Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HP Touchpad tips and tricks

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

Before any more people use Electronic Partner, be advised my repair that I paid good money for today has not worked. I have opened a warranty case and will advise if a successful outcome arrives.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Fiskar wrote: »
    Before any more people use Electronic Partner, be advised my repair that I paid good money for today has not worked. I have opened a warranty case and will advise if a successful outcome arrives.

Hope it all works out ok for ya. I used Electronic Partner once for my dead TP and its still going strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

neacy69 wrote: »
    Hope it all works out ok for ya. I used Electronic Partner once for my dead TP and its still going strong.

+1 but it would be good to know that if there is an issue with a repair that they will stand over it. Please keep us updated Fiskar!!

Defo an issue with Electronic Partner. Could not get through to the shop by phone twice yesterday, sent two emails to support and the lad who sent the quote asking for a call back and response. Not a dicky today.
    will ring them tomorrow but not hopefull of any positive response. If they persist with hiding from resolving my issue I will have no choice but to raise a customer issue and make it very public not to use these guys. Totally fake outfit in my view.

Fiskar wrote: »
    Totally fake outfit in my view.

Sorry to hear they're not responding to you request for support. I found communicating with them quite difficult also, definitely not up to the expectations created by the slick website but in the end when I did get through to them I dealt with a good guy who sorted me out.

I personally think they are a bit less organised than they should be but ultimately are good guys who will sort you out. At least I hope they do.

Ben

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 14 Verified rep Electronic Partner Support

Sorry to hear that, the reason is not the organisation the problem is the high amount of customers and requests.
    You can call and if the phone is not answered in time you can leave a message.
    We also have a ticket system on our website.

EP Customer Support Team

Find us also on Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/electronicpartner

or online @ http://electronicpartner.ie

Sorry to hear that, the reason is not the organisation the problem is the high amount of customers and requests.

I'm a customer who you replaced a screen on a HP Touchpad for. This was my experience:-

Positive:
    - Good professional looking website - it inspires confidence
    - The replacement screen works fine

Negative:
    - I submitted a Repair Estimate request but never got a response.
    - I found your website difficult to use, particularly in terms of out how to organise collection of the Touchpad
    - I waited over two months for the repair to be completed
    - After the repair was completed I had to call to have the Touchpad sent back to me. The person I spoke to confirmed that the repair was finished but no one had told him to send it back to me!!!

Your response above included "the reason is not the organisation" but the fact you have more customers and requests than you can handle. Not a very smart answer to give. Your organisation is not capable of handling the volume of business you are transacting. You need to scale up/improve your organisation and processes to meet the customer demand your marketing efforts are generating.

Let me ask when did you got it repaired as we making improvements all the time. Also constructive critics are welcome cause we can not see with the customers eyes. We will have a major update on the site and implementing a customer portal in the next week. And regarding the volume, we try to do our best to serve and help everyone asking us regarding any electronic repair. We can not say at the end of the month sorry we can not serve you because we are busy. And if more people would write constructive critics like you instead of just complaining we could improve our services even more :-)

EP Customer Support

www.electronicpartner.ie

EP Customer Support Team

Will send you a PM as the repair request number, nor my mobile is recognised by your system and therefore I cannot get a status on the second repair.

Let me ask when did you got it repaired as we making improvements all the time.

The Touchpad was sent into you in February and I got it back in April.

Ben

• Advertisement

Hello Ben, i have been looking in to the orders processed during Jan-Apr but there was no Repair Request for any HP Touchpad in that time frame at all. In general if parts ordered it can take up to 5 week till they come in the reason is simple. Certain parts we don't stock because the demand is not big enough. The shipping takes a lot of time especially if the parts come from taiwan, china or singapore cause the most economic shipping by post takes around 5 weeks. There is a quicker option but it cost a lot. I can give you an example 1 LCD from singapore per standard shipping cost 8.90 per DHL Express (3-5days delivery) the shipping cost 111.89 Euro. To be competitive you have no option.

Hello Ben, i have been looking in to the orders processed during Jan-Apr but there was no Repair Request for any HP Touchpad in that time frame at all. In general if parts ordered it can take up to 5 week till they come in the reason is simple. Certain parts we don't stock because the demand is not big enough.

The job number was 26029. Totally understand the lead time, especially for a low volume model like the Touchpad.

I wasn't at disappointed by the time required to execute the delay as I understand supply chain lead times. My disappointment with your service was around the ease of use of your website to initiate the repair, the lack of communication from you to update me on progress (some automated emails stating the part has been ordered and is expected in on xx/xx/xxxx, the repair is scheduled for xx/xx/xxxx etc would be very useful) and the fact that it turned out the repair had actually been completed and the Touchpad was sitting around when I eventually called to chase it up. If I hadn't called it would still be sitting on a shelf somewhere!!!

I think you have the fundamental building blocks of a very nice business and like all businesses you are experiencing challenges as you grow. It's how you deal with those challenges and customer feedback which will determine how successful you are in the long run.

Ben

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭The Mulk

Always a pleasure to read your posts Ben on all topics Touchpad related,(and LFC)
    Keep up the good work:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭nc6000

I think the fact that it took Electronic Partner Support over a month to respond to the criticism about their service on this thread says it all really.

nc6000 wrote: »
    I think the fact that it took Electronic Partner Support over a month to respond to the criticism about their service on this thread says it all really.

no it doesn't ;-) cause we where not allowed to answer here, unless you have a verified rep account. The catch is that this account cost money. We improve our customer support constantly therefore we have a rep account now and that why we are here writing to each other.

The Mulk wrote: »
    Always a pleasure to read your posts Ben on all topics Touchpad related,(and LFC)
    Keep up the good work:)

Ah cheers Mulk, I'm glad someone thinks what I have to say isn't total BS :o

The LFC forum is going through a rough patch at the moment, inactivity (no games, no transfers, no scandals etc) creates a vacuum into which an amazing assortment of crap flows!!!

Keep well.

Ben

nc6000 wrote: »

Why should Electronic Partner monitor Boards.ie for mentions of their company? I was reading threads the other day which mentioned Coca Cola, Samsung and McDonalds and guess what? None of them have officially responded to the criticism of their products on Boards.ie, how odd of them not to be monitoring Boards.ie for mentions of their products eh? :rolleyes:

I re-bought a 32gb HP Touchpad a few weeks back to use with an Ion ICade. I originally got one in Harvey Normans back in the firesale but I sold it to my sister. Anyway there are a few cracks in the back panel (the seller warned me of this before I paid). Don't suppose anyone is doing repairs? I see that Electronic Partner Support being mentioned but their prices are a bit ridiculous (€90 for a new screen? I only paid €100 for the tablet).

I stuck CM9 on it but it's a little temperamental. Sometimes it takes several attempts to boot and if it doesn't like an app it starts restarting by itself. I have Llama on it to shut it down at 20%. Any other tips?

I see that Electronic Partner Support being mentioned but their prices are a bit ridiculous (€90 for a new screen? I only paid €100 for the tablet).
    It was €100 in the firesale in Harvey Normans. Originally they were €499. The parts alone cost more than €100 so to compare the price of a replacement screen to a "new" price of €100 is incorrect.

I shopped around comparing Electronic Partner with some local repair shops and no one would do it for less than €80. In fact most wouldn't even give me a price as parts are hard to get and it's not a standard/popular model.

If you really think Electronic Partner are too expensive please link to an alternative service who will collect the TP from you, fix it with a guarantee and return it to you for €90.

Alternatively, why not purchase the part from eBay for circa €50 and DIY the repair if you're handy enough that way? http://www.ebay.ie/itm/US-HP-Touchpad-Touch-Pad-Digitizer-Front-Panel-Lens-Screen-Parts-Repair-Fix-OEM-/230707927573?pt=Other_Tablet_eReader_Accessories&hash=item35b7439a15

Ref CM9 not working well for you. I recently followed the Clean Install guide here http://rootzwiki.com/topic/40107-rom-guide-how-to-updateinstall-android-42-43-and-442-builds-on-the-hp-touchpad/ and I now have CM10.1 Snapshot working on my TP. It's very stable. The camera, Bluetooth and WiFi all work very well. The only issue I have is that I cannot get any of my laptops/PC's to recognise it as a hard drive when connected by USB cable. They see it but MTP doesn't seem to work and whilst conected as a camera seems to work you can't transfer large media files using that option. My work around for transferring movies for the kids to watch is to boot into WebOS and then connect the USB cable. In WebOS its seen as an external hard drive no problem :cool:

Ben

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭ouncer

just to add to hp touchpad issues. i have touchpad on latest cm build. so i want to watch game of thrones on skygo. but i get an error message telling me my device is rooted. all efforts to unroot lead to same message. Grrrr. anyone figured this one out? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

ouncer wrote: »
    just to add to hp touchpad issues. i have touchpad on latest cm build. so i want to watch game of thrones on skygo. but i get an error message telling me my device is rooted. all efforts to unroot lead to same message. Grrrr. anyone figured this one out? Thanks

The touchpad originally shipped with WebOS. They were hacked to run android. If you are running android on the HP touchpad then it has been rooted and there is no way unroot as it is running completely custom ROM (Android)...

Follow this guide to fully uninstall Android from your TP. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VP-FH6fS2GI&feature=youtu.be

Installing Android on the TP roots the device so (perhaps) fully uninstalling Android will un-root it. It might be worth trying.

Ben

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭ouncer

BenThere wrote: »
    Follow this guide to fully uninstall Android from your TP. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VP-FH6fS2GI&feature=youtu.be

Installing Android on the TP roots the device so (perhaps) fully uninstalling Android will un-root it. It might be worth trying.

Ben

But then I just have WebOS and there is no SkyGo app for WebOS?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

But then I just have WebOS and there is no SkyGo app for WebOS?

There are almost no apps at all for webOS, dont be surprised. The project was killed by HP, and part of it has been open sourced AFAIK but it's not really taking off.

Follow instructions to install android, and dont look back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭The Mulk

Yeah, I've tried a good few things,all the free "hide my root" apps. Still no joy, didn't want to pay for one to find it wouldn't work and there's very little info on any other forums(fora??) about the Touchpad and skygo

Have a read about ACL on the touchpad, it seems they can get Netflix running on WebOS, so maybe Skygo would be the same.
    Although the licence is $20

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭LFC Murphy

There are almost no apps at all for webOS, dont be surprised. The project was killed by HP, and part of it has been open sourced AFAIK but it's not really taking off.

Follow instructions to install android, and dont look back.

I have a Pad that still has WebOS and am looking to install android.

I'm a complete notice so where can I find the best, complete instructions to install it.

Also which android version would people recommend. I just want a smooth running system.

Thanks

LFC Murphy wrote: »
    I have a Pad that still has WebOS and am looking to install android.

I'm a complete notice so where can I find the best, complete instructions to install it.

Also which android version would people recommend. I just want a smooth running system.

Thanks

Hey Murph,

So you need a project to keep you busy until LFC start their Premier League winning 2014/15 campaign?? :D

This is the most comprehensive guide I could find for installing Android onto the TP - http://rootzwiki.com/topic/40107-rom-guide-how-to-updateinstall-android-42-43-and-442-builds-on-the-hp-touchpad/ It looks daunting but if you take your time, read the instructions a few times before doing anything and follow the steps outlined in the various videos EXACTLY you'll be fine.

The version I have on my TP after trying a few of them is [ROM]Jcsullins CM10.1-SNAPSHOT-VPN-tenderloin-20131210 which you can download from http://goo.im/devs/jcsullins/cmtouchpad/testing/cm-10.1-20131210-SNAPSHOT-VPN-tenderloin.zip

Have fun and don't worry too much about bricking your TP, it's a lot harder than you think. Most situations can be recovered and help is at hand here and over on XDA etc.

Ben
    THIS IS OUR YEAR!! YNWA

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭LFC Murphy

Ya, really enjoyed last season :)

Anyway thanks, I'm kinda nervous, but will give it a go over the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭rocky

Have the white question mark on the battery screen on one of the Touchpads, there's a guide on restoring it, but seems complicated and involves booting Ubuntu... Not pushed on fixing it yet, while the other TP and Nexus are still going...

anyone fixed this issue before?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2072606

• Advertisement

EP Customer Support Team

Contacted by EP today so a dead Touchpad will not be returning to me. Pity, it was a nice device, lasted but 2 years and 3 months. Still got it at the knockdown price so cannot complain. Anyone in Dublin City want a Touchstone charger? PM me if you are near Hardcourt Street and can meet to collect it.

Advertisement