Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic **This Thread Now Closed For Business**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Caught my brother watching that dreadful Adam Sandler movie Jack and Jill, the shame of it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

GTR63 wrote: »
    Doesn't sound like that is following on from the enjoyable(imo) reboot.
    Hope you didn't say anything you regret Conn_Man.

cheers nothing apologies can't fix, I think i just needed to have a bad day

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

GTR63 wrote: »
    Caught my brother watching that dreadful Adam Sandler movie Jack and Jill, the shame of it.

I watched it last night, honestly wasnt as bad as I was expecting.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I watched it last night, honestly wasnt as bad as I was expecting.

I only caught the vintage Adam Sandler soppy last 5 minutes which included pacino saying destroy tapes of an ad he was in. Was that an apology for him being in the movie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

Got the missus' car serviced in an official Toyota dealers there the other day and was told it needed over a grand's worth of repair work - the bloody car is only wotrth around 3k. Got it checked by a friend of a friend who's a mechanic this moring and turns out none of it is necessary. New brake pads in Jan and thats about it.

Shower. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I think the only thing impressive about the Jack and Jill movie is how many awards it won for being awful.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Got the missus' car serviced in an official Toyota dealers there the other day and was told it needed over a grand's worth of repair work - the bloody car is only wotrth around 3k. Got it checked by a friend of a friend who's a mechanic this moring and turns out none of it is necessary. New brake pads in Jan and thats about it.

Never go near a dealer for a service they are jokers

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I used to love Sandler films; Big Daddy, Little Nicky, Waterboy, Wedding Singer...all movies I remember fondly.

But I don't think I've seen one in yonks....

Never go near a dealer for a service they are jokers

Aye lesson learned!

Aye lesson learned!

I got costed 2 grand for works on a car that needed tem but a local garage were a grand, now the car wasn't worth that for fixing but still i was in shock

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Speaking of bad movies - Wrong Turn 5.

Only good thing about it is Roxanne McKee.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Report them lads, they taking the piss and are giving that car a bad name.

I bring my Japanese car to be looked after by the dealer and they have never tried to carry out work that didn't need doing. Over the years a few things have gone wrong that genuinely needed fixing and the labour is always dear with a dealer alright, but I have a choice if I want to go with them or not.

It's actually disgusting to think garages are out there trying that ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Telly Monster is dead.

RIP TMpunked.

CMpunked wrote: »
    Telly Monster is dead.

Who? :confused::P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Alas, we hardly knew him.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Telly Monster
    2012-2012

Leave the memories alone

• Registered Users Posts: 12,024 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

I used to love Sandler films; Big Daddy, Little Nicky, Waterboy, Wedding Singer...all movies I remember fondly.

But I don't think I've seen one in yonks....

Punch Drunk Love is quite good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Ridley

Telly Monster is dead.

RIP TMpunked.

But that's not a bad thing. That's a good thing. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

2ij0ljr.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Telly Monster is dead.

RIP TMpunked.

• Advertisement

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Telly Monster
    2012-2012

Leave the memories alone
    Legit lol for this.

Seen this in AH: http://uk.lifestyle.yahoo.com/twitter-loving-parents-name-baby-hashtag-124117287.html

There should be a test people have to take before they can have kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Whoever said change is good was a moron. Who was it, rafiki? Silly red arsed baboon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Seen this in AH: http://uk.lifestyle.yahoo.com/twitter-loving-parents-name-baby-hashtag-124117287.html

There should be a test people have to take before they can have kids.

I can fully explain :pac:

WWE will probably mention this although it'll go past me when I fast forward it. Didn't think i'd see anything dumber than a baby called dovakiin last year.
    Btw fair play Liverpool 3 wins in 14(sarcastic congradulatory clapping).

As a United fan, the fact Pool are 4 points off the relegation zone makes me happy :D

As someone that doesn't like Liverpool, it pleases me :P

The most depressing part is just how poor the league has been and yet we are still as far off the pace as Gerrard clearly is.
    Just finished Hitman tonite quite enjoyed it but I haven't finished Blood Money yet so cannot compare it to anything in the series.

I watched the post production video for the hobbit today and realised that I applied for work in the post house where they are editing the hobbit, damn them not needing anyone in there!

• Advertisement

Was alerted to this and thought I'd share....

http://www.humblebundle.com/

Darksiders, Metro 2033, Red Faction: Armageddon, and 3 Company of Heroes games.

The deal? Pay what you want for them! Minimum $1. But if you beat the average (currently about $5), you get Saints Row 3 as well, which if your computer can play it, is worth the fiver in and of itself. They send you the Steam keys. AND you can make them give whatever you pay to charity :P

Word of warning; apparently they sometimes add a game or two to this deal later in the week, so maybe hold off if you don't mind the risk of SR3 going up (might go down, mind).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement