Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic **This Thread Now Closed For Business**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

They stopped at Saw 7. The franchise just promises you a few things and delivers : nasty gore, different traps with some kind of twisted morality tale, a tie in to the previous films, and a nice revelation montage at the end. Although the link to the previous films got v tenuous (how many people were in the same scene that the camera didn't see!) I think it's worth ten bucks once a year. I'd be happy if they made 20 of them. With insidious etc it's not like it's preventing some great other horror films coming out.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,863 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

yeah they were enjoyable, if that's the right word to use. Like Final Destination, it was all about the deaths. Though have to admit, Jigsaw was really well prepared. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,974 ✭✭✭cena

Well feck it. Cooker switch has just gone up in smoke. Wire has burnt in it. Microwave has stopped heating food.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Got our wedding photos back today, and there is a brilliant shot, in the middle of all the beauty shots, of myself, Lisa, the bridesmaids and groomsmen, all standing in the Japanese Gardens, doing the YES chant.

Still grinning like an ejjit!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,328 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Angron wrote: »
    I don't think I've seen a Saw movie since Saw 3. How the devil is it still going?
    Jigsaw secretly had apprentices (and other apprentices the apprentices didn't know about)
    jaykhunter wrote: »
    They stopped at Saw 7. The franchise just promises you a few things and delivers : nasty gore, different traps with some kind of twisted morality tale, a tie in to the previous films, and a nice revelation montage at the end. Although the link to the previous films got v tenuous (how many people were in the same scene that the camera didn't see!) I think it's worth ten bucks once a year. I'd be happy if they made 20 of them. With insidious etc it's not like it's preventing some great other horror films coming out.

As bad as they were, I still watched all of them. It just became a case of "How on earth will they keep this going?"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Got our wedding photos back today

Congratulation man.

As Jerry Lawler said on Raw this week, marriage is grand, but divorce is a hundred grand :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Any plans for a Wrong Turn 6? Loved those films as much as Saw!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Someone in Japan tried to access my Facebook page today, with the right password apparently. Got blocked cause Ive never accessed Facebook from Japan. :P

Never use it, mind, but making me wonder what else I need to change the password on, AND how they got the right password in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,974 ✭✭✭cena

Anyone know how I can put a dvd online. We got a dvd of the brothers weddings and I would like to share with the family in the states

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

cena wrote: »
    Anyone know how I can put a dvd online. We got a dvd of the brothers weddings and I would like to share with the family in the states

Download a program called mpeg streamclip, it will rip the dvd and make it a mp4 so you can put it online.

• Advertisement

Squeeeee....

Gamestop just on the phone, confirming I'll be getting a Day One Edition of Xbone next week. So excite. Awesome. Cant wait.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

What games are you getting with it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Question for ye gamers. More avid gamers but point stands. Would ye know your Gamestop etc staff by name? I think it's the only area of retail where a regular customer wouldn't necessarily be friendly with people working there despite being in regularly.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yup, but then I was in the same year and good friends with one of the folks that works in the Gamestop, and by extension hung out with the others from the shop too. Nearly the same story with the local Xtra-Vision.

jaykhunter wrote: »
    What games are you getting with it?

Fifa (which comes free as part of the bundle) and Dead Rising 3.

Thanks to Day One On Demand though, I'll probably top up my credit card and get AC4, Lego Marvel and either Ghosts or Battlefield over the two weeks after launch :D

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Jenda

I got promoted today at work, and the fradulent charges that completely WIPED my bank account this week after my Paypal got hacked have all been reversed (and Paypal were fantastic about it!)

45.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Congrats Jenda, always good to hear news like that

cool advert, or is it just that Van Damme is cool... kinda wanna watch JCVD or Bloodsport now

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Jenda

Cheers mate, nothing like logging into your bank account and seeing 2000 euro suddenly missing to make you panic a bit but its all sorted now!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Jenda wrote: »
    Cheers mate, nothing like logging into your bank account and seeing 2000 euro suddenly missing to make you panic a bit but its all sorted now!!

Jaysus yeah that would make you sit up and take notice although its situations like those where afterwards you feel extra good without getting extra just cos your so relieved to have what you lost again.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I'm heading to Amsterdam in January. Is it any use over there can anyone tell me?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Omackeral wrote: »
    I'm heading to Amsterdam in January. Is it any use over there can anyone tell me?

Im thinking about heading that way myself for my b day in Jan

Im thinking about heading that way myself for my b day in Jan

Got a cool deal on GroupOn actually for my one. Have a look on there if you think of it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Probably one of my favorite Cities Amsterdam. Was the first real city break myself and the missus went on years ago and we've been three times since. We were somewhat surprised just about how nice and beautiful the city was. Plenty to do. We did the museums, we did the nice canal trips, we did the bicycles and of course we did the coffee shops and red light.

Actually a bit of a laugh the red light district. Thing about Amsterdam is it could all be done a bit OTT, sleazy and in your face but it's pitched just perfect. You'll have a blast.

There's something great about a guy called Shagnastii in the Red Light District!

Thanks for that post, sounds exactly what we'd be after. Her for the coffee shops and bike rides, me for the museums and regular rides :p Is Anne Frank's gaff near the city?

There's something great about a guy called Shagnastii in the Red Light District!

Thanks for that post, sounds exactly what we'd be after. Her for the coffee shops and bike rides, me for the museums and regular rides :p Is Anne Frank's gaff near the city?

Ah I've long outgrown my username:pac:

Anne Frank's place is smack bang in the middle of it. Worth a look but don't feel ya have missed anything if you miss it.

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Ah I've long outgrown my username:pac:

Anne Frank's place is smack bang in the middle of it. Worth a look but don't feel ya have missed anything if you miss it.

Well I'm gonna be in the Dam, Anne Frankly it'll be a wasted opportunity if I don't check it out..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Well I'm gonna be in the Dam, Anne Frankly it'll be a wasted opportunity if I don't check it out..

I did Nazi that coming!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Does one use Dancor`s Method there :D

This reminds me of a great gag often told.

There was a play on in Liverpool about Anne Frank's house. The first scene where the Nazi's arrive to search the house somebody in the audience shouts out "SHE'S IN THE ATTIC!!!!".

• Advertisement

Anyone know if Gamestop are doing their upgrade thing on Lego Marvel where I can get it for the 360 tomorrow and upgrade to the X1 edition next week?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement