Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic **This Thread Now Closed For Business**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Haha, I can't believe today's results. So, so happy.

You're right, it's amazing. 7 points clear of City, 11 ahead of Chelsea, and we've got a dreadful midfield and defence. Imagine if we could actually sort our **** out!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Prison Break is awesome, coincidentally re-watching it from start to finish as the misses hasn't watched it before, and watched the season 1 finale last night.

For anyone who hasn't seen Inglorious Basterds, it's on tonight on rte2, amazing film.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Premiership has been rubbish this season. I find it more amazing that City are second they have been woeful in all departments and are the only challengers to an inevitable Utd Premier League trophy. Chelsea are a circus, Arsenal are a mess but will get 4th and the rest are filling in the numbers to various levels of low quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

GTR63 wrote: »
    Premiership has been rubbish this season. I find it more amazing that City are second they have been woeful in all departments and are the only challengers to an inevitable Utd Premier League trophy. Chelsea are a circus, Arsenal are a mess but will get 4th and the rest are filling in the numbers to various levels of low quality.

Look at Liverpool, they' ve been pure poison yet 4th still isn't an outrageous prospect. The fact that this is the case shows how dire the league isEvery single team in the league has huge flaws. United are top purely on will to win and having class up front.

• Advertisement

Look at Liverpool, they' ve been pure poison yet 4th still isn't an outrageous prospect. The fact that this is the case shows how dire the league isEvery single team in the league has huge flaws. United are top purely on will to win and having class up front.

We are still 8th going into the stoke game despite being rubbish on the road and being very dodgy at home(that deserved Villa loss even by Liverpool standards takes some going).
    We FINALLY get a peno..Horray.

GTR63 wrote: »

We are still 8th going into the stoke game despite being rubbish on the road and being very dodgy at home(that deserved Villa loss even by Liverpool standards takes some going).
    We FINALLY get a peno..Horray.
    Great response by Stoke. Been a great day so far. Lots more goals in this game though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I don't think the league is that bad, its just everyone is more evenly matched.

It used to be several mini leagues 1-2, 3-4, 5-8, 9-12, 13-15, 16-20. Everyone had a group and it rarely changed. Now it's 1-2/3, 3/4-8, 9-12, 13-20 and bar the first group, it changes fairly often.

The top teams have more or less stood still, with Liverpool going backwards. Everyone else meanwhile has improved to make everything much tighter.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,038 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Charisteas wrote: »
    Prison Break is awesome, coincidentally re-watching it from start to finish as the misses hasn't watched it before, and watched the season 1 finale last night.

For anyone who hasn't seen Inglorious Basterds, it's on tonight on rte2, amazing film.

Must watch it again myself..is it as good the second time round??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Must watch it again myself..is it as good the second time round??

I would have to say yes! And I'm someone who almost never re-watches a series or movie more than once.

You lose some suspense obviously but I loved watching it again knowing the future. I can only speak from season 1 though, perhaps when we get stuck into season 2 and beyond it won't be as good the second time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Congrats lad!
    Nice touch by them. The customer service has become phenomenal since I used to be on their books.

Box of tissues at the ready for MOTD!

And Liverpool lose today as well.

picard.bmp

Started Undead Nightmare yesterday and have to say, I'm a little disappointed. 75% after only 7 hours game-play seems an awful lot. Was hoping their would be more in it than that. The GTA IV add ons took about 20 hours each. Probably have 100% in about 10 hours of game-play.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Started Undead Nightmare yesterday and have to say, I'm a little disappointed. 75% after only 7 hours game-play seems an awful lot. Was hoping their would be more in it than that. The GTA IV add ons took about 20 hours each. Probably have 100% in about 10 hours of game-play.
    Bought Undead Nightmare ages ago and found it a bit boring & one note much prefer playing Left 4 Dead for Zombie thrills, i`d of preferred more campaign missions or a new character storyline. Waiting for Far Cry 3 as my brother is waiting for it to get delivered to give it to me for x-mas. Getting through the huge backlog.
    I won a TV
    Nice Christmas Present. :)
    Congrats Prime nut, enjoy it!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

There's definitely not much meat on the bones with UN, basically stop sieges in many towns in the same way & hit rooftops to sort out the defence...I still thought it was a lot of fun though; even if it was way below some side-missions or the main plot. To be fair, Rockstar set the bar for DLC a bit too high with GTA IV. Surely it's priced the same? Hopefully you get your 10 hours' worth :)

Popped in Lost & Damned earlier today meself! It's a bit odd since I'm going thru S4 of Sons of Anarchy with my bro. Can't stand Katie Segal's character. The "maw"...hardnosed judgmental c*** - does she do exactly besides drink, whore around, start fights and make things worse for everyone else? :mad: ....:pac:

Catching up on this stuff over Xmas is great. Now if I could muster up the will to finish off American Horror Story. It's been SO depressing these last few eps.

It just seems thrown together. The story doesnt seem to follow any particular path. Just there are zombies now and you have to survive them. Started good but has just been all over the place since. Jack and Abi (you know, the reason he started this thing) have hardly been mentioned lately.

On the Social Club it says I have the last five missions done, but not the four before it. There better be a better ending than what Ricketts gave me! This nun better pull something better than her crap Holy Water out too. Maybe a portable mini gun? :D

I miss the strangers from the main game. Some of them are in it, but they all try to tie in to the main story. Nothing outside of that. The original strangers gave you stuff completely unrelated to the main game (like the guy building his own plane) so it was more fun to mix it up every now and then.

Also, trying to kill a bear with a fcuking stick is hard! It was already hard enough with guns! :pac:

This song has been stuck in my head all day.

Police Academy 3 on at the minute, amazing that Motormouth Jones has done nothing the last 20-ish years he is the movie equivalent of Carlton Banks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,974 ✭✭✭cena

He has. He does comedy shows. Look him up on YouTube

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Anyone doing anything exiting for New Years Eve? I think Jools Holland and a few cans will do me, I'm a bit burnt out by the festivities at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'm probably heading to Galway or Athlone with my usual bottle of jagermeister :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,894 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Anyone doing anything exiting for New Years Eve? I think Jools Holland and a few cans will do me, I'm a bit burnt out by the festivities at this stage.

Im in 2 minds at this stage , either head out in Kildare or head to a friends place in dublin . Hopefully this might be my last New Years in Ireland for awhile since im gonna apply for a canadian or america visa in the new year :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'd love to go to Canada at some point in my life. It's in my top 5 countries to visit, along with Russia, Norway, Sweden and Finland (you may have guessed I like it cold).

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,894 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Denny M wrote: »
    I'd love to go to Canada at some point in my life. It's in my top 5 countries to visit, along with Russia, Norway, Sweden and Finland (you may have guessed I like it cold).

Yea Canada is my top choice , plus my godmother lives in Toronto so i can stay there for the beginning . Also the new travel visas will be 2 years instead of one

Working :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Working :(

If it makes you feel any better I was working Christmas day and now have my Girlfriends mother and sister staying at mine on new years eve.

living the dream :pac:

If it makes you feel any better I was working Christmas day and now have my Girlfriends mother and sister staying at mine on new years eve.

living the dream :pac:

You could pretend to be Charlie and their your Angels.
    :)

Ever feel like building something?

Just finished a WoW lego set (yes, I know but it was fun :P), and it's left me with an urge to build something. Not lego or something simple. Like a proper, multi-month project. Just don't know what :/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

If you want, me and you can organise a heap of fundraisers, the usual kinda stuff, raffles at race nights held in dive pubs in the middle of nowhere. Then when we have enough money raised we can go "out foreign" and help build huts and houses and wells for the less fortunate.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Ever feel like building something?

Just finished a WoW lego set (yes, I know but it was fun :P), and it's left me with an urge to build something. Not lego or something simple. Like a proper, multi-month project. Just don't know what :/

If you're thinking of a never-quite-grew-up version of building a fort then I am completely up for helping.

And yes, I am completely serious.

Man, I miss building forts.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement