next week.

Does anyone have any idea what time the results were out last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭NoHarm1994

Someone who did it last year told me that they were released at 00.50 on the day they were supposed to be out last year. So I suppose they will will come out at more or less the same time on the 30th :) Late night me thinks anyway ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

I'll never forget, I was on the john when the results came out for it last year...

Advertisement