Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HP Touchpad tips and tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭spiderjazz

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Hmmm the Kalemsoft player doesnt seem to want to work for me too well.it works but movies are unwatchable on it. Also the pReader software. Again it works fine but the scrolling is awful. straight from one page to the next no fluidity.anyone got any tips?

1080p movies can be a bit juddery alright, other then that, just make sure you have the various tweaks done to speed it up. Also overclocking perhaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,531 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Why would you watch a 1080p clip on a touchpad?

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭thegift06

y wouldnt you?

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭stevekavo

Just got my 32g today,dont know where to start with it(after powering it on)Any suggestions?:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

thegift06 wrote: »
    y wouldnt you?

Because the screen is only 720 and it will struggle decoding the larger file.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭zinzan

stevekavo wrote: »
    Just got my 32g today,dont know where to start with it(after powering it on)Any suggestions?:D

Pack it up and post it to me - could do with another!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Because the screen is only 720 and it will struggle decoding the larger file.

720p played well for me use Kamelsoft but 1080p was slow as a snail! Tried both resolutions in Touchplayer and it would only play the audio.....

Can't wait for Android and some decent video players to use on it!

Cheers,
    M

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

The main reason would be that you happen to have a clip that it is 1080p and you don't want the hassle of converting it.

Edit: it has also been hinted that the hardware may support HDMI over USB, so with Android it may become possible to use a USB to HDMI adaptor and play movies from the touchpad on a big screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Is there any way to get Hulu working this side of the pond on the TP?

Ben

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭jimmy_t

splashtop now available for the introductory price of a fiver...http://www.splashtop.com/remote/hptouchpad
    good little app, definitely useful and easy setup

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

I had 1080p movies already, I actually have more then once device capable of displaying movies. Just didn't bother converting them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Ref Kamelsoft, I have two questions:-

1. Is there some way of widening the colum which lists the movie titles? I have the Sopranos on my TP but because they all follow a naming convention which is E.G. "The Sopranos Season 5 Episode 10 - Cold Cuts.avi" all I can see in when Kamelsoft lists the movie files is a column full of "The Sopranos Seas..." because the column is so narrow.

Is there a way to expand the column to see the full movie file name?

2. Is there a way to lock the screen when watching a movie so that touching the screen doesn't bring up the menu?

Ben

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Goolay

BenEadir wrote: »
    Ref Kamelsoft, I have two questions:-

1. Is there some way of widening the colum which lists the movie titles? I have the Sopranos on my TP but because they all follow a naming convention which is E.G. "The Sopranos Season 5 Episode 10 - Cold Cuts.avi" all I can see in when Kamelsoft lists the movie files is a column full of "The Sopranos Seas..." because the column is so narrow.

Is there a way to expand the column to see the full movie file name?

Ben

Same problem here - apparently they're going to address it in a future update/release

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Is there any way to adjust the microphone settings on the TP I can't for the life of me find mic settings anywhere?

I'm using the TP for Skype quite a bit but am told that at times it's clipping my voice and it seems like I need to turn the mic down a bit.

invest4deepvalue.com

Do-more wrote: »
    Is there any way to adjust the microphone settings on the TP I can't for the life of me find mic settings anywhere?

I'm using the TP for Skype quite a bit but am told that at times it's clipping my voice and it seems like I need to turn the mic down a bit.

Think this is a bug in Skype :-(

Output to HDMI with Android would be savage! All we would need then is a native Android BitTorrent client!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭superflyninja

where did ye download skype? I couldnt find it on the market!

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭scary

where did ye download skype? I couldnt find it on the market!

its built in goto phone and video calls in the apps tab

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

madmoe wrote: »
    All we would need then is a native Android BitTorrent client!

There are several already...

• Advertisement

Baza210 wrote: »
    madmoe wrote: »
    All we would need then is a native Android BitTorrent client!

There are several already...

Great! Which the best then?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 843 ✭✭✭maygitchell

If any of you feel the need for a separate forum, head on over to http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056407971

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Moyglish

I just picked up a Touchpad a few days ago, and last night I transferred over a movie (avi) onto it to test it out - however for the life of me I can't find where the movie has gone?

There's no trace of it anywhere, or where should I be looking?

When I google transferring movies onto Touchpad I just get links wanting me to purchase software to change the format of the file.

I'm heading off on holidays early next week and would love to be able to bring the Touchpad with me for movies and stuff.. any ideas?

Sorry for such a n00b question :o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,497 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Moyglish wrote: »
    I just picked up a Touchpad a few days ago, and last night I transferred over a movie (avi) onto it to test it out - however for the life of me I can't find where the movie has gone?

There's no trace of it anywhere, or where should I be looking?

When I google transferring movies onto Touchpad I just get links wanting me to purchase software to change the format of the file.

I'm heading off on holidays early next week and would love to be able to bring the Touchpad with me for movies and stuff.. any ideas?

Sorry for such a n00b question :o

Make sure it's in the DCIM folder, if they're elsewhere they get missed out on sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Moyglish

Thanks for that!

99% percent of my movie backups are in the .avi format - do I need to convert them all to something else to play on the touchpad?

Or what's the Kalemsoft(?) software like? Is it worth the E6?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

looks like Android on the TP is a step closer (albeit a hobbling, crippled step).

http://lifehacker.com/5846884/android-is-kind-of-up-and-running-on-an-hp-touchpad

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

vibe666 wrote: »
    looks like Android on the TP is a step closer (albeit a hobbling, crippled step).

http://lifehacker.com/5846884/android-is-kind-of-up-and-running-on-an-hp-touchpad

The CyanogenMod version is dual booting and does work, just needs a few bits sorted before it will be released.

Yay. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭celj

The CyanogenMod version is dual booting and does work, just needs a few bits sorted before it will be released.

Yay. :pac:

I'm waiting for Cyanogenmod,just wish it was done!!!
    They don't give any ETA so no one knows when it will be available.

Build progress here:

http://rootzwiki.com/showthread.php?5682-Build-Progress-Updated-10-5

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Can you get burn in on the TP screen?

Mine sits on the Touchstone with the clock displayed for about 20hrs a day, I'm just concerned that the clock face and text will leave a lasting impression...

invest4deepvalue.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Yes, IPS displays can be susceptible to "image retention".

Advertisement