Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic **This Thread Now Closed For Business**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I hate Adam Sandler since he made a movie called funny people that had no funny people in it!!!

Closest I ever got to leaving the cinema during a movie.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I got up and left during The (nothing) Happening. Unfortunately my mates were still in the cinema so after about 20 minutes I went back in. Most infuriating movie I've ever paid to see. Well, until Horrorthon & Michael Biehn's wife's movie, Among Friends. I couldn't get up and leave as the whole cast & crew were in the audience. I just couldn't.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

DM-ICE wrote: »
    I hate Adam Sandler since he made a movie called funny people that had no funny people in it!!!

Closest I ever got to leaving the cinema during a movie.

Could'nt agree more , thought Funny People was terrible.

Went to see 7 Psychopaths last night , was very good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

Went to see 7 Psychopaths last night , was very good
    Yeah looking forward to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

Dancor wrote: »
    It gets better........

And better and better and better and better and better.

Sorry to quote myself. Just got these figures from Metacritic.

Season 1, 74 out of 100

Season 2, 85 out of 100

Season 3, 89 out of 100

Season 4, 96 out of 100

Season 5 (so far) 99 out of 100

Really does get better. Anyone finding Season one a slow burn just stick with it, its well worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Downloaded that's my boy because I like Adam Sandburg but not quite got the will to watch it going by reviews :(

For those who've been in London, what's the best way to get around? Is there a city ticket that can be got for the tubes?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

They have Oyster cards I think they are called, you can top them up as you go along, and they are usable on the underground and buses if I recall correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,102 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

CMpunked wrote: »
    Downloaded that's my boy because I like Adam Sandburg but not quite got the will to watch it going by reviews :(

For those who've been in London, what's the best way to get around? Is there a city ticket that can be got for the tubes?

You should watch Andy Samberg in Cuckoo on BBC 3

Denny M wrote: »
    They have Oyster cards I think they are called, you can top them up as you go along, and they are usable on the underground and buses if I recall correctly.

Is the tubes cheap?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Is the tubes cheap?
    http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tickets/14416.aspx Best I can find of a list for pricing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

They aren't necessarily cheap when you compare it with Dublin, but they're the best option.

Is the tubes cheap?

Quite pricey actually. Where are you flying into?

I know Gatwick has the Gatwick express. Train that goes direct to Victoria station in 30 minutes or so. I'm sure other airports have a similar set up too. Any idea on accommodation yet?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Is the tubes cheap?

I found the day pass very good value when I was over a few months ago. Especially of your going on a full days travel using the tube

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

I just received the most AMAZING Birthday present from boardsie "AhmadKH7"
    A RINGSIDE ticket for RAW in April! It just goes to show, Wrestling fans are the nicest people on the planet!

Dancor wrote: »
    Quite pricey actually. Where are you flying into?

I know Gatwick has the Gatwick express. Train that goes direct to Victoria station in 30 minutes or so. I'm sure other airports have a similar set up too. Any idea on accommodation yet?

Flying into stansted. Staying near paddington station and hyde park area.
    A RINGSIDE ticket for RAW in April! It just goes to show, Wrestling fans are the nicest people on the planet!

Jammy git! :pac:
    Do you know them IRL?

That's awesome HH. And happy birthday as well!

I got Black Ops 2 from a boardsie for my birthday, but I've known him for years before I was on boards.

Happy birthday Heel, we almost share a birthday :P

Happy birthday #HEEL

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

@ #HEEL

brother-wwe-wresting-birthday-card-with-badge-5210-p%5Bekm%5D233x440%5Bekm%5D.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

CONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNACHT CONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNACHT CONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNACHT CONNACHT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,102 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Happy Birthday Hashtag_HEEL

CONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNACHT CONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNACHT CONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNACHT CONNACHT

Looks like you're running past me at high speed. Diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiabhal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I've done my province proud tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I've done my province proud tonight.

Delighted they didn't rob a bonus point too. Good win for Ulster too away at Northampton.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Flying into stansted. Staying near paddington station and hyde park area.

You can get the Stansted Express then to Liverpool Street. It's 31.50 return which is a little pricey unfortunately but it's very reliable. There are buses too though that would be cheaper.

Also, get some Krispy Kreme doughnuts at the airport, they're awesome!

Also, get some Krispy Kreme doughnuts at the airport, they're awesome!

MOTHA' FCUKIN YES!

The girlfriend is from manchester so we always pick up way more than the recommended doctors amount. They are crazy good.

Just found out there is a collection of movie costumes exhibit going to be in one of the museums near by. I'm so excited. :D
    Sweet jesus i'm excited about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

A guy who I went to school with died early on Friday morning by his own means. We were close in school but went to different colleges. News of his death has really shook me, We went to Rome together in 2009 on a lads trip and that was the last time I saw him. I just find it very sad that a 24 year old guy could see no future, I regret not maintaining contact over the last 3 years.

A guy who I went to school with died early on Friday morning by his own means. We were close in school but went to different colleges. News of his death has really shook me, We went to Rome together in 2009 on a lads trip and that was the last time I saw him. I just find it very sad that a 24 year old guy could see no future, I regret not maintaining contact over the last 3 years.

Sorry to hear that. RIP.

Awful to hear that. The sad thing is pretty much everyone on here will know or know of someone who's done or tried to do the same. Theres probably even people on here that feel that way right now.

We really need to take a long hard look mental health issues in this country. If anyone on here feels like that I'd beg them to talk to someone. Even post on here to let of a bit of steam. Anything is better than what that poor guy in the post above resorted to.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Awful to hear that. The sad thing is pretty much everyone on here will know or know of someone who's done or tried to do the same. Theres probably even people on here that feel that way right now.

We really need to take a long hard look mental health issues in this country. If anyone on here feels like that I'd beg them to talk to someone. Even post on here to let of a bit of steam. Anything is better than what that poor guy in the post above resorted to.

Agreed , not to use a cheap plug but there is a christmas festival kinda thing happening about Mental Health happening in Swords this day next week. My band have been lucky enough to be asked to play it and hopefully the event is a success http://www.facebook.com/events/504647389569124/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement