Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic **This Thread Now Closed For Business**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Cool bananas. It's pretty much the same as you left it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭kksaints

What a race in the formula 1 today! Delighted that Vettel won the championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Is anyone on here from Carlow? I'm playing a little studio gig on Wednesday if any are interested.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Is anyone on here from Carlow? I'm playing a little studio gig on Wednesday if any are interested.
    nah but I know a few mates in CIT and do be up there the odd time. What type of stuff do you play?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Set up an email alert on a job site for England a few months ago. Get an email once a week giving me a run down of the newly added jobs within the peramiters i set out. Right now, I just ignore it because I'm not looking to go anywhere until the summer. Got this weeks email today. 196 new jobs!!!!! :eek: That's filtered down so I can only imagine what it would be like if I didn't put any filters on. Hopefully there are still that many during the summer!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Hey JayK :) I had a bit of a sabbatical from wrestling on the whole for a while...... No watching shows/PPV's etc.... Only caught up on Survivor Series recently enough and decided to make a return! I'm not gonna be like Y2J and disappear after 8 months :pac:

Does that mean you missed Punk going heel by 'punking' out the Rock?

What do you think of Liverpool at the moment, seeing progess or making you pull your hair out?

hang on this isn't the in the spotlight thread. Nevermind the above.

Welcome back.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Called my car insurer this morning to change my address and he reminded me that my policy was up next month.
    He told me that my renewal quote was down 500 quid from last year!
    Then came the kicker when because i was changing address they would have to re-evaluate the cost and he'd put me on hold.
    As I'm moving from the country to the town i assumed it'd be more than what it was but he told me it would be another 50ish off!

Happy days! :D

Hey D2D! Our wholesome savior makes his illustrious return to redeem the rest of you poison ridden scum.
    (I love you, really. :o)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Does that mean you missed Punk going heel by 'punking' out the Rock?

Yep, pretty much had a fall off the wagon after Raw1000 and haven't really caught up on it fully
    What do you think of Liverpool at the moment, seeing progess or making you pull your hair out?

8 unbeaten means there's progress being made but the January transfer window will tell a lot
    hang on this isn't the in the spotlight thread. Nevermind the above.

Awww, I thought I was popular :(:(
    Welcome back.

Feels good to be home again :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Called my car insurer this morning to change my address and he reminded me that my policy was up next month.
    He told me that my renewal quote was down 500 quid from last year!
    Then came the kicker when because i was changing address they would have to re-evaluate the cost and he'd put me on hold.
    As I'm moving from the country to the town i assumed it'd be more than what it was but he told me it would be another 50ish off!

Happy days! :D
    [/RIGHT]

Ha, awesome. Love when you expect a bill to be something and it works out far less. The exact same thing happened me last month. Thought the insurance would be 500€ more than it turned out to be. Well happy. Everyone is getting nicer presents this year for Xmas than they were prior to learning that :)

You thought right.

still in college? At one point I thought you might have gone abroad when you were not posting much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,470 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Yep, pretty much had a fall off the wagon after Raw1000 and haven't really caught up on it fully

8 unbeaten means there's progress being made but the January transfer window will tell a lot

Feels good to be home again :)

Good to have you back D2D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

You thought right.

still in college? At one point I thought you might have gone abroad when you were not posting much.

Yeah, still in college. Doing a different course now (on retail) so we;ll see where that goes :) Nah, haven't gone abroad and have no real plans to

Tinie wrote: »
    nah but I know a few mates in CIT and do be up there the odd time. What type of stuff do you play?

My own stuff. Get compared to the Velvet Underground a lot. I love The Who, personally.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

My own stuff. Get compared to the Velvet Underground a lot. I love The Who, personally.

Cool, any youtube links or promos?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

kksaints wrote: »
    What a race in the formula 1 today! Delighted that Vettel won the championship.

I only got to watch it there this evening. It's amazing to think that this is his 3rd World Championship and he's only 25 years of age. Aryton Senna was 28 when he won his first.

Tinie wrote: »
    Cool, any youtube links or promos?
    There's a video on You Tube that some dodgy promoter in Donegal put up. But no, we don't bother with any of that ****. We're a rock band, not Microsoft. :)

Is it normal to just one day completely lose interest in your collage course? I'm finished in the summer but have no interest in it anymore despite being good at it. Would understand if it happened in first year, but I'm nearly half way through my second year and it just came out of nowhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Is it normal to just one day completely lose interest in your collage course? I'm finished in the summer but have no interest in it anymore despite being good at it. Would understand if it happened in first year, but I'm nearly half way through my second year and it just came out of nowhere.

What are you studying?

GTR63 wrote: »
    What are you studying?

Electronic Engineering.

gnfnrhead wrote: »

Electronic Engineering.

Is it the only thing you have lost interest in?

If your okay in general you might just be tired of the routine but if you find yourself disinterested in general you might need to build up your energy levels. Eat right, exercise, sleep with a regular pattern, fresh air - all the boring stuff!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

BohsJohnny wrote: »
    Rovert why did you block me on twitter I didn't abuse you or hassle you all I did was ask a question.

should prob take this to pm if its to happen on boards

Is it the only thing you have lost interest in?

If your okay in general you might just be tired of the routine but if you find yourself disinterested in general you might need to build up your energy levels. Eat right, exercise, sleep with a regular pattern, fresh air - all the boring stuff!

Lost interest in getting up early but I doubt many enjoy that aspect :pac:

I think it's the only thing.

Some of the subjects are just bore fests. Others are only revision now which is also boring. I hope thats why, the fact that not much is happening in the subjects since there are only a couple of weeks left in the semester.

Over the last week or two, my interest (on a scale of 10) has gone from a steady 7/8 down to about a 2.

In about six months it will all be finished either way. I can stick it out that long.

SO I walked round town for an hour today with my zip down. Nothing like finding that out after trapsing through the shopping center :(

It must be either aesthetically pleasing to whoever passed you, or maybe it's just too small (yikes).

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Half way through today my mood turned so bad that iv been a d**k to everyone I know, to the point iv avoided family an friends so I dont snap st them

I've had days like that. They suck. Hell, I've been having months like that. Everything ok?

In other news, "X Men: Days of Future Past" (the next movie) have confirmed that
    Ian McKellan and Patrick Stewart have signed on
    . Thrilled with that news.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Everythings in general ok, just a bad day, just think I snapped my face an jaw arw actually sore from the scowl,

Thats sounds cool bout x men

Yeah that sounds cool, what exactly is that going to be about, is it the sequel to First Class? Hey man, hug it out with people to make yourself feel better, even if you didn't fight..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

In other news, "X Men: Days of Future Past" (the next movie)
    Doesn't sound like that is following on from the enjoyable(imo) reboot.
    Hope you didn't say anything you regret Conn_Man.

• Advertisement

It is a sequel to First Class. Apparently it's based on an arc from Uncanny X-Men. The story, as far as I can remember, is as follows...
    The story starts in the future where Sentinels hunt down mutants and the world is a really crappy place. (I'm presuming this is where Mckellen and Stewart come in, playing the versions of their characters in the future). Kitty Pride finds a way to send her mind back in time to her younger body. Back in the past (ie, back with the cast of the last film), Kitty tries to stop the assassination of a senator which they have identified was a key point which led to the crappy future.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement