Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic **This Thread Now Closed For Business**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Breaking Bad is fcuking awesome and just keeps getting better imo. Easily the best show going these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Was bored so I just set up and decorated my Christmas tree didn't turn on the lights i'll wait until Saturday for that.
    Anybody watch the amazing spiderman film, was looking forward to it but it didn't do a lot that the old trilogy didn't already do imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,968 ✭✭✭cena

GTR63 wrote: »
    Was bored so I just set up and decorated my Christmas tree didn't turn on the lights i'll wait until Saturday for that.
    Anybody watch the amazing spiderman film, was looking forward to it but it didn't do a lot that the old trilogy didn't already do imo.

I watched it with my little cousins. I liked it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Big Totti mark myself. Same with Zanetti, Nedved and a bit further back Batistuta.
    Good aul Pavel

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

It was so great not having Maguire and Dunst as the leads. Another re-threading of the origin story won't ever engage u that much but it's my favourite of the 4. Loved the sewer scene with lots of webs although could've used BONESAW! I got you for three minutes YEAH!

• Advertisement

jaykhunter wrote: »
    It was so great not having Maguire and Dunst as the leads. Another re-threading of the origin story won't ever engage u that much but it's my favourite of the 4. Loved the sewer scene with lots of webs although could've used BONESAW! I got you for three minutes YEAH!

Yeah Bonesaw and the hooker valets ruled. It may have been the origin story being done again that gave me deja vu. Didn't like seeing Spiderman get unmasked 3 times either, its only the first film.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Had a pretty awesome weekend in London, the Alexisonfire gigs were outstanding! Got all the Christmas shopping sorted too.

Off for the next 3 days and have Chikara's Tournico Cibernetico to watch and my House of Hardcore DVD arrived too! Pretty savage start to December and the best is yet to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

The new kid playing Parker was garbage, nowhere enough talented to capture the vulnerability of Peter like Maguire did. Way to smug to be likable.

I do admit that Emma Stone was quite good, Dunst despite been a bloody awesome actress was no more than one dimensional eye candy in the original trilogy. The British fella phoned it in however, especially compared to Molina who was one the best villians portrayed on superhero film recently.

Seen Argo the other day, Ben Affleck is really picking his roles quite well since he and Lopez parted. Very interesting film.:)

Garfield is that his name? was woeful as Spidey. Got Avengers to watch but I doubt i'll watch that until late Thursday night with Tna and the Champ League on. Oh and Liverpool in the europa(stop laughing). I know we have an MMA thread but I cannot wait for that FOX card saturday night.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

shocked to hear people prefer the rubber faced pairing of Dunst & Maguire. Couldn't stand them and didn't think the movies were anything special, sure fans had turned on the franchise at #3. But I see what ye are saying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,237 ✭✭✭✭Penn

If you're driving slowly and the line "I'll get you into penetration" comes on your very loud radio just as you're going past a schoolgirl, are you put on the sex offenders register?

If so, I'm going to be on the sex offenders register.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Only if you start winking suggestively.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

Denny M wrote: »
    Only if you start winking suggestively.
    Or if the "i" in winking was an "a."

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

shocked to hear people prefer the rubber faced pairing of Dunst & Maguire. Couldn't stand them and didn't think the movies were anything special, sure fans had turned on the franchise at #3. But I see what ye are saying.

On reflection, first one was fine, second one was fantastic although it was a super performance from Molina which elevated it, third was garbage. They tried to fit in way to much and they wasted Venom which is disgraceful as their is so much to do with that character, could have quite easily built the film around it but it felt like an after thought, with a million sub plots and characters popping up every few minutes.
    I'd take Stone over Dunst though, as I said Dunst is a super actress as Melancholia proved but her character is pitiful, and she phones it in especially for the third one.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Had a pretty awesome weekend in London, the Alexisonfire gigs were outstanding! Got all the Christmas shopping sorted too.

Heading over to London for a few days over new years, any spots I should check out that arent the typical touristy places?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

CMpunked wrote: »
    Heading over to London for a few days over new years, any spots I should check out that arent the typical touristy places?

Cool, is it your first time heading there? I can't say I know too many non touristy places to be honest. Most of the times I go there, it's for gigs and is usually a fleeting trip so I check out the main spots.

I'd really recommend doing one of the red bus tours, it's really enjoyable. So enjoyable I've done it twice now. I really enjoyed the London Dungeon too as I'm really into all the Jack the Ripper stuff.

If you like art or history, then you'll be sorted. Some of the galleries and museums are top notch and you could spend days in them they're so big. I have yet to go to the Tower of London yet but will check it out on my next trip which will hopefully be in Jan/Feb.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

I love London, its my second favorite city after NYC. The tube system is the best in the world IMO and so easy to get around on. Like above I don't really know anywhere that is non touristy but even the tourist spots are excellent. Hop on hop off open top bus tour is the best way to do it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I did the Dungeons too, I got a bit of focus in the Sweeney Todd part cause of my long hair :pac: The dungeons are pretty fun though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Well into season 3 now in Breaking Bad, flying through the episodes, pretty addictive. Marked out at Danny Trejo's appearance, that guy is just a legend.

And of course THIS song.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Best show on TV along with the Walking Dead.

glenjamin wrote: »
    Best show on TV along with the Walking Dead.

Yeah Walking Dead is great too, both seem to be on this AMC channel in the States which I had never heard of before. Say they must be delighted.

Also seems RTE and TV3 missed the boat on Breaking Bad letting little ol' TG4 pick it up.

Huzzah, 1-0 to Celtic.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Denny M wrote: »
    I did the Dungeons too, I got a bit of focus in the Sweeney Todd part cause of my long hair :pac: The dungeons are pretty fun though.

Is it scary like lads jumping out at you craic? GF is a little scared at that stuff.

I think there was a few bits like that, you can have a gander at their website to see if it's the sort of thing you'd like to do: http://www.the-dungeons.co.uk/london/en/index.htm

Fu<king delighted that Celtic went through and Juve too.
    Not Rafa's fault though so shut up yob Chelsea fans it was Robbie's.
    Even as a Liverpool fan I won't want to have to hear United lost to Clunge all day tomorrow.

I'm here at an andrea bocelli concert. I'm not even into this line of music.

cena wrote: »
    I'm here at an andrea bocelli concert. I'm not even into this line of music.

Andrea Bocelli.....didn't he play for Palermo once?

Andrea Bocelli.....didn't he play for Palermo once?
    i really don't know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Adam Sandler films came up here the other day. Avoid "Thats my boy" like the plauge. It is fcuking woeful. Jack and Jill was ok, but compared to this crap, it was epic.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement