Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭JonnyMcNamee

Togepi wrote: »
    A in French! :) Only waiting on four more results now!
    Fair play that's some result! Dunno what happened with my result tbh, got a c2 but was expecting at least and c1 or b3 :rolleyes: Oh well, three months of solitude should do the trick :p Its been 5 weeks since I started my mocks and I've only 4 back.. Not impressed!

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Flabangav

B1 in Maths :D I'm so happy! Even thought we only did a paper two, it still counts :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Togepi wrote: »
    A in French! :) Only waiting on four more results now!
    Brilliant result, Congrats:)
    Wish I could do that in French!
    5 weeks ago I started my Mocks, still waiting for one of them to come back :rolleyes: flupping ridiculous!

And we hear about it every day,
    Do they even remember that your school exists?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Teachers aren't correcting ours though, and they know nothing about where the mocks are apparently! :P

On another note, I've put myself on a mission to do every major Economics topics exam questions that have ever come up into new notebooks! So far i've 6 years of D + S done! Fun fun..

Doing the same with Business, doing every Q. 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 & 7 from 2011-2000 :/

Eathrin wrote: »

And we hear about it every day,
    Do they even remember that your school exists?:confused:
    Probably not, anywho i'm not going to talk about mocks anymore. I am (and imagine all of you are) getting more irritated talking about it everyday :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

Teachers aren't correcting ours though, and they know nothing about where the mocks are apparently! :P

On another note, I've put myself on a mission to do every major Economics topics exam questions that have ever come up into new notebooks! So far i've 6 years of D + S done! Fun fun..

Doing the same with Business, doing every Q. 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 & 7 from 2011-2000 :/
    Gonna have to join you with the business part of it, dear lord I struggled today, but the ones I had exam qs done on were fine! Its the magic trick to success :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

I know someone just said they're sick of mocks but I got an A in my Irish oral :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

5 weeks ago I started my Mocks, still waiting for one of them to come back :rolleyes: flupping ridiculous!
    Same here :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Finished the honours maths course today.Almost 3 months of solid revision from here on in.I might actually get the B2 I'm looking for...

Same here :mad:
    I hate our schools Coeur.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Fair play that's some result! Dunno what happened with my result tbh, got a c2 but was expecting at least and c1 or b3 :rolleyes: Oh well, three months of solitude should do the trick :p Its been 5 weeks since I started my mocks and I've only 4 back.. Not impressed!

Merci! :D Ah well, the marking can be a bit dodgy sometimes. ;) I've only two back and I've benn done for four or five weeks!

Thanks! I only just scraped an A, so I've got a bit of work to do. :P I'd actually be gutted if I didn't get an A1 in French this time 'round! I mean, if I can't get one in French, what can I get one in? :confused: Stooopid As, making life so difficult. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭The High Crusade

Here lads, be proud with your A's and stuff, because I admit I work pretty damn hard but I can safely say I've never gotten an A in 5th or 6th year :(

M&S* wrote: »
    I know someone just said they're sick of mocks but I got an A in my Irish oral :)

So Inis Dom, conas a bhí sé?
    Táim saghas neirbhíseach faoin scrúdú cainte cé go bhfuil mé beagnach líofa!
    Tá eagla orm mar ceapaim go mbeidh an scúdaitheor ag tógáil mairceanna díom nuair a táim ag smaoineamh faoi rud éigin. Bhuel, fuair tú A! An raibh an comhrá cleachtaithe agat agus mín go leor nó an raibh tú ag smaoineamh go minic agus ag tógáil go bog é?:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Here lads, be proud with your A's and stuff, because I admit I work pretty damn hard but I can safely say I've never gotten an A in 5th or 6th year :(

Be proud you work hard. :)

The only time I ever get As is in French. And you never know, you might just surprise yourself in June! ;)

Chavways wrote: »
    Finished the honours maths course today.Almost 3 months of solid revision from here on in.I might actually get the B2 I'm looking for...
    Oh my god I am so jealous of you right now :pac: How the hell?! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Patchy~ wrote: »
    Oh my god I am so jealous of you right now :pac: How the hell?! :eek:

Our teacher has always been mental about getting the course finished before April. We stay back for 40 minutes most Fridays and we had to go in 5 or 6 saturdays to do maths.Hopefully it'll pay off.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

So Inis Dom, conas a bhí sé?
    Táim saghas neirbhíseach faoin scrúdú cainte cé go bhfuil mé beagnach líofa!
    Tá eagla orm mar ceapaim go mbeidh an scúdaitheor ag tógáil mairceanna díom nuair a táim ag smaoineamh faoi rud éigin. Bhuel, fuair tú A! An raibh an comhrá cleachtaithe agat agus mín go leor nó an raibh tú ag smaoineamh go minic agus ag tógáil go bog é?:)

Bhí sé ceart go leor.. Caithfidh mé a admháil go raibh sé níos éasca an cómhrá cleachtaithe agam. Níl caighdean árd agam in aon chor ach lean mé structúir nadurtha an t-am ar fad! Tá tú faoi brú leis na sraith pictúir mar níl ach 4 nóiméad leis. Áfach, tá súil agam go mbeidh tú iontach ar fad, ceapaim go bhfuil tú beagnach líofa agus mar a deirtear tóg go bog é ach lean ar aghaidh leis na freagraí! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Well we didn't get the fourth, but at least I won 17 euros. Naggins tomorrow :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

^^ Arsenal fan too? Devastated, so close and yet at the end so far! Brilliant effort though!

Chavways wrote: »
    Our teacher has always been mental about getting the course finished before April. We stay back for 40 minutes most Fridays and we had to go in 5 or 6 saturdays to do maths.Hopefully it'll pay off.
    My JC teacher was like that, it'll definitely pay off! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

I'M GOING OUT THIS WEEKEND! :D:D:D

And no-one and nothing is stopping me. I haven't been anywhere November. My soul is dying.

Chuchoter wrote: »
    I'M GOING OUT THIS WEEKEND! :D:D:D

And no-one and nothing is stopping me. I haven't been anywhere November. My soul is dying.

Since November!?!?!:eek:
    "O my prophetic soul!"

Definitely get out, you must be going mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

All work and no play makes chuchoter a dull boy.
    All work and no play makes chuchoter a dull boy.

Its because my friends never go anywhere but horrible house parties which I know I'm going to hate, go to them anyway and come home miserable. So now I'm going somewhere proper!

I was half studying, half procrastinating while studying for history later and I decided to look up the Eucharistic Congress since my book is just a load of waffle ("the sun shone brightly" who cares :pac:)

I found some site with sooooooo much information on it, written so well, pointing out things like how it was the 1500th anniversary of St Patrick's coming to Ireland.

...most of you probably dont care but im just sitting here raging that i didnt find this, you know, sooner than 3 hours before my mock :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

OMG BROKE MY WRIST.............

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭The High Crusade

ConTheCat wrote: »
    OMG BROKE MY WRIST.............

Ouuuch, please don't tell me that's the hand you write with? D:

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭rkeano5

Patchy~ wrote: »
    I was half studying, half procrastinating while studying for history later and I decided to look up the Eucharistic Congress since my book is just a load of waffle ("the sun shone brightly" who cares :pac:)

I found some site with sooooooo much information on it, written so well, pointing out things like how it was the 1500th anniversary of St Patrick's coming to Ireland.

...most of you probably dont care but im just sitting here raging that i didnt find this, you know, sooner than 3 hours before my mock :pac:

Would you have a link by any chance?

rkeano5 wrote: »
    Would you have a link by any chance?
    here and here! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

Ouuuch, please don't tell me that's the hand you write with? D:
    Murphys law, of course it is!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Manic2

Convinced I will do **** in the LC.

Have begun the thoughts of repeating. For serious.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement