Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Siobhnk wrote: »

PictureFrame you're not actually serious? Christ.

Yes, unfortunately.. I can't understand where they're gone at all :pac:
    Wesc. wrote: »
    That's strange ours were corrected in a little over a week..?

Well it's 5 weeks tomorrow we started our Mocks, finished them 4 weeks on Thursday! We had all DEB except for Examcraft History (I don't do) Business and LCVP :rolleyes:

Perhaps knowing my luck DEB will ring and be like:

'Dear PictureFrame, we have lost every single one of your Mocks, i'm sorry you paid 125e for them but we're such a shi**y company we can't do anything..'

I JUST WANNA KNOW MY CAPABILITIES FOR THE FUTURE....... DAMMIT :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭AlmightyDublin

Eathrin wrote: »
    In that case you must do what it takes to get your hands on them! Togepi and I shall be your besties for life:pac:
    I think they're all brilliant, I wonder if someone like you who spends his whole day speaking Irish does though:D Probably the last thing you want to hear:)
    Ahh yeah, I'll try get one this week, seen them lying around :) Ahh here, tired of irish? Ha what do you take me for, someone who attends an english-speaking school? :rolleyes:
    *Oh, and Togepi, this is for you :D

You're welcome in advance :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Ahh yeah, I'll try get one this week, seen them lying around :) Ahh here, tired of irish? Ha what do you take me for, someone who attends an english-speaking school? :rolleyes:
    *Oh, and Togepi, this is for you :D

<YouTube>
    You're welcome in advance :)

I love it! :D :pac:

If you get any of those Ceol CDs you'll have three new cairde for life!! :)

Also, how's Seachtain na Gaeilge in your school? Do ye just speak English or what? :P

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

Sorry about the spoilers! Genuinely forgot!

Well I got 0 marks out of 75 for it, the marking was horrid weird. The 1st question was worded really badly, our teacher agreed, but we all felt so dumb when he did it on the board :( ah well it's only the mock! Yeah that one was tough, I remember I got the first bit of it right, well nearly right I mixed up the signs. Couldn't for the life of me remember what to do so I just took out every equation in the log tables and hoped to god one was right :L
    I actually managed to pass that paper though, got around 50%, you'll be amazed at where you pick up marks!!
    All I could think when I saw it was "I'm down 75 marks because I just dont get this" :( It was such a bad question, I cant wait to see how its done :confused:

The first question was the only one I got! The one on
    the lottery syndicate
    was the only hard bit I thought but still wasnt so bad compared to the rest of it :eek: Haha yeah same; every formula relating to it I tried subbing stuff in but none of it worked :L

Hopefully anyway, question 6 really shocked me but I made a stab at it! May we all pass higher level in june and get a nice handy 70 points :P

Togepi wrote: »
    I love it! :D :pac:

If you get any of those Ceol CDs you'll have three new cairde for life!! :)

Also, how's Seachtain na Gaeilge in your school? Do ye just speak English or what? :P
    The ears start to bleed after 3 miuntes of that piece, and it goes on for 11 minutes :pac:
    Ahh yeah, I'll ask around, sure they were in the irish class back in October, we were listening to it in class :) Should still be around.
    Nope, German :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

The ears start to bleed after 3 miuntes of that piece, and it goes on for 11 minutes :pac:
    Ahh yeah, I'll ask around, sure they were in the irish class back in October, we were listening to it in class :) Should still be around.
    Nope, German :rolleyes:

Yeah I had it on for like seven minutes without realising and then I was like jaysus that has to go off! He's an awful babe though in fairness. :pac:

Iontach, GRMA bbz!! :D

For anyone who didn't watch Got to Dance on Sky1, take a gawkkk at these.. :eek: I'm obsessed! They're something else like :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Patchy~ wrote: »
    All I could think when I saw it was "I'm down 75 marks because I just dont get this" :( It was such a bad question, I cant wait to see how its done :confused:

The first question was the only one I got! The one on
    the lottery syndicate
    was the only hard bit I thought but still wasnt so bad compared to the rest of it :eek: Haha yeah same; every formula relating to it I tried subbing stuff in but none of it worked :L

Hopefully anyway, question 6 really shocked me but I made a stab at it! May we all pass higher level in june and get a nice handy 70 points :P

How did you even understand the question? :L I was thinking of doing it the way my teacher showed us but I thought naaaaah that couldn't be right :L oh well :L
    I actually got that one! Lost marks on the explaining of it though I think. We haven't gone through the full paper yet :)

Yeah I had it on for like seven minutes without realising and then I was like jaysus that has to go off! He's an awful babe though in fairness. :pac:

Iontach, GRMA bbz!! :D
    Ha its the stuff of nightmares :D:pac: Haha
    Yeah, but theres 08', 09' 10' etc, which one are you lookin' for? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Here lads my friend said she has one of them but if Almighty's getting them I couldn't be bothered asking her again :P

• Advertisement

How did you even understand the question? :L I was thinking of doing it the way my teacher showed us but I thought naaaaah that couldn't be right :L oh well :L
    I actually got that one! Lost marks on the explaining of it though I think. We haven't gone through the full paper yet :)
    If you mean the
    line
    one, I didnt understand it at all! :pac: For q6 I just drew little pictures and made attempts at explaining what it asked for :o

M&S* wrote: »
    Here lads my friend said she has one of them but if Almighty's getting them I couldn't be bothered asking her again :P
    I didn't check yet :D

Ha its the stuff of nightmares :D:pac: Haha
    Yeah, but theres 08', 09' 10' etc, which one are you lookin' for? :pac:

WHATEVER ONES YOU'VE GOT!! :D

Ha well yeah pretty much all of them, but like Ceol '08 would be shweet! I believe Eathrin would like all if them though so you might as well just get the lot... ;) I joke! One would be great, whatever one you can get your hands on!

Also I do believe there's Ceol '06 and '07 too. :P (Just sayin'.) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Ha well yeah pretty much all of them, but like Ceol '08 would be shweet! I believe Eathrin would like all if them though so you might as well just get the lot... ;) I joke! One would be great, whatever one you can get your hands on!

AFAIK there's ceol '06 -'09, I think '10 is just a compilation album and then there's albam rí-rá which is probably the best of the lot!

Almighty, whatever you can get for us we'd be hugely grateful:D

I wonder if there's one to be released this year??

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Ye're all obsessed with these albums...as am I.

I've made the decision to do my French exam through Irish. No idea how that'll go, but sure it can't be too bad, like.

Yeah, I know that :rolleyes: But theres no 11' :) Alright, I'll check it out this week :pac:

AFAIK there's ceol '06 -'09, I think '10 is just a compilation album and then there's albam rí-rá which is probably the best of the lot!

Almighty, whatever you can get for us we'd be hugely grateful:D

I wonder if there's one to be released this year??
    Rí-rá sounds familiar, but maybe its the radio station I'm thinking about? :confused:

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    Ye're all obsessed with these albums...as am I.

I've made the decision to do my French exam through Irish. No idea how that'll go, but sure it can't be too bad, like.

I was thinking about that too, there's only really an aural and the questions at the end of the comprehension.

What exactly is the points bonus for doing so?

Yeah, I know that :rolleyes: But theres no 11' :) Alright, I'll check it out this week :pac:

Thanks a bkgskytdhdtsillion! :D
    I was thinking about that too, there's only really an aural and the questions at the end of the comprehension.

I think it's only 5% for languages, which isn't enough to make me do an exam where I'd have to think in three different languages!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

It's if you divide your total marks by two, then take the first number. So if you get 180 marks, divide it by two (90), and take the first digit (9), so you get 9 marks. That's 2%!

• Advertisement

Rí-rá sounds familiar, but maybe its the radio station I'm thinking about? :confused:

Yeah there was no Ceol '11 as such but the radio station released a similar type CD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

I have no idea what any of you are talking about

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    It's if you divide your total marks by two, then take the first number. So if you get 180 marks, divide it by two (90), and take the first digit (9), so you get 9 marks. That's 2%!

So take this equation (Marks)(21/80)= your new percentage:)

I suppose it's worth it, maybe if I had time to go back and change all of my English aural answers to Irish...

According to my teacher, they also tend to mark Irish slightly easier, because so few answer through it.

A in French! :) Only waiting on four more results now!

Irish P2 was pretty nice, but business was awful ugh. The shorts were ridiculous :( Then in section 3 I completely waffled, I didnt know bits and pieces of every question, blehhhhh I bet I got like a C. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

So our english teacher got back the tests, said she hasn't heard anything about them, and I won't be there tomorrow to get it back! AGH

ConTheCat wrote: »
    So our english teacher got back the tests, said she hasn't heard anything about them, and I won't be there tomorrow to get it back! AGH

5 weeks ago I started my Mocks, still waiting for one of them to come back :rolleyes: flupping ridiculous!

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

5 weeks ago I started my Mocks, still waiting for one of them to come back :rolleyes: flupping ridiculous!

I actually feel your pain! I know exactly how it feels! What's worse is teachers telling you that you will "have them tomorrow" and then not even an explanation the next day as to WHERE THE F*** they are :L I havn't been waiting as long as you so I can only imagine how you feel! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Arsenal game or radio? Decisions decisions :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement