Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert. '11/'12 Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭rkeano5

Patchy~ wrote: »
    here and here! :)

Thanks I had already had the UCC one, they are quite good methinks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Got my Irish mock back today. First ever C sa Ghaeilge. :( At least it's only worth 50% of the overall grade, but still, 69% in the written means that at most I could get a B overall. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

ConTheCat wrote: »
    OMG BROKE MY WRIST.............
    :eek: The only worse time for this to happen is right before the leaving itself.
    Togepi wrote: »
    Got my Irish mock back today. First ever C sa Ghaeilge. :( At least it's only worth 50% of the overall grade, but still, 69% in the written means that at most I could get a B overall. :(

Still. wouldn't a B in the mocks be good news though. It means you just have the one grade to climb in the real thing.
    It's really disheartening getting a result you didn't expect but I suppose we should just work harder to improve that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Hey lads, just lettin ya know I'll be playing a bitta music around half 10 tonight :)

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Resonance-Radio/308915762497040

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

Since Hamlet has dominated the minds of youth in 2012 due to the English course, let us offer some love to an old favorite, "The Merchant of Venice":

"IN sooth I know not why I am so sad,
    The mock wearies me, you say it wearies you;
    But how I passed it, failed it or did not arrive to it,
    What stuff 'tis made of, whereof it is born,
    I am to learn:
    And such a want wit sadness makes of me,
    That I have much ado to know by June...." - Antonio, 3 months before the big LC.

No wonder he began having homoerotic emotions for his bum chum, partner in swooning women, Bassanio. Portia got 600 points and managed to pass Law at Trinity. I'm assuming by the lack of intelligence in Bassanio, he only completed jam making.

• Advertisement

Eathrin wrote: »
    Still. wouldn't a B in the mocks be good news though. It means you just have the one grade to climb in the real thing.
    It's really disheartening getting a result you didn't expect but I suppose we should just work harder to improve that.

True, it's just I thought I'd be improving my grades rather than having them worsen! At least it should give me the kick up the arse I need to work harder at Irish. I think I know where I went wrong too, I did nothing for Irish all year. :o :P

Half my mocks back so far, and I'm already certain my total points will be lower than last year's mocks. I can live with that but my mam is going to go mental. :(

Hey lads, just lettin ya know I'll be playing a bitta music around half 10 tonight :)

I would tune in for a while but I've got a strict new bedtime of 8pm to stick to. :P (I need my sleep!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 j3nnif3r

Got my Irish mock back today. First ever C sa Ghaeilge. :( At least it's only worth 50% of the overall grade, but still, 69% in the written means
    that at most I could get a B overall. :
    (
    Mise freisin!! :( ta bron an domhain orm!! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 j3nnif3r

I know it's a big big ask, but if there is anyone here who goes to the institute and has Sraith Pictiur notes I would be eternally grateful for them!! Please PM me! Please!!! X

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Despite the mini nervous breakdown I had during the exam and the fact my last essay was less than a page long, I got 73% in History. SO convinced I was going to fail
    15celc8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭rusty_racer94

Thanks for the motivations. Got myself an iPhone and downloading Temple Run. Flip the Leaving Cert, I've got my priorities. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Namlub wrote: »
    Despite the mini nervous breakdown I had during the exam and the fact my last essay was less than a page long, I got 73% in History. SO convinced I was going to fail
    15celc8.jpg
    Well done! Still awaiting my elusive results. I've come to the conclusion that all my scripts were so magically fantastic that the DEB examiners wanna keep them forever... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

I'm getting annoyed for you at this point :p

Anyone know where I can get a decently priced A4 pad?
    Eason seem to have stopped their purple ones which were such good value,
    now all the cheap ones I can find anywhere are shoite and the others just unjustifiably expensive for the amount I go through.

I've always thought I should've bought a lifetime's supply of A4 pads years ago. It would've been so much cheaper. :D

To answer your question, I've no idea where to get the cheapest ones, sowwy!

I've always thought I should've bought a lifetime's supply of A4 pads years ago. It would've been so much cheaper. :D

To answer your question, I've no idea where to get the cheapest ones, sowwy!

The moral of the story; never underestimate the Leaving Certificate's ability to devastate the rainforest.

The moral of the story; never underestimate the Leaving Certificate's ability to devastate the rainforest.

Oh I've definitely had a few teachers who need to plant a few rainforests when they retire!

Broadcasting now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭JonnyMcNamee

So Mock Oral tomorrow, no Sraithpictúir prepared and I'm stuck on Boards.. Gonna be a serious waffling session tomorrow :p

Gah... Mocks today, please DEB? :P

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

Maybe theyre reading the thread and waiting for you to stop asking... :P

Its kinda odd, I'll have my English back on Monday and could have my result already if I asked and I only did it last Wednesday and Thursday :P

French today, me dit bonne chance tout le monde! :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

59 in english , really disappointed :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

French was mad easy :D Really hope I got my A :)

All my friends in my English teacher's geography class were going to get their geography results off him so I had to get my English, couldnt resist :pac: I dont have the script but I got a B1, 82% :) Chuffed tbh, wanted an A but we didnt revise Hamlet much or do any B part comprehensions so I can definitely bump it up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

81% in French, happy-ish but not really.

Failed Chemistry horribly. :rolleyes:

67 in Geography, gutted :(

Got 405 points overall so gotta make up 35 if I wanna get the course

Finally got some mocks back today:

Geography (HL) 81%: B1

Maths (OL) 74%: B2

Economics (HL) 87%: A2

French (HL) 61%: C2

Sooooooooooooooooo happy with Economics and Geography! Not so happy with French, C2 just isn't good enough. Need to push it up to a B2.. English was back too but teacher wasn't in so hopefully will get it tomorrow! Hoping for a B2 in English and Business and a Distinction in LCVP, that'd bring me to 480! :)

81% in French, happy-ish but not really.

Failed Chemistry horribly. :rolleyes:
    Ah no reason not to be happy with French, fantastic result, I'm backing you for an A1 in the real thing, no doubt about it.
    Finally got some mocks back today:

Geography (HL) 81%: B1

Maths (OL) 74%: B2

Economics (HL) 87%: A2

French (HL) 61%: C2

Sooooooooooooooooo happy with Economics and Geography! Not so happy with French, C2 just isn't good enough. Need to push it up to a B2.. English was back too but teacher wasn't in so hopefully will get it tomorrow! Hopeing for a B2 in English and Business and a Distinction in LCVP, that'd bring me to 480! :)

And so a saga ends:pac:
    Great results, what are you hoping to do next year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

59% in Ag science. Bummer :(

89% in written LCVP mock makes up for it though. 30/30 for the case study...

211092_242669842430795_4056741_n.jpg

Ah no reason not to be happy with French, fantastic result, I'm backing you for an A1 in the real thing, no doubt about it.

Thanks, and I know at long last like! Hoping to do a BCL Law, Economics and Sociology in NUI Maynooth! Considering putting BBL Law and Business in Trinity down as number one now, i'm not sure though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

If I start studying, maybe :rolleyes: Thanks though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

I've ceol '10! :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement