Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

M&S* wrote: »
    I've ceol '10! :p

And three new besties! ;):D

Will you be able to send it on to us más é do thoil é? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Togepi wrote: »
    I've ceol '10! :p

And three new besties! ;):D

Will you be able to send it on to us más é do thoil é? :)
    No no that would be illegal and we on boards dont do that but PM me and I'll get you onto something similar ..... goes for you too Cian!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

No no that would be illegal and we on boards dont do that but PM me and I'll get you onto something similar ..... goes for you too Cian!

Oh yeah, the law, I forgot about that... :rolleyes: Ceart go leor! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

By looking on Boards, i'm getting very nervous about getting my English result back at 3.15 tomorrow! :(. I love English, ussually get B1's and A2's in my work and would love a B1 in the Mock. Guess we'll see tomorrow how that all pans out! Just hoping that it's not marked extremely hard! All the Mocks I got back today were marked quite well (apart from a Governnment Expenditure Quesion in Economics that cost me an A1 *gahhhhhh) so hoping English will be marked well! God knows I wrote enough for English, something like 34 pages between the 2 papers :rolleyes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Wish I was going out this weekend, I'd actually love vodka and raza

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭JonnyMcNamee

Namlub wrote: »
    Wish I was going out this weekend, I'd actually love vodka and raza
    The two day session the lads have planned Paddy's weekend is enough to put me off going out this weekend. My liver needs time to prepare itself :p

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

Anyone that does Geography did you find your mock was corrected rather harshly? I got my Geography mock back today and the marking was insane :eek: Like, I got between 10 - 20 in the majority of essays that I am blue in the face writing since 5th year and always have gotten the full 30/30. I don't get why it was marked so hard? Got a B3... So hopefully i'll go up! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

Heading out for a friends 18th Saturday night, but not going near the drink. After being out/drinking for the last 6 weekends, I figure it might be time to take it easy :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Haven't had a drink since February, I'm such a teetotaller >_> It's not even that I want to get drunk, just have a few casual drinks...on a Thursday night when I should be doing bio homework

Boeing777 wrote: »
    Anyone that does Geography did you find your mock was corrected rather harshly? I got my Geography mock back today and the marking was insane :eek: Like, I got between 10 - 20 in the majority of essays that I am blue in the face writing since 5th year and always have gotten the full 30/30. I don't get why it was marked so hard? Got a B3... So hopefully i'll go up! :rolleyes:
    Well I got a B1 but thought my Physical and Regional Sections were marked extremely hard. I got 47 + 54 / 80 which I was disgusted with!

I only got 16 + 18 on my Physical essays which included diagrams, examples and at least 1.5 pages of writing each. My regional: was once again marked harsh. I think just 18 + 18 out of 30.

However, I ended up getting 26/30 in both Elective essays which I kinda made up! :P

I got 72/80 in my Options, and 71/80 in my Short Questions.. Should've gotten the A2 but my teacher said my project is A1 material (she's a corrector) so I will hopefully go up to an A2 in the Leaving with a bit more work on the Core sections! Chin up, the mocks are there for a reason! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Was yer papers DEB yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

Was yer papers DEB yeah?

Nope, mine was examcraft! The thing is, it was actually a lovely paper.. Pity the marking wasn't so lovely! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Phew, PictureFrame got his mock results. We can sleep easy tonight.

:P

Boeing777 wrote: »
    Nope, mine was examcraft! The thing is, it was actually a lovely paper.. Pity the marking wasn't so lovely! :pac:

Balls, was hoping for an excuse :p

Siobhnk wrote: »
    Phew, PictureFrame got his mock results. We can sleep easy tonight.

:P

You sure can Siobnk, i'm such a headwrecker I know! ;)
    Balls, was hoping for an excuse :p

Mine was DEB though!

Anyone know how long it takes Examcraft Business to come back?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Today in school was so sickening, all the mocks came back but Irish yet we were only given 2 of them! >:(

I hope my dad just for some reason forgets that I do chemistry. He's spent over €500 on chem grinds for me since September, wouldn't be too happy with 17%! :/

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

Today in school was so sickening, all the mocks came back but Irish yet we were only given 2 of them! >:(

I hope my dad just for some reason forgets that I do chemistry. He's spent over €500 on chem grinds for me since September, wouldn't be too happy with 17%! :/
    Is it really that hard?! :eek:
    (I dont mean that in a bad way, I'm literally just asking since everyone I know who does chemistry seems to feel the same and I'm so curious as to why its so hard :P)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Patchy~ wrote: »
    Is it really that hard?! :eek:
    (I dont mean that in a bad way, I'm literally just asking since everyone I know who does chemistry seems to feel the same and I'm so curious as to why its so hard :P)

Absolutely not! It's just that I didn't study at all for it, and I mean at all. :rolleyes: Also it's very hard to relate a lot of the course to the real world so you can't really bull**** answers like you can in Business/Bio!

Absolutely not! It's just that I didn't study at all for it, and I mean at all. :rolleyes: Also it's very hard to relate a lot of the course to the real world so you can't really bull**** answers like you can in Business/Bio!
    My best friend got 6% in Physics, and his Dad teaches Chemistry in the school he is getting such a ateeeeing tonight! :/

My best friend got 6% in Physics, and his Dad teaches Chemistry in the school he is getting such a ateeeeing tonight! :/

Lad in my year got 6% as well! Passed two subjects :pac:

• Advertisement

Lad in my year got 6% as well! Passed two subjects :pac:
    Sure feck it, they're called the mocks for a reason! Did anyone elses Geography class do shocking bad? I got a B1 but was the only one to get above a C2 in the year AFAIK! The Teacher was disgusted!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

Sure feck it, they're called the mocks for a reason! Did anyone elses Geography class do shocking bad? I got a B1 but was the only one to get above a C2 in the year AFAIK! The Teacher was disgusted!
    My friend got 92 but his teacher corrected it, but one of my friends got 92% too and hers was corrected by a DEB examiner? Unless it was examcraft :/

is anyone else seeing this weird and extremely creepy ad? http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0k44kBE091qb9762o1_400.gif

My DEB geography paper was corrected by my teacher (but like strictly following the marking scheme) and I got 95%.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I'm home sick today. Got up, and made best friends with the porcelain throne. Lucky me!

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    I'm home sick today. Got up, and made best friends with the porcelain throne. Lucky me!

Porcelain throne, nice...:p

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

It's a good euphemism, isn't it? I'm lying in bed watching youtube, it's so relaxing.

Guys, I sound so stupid right now but anyway:

I got my Business Mock today and got an 92.25% (an A1) my Teacher told me outside of the class whilst I was helping her bring the envelopes to the class. I actually nearly started crying! Business has been my favourite subject since the start of 5th year and to know that my hard work has paid off with it, I just feel soooo happy! Never been so happy about anything in school!

Have currently 430 points out of 5 subjects, hoping to get a B2 in English so if I did i'd be at 510 points!! Flipping ecstatic right now!!

*Sorry if i'm boasting, i'm just over the moon!

Went up to a B2 in French. So that's 410, kinda what I was hoping for caus most people went down. Mam was givin me **** ths morning but she always does whenever I get a report, regardless of how I do

Question to anyone doing music for the old leaving cert,
    In sight reading, there's a high register, medium register, viola and bass clef, in the exam do you pick your one or will it be pointed out to you? I play violin and obviously the range of the violin takes in high and medium register. Any ideas people?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

Delighted with my results, got 520, but I still have Spanish to get up which will hopefully raise me another 10 points as I did not do that well in English.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement