Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic **This Thread Now Closed For Business**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

I've been trying to find the radio nova secret Santa today.(Great Dublin rock radio station for all you in countryland) Pain in the ass. Although I did get some laughs. Anybody that asked me was I the radio nova secret santa, I put out my hand to them as if to say congratulations then tell them NO. Watching their faces has been funny but also awful at the same time. Thank god they found it funny too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

cena wrote: »
    I found 20 euro walking up to the cop shop

Hope you handed it in :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 85,101 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Used to have a soft spot for Lost Prophets as well:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Bais before we get wiped out by a comet or whatever I just want to let you know one thing: Tis fierce cold out.

• Advertisement

I would KILL to get tickets to the home leg in Old Trafford - the atmosphere would be incredible!!
    There won't be that much atmosphere in fairness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

Bais before we get wiped out by a comet or whatever I just want to let you know one thing: Tis fierce cold out.

Might as well admit this now that the end of the world is nigh. Me and Diabhal are life partners. Great little ride so he is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Is that you georgie burgess?

GTR63 wrote: »
    Is that you georgie burgess?
    A1 Diabhal.

A1 Diabhal.

On the Bible?

• Advertisement

I am the Lisa Murphy to your Ger Kean

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

o_O

See, I always knew there was something off about you country folks in here

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

just looked outside my window... zombie meteor volcanoes everywhere.

GTR63 wrote: »

On the Bible?
    On the floor, in Hassett's field, in the arse.

We've done it everywhere bai.

orestes wrote: »
    o_O

See, I always knew there was something off about you country folks in here
    Spoken like a man who never pulled in Coppers

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

We all know from countless movies that the end of the world wont start till its the 21st ib America :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I hope parts of the earth start falling away from me any minute now. I went out and murdered a few people in cold blood tonight, since it's all finishing up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

The bribery level **** I learning from friends on Facebook and Twitter from people confessing things due to the end of the world. OMG.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

The world can't be ending, guys. 'Busted' went to the Year 3000.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Cant help but notice a distinct lack of being dead. :pac:

• Advertisement

Ahem. So yeah looks like we're all still here. DB - just a good friend.

*Runs*

I regret 12 pubs

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Well if the world ends today at least i can say I got the last post of the day on boards

is it wrong that I celebrate it when I do? :o

I regret 12 pubs

I hope Pete.C didn't take advantage of a tired and emotional Diabhal.
    Fair quiet on PW boards lately.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

If anything, you'll see some groups calling for teachers to be armed before they call for controlled gun laws.

And on cue, the NRA are now calling for armed guards in schools. Jesus.... :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yep, that sounds like a solid plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

And on cue, the NRA are now calling for armed guards in schools. Jesus.... :rolleyes:

Gob****es. Are they going to pay for them?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

I think having armed military security in schools is a good idea. I would certainly feel a lot safer knowing that my kid was attending a school with two trained soldiers standing at the gates.

Charisteas wrote: »
    I think having armed military security in schools is a good idea. I would certainly feel a lot safer knowing that my kid was attending a school with two trained soldiers standing at the gates.
    It solves nothing. Still doesn't stop the next psycho killing everyone on the schoolbus on the way home or on a Saturday in the shopping mall. Giving everyone a gun seems to me a bizarre way to eliminate a problem that only exists because everyone and anyone can get their hands on a gun if they want to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Couldn't believe that NRA guy today saying the only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is having a good guy with a gun. How about option three - don't give bad guys access to guns.

It's a strange mentality to think the best way to fight gun violence is by having more guns. The sad thing is I heard a reporter saying that around 53% of Americans actually agree with this line of thinking so it's quite possible this could happen.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement