Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic **This Thread Now Closed For Business**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,695 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Ever since the likes of Keifer Sutherland and Christian Slater got tv roles, I was waiting for a Kevin Bacon series. So I'll watch. Now where's my Emilio Estevez series?

He dont act anymore I think more directing, last I remember seeing him in was an episode of 2 and 1/2 men

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    He dont act anymore I think more directing, last I remember seeing him in was an episode of 2 and 1/2 men

So no more Mighty Ducks?
    Any time I see Kevin Bacon i'm reminded of when Roger dressed up as him in American dad, just a wig and the nose lol

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Cactus Colm

Speaking of Future Endeavours ... Colin Murray has is getting kicked off Match Of The Day 2 at the end of the season.

I'd say it's a big mistake, thought he was great, brought a different feel to the show over MOTD which is far too serious and staid (also, stale).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

CMpunked wrote: »
    Lads, workout songs/playlists?

Other than the usual drum and bass, that can get mega repetitive..

WWF Attitude Era music does it for me.

Triple H - 'Time to play the game' is the ultimate barbell curl song :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I'm no good at exercising to "ARRRGHH **** THE WORLD I'M ANGRY" music. Bitta Doves does the job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,921 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

But I will continue to live in hope. Michael J fox is coming back to tv, so can Emilio. :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Fans of the Elder Scroll series. You can sign up to have a chance to Beta test the Elder Scrolls MMO thats in development. :)

http://signup.elderscrollsonline.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Penn wrote: »

Most of the rest of my workout playlists are the usual stuff from Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Metallica, AC/DC etc. I find it's best to try and mix it up with songs you don't often listen to, and favourite songs. Some long songs in the mix too can help make the time go faster.

I'd usually listen to songs I listen a lot to, but I find myself playing air bass as if I'm hogan making an entrance in 2003.
    So I need some very new music to mix it up with.

I'll check out all that's suggested for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

Speaking of Future Endeavours ... Colin Murray has is getting kicked off Match Of The Day 2 at the end of the season.

I'd say it's a big mistake, thought he was great, brought a different feel to the show over MOTD which is far too serious and staid (also, stale).
    I find him incredibly irritating tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Is anyone familiar with the Social Services office in Waterford?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I'm no good at exercising to "ARRRGHH **** THE WORLD I'M ANGRY" music. Bitta Doves does the job.

Ditto. I think the whole "work out music" thing is a bit of a myth. Listen to something you enjoy to help pass the time. Thats it really as far as I am concerned.

gimmick wrote: »
    Ditto. I think the whole "work out music" thing is a bit of a myth. Listen to something you enjoy to help pass the time. Thats it really as far as I am concerned.

Gimmick hasn't worked out to the Rocky theme so.
    Don,don,don,da,dun,da.....

• Registered Users Posts: 28,921 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was looking at running albums on amazon and they're crap "Now That's what I Call Running" consists of songs like Owl Town's Fireflies. Not much of a running or workout song in my opinion. And not until disc 3 that it gets into ones I would count like Rocky songs

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I like something metal and chugging for walking/running, like Rammstein or Lamb of God. I certainly can't imagine something like "Fireflies" being music to get a good run out of.

Also sometimes music is unnecessary when your treadmill is at the perfect angle to get a great view of the yoga section. Although we have a large fellow in our gym who got caught peering at a female seemingly from Lesbiania and took a nosebleed inducing slap.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Also sometimes music is unnecessary when your treadmill is at the perfect angle to get a great view of the yoga section. Although we have a large fellow in our gym who got caught peering at a female seemingly from Lesbiania and took a nosebleed inducing slap.

always knew that place was real:p

i'll supply the film crew if you supply the directions :pac::P;)

Also sometimes music is unnecessary when your treadmill is at the perfect angle to get a great view of the yoga section.
    Big danger of going flying off the treadmill when they go into downward facing dog though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,193 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Running on the roads. No music, better to hear your stride rate, breathing etc.

when in the treadmill I start off listening to music then ditch it after a while for the reasons above.

lifting, don't need music at all - I am usually focused on what i'm doing and wouldn't hear the music anyway.

Big danger of going flying off the treadmill when they go into downward facing dog though.
    An excited codger is an excellent anchoring mechanism. God bless the humble boner.

An excited codger is an excellent anchoring mechanism. God bless the humble boner.

An anatomical handbrake if you will.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

It seems going by posts here, that virtually everyone here is a big gym user and runner. Didnt think the pro wrestling forum was so fit... how strange :pac: ;)

Anyway, I just play rugby and lift weights maybe once a week when im arsed, and still stay in relatively good shape. I also eat like a fat amercian.

All this talk of erections and treadmills has me thinking how painful it would be to fall flat on a moving treadmill with one.
    Lesbiania is that somewhere in eastern europe Diabhal?

Frighteningly close to Wexford and Cork

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Frighteningly close to Wexford and Cork

You better not be talking about the DEISE

Haha, Eden Hazard sent off for kicking a ball boy in the Chelsea/Swansea game. Classic...

Haha, Eden Hazard sent off for kicking a ball boy in the Chelsea/Swansea game. Classic...

Sterling work from ole Rafa again. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Too late to nominate the Swansea ball boy for an Oscar? Well played son,well played.Guaranteed your seat on the bus to Wembley haha

acting the maggot tbh

io5DdBsqd6kbl.gif

Deserved or not, it was stupid of Hazard. He'll be lucky to avoid a lenghty ban...

• Advertisement

Deserved or not, it was stupid of Hazard. He'll be lucky to avoid a lenghty ban...

Its clear he was just trying to kick the ball from under his stomach, still the tabloids will be all over this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement