Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HP Touchpad tips and tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

BenEadir wrote: »
    Has anyone been able to get the flash player on www.liveonlinefooty.com working? I've been able to get flash working on you tube etc but liveonlinefooty aways fails to load :mad:

Bump ^^^

Also,

Is there a way to set up users with separate profiles and login's for the TP? I've set up my email accounts etc but my kids also use the TP for games and web surfing etc. I'd prefer if they didn't have unhindered access to my email accounts and calendar when they are using it but at the moment all I can find is a PIN/Password code for generally unlocking the screen but not the ability to set up different users a la Windows.

Ben

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 248 ✭✭I love Joan Burton

madmoe wrote: »
    True but ones does love fiddling ;-)

Ah partyatmygaff we meet again, hows that android port you were working on coming along?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Has anyone been able to get the flash player on www.liveonlinefooty.com working? I've been able to get flash working on you tube etc but liveonlinefooty aways fails to load :mad:

Bump ^^^

Also,

Is there a way to set up users with separate profiles and login's for the TP? I've set up my email accounts etc but my kids also use the TP for games and web surfing etc. I'd prefer if they didn't have unhindered access to my email accounts and calendar when they are using it but at the moment all I can find is a PIN/Password code for generally unlocking the screen but not the ability to set up different users a la Windows.

Ben

This should be the next step for tablets but I believe its not easy to implement. I would like to see user accounts too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Just downloaded the Stuff app and for all us geeks in the house it's pretty cool!

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭EI_Flyboy

Bump ^^^

Also,

Ben

Just came across Gauth in the app catalogue, not too sure if it's what you're looking for though but it seems it adds an extra layer of protection to your gmail, that is if you use gmail... I've just installed it myself, shall see how it goes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Anyone find a better pdf reader? Font seems very blurry using adobe.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭jemmyboy

Have the Kindle IPK file now guys, is it just a matter of installing it using the WebOSQuickInstaller?

Also, anyone used the guide here to overclock to 1.7GHz? - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1230912

can I get the kindle thing off you please ???:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭iPhone.

Nifty workaround in this thread on precentral to enable printing from the touchpad to a non-HP printer

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touchpad-homebrew/299119-printing-any-printer-using-touchpad-solution.html

still a work in progress but gets the job done for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭ullickmagee

Side loading of Ebooks for the kindle app now working, Just follow the steps on the first page update on post no 1.

Got over 1000 books onto my touchpad in less than 1 hour yesterday.:D

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touchpad-homebrew/297377-real-kindle-sideloading-solution.html

Just make sure you follow the steps to the letter.

• Tinie wrote: »

I'm trying to overclock my touchpad as per the instructions in tip 3 of the above guide. However I keep getting the following message:
    "The instructions you are following are obsolete. See http//testing.preware.org/"

Help! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

I'm trying to overclock my touchpad as per the instructions in tip 3 of the above guide. However I keep getting the following message:

Help! :)

Me getting that as well mate, you trying to overclock to 1.7GHz?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 248 ✭✭I love Joan Burton

Me getting that as well mate, you trying to overclock to 1.7GHz?

Waiting on mine from fnac today or monday, is there any benefit in overclocking? or will i just leave it as it is? dont want to stress the components as id want to still have it in good condition when i start my masters next year?

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭jimmy_t

Waiting on mine from fnac today or monday, is there any benefit in overclocking? or will i just leave it as it is? dont want to stress the components as id want to still have it in good condition when i start my masters next year?
    Programs open a second or so faster, not much in it, battery life goes down, depends on what you want to trade off, i'm going for the battery life it makes a bigger difference to me, you can always try it and revert back if it doesnt suit you.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

jimmy_t wrote: »
    Programs open a second or so faster, not much in it, battery life goes down, depends on what you want to trade off, i'm going for the battery life it makes a bigger difference to me, you can always try it and revert back if it doesnt suit you.

I've mine clocked at 1.5 using uberkernal, with that and the system logging tweaks that you can do my Pad is very responsive so havn't needed to push past 1.5.

• liamog wrote: »
    I've mine clocked at 1.5 using uberkernal, with that and the system logging tweaks that you can do my Pad is very responsive so havn't needed to push past 1.5.
    I want to overclock to 1.5 too. Can you tell me how you did it please? I'm in dire need....

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

This is the best guide I've seen:
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touchpad/293028-new-touchpad-heres-your-get-started-guide.html

It goes through all of the tips and tweaks you find elsewhere, and includes overclocking with uberkernel.

It has been superceeded a little with other kernels available for clocking up to 19Ghz, but other than that it's the best guide out there. (in fact I'm pretty sure 90% of the other guides are simply taking a section or two from this guide)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

stevenmu wrote: »
    This is the best guide I've seen:
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touchpad/293028-new-touchpad-heres-your-get-started-guide.html

It goes through all of the tips and tweaks you find elsewhere, and includes overclocking with uberkernel.

It has been superceeded a little with other kernels available for clocking up to 19Ghz, but other than that it's the best guide out there. (in fact I'm pretty sure 90% of the other guides are simply taking a section or two from this guide)

That's the one I used, by the end of the tutorial you end up with a very responsive touchpad.

• I read that entire guide but nowhere does it give steps on overclocking. It has links to pages on Uberkernel and Govna but no tutorial. If one of you guys could tell me step by step to overclock to 1.5 I'd be most grateful.

I read that entire guide but nowhere does it give steps on overclocking. It has links to pages on Uberkernel and Govna but no tutorial. If one of you guys could tell me step by step to overclock to 1.5 I'd be most grateful.

Here ya go sham!

Section 3 has all the info you need.

You can overclock higher, 1.9GHz for example, but tbh i have mine oveclocked to 1.5Ghz using UberKernel and its plenty nippy.

• iPhone. wrote: »
    Here ya go sham!

Section 3 has all the info you need.

You can overclock higher, 1.9GHz for example, but tbh i have mine oveclocked to 1.5Ghz using UberKernel and its plenty nippy.

:confused: Section 3? Of what?

• Advertisement

:D:D:D:D Jaysus, not your day!

this is eeejit proof, you prob have all done up to step seven

http://www.touchpadplus.com/

• iPhone. wrote: »

Ok thanks...seems to say the same thing as Section 3 of the other guide except for adding the feed. God knows what adding the feed does then.

iPhone. wrote: »

Ok thanks...seems to say the same thing as Section 3 of the other guide except for adding the feed. God knows what adding the feed does then.

They reorganised the feeds due to all the new people picking up touchpad. I was able to get Ubuntu running using Xecutah etc... without needing to add Amy of the testing feeds at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Anyone find a solution to this?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Pj! wrote: »
    Anyone find a solution to this?

Not yet PJ. www.footytube.com works fine but that's just MOTD type highlights. If I could get liveonlinefooty working I'd be a very happy man!!

On another point. I'm not very happy with the sound volume on the TP. The speakers work fine but headphone volume seems very low. I've tried different headphones and it's the same on them all. Is there a way to pump up the volume??

Ben

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭EI_Flyboy

another point. I'm not very happy with the sound volume on the TP. The speakers work fine but headphone volume seems very low. I've tried different headphones and it's the same on them all. Is there a way to pump up the volume??

Ben

In Preware under Linux applications there are two tweaks to increase the volume. Give them a go!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Been playing around with kalemsoft media player and kalemsoft media streamer

It is excellent!
    Set your router to forward tcp/udp traffic to the ip of your local machine running the program on port 7000 and 7001 and you can stream every video you want onto your touchpad!
    It didn't take long to figure out, but if anyone needs a hand, I could probably help, or do a write up.
    The media streamer can also be run on linux using wine (way i have mine running on mint).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

Hmmm the Kalemsoft player doesnt seem to want to work for me too well.it works but movies are unwatchable on it. Also the pReader software. Again it works fine but the scrolling is awful. straight from one page to the next no fluidity.anyone got any tips?

Advertisement