Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic **This Thread Now Closed For Business**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Was alerted to this and thought I'd share....

First reaction:

Sweet!:D

Second reaction:
    I own a mac..

Shíte. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Anyone picking up a WiiU tonite or this weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

GTR63 wrote: »
    Anyone picking up a WiiU tonite or this weekend?

I'm tempted but I have my work Christmas party tomorrow night and then off to London on Saturday to see Alexisonfire's last ever gigs. Can't wait!

I think I'll wait to see what the general opinion on it is before buying though, I have Max Payne 3/RE6/RE:ORC/Fallout New Vegas all sealed on my desk waiting to be played :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'm quite jealous you're getting to see Alexisonfire, I'd have loved to have seen them at some point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Denny M wrote: »
    I'm quite jealous you're getting to see Alexisonfire, I'd have loved to have seen them at some point.

They're fantastic live alright, real pity they're breaking up. The support band are also playing their last gigs and they're one of my favourites too so it'll be kinda cool to see them both for the last time.

No idea how much to bring yet as I expect to hit the merch table pretty hard!

I'm tempted but I have my work Christmas party tomorrow night.

I think I'll wait to see what the general opinion on it is before buying though, I have Max Payne 3/RE6/RE:ORC/Fallout New Vegas all sealed on my desk waiting to be played :o

Max Payne 3 is quite good imo. Tempted by the WiiU as the fantasy in my head is it has a touchscreen and you look at the tv too it could be like a DS home console hardware limitations and all. I'd sell everything I have bar my tubby dog if they made a Phoenix Wright game for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

I see P Joyce retired there. Some footballer on his day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I see P Joyce retired there. Some footballer on his day.
    Scored the best point I've ever seen against Kildare this year in the league. Absolute gent.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,428 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

looks generic as **** but still better than most of the turds he is involved with.

Still though, it has Omar so not all bad will come of it.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

My internet connection is very bad tonight, so I was unable to watch the trailer but do you mean Michael K. Williams (is that the guy's name?)? He's great, but the character was moreso!

Got the loan of Amazing Spiderman, Avengers and Dark Knight Rises on dvd from my brother there, haven't seen any of them yet. Going with Spiderman first.
    Anyone end up pick a WiiU today?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

No. I can safely say that the last console I got while it was still the top of range was the NES.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

My internet connection is very bad tonight, so I was unable to watch the trailer but do you mean Michael K. Williams (is that the guy's name?)? He's great, but the character was moreso!

yep

Just watched the dark knight rises. Enjoyed it but didn't know Jeremy Irons was in it. Bane was a pretty lame villain I thought.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

what did you like/not like about the movie?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

Lads, quick one for ya.

I ordered the WWE Encyclopedia last week from Amazon, for some reason they sent ( and charged me for ) two.

If anyone wants to buy it off me I'll sell it for face value of 25 euro - only thing is collection is probably best as it weighs a ton to post.

PM if you want it, or else my mam will be getting a strange xmas pressie.

Paul

jaykhunter wrote: »
    what did you like/not like about the movie?

I liked most of the new characters but at times it felt a bit like Batman/B.Wayne was playing 2nd fiddle. Some of a it felt a bit What? Too eg like the new batmobile by way of Deus Ex. The fighting between Batman and Bane was weird like 2 guys fighting with their feet in concrete. Bane's voice then I thought my PS3 broke.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

When does Breaking Bad get good? Finished the first season and it's pretty slow so far.

Will start season 2 tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

Charisteas wrote: »
    When does Breaking Bad get good? Finished the first season and it's pretty slow so far.

It gets better........

And better and better and better and better and better.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Yep. It kicks into high gear in Season 4 - absolutely sublime writing. I'm not a drama fan, and although it's good, I wasn't blown away by S1-3, but wow, it really is some of the best television I've ever seen.

That rugby group is just asking for a second place finish and a QF with the All Blacks. Wales have it all to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭kksaints

That rugby group is just asking for a second place finish and a QF with the All Blacks. Wales have it all to do.

No better time than the World Cup to finally beat the All Blacks if that happens.

The All Blacks are just a ****e Kilkenny anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,034 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Charisteas wrote: »

Halfway thru the first season myself and struggling to see what all the fuss is about. Give me the non stop action of 24 anyday :D

If they play as bad as they did last Saturday we'd kick the holes of them. Lets just hope we spend the next 18 months to 2 years bleeding in new talent.
    Bit off topic but i'm just wondering are you a Juve fan Diabhal?

GTR63 wrote: »
    Bit off topic but i'm just wondering are you a Juve fan Diabhal?
    Not really a fan of any soccer team really these days. I'm one of those guys that believes you support where you're from. I loved ADP though.

I guess I'm a neutral.

Not really a fan of any soccer team really these days. I'm one of those guys that believes you support where you're from. I loved ADP though.

I guess I'm a neutral.

Big Totti mark myself. Same with Zanetti, Nedved and a bit further back Batistuta.
    I have season 1 of Breaking bad atop my Xbox waiting to be watched.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Halfway thru the first season myself and struggling to see what all the fuss is about. Give me the non stop action of 24 anyday :D

Yeah it's not exactly gripping edge of your seat stuff such as Lost or 24 or Prison Break were from pretty much the beginning, but with a 9.4 rating on imdb i'm gonna keep watching for sure.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement